Ladder Balanced Hackmons

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Out of curiosity, what exactly does Doom Desire do that's special?
It's a 140 BP Steel type move. While it does take a while to do its thing, this can actually be great at forcing switches, and it also goes through Protect when it hits.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
Out of curiosity, what exactly does Doom Desire do that's special?
It's a 140 BP Steel type move. While it does take a while to do its thing, this can actually be great at forcing switches, and it also goes through Protect when it hits.
its also immune to unaware iirc and has stacked damage, (for example, not much can live a 120 base power tail glow boosted draco followed by a 140 base power move, since they cant heal off the damage) plus if you switch out, it still deals damage based on dialgas neutral (no boosts) spc attack beforehand, which is nice to force damage onto something (like for example, you doom desireing, then going into primal groudon and firing thousand arrows, and anything that can switch into 180 attack tarrows, wont appriciate stab doom desire off 150 spc attack, doom sounds terrible on paper, but in practice, its actually not as bad as one would think

its also immune to unaware iirc and has stacked damage, (for example, not much can live a 120 base power tail glow boosted draco followed by a 140 base power move, since they cant heal off the damage) plus if you switch out, it still deals damage based on dialgas neutral (no boosts) spc attack beforehand, which is nice to force damage onto something (like for example, you doom desireing, then going into primal groudon and firing thousand arrows, and anything that can switch into 180 attack tarrows, wont appriciate stab doom desire off 150 spc attack, doom sounds terrible on paper, but in practice, its actually not as bad as one would think
It also has a really cool name.

Try saying it out loud in crowded areas.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Mega-Rayquaza can spam Aeroblast and Spacial Rend with Focus Energy + Sniper. Latios-Mega + Soul Dew does the same but with STAB only on Spacial Rend (which is more powerful than M-Rayquaza's Spacial Rend even after Life Orb boost).
Doesnt need those moves dif you run scope lens, then you can run draco meteor. Since you have access to those though, you might as well run espeed woth aerilate in last slot

Well, I used crit sceptile with draco meteor and leaf storm. Switched to sheer force because it's just better. Setting up a focus energy is kinda annoying and the fact that you probably need some weird set to wall your pokemon in case of imposter makes it not worth it at all.

Well, I used crit sceptile with draco meteor and leaf storm. Switched to sheer force because it's just better. Setting up a focus energy is kinda annoying and the fact that you probably need some weird set to wall your pokemon in case of imposter makes it not worth it at all.
See, that's the cool thing with Dialga running Scope Lens and Focus Energy.

Imposters can't do anything to it if it's already running at full steam.

They copy the drops, but not the Focus Energy. And Scope Lens is an item, so you don't even need to worry about that having an affect. Unless it's a chansey running Lucky Punch, you never need to worry aboutthe Imposter that just switched in that now has -6 SpAtk

See, that's the cool thing with Dialga running Scope Lens and Focus Energy.

Imposters can't do anything to it if it's already running at full steam.

They copy the drops, but not the Focus Energy. And Scope Lens is an item, so you don't even need to worry about that having an affect. Unless it's a chansey running Lucky Punch, you never need to worry aboutthe Imposter that just switched in that now has -6 SpAtk
Why dialga ? I mean, it's the same with sceptile. I actually thought the focus energy was copied by imposter wich led me to running shell armor stuff.
The main problem is setting up focus energy in such an aggresive meta.
And still, I've seen quite a few chanseys running lucky punch to beat imposters easyer. And both dialga and sceptile have better sets to run. I'm having fun at the moment with the sheer force sceptile set rumors posted in the CCAT. Only problem is that it just fails to ohko groudon.

Another thing i noticed is that, since ppl started using techno blast, soundproof mon got rarer. And just spamming some choice spes boomburst works better than ever.

