Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Refresh
- Judgment

Your defensive wall. You could run it as a specially defensive wall, but ubers water has other pokemon with higher SpD. Will-O-Wisp cripples non-fire type physical attackers. Recover is obviously to recover. Refresh removes status from you, allowing you to wall things that rely on status such as paralysis, burn, and poison. Judgement hits like a truck, even without investment and punishes those immune to WoW.

Other Options:
- Defog can be used as more support over Refresh, but nothing on water that you should use is weak to Stealth Rock
- Calm Mind can be used to set up and be able to wall everything and is an option over Refresh
Note that this leaves you weak to status, and Recover doesn't have unlimited PP.

Walled By:
- Primal Groudon: Primal Groudon sets Desolate Land so it is immune to water, and it is a fire type so you can't even burn it. It forces you to switch.
- Anything else immune to water with status healing

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Rest
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Scald

Your bulky special sweeper, and general OP Pokemon. Primal Kyogre is a beast. It has a ton of bulk, and this set takes advantage of that. EVs give you a ton of SpA and bulk. Rest is recovery to remove status, Thunder takes advantage of Primordial Sea to hit with 100% accuracy. Ice Beam is coverage, and Scald hits like a truck after STAB/Rain boost with the nifty 30% burn chance. Functions well as a Primal Groudon check.

Other Options:
- Calm Mind can be used to boost your stats if you want to go that route.
- Hydro Pump could be used over Scald for the extra power
- Sleep Talk could be used so you're not set up bait

Walled By:
Primal Groudon. If this is a PrimalDon counter, how is it walled by PrimalDon? It all depends on who switches in first, thus cancelling out the other's ability. So, both are good revenge killers for the other one. Also, it pretty much forces your PrimalOgre to switch, as in Desolate Land water moves do nothing and Primal Groudon is immune to Thunder.

Palkia @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Spacial Rend
- Fire Blast
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast

Ass Vest Palkia is actually really good. Walls a decent amount of stuff, and hits back hard with STABs (Spacial Rend/Hydro Pump) and coverage (Fire Blast/Focus Blast). Pretty self-explanatory. Wall stuff while killing it. I might not have the EVs that are generic, but that's what I use.

Slowbro-Mega @ Slowbronite
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Calm Nature
- Rest
- Iron Defense
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam

My personal favourite Mega Slowbro set: mixed wall MegaBro. Rest is recovery that heals status (always helpful). Iron Defense boosts your godly defense stat. Calm Mind boost you SpA and sorta average SpD. Ice Beam has no immunities. EVs maximize your average SpD with full HP almost full SpD, with slight investment into defense to get you to 400.

This is a very good balanced core for water in mono-ubers.

Last edited:

Steel STABmons Monotype

The basic premise of this team is to pressure the opponent via Doom Desire and allow Mega Scizor to sweep late game thanks to Ferrothorn's Spikes spreading. The whole basic premise is that Mega Scizor is the wincondition, with Magnezone trapping Skarmory; Aegislash luring Landorus-Therian; Empoleon to spread burns; Heatran to shuffle via Doom Desire; Ferrothorn to spread Spikes. Each member fulfills this certain role! Mega Scizor as a powerful Shift Gear win condition later in the match when the things are weakened; Magnezone to trap opposing Steel-types and spread around Doom Desire; Aegislash as an unusual lure attempting to smack things around with powerful Doom Desire and leading Landorus-T into it to be smacked by Hidden Power Ice; Empoleon to threaten things via Scald; Heatran is to spread Doom Desire; and Ferrothorn for Spikes and Spore. Really a simple team, the defensive core being the final three members. So yeah, I hope you guys enjoy!
Wasn't Aegi banned on steel?

