ORAS OU Balanced: Water is OP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, this is my first serious ORAS team that actually did decent. It has too many water types. However what you are here for is the team not a story so heres the team.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- U-turn
- Superpower

IMO having priority on your team is an absolute must and scizor's priority is extremely powerful. Steel isn't the best offensive typing but I can now revenge fairy's such as gardevoir and frail pokemon. Superpower is a fairly common coverage choice for Ferrothorn and other steel types. U-turn is great because it its like a truck and it generates huge momentum. Pursuit IMO is the best move on scizors set. Come in on a ice type greninja and kill it as it switches out. Come in on lati@s after they used draco and kill it. Its so powerful nothing appreciates it. That can be said for this scizor in general lol.

Slowbro @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator --> Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Flamethrower

Slowbro is my Mega Set-up sweeper. For those who have not had the pleasure of playing with this it is great. Fire+Water is neat coverage and can break past a ton of threats. In a game I usually don't mega evolve until I want to sweep so I can keep regenerator as long as possible. I usually don't mega-evolve until I'm threatened by a physical attacker or until I reach +3. Being immune to crits is hilarious as once my special defense gets high enough I am nigh invincible as only bisharp and other strong physical darks can take me down. Slack off is to prevent wearing down. Personally I don't like rest-talk because the recovery is sorta wonky and I can't run flamethrower/ice beam.

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 80 Atk / 176 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-Turn
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot

It's a greninja. Woah. This shouldn't come to any surprise as this is probably the most broken pokemon in the tier. I have to say this is pretty effective and puts a ton of pressure on my opponents. U-turn is over hydro pump because no fire type in their right mind stay in on greninja and U-turn grabs sooo much momentum. The ev's are to do a ton of damage no matter what attack I am using.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

This is unfortunately rather common so I don't have much to talk about. This thing is usually my lead because of fast U-turn. I love it it cleans up games and revenge kills so many threats. Intimidate is a sweet ability and allows it to do most of its checking. I have it here as a fast offensive scarfer and a utility momentum grabber.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpD
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split

Rotom is a pokemon who is the glue of the team. I could sit here all day listing things that rotom checks but I won't. I switch rotom in on pretty much everything. Then I burn it and volt switch to a frailer pokemon. Pain Split punishes teams that weaken rotom too early as I can turn their full health mons into Rotom being back at around 70% health. The special defense ev's are so I'm not murdered by all special attackers.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Thunder Wave

Ferrothorn makes life so hard for everyone. If you set up on it you get a t-wave. If you don't I get up a ton of hazards while being almost impossible to one hit. The spdef ev's allow ferro to eat unexpected focus blasts and even hp fires.

232 SpA Mega Gardevoir Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ferrothorn: 204-240 (57.9 - 68.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
232 SpA Mega Gardevoir Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ferrothorn: 202-238 (57.3 - 67.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

yup. now they have a paralyzed special sweeper and probably rocks and/or spikes.

I don't have anything else to say about this team. It was doing really well but recently has hit something of a loss streak. I'd appreciate any help.

Last edited:

Pent

dumb broad
Hi! This is a pretty nice first ORAS team, but. I have some changes I recommend you should take seriously.

First of all, I would change Greninja's EV Spread to 40 Atk / 216 Sp Atk / 252 Spe with a Naive nature since only 40 are needed to OHKO Azumarill. Higher EV's are usually used when running a double attack set.
Next is Scizor, and instead of Pursuit, I would run Knock Off for better power.
Slowbro should run Psyshock > Flamethrower because of Stab.
Run an EV Spread of 252 HP / 168 Sp Def / 88 Def with a Sassy Nature and 0 Speed IVs on Ferrothorn.

Other than that, the teams looks good!

Hope it helps. ^^

Ty for the rate. Something that got mistyped is that greninja actually has u-turn over hydro pump which is why I have more attack investment. Also if you read the ferrothorn description I specifically explained my set so unless I get a better reason to change it I won't. Fire is a better offensive type than psychic I find which is why I run it. And If pursuit is my favorite move on the set why would I change it? Ty for the ferro thing with gyro tho I completely overlooked that.

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello.
Your descriptions are too short to fit the RMT rules requirements.
I encourage you to PM me an updated version of this team with beefed up descriptions, and if you're new to this, join the Mentor Program. I'll be unlocking this thread after that.

Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)