Last edited:

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Super luck, Scope lens and High Crit moves are better IMO
super luck is directly outclassed by sniper; the way to go is sniper + focus energy + high crit / scope lens.
1.5x crits aren't that much more powerful, which is the main drawback of using super luck.

super luck is directly outclassed by sniper; the way to go is sniper + focus energy + high crit / scope lens.
1.5x crits aren't that much more powerful, which is the main drawback of using super luck.
Yeah it may be more powerful but that doesn't matter for shit if you're forced to switch after you set up a Focus Energy when a -ate user comes in or you have to deal with a shedinja or Lucky Punch Chansey.

Worth noting that Sniper is also a more expensive ability to get 100% crits with since you have to devote your ability slot to Sniper, likely your item slot to Scope Lens, a move slot to Focus Energy, and a turn to use Focus Energy. Super Luck just requires the ability slot for itself and likely your item slot for Scope Lens and you can start critting from the get-go and with one more move slot to do so.

It's pretty much a set-up vs immediate power debate, except with crits instead of (special) attack boosts.

What about using Choice Band + Hustle with Hyperspace Fury?

It's the most powerful physical move that do not miss (so bypass that -20% accuracy from Hustle), and Hoopa-Unbound's Attack is really high, besides that's Imposter-proof.

If you wanna abuse super luck, here:

MR CRITICAL (Mewtwo-Mega-X) @ Scope Lens
Ability: Super Luck
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Cross Chop
- Coil
- Drill Run
- Stone Edge

That's probably the best one you can try for it. Hits like a truck, and all moves connect after one coil. You just need the coil for the accuracy really, the attack + def is icing on the cake, you can keep spamming the constant critting cross chop, drill run and stone edge afterwards to hit about everything atleast neutrally for those big fancy A Critical hit! messages.
Nothing likes to take these crits from MMX.

What about using Choice Band + Hustle with Hyperspace Fury?

It's the most powerful physical move that do not miss (so bypass that -20% accuracy from Hustle), and Hoopa-Unbound's Attack is really high, besides that's Imposter-proof.
HF is a special move.

If you wanna abuse super luck, here:

MR CRITICAL (Mewtwo-Mega-X) @ Scope Lens
Ability: Super Luck
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Cross Chop
- Coil
- Drill Run
- Stone Edge

That's probably the best one you can try for it. Hits like a truck, and all moves connect after one coil. You just need the coil for the accuracy really, the attack + def is icing on the cake, you can keep spamming the constant critting cross chop, drill run and stone edge afterwards to hit about everything atleast neutrally for those big fancy A Critical hit! messages.
Nothing likes to take these crits from MMX.
I think special rayquaza with aeroblast spacial rend and a fire move or ground move would be best. Perhaps Draco as your 4th option. 50% crit chance for it.

HF is a special move.
Nah, Hyperspace Fury is physical now.

edit: ninja'd by Talpr0ne

So that this isn't useless, I've been running the following set lately, and it seems moderately effective:

Groudon-Primal @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 108 HP / 252 SpA / 148 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leech Seed
- Quiver Dance
- Eruption
- Moonblast

It's a clone of PH Kyogre but with a different set of resistances, basically.

Huh. How come all the sites have it as a special move?

UC I feel like that set would be way worse than the kyogre PH set. Just cause of 4x water weakness

UC I feel like that set would be way worse than the kyogre PH set. Just cause of 4x water weakness
Yeah, that is quite a disadvantage, I will admit. However, I'm running it alongside a non-Imposter Chansey and a Grass-type so I can take care of opposing Kyogres. Primal Groudon's physical defense and mixed attack stats make it pretty useful overall, and this was just an interesting experiment to try.

The main reason to use groudon in my opinion is the fact that it can't be rk by -ate users.
252+ Atk Life Orb Aerilate Rayquaza Fake Out vs. 108 HP / 0 Def Groudon: 117-138 (31.7 - 37.5%)
252+ Atk Life Orb Aerilate Rayquaza Extreme Speed vs. 108 HP / 0 Def Groudon: 231-274 (62.7 - 74.4%)
Kyogre struggles on the other hand
252+ Atk Life Orb Aerilate Rayquaza Fake Out vs. 108 HP / 0 Def Kyogre: 169-200 (45.9 - 54.3%)
252+ Atk Life Orb Aerilate Rayquaza Extreme Speed vs. 108 HP / 0 Def Kyogre: 339-399 (92.1 - 108.4%)

The main problem I had with it was being unable to hit opposing groudons who can easily ohko you. I had a storm drain quiver dancing groudon for a while but then it isn't imposter proof even with ground judgment.