DoW

formally Death on Wings
I think the STABmons rules would overrule. For example we allow Talonflame in mono Ubers, and although we're not trying to balance mono Ubers I think the fact that it's been deemed as unbroken in general means it's unlikely to be broken on a steel team. This is something that can be revisited if problems arise, perhaps.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
I think the STABmons rules would overrule. For example we allow Talonflame in mono Ubers, and although we're not trying to balance mono Ubers I think the fact that it's been deemed as unbroken in general means it's unlikely to be broken on a steel team. This is something that can be revisited if problems arise, perhaps.
It says on the Google Doc thing that for OMs, Mono rules still apply. Therefore, because Mono is basically OU mono, we kinda unbanned Aegislash from ubers mono just for ghost (and not steel) and because Aegi is awesome on steel (its immune to one of steel's weaknesses) we didn't unban it for that, and I think that we should use a combo of the two rules, but with monotype's bans/unbans taking priority over the STABmons bans/unbans. After all, it is a MONOTYPE tourney in the MONOTYPE room, just an OM, but I believe that the main thing is that it is mono. Also, Lord Monotyke decided not to unban Aegi on steel and we must obey Lord Monotyke.

Also, I'm not gonna do my normal monothreat team actually.

Last edited:

DoW

formally Death on Wings
I'm not sure I agree. You could argue it's a question of whether we banned aegi for steel or simply unbanned it for ghost, in which case the latter is correct and therefore it's that it shouldn't be unbanned, rather than banned. If we went with all the Mono bans in all Mono OMs, Mono Ubers would be pretty pointless. Aegi isn't allowed on steel monotypes because of the way it affected the metagame, however the entire metagame's different in OMs. If we take a very different OM like inversemons, for example, it'd be silly to prioritise the monotype bans because of how different the meta is: For example, talon was banned for its effect on grass, bug and fighting teams which obviously isn't relevant in Inverse monotype games. It may still be broken (and probably still is in this case), but it's something to be looked at separately. STABmons tiering (IIRC) has mostly been dominated by such threats as diggersby, which leads to bans being based on very different things. Therefore we should prioritise OM bans or unbans over Monotype bans or unbans. This isn't to say that Aegi shouldn't be banned on steel teams, but rather to say that if it should be banned we should do this separately to the monotype bans.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
I'm not sure I agree. You could argue it's a question of whether we banned aegi for steel or simply unbanned it for ghost, in which case the latter is correct and therefore it's that it shouldn't be unbanned, rather than banned. If we went with all the Mono bans in all Mono OMs, Mono Ubers would be pretty pointless. Aegi isn't allowed on steel monotypes because of the way it affected the metagame, however the entire metagame's different in OMs. If we take a very different OM like inversemons, for example, it'd be silly to prioritise the monotype bans because of how different the meta is: For example, talon was banned for its effect on grass, bug and fighting teams which obviously isn't relevant in Inverse monotype games. It may still be broken (and probably still is in this case), but it's something to be looked at separately. STABmons tiering (IIRC) has mostly been dominated by such threats as diggersby, which leads to bans being based on very different things. Therefore we should prioritise OM bans or unbans over Monotype bans or unbans. This isn't to say that Aegi shouldn't be banned on steel teams, but rather to say that if it should be banned we should do this separately to the monotype bans.
I only meant that other OMs (such as STABmons) have the same basic rule as monotype: OU except for a few select bans/unbans. I'm not saying ubers is pointless as that is a sub-tier and has different rules than the OMs. I'm just talking about the OM STABmons. I still think it's broken on steel as it can absorb fighting moves for its teammates (isn't that why it was not unbanned in mono?). I dunno though, just my opinion that it is still broken in STABmons, especially as it then gets access to more powerful moves, as well as two forms of priority (shadow sneak/bullet punch). I do think that each OM should be looked at individually, but I still think Aegi shouldn't be legal on steel STABmons teams.

DoW

formally Death on Wings
I only meant that other OMs (such as STABmons) have the same basic rule as monotype: OU except for a few select bans/unbans. I'm not saying ubers is pointless as that is a sub-tier and has different rules than the OMs. I'm just talking about the OM STABmons. I still think it's broken on steel as it can absorb fighting moves for its teammates (isn't that why it was not unbanned in mono?). I dunno though, just my opinion that it is still broken in STABmons, especially as it then gets access to more powerful moves, as well as two forms of priority (shadow sneak/bullet punch). I do think that each OM should be looked at individually, but I still think Aegi shouldn't be legal on steel STABmons teams.
I'm not arguing that aegi should be legal on steel teams, simply that it shouldn't be banned due to its ban in standard monotype. Perhaps Mono Ubers is a little irrevelant, but I think my point still stands that Mono OMs are sufficiently different from Monotype that we shouldn't take it as an absolute baseline for bans. Rather, I think the OM banlists are generally better for starting bans, after which we can apply extra bans (such as a potential aegi on steel ban).

