ORAS OU RMT

Hi, I'm kinda new to Smogon forums and I'm sorta ok with pokemon, but this is the first RMT I've done, so please excuse any errors. Honestly, I just want to know if there are any specific changes I need to make.

Scizor @ Scizorite:
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
Nature: Adamant
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- U-turn
- Knock Off
Scizor was my choice as lead for this team for his decent Attack stat, singular major weakness, and good offensive synergy. Its main purpose is that of a physical sweeper, being able to hit anything weak hard and fast. Bullet Punch is priority STAB, Roost increases staying power, U-Turn is a good STAB and lets him switch and not waste a turn, and Knock off is mainly just to annoy opponents.

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash:
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Speed
Nature: Jolly
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Stealth Rock
Dugtrio's first reason for being chosen was my need for a good Fire switch-in so Scizor wouldn't get burnt to a crisp. I then saw his value as a speedy attacker, only being outsped by a few Pokemon in OU, and decided to use that to my advantage. The Focus Sash is in case he does get hit hard. Stone Edge and Aerial Ace are to deal with his weaknesses (Flying and Fighting, respectively), Earthquake is a strong STAB, and Stealth Rock is a great entry hazard.

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf:
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 216 Attack/40 SpAtk/252 Speed
Nature: Naive
- Outrage
- Iron Head
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
Kyurem-Black was chosen out of a need for a physical wallbreaker. With an impressive 170 base Attack stat, as well as decent coverage, K-B fit the bill. Its main purpose is simply to switch in, hit hard, and switch out. Choice Scarf allows it to outspeed many threats, Iron Head has Fairy coverage, Fusion Bolt has good power and coverage, and Outrage is a strong STAB that busts through most Pokemon. Ice Beam is also in there (hence the SpAtk EVs) for a secondary STAB and good coverage.

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry:
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP/216 Def/44 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
Nature: Bold
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Rest
- Will-O-Wisp
Rotom-Wash covers the holes left by the rest of the team. His unique Electric-Water typing gives him amazing coverage, and he uses it well. Hydro Pump is his Water STAB, Volt Switch is a good Electric STAB and also allows him to switch without wasting a turn, Rest with the Chesto Berry (Resto-Chesto, as I'm told its named) allows for quick HP recovery, and Will-O-Wisp is to burn anything that resists his two STAB attacks.

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest:
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SpDef
Nature: Sassy
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- HP Fire
Tangrowth is a wall of sorts. On a team that is otherwise really physical, a special wall was necessary to have some defense. The EV investment allows Tangrowth to take some hits, and while it doesn't have great Attack stats, it's able to deal a slight amount of damage. Leaf Storm is a strong STAB, Knock Off is for any Ghost or Psychic types that sometimes give Tangrowth trouble, while also allowing it to mess with opponents by removing their item, Earthquake is for coverage, and HP Fire is for any other threats.

Greninja @ Life Orb:
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Def/252 SpAtk/252 Speed
Nature: Timid
- Spikes
- Extrasensory
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
Greninja was always one of my favorite OU Pokemon, mainly for his Speed and Versatility. Protean can conform to work with any team, and this set lets him do it quite well. Spikes is for a good entry hazard as well as a necessary type change; Extrasensory is mandatory for pesky Fighting types; Hydro Pump is to keep Water coverage; and Ice Beam is for Dragons. He can't take many hits, so his main purpose is a hit and run attacker.

So that's what I've got. Any suggestions or comments will be appreciated.

Last edited:

Pent

dumb broad
Hi! This team is pretty good, but I recommend a different format of explaining your sets. Try this instead! ^^

[Name] @ [Name of Item]
Ability:
EVs:
IVs: (If there are any.)
Nature:
- Move 1
- Move 2
- Move 3
- Move 4
[Description]

This is the main format for RMT's, and they're the easiest to read. Also try adding pictures and a teambuilding process to make it look pretty. But that is optional.

Onto the Rate!

First of all, this team sure could use some changes that will help it get higher on the OU Ladder. So, the first change I would make would be is Scizor. Since you're running Defensive Scizor, a Scizorite shouldn't really be used. If you want to make a bulky Sweeper, try this set.

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Roost/Defog
- U-turn/Bug Bite
- Knock Off/Superpower/Pursuit

This is a Pick your own set, but it will help you since Scizor isn't the one to be both a mega, and a wall.
Next is Dugtrio, which I would run Memento instead of Aerial Ace since you're running the Focus Sash, and Stealth Rock instead of Reversal/Stone Edge.
Just a nitpick, but Kyurem-Black gets Teravolt, not TurboBlaze. Also run Ice Beam > Dragon Claw since you already have Outrage. If you do this, do a set of 216 Atk / 40 Sp Atk / 252 Spe with a Naive/Mild Nature.
Run this set of Rotom-Wash

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Rest
- Will-O-Wisp

This is a more standard set for Rotom-Wash, and I recommend the Resto-Chesto set since you can recover HP quickly. 44 Spe EVs are there to be able to outspeed and burn Azumarill.
Also, make sure to run 0 Atk IVs on your Special Attacking Pokemon. You take less from both Confusion and Foul Play.

Hope it helps.

Hi! This team is pretty good, but I recommend a different format of explaining your sets.
Thanks for the heads-up!
Scizor did need a change, and the suggestion was appreciated.
My main reason for not running Memento was that it didn't seem worth it to lose a great attacker just to lower the opponents Attack stats. It also has no priority, and so I could just as easily lay down a layer of Stealth Rock.
I'll probably use the suggested changes on Kyurem-B and Rotom-W as well.
Thanks.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)