Why dialga ? I mean, it's the same with sceptile. I actually thought the focus energy was copied by imposter wich led me to running shell armor stuff.
The main problem is setting up focus energy in such an aggresive meta.
And still, I've seen quite a few chanseys running lucky punch to beat imposters easyer. And both dialga and sceptile have better sets to run. I'm having fun at the moment with the sheer force sceptile set rumors posted in the CCAT. Only problem is that it just fails to ohko groudon.

Another thing i noticed is that, since ppl started using techno blast, soundproof mon got rarer. And just spamming some choice spes boomburst works better than ever.
Why Dialga? At the time, when Abilities were unlimited, the Steel-type gave it a lot of resistance to things like half-health PH Kyogre Water Spout. That, and the ability to take it's own Draco Meteor from full health in a pinch.

Using it, things like Zard XY, MM2Y pre-boost, opposing Dialga, Lati@s... even Kyurem and Rayquaza had to be more careful than they would around a different DMer. Basically the only thing I had to watch for was Xerneas switches (And not being dumb enough to leave it in on MM2X or Blaziken). It was useful.

It's less useful now, but if you get lucky with a Draco Meteor things die. Rayquaza can't switch in, and Steel means it can sponge off a single hit, maybe two, if it has to. Primal Kyogre is an issue, as is Primal Groudon but they don't outrun you.If you're desperate, and you put in a little Speed... Well. Crit Draco Meteor hurts, and if you hurt Kyogre enough so it can't OHKO you you can sometimes get off another. Diancie is actually less of a worry because with that and all the Regirock you can just start running Flash Cannon or something. Even Leaf Storm if you get desperate.

I've been screwing around in BH for a while now, but I've been finding certain things out about myself.

1) I seem to be a staller by nature. When -ate was uncontrolled, about half of my teams were steel types. Even now, I still don't feel as comfortable with only 1 steel type.

2) I seem to prefer Momentum Stall here, switching around and wearing out my opponent constantly with VoltTurn. Surprisingly effective here, as so few things are able to stop it easily. It really comes down to what you use that gives the team weaknesses, as with most teams.

3) I hate certain people for using stallbreakers.

Has the BH council or whatever thought about making up some new fake abilities?

It'd be cool if there was a ghost version of scrappy, or rockiate or a special moxie or intimidate. I know BH is supposed to simulate playing on a 3ds, but the meta right now is only possible with a Japanese 3ds and game on that one program.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
Nah, Hyperspace Fury is physical now.

edit: ninja'd by Talpr0ne

So that this isn't useless, I've been running the following set lately, and it seems moderately effective:

Groudon-Primal @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 108 HP / 252 SpA / 148 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leech Seed
- Quiver Dance
- Eruption
- Moonblast

It's a clone of PH Kyogre but with a different set of resistances, basically.
been there done that lol, i used a set with spiky sheild/spore over leech seed, its main niche that i like is that it can stand on its own vs -ates, but its cost is lack of ways to actually hurt imposter (full hp eruption hits like a truck tho), and it gets raped by ph ogre. i can see how leech seed would work better over the two i used

Has the BH council or whatever thought about making up some new fake abilities?

It'd be cool if there was a ghost version of scrappy, or rockiate or a special moxie or intimidate. I know BH is supposed to simulate playing on a 3ds, but the meta right now is only possible with a Japanese 3ds and game on that one program.
no. they probably never will either, because we go by "whats capable in game" or at least, to the best of our ability (i mean, its not like bh is impossible in oras or anything right?...ohwait.) jokes aside, we cant "make up abilities" because that goes against BH logic, its why we dont use CAP pokes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)