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
I'm not arguing that aegi should be legal on steel teams, simply that it shouldn't be banned due to its ban in standard monotype. Perhaps Mono Ubers is a little irrevelant, but I think my point still stands that Mono OMs are sufficiently different from Monotype that we shouldn't take it as an absolute baseline for bans. Rather, I think the OM banlists are generally better for starting bans, after which we can apply extra bans (such as a potential aegi on steel ban).
Mfw I realize I've been arguing with you when I (mostly) agree with you....
Anyway, yes I believe each OM should be looked at independently, but I thought mono rules should be considered first. You've made a good point though, so I guess we could look at the OM bans first. I do think Aegislash should be banned on steel STABmons though.

DoW

formally Death on Wings
Hey, are we allowed to post sets for Pokemon in sub-tiers/OMs, or are we only allowed to post single Pokemon sets for Monothreats?
I imagine posting sets for any mono OM will be good, this is a mega-thread for all things Mono-OM related after all.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Koren
Arceus-Ghost Mono-Ubers Set:

Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind
- Will-O-Wisp/Rest

Your bulky wall. Judgement hits really hard. Focus Blast hits normal types. Calm Mind boosts SpA and SpD. Will-O-Wisp cripples physical attackers, or Rest lets you wall more stuff by healing your HP/status. Works really well, even if mono-ghost is usually bad in ubers. Partners well with bulky Giratina (non-origin) and Shadow Tagging Perish Song Mega Gengar. Also, Rest is usually preferred as mono-ghost should have other users of WoW. EVs give you maximum physical bulk, as Calm Mind boosts your special bulk.

scpinion

Life > Monotype... unfortunately :)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey, are we allowed to post sets for Pokemon in sub-tiers/OMs, or are we only allowed to post single Pokemon sets for Monothreats?
You're more than welcome to post sets, cores or teams for Monothreats. If you post a whole team I would prefer it have a consistent theme though, not just "here are some offensive Pokemon that I've mixed with some defensive Pokemon that happen to have a useful resistance/immunity".

Here's a set that trips people up in Bug Monothreats.

Ra(Volcarona)(M)@Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 144 HP, 252 Def, 112 Spe
Bold Nature
-Quiver Dance
-Roost
-Whirlwind
-Fiery Dance

So this set. People are always raging at this. On Bug Monothreats, Volcarona can really wreck shop. Since there is little point in running Bug Buzz, Giga Drain, Hidden Power Ground, or whatever, because Fiery Dance already does all the work, that last slot is a predicament. I find Whirlwind to be quite amazing. What you do is switch into an enemy Volcarona hoping to set up, set up along with it, then right when they reach +5 and is about to reach +6, you Whirlwind them out and proceed to sweep.

P.S Feel free to change up the EVs on it. But make sure that the HP is an odd number. Don't want to take more Stealth Rock damage than you have to. The Speed is more for normal play as it outspeeds max Speed Crobat at +1.

P.S.S Please don't use this set. This is MINE. But seriously. Have fun bugging people with this.

P.S.S For you, scpinion

Last edited:

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
I will do a Normal Monothreat Chansey/Miltank Defensive Core. I will do it, but probably not before the New Year. Also, Happy Holidays everyone (yay, tomorrow is Christmas!).

DM35, for you.

So I've got this Tier Shift set here.

Count Sheep(Musharna)(F)@Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpDef
Bold Nature
-Calm Mind
-Moonlight
-Psychic
-Signal Beam/Hidden Power Fire/Heal Bell

This set is loads of fun. Tier Shift has some incredibly bulky Pokemon. Musharna is a great example of this. Gaining a +15 boost to its stats, it gains a new 131 HP stat, and 100 Defense stat. This allows Musharna to be able to run a Calm Mind set. At +6, it might not OHKO much, but it can still outlast the opponent. Like most good set-up sets though, crits and Toxic are the bane of your existence. Heal Bell at least remedies the poison. I find that Dark is kinda common in Tier Shift as well, but maybe that's just me. With great bulk and great self-sufficiency, Musharna is a loved one of mine.

