ORAS OU Stay away furries (Mega-Lopunny team)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, I have been playing casual pokemon since its release but on the XY generation is when I started to play competitive, played a few random battles on Showdown because of my lack of knowlodge about the currently metagame and knowing more or less nothing about set ups so I decided to make a team basing on what I read on the forums. Played 10 games and won all of them by far not losing more than 2 pokemons but I am still unhappy with the results feeling win some random games Its useless so I would like a second review from you guys.

The Team

In-Depth

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch
- High Jump Kick

The star of the team, literally a monster cleaning mostly all of the teams I met with an insane 405 speed, 371 attack, Scrappy on its mega-evolution and also perfect to switch into Thunder Wave / Stun Spore while not mega-evolved.
I run Return for obvious Stab, Fake Out to have a save mega-evolution, Ice Punch to take down threats like Landorus, Gliscor...and of course High Jump Kick to wipe mostly everything and OHKO M-Sableye.

Sableye (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Recover
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp

So I was looking for a good StallBreaker with the perfect psynergy with M-Lopunny and I remembered this guy. A lot of people wouldn't agree with me but in my opinion he is one of the best SBs in the meta. With and standard movepool he is a huge threat to mostly every physical sweeper I've found and the perfect switch of M-Lopunny threats.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Protect Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave

Taking him back again, I consider utility Ferrothorn a good choice along with Heatran to switch into Toxic and Sableye's main problem; Fairy-type hits. Pretty lame movepool but really good to weak teams with Thunder Wave+Leech Seed what force switchs. I chose Power Whip over Gyro Ball to take down Greninja and maybe Keldeo that I think is the main problem on my team.
Since I removed T-Landorus I needed to swap Protect for SR, I think it works because I didnt face anything I should have protect to, switching into Heatran if there is a Fire threat.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge

Because of the vulnerability of Ferrothorn to Fire-type moves, I though of Flash Fire Heatran what combined with Choice Scarf makes him an amazing special sweeper. I decied to take Stone Edge over ancient power to secure some kills on M-Charizard Y or Talonflame and HP Ice to revenge kill some Landorus / Gliscor which can give him problems in late game.

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Belly Drum
- Knock Off
- Play Rough

By far the best psysical sweeper in the entire game and on of my favourite pokemons. Belly Drum+Huge Power along with Aqua Jet makes Azumarill literally a monster able to clean teams with +1 priorite and a good switch into Water-type moves that could get Heatran, what give him a free turn to Belly Drum and start sweeping.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Perfect to set down SR and switch into Electric / Earth type moves, I think T-Landorus is the last piece of the puzzle for my team because mostly cover every lack that I didn't think about before. I tried him with defensive EVs and it worked but I think a more agressive Evs could be better, should try it.

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Draco Meteor

So I decided to give Latios a chance and it worked pretty well imo, Defog is perfect to clean hazzards my team is weak to because my play style is based in constantly switching pokemons, Psyshock and Draco Meteor are standard moves that can break through enemy walls and Thunderbolt is the perfect way to deal with bulky Water-types such a Slowbro.

And this is my team, tried to make it simple maybe too much but well, appreciate every idea of how to change it because as I said it needs more test but wanna hear other opinions about it before changing.

Last edited:
nice team but what im seeing is that you dont have too much for dug+mag core it both trapping your main switchins to fairies. You need shed shell on ferro to beat mag. Your team needs something that beats bulky waters and mega venu replace lando-t with thunderbolt latios since lando switches into talonflame which heatran already does. Lati will be good to switch into keldeo,rotom. Rocks over twave on ferro since your rocking prankster sableye. Thats all for now its mainly mega slowbro that your team should worry about.

Used to play with Latios back in drizzle teams and I tried it bulding Expert Belt / Life Orb but didnt worked well, but I think as you said I need a defoger to remove hazards and Thundervolt / Psyshock to deal with Keldeo and Slowbro. Thanks

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello.
Your descriptions are too short to fit the RMT rules requirements.
I encourage you to PM me an updated version of this team with beefed up descriptions, and if you're new to this, join the Mentor Program. I'll be unlocking this thread after that.

Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)