One more thing though...

I know Anything Goes isn't exactly an OM, but in celebration of the winter season, we had an Anything Goes tourney with a few special things. There had to be 3 Hustle Delibirds each holding a Snowball and knowing the moves Fling and Recycle. Here's the full set:

<Insert a winter/Christmas joke here>(Delibird)@Snowball
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 84 HP, 84 Atk, 84 Def, 84 SpAtk, 84 SpDef, 84 Spe
-Recycle
-Fling

So this was a hilarious tourney to watch. It's all about luck with all the Speed ties and Hustle misses. All Fling damage outputs must look like this:

84 Atk Flame Orb Delibird Fling (30 BP) vs. 84 HP / 84 Def Delibird: 25-30 (9.9 - 11.9%) -- possible 9HKO

Now have fun having Snowball fights!

[URL='http://www.smogon.com/forums/members/gnief-fiar.233789/' said:
Gnief Fiar[/URL]]So I've got this Tier Shift set here.

Count Sheep(Musharna)(F)@Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 SpDef
Bold Nature
-Calm Mind
-Moonlight
-Psychic
-Signal Beam/Hidden Power Fire/Heal Bell

This set is loads of fun. Tier Shift has some incredibly bulky Pokemon. Musharna is a great example of this. Gaining a +15 boost to its stats, it gains a new 131 HP stat, and 100 Defense stat. This allows Musharna to be able to run a Calm Mind set. At +6, it might not OHKO much, but it can still outlast the opponent. Like most good set-up sets though, crits and Toxic are the bane of your existence. Heal Bell at least remedies the poison. I find that Dark is kinda common in Tier Shift as well, but maybe that's just me. With great bulk and great self-sufficiency, Musharna is a loved one of mine.
To me, Cresselia does this role much better. Being in RU, it gets 130/130/140 bulk which is insane. The only edge that i can see musharna having over cress is heal bell, but that support can be provided easily by psychic. It can also be noted that cress can run moonblast as well, which allows it to hit darks for more power than signal beam would. Unless you already have a cress on your team, I cant think of a reason to run Musharna over it.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Hey Koren are you in charge of Anything Goes/Smogon Triples as well? Couldn't find them anywhere and I have a Triples core I like (I'llpost it on Jan. 5/6, I can't get on PS before then), and a couple other people have posted AG stuff.

Dark is a really good in stabmons, but one tool that it gets that you aren't really utilizing is darkrai. I would suggest running it instead of hydreigon, because it is overall just much better. Dark void bad dreams is cool, or it could perform the same role that your hydreigon is doing by being an all out LO attacker. It doesnt get flamethrower for steels, but incinerate (same as hp fire, but with an added effect) KO's scizor, but this leaves you more vulnerable to heatran. I personally run darkrai and then greninja for heatran. Either way, this is the only reason I could think to run hydreigon over darkrai, otherwise darkrai is superior.

Dream Eater Gengar said:
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shift Gear
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Meteor Mash
This set looks good, but why do you run jolly? Is there something you outspeed after a shift gear? Also I would suggest slashing gear grind with meteor mash as it hits for more damage, breaks subs, study and sashes.

Dream Eater Gengar said:
Knock Off sits here at 120 BP when targets is holding an item plus it helps the team knocking off pesky eviolite users on normal
The eviolite core is nonexistent because normal is banned in stabmons!

Dark is a really good in stabmons, but one tool that it gets that you aren't really utilizing is darkrai. I would suggest running it instead of hydreigon, because it is overall just much better. Dark void bad dreams is cool, or it could perform the same role that your hydreigon is doing by being an all out LO attacker. It doesnt get flamethrower for steels, but incinerate (same as hp fire, but with an added effect) KO's scizor, but this leaves you more vulnerable to heatran. I personally run darkrai and then greninja for heatran. Either way, this is the only reason I could think to run hydreigon over darkrai, otherwise darkrai is superior.

This set looks good, but why do you run jolly? Is there something you outspeed after a shift gear? Also I would suggest slashing gear grind with meteor mash as it hits for more damage, breaks subs, study and sashes.

The eviolite core is nonexistent because normal is banned in stabmons!
Alright, my bad forgot about Normal being banned. I run jolly to outspeed to get more speed before the boost, Adamant is a good choice, Hydreigon has more coverage than Darkrai that's why I pick it over Darkrai.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
MonoDark STABmons

Since sharing is caring I’m going to share my MonoDark STABmons team. This team won for me lot of STABmons tours. It is made after a Solid Core, and it’s main objective is to weakens the enemy attack and gives force to my team’s members.

Bisharp

Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shift Gear
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Meteor Mash/Gear Grind

Bisharp is an amazing fairy killer due to it’s great typing Dark/Steel. Thanks to STABmons it has access to Shift Gear that boost it’s Attack AND Speed making it a fast physical threat, it also gained access to Meteor Mash which is stronger than Iron Head and has a chance to boost it’s attack, Gear Grind is can break sub, sash and hits stronger than it's fellow steel moves. Knock Off sits here at 120 BP when targets is holding an item plus it helps the team knocking off leftovers recovery on other pokemon, sucker punch is to outspeed faster Pokemon. Life orb gives Bisharp more power, Lum berry makes it avoid getting burned while setting up and Sash is for an easy set up. I’d suggest using Life orb or Lum berry.

Sableye

Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Topsy-Turvy
- Parting Shot
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

Oh what’s better than a good ol’ sableye giving the team immunity to fighting and crippling these physical pokemon with prankster WoW, It gains awesome toys in STABmons like Topsy-Turvy to invert your enemy’s setup stats and parting shot weakening your enemy’s pokemon’s offense to switch to a bulky pokemon and setup for the win (Tyranitar). Topsy-Turvy is also here to stop pesky fairy users with Geomancy which destroys dark.

Tyranitar

Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Diamond Storm
- Knock Off

There we are, best sweeper alive with a whooping 164 base attack and Bulk this monster can easily setup on anything not called fighting after a Parting-Shot from Sableye. Dragon Dance boosts Godzilla’s Speed and Attack, Knock Off is for a 120 BP when other pokemon is holding an item causing ton of damange, sucker punch is here for that priority STAB+ and Diamond Storm to hit anything that is resisted by dark attacks + to cause damage to fire, flying, ice…

Mandibuzz

Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Dark Void
- Roost
- Foul Play
- Defog

What is a Dark Team without Mandibuzz? Even in STABmons Mandibae plays an amazing role in dark monotypes with amazing bulk it can survive hits and kills setup sweepers with Foul Play, Overcoat is a great ability to sponge spore and avoid weather damage, defog is here to remove annoying hazards. Mandibuzz can sing a lullaby and make threats fall asleep so sableye can weaken them or foul play them. Psst, It’s weak to fairies.

Hydreigon
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Night Daze
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power

Hydreigon has a spot on my team due to it’s great resistance and it’s levitate ability and because I lack special attackers, Life Orb hydreigon clear some bulky threats and annoying steel pokemon (I’m looking at you scizor, forretress). Hydreigon has gained the name Steel Killer thanks to it Flamethrower/Earth Power combo. Night Daze has more BP than Dark Pulse plus it has a chance to lower the accuracy of the enemy’s pokemon, Draco is here to gives Hydreigon a powerful STAB move that destroys stuff.

Umbreon
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Foul Play
- Heal Bell

Last but not least is Umbreon, this pokemon is the Team cleric having access to Heal Bell and Wish Umbreon helps it’s teammates. Wish recovers Tyranitar Health when needed and Heal Bell fix the status on other pokemon, Foul play is present to prevent Physical Setup while Umbreon is doing it’s Job.

Things that could be improved: As you see this team lacks hazard so a little pinch of hazards would be good.

Monotype Dark STABmons Core: Will post soon

REPLAYS:
*Note these replays were taken before I added Topsy-Turvy on my Sableye

DM35 happy?
Isn't Knock Off 97.5 BP (pre-STAB) when the target is holding an item and the item isn't a Mega Stone/Primal Orb?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)