ORAS OU An attempt at HO

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've been pretty active on smogon lately and have been building a plethora of teams, but I've never really grasped the concept of HO so I want to post this mostly so you great raters can hopefully help me understand the intricacies of HO. Without further ado here it is.

Terrakion:

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

This guy is my stealth rock setter because HO relies on rocks to help widdle down teams over time so it's mons can come in and just decimate things. This thing is perfect for the job because with sash it guarantees that rocks will indeed be set up as well as being able to hit things like a truck. Also if me and my opponent trade rocks this thing gets a free attack on his team which usually ends up benefiting me due to the almost perfect neutral coverage of rock and fighting.

Gengar:

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

This is the first pokemon that I wanted to incorporate into this project. It has great coverage with a decent speed stat at base 110. It also is one of the best taunters in the game that stops many annoying special walls. With predictions this thing will easily go through a whole team by itself. on a side note it also serves as a spin blocker and ground immunity which is good to gain even more momentum in this flurry of offense.

Bisharp:

Bisharp @ Dread Plate
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

Next is SD bisharp because it destoys many of the things that gengar has trouble with, wile just having amazing synergy overall with gengar. It stops defog as well which gives it a free SD. At that point this thing is in position to sweep the game due to the amazing power that sucker punch possesses with priority/STAB.

Starmie:

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

I needed an offensive rapid spinner and starmie was perfect. With access to an amazing move pool and also being in a weird, but great speed tier. STAB Hydro Pump and Psyshock are amazing because it gets rid of annoying fighting types that my team somewhat struggled with before. This thing originally was only here to spin but turned out to be one of the best mons on the team. Analytic boost is also fantastic because this thing forces a ton of switches and the incoming pokemon just gets smacked especially if I predict the switch.

Volcarona:

Volcarona @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 Spe
Bold Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Roost
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz

I had never used this thing before and it seemed to fit perfectly into this team. with the kamikaze-esque style of HO this thing is eventually going to get it's chance to get a free quiver dance off and proceed to sweep. at +1 it outspeeds basically everything unboosted and just continues to get bossts from fiery dance. This thing is amazing and is quickly becoming one of my favorite set up sweepers because of it's nice bulk and relatively good typing (aside from rocks fucking it).

Weavile:

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick
- Ice Shard
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off

This thing was mainly put it to try and stop greninja because I couldn't think of another mon that was faster than it but could also be a huge threat to the rest of opposing teams. because this thing gets access to low kick it can beat greninja before protean, and after it transforms knock off hits it like a truck. It also is my answer to scar chomp that will otherwise go through a hefty chunk of my team. It also has pretty good synergy with starmie covering a lot of things that it can't.

Ever rate is welcome as I'm sure you guys will improve my team, Thank you!

Importable:
Gengar @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Bisharp @ Dread Plate
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Volcarona @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 Spe
Bold Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Roost
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick
- Ice Shard
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off

nice team but to start it off I think you need a solid mega not every team needs one but if you're rocking hyper offense a mega is needed imo. So first looking at your team it has nothing that likes to switch into rotom-wash Latios over starmie is the superior option to provide healing wish and a viable switch-in to keldeo and charizard-y. I'd also suggest terrakion to be scarf and put bulky landorus-t over gengar since gengar hits fairys and ghost i dont see being viable since you do have volcarona,bisharp, and weavile. Your team has no switch in to mamoswine and talonflame reasoning why you should run lando-t over gengar. Theres a few megas that work on offense that provide the team a setup sweeper. Replace Mega scizor with weavile since bisharp already does the job but better and Mega scizor can provide a backup check setting up on bulky lando and mamoswine. Thats all I think you should change for now their still alot you could do to make it better I've only listed popular threats, their are still techniques that break your team volt-turn and stall for example.

Movesets
Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Atk / 88 Def / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Superpower

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 60 HP / 196 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Healing Wish
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock

Bisharp @ Dread Plate
EVs: 252 Atk 252 Spe 4 Def
Adamnant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Pursuit

The set on scizor set lets you have a 20% get 2hkoed by life orb mamo being jolly and getting 3hkoed by scarf lando-t. The attack lets you have a 93.8% chance to OHKO defensive clefable at +2. Spower lets you hit bisharp since scarf terrak isnt gonna be around and you need something that hits spdef heatran reasoning me to use 60 speed to outspeed invested heatran and still killing it with +2 spower. Latias hp is for reasonable bulk since I'm not running roost since healing wish is better on offense. Their isnt anything about the hp investment it just lives greninjas ice beam and always kills with draco also lives modest mega sceptile dpulse. Pursuit over SD on bisharp since you already have 2 set up sweepers. Pursuit lets you trap lati twins and trap weakened mons on the switch if you play it correctly it gives Volcarona and Scizor have an easier time.

Conclusion- The idea of Volc+Scizor core is really nice volcarona setting up on Scizors checks and Scizor setting up on volcaronas checks. The one thing that would be annoying to the team would be heatran but I dont see as a huge issue its just a little annoyance to the team. 1 question what are the EVs on Volc for?

Team-

Last edited:
Hi there! I liked reading about this team, but the point of me being here is to rate the team. Lets get rating.

The first thing I noticed is that your team has a very high weakness to Choice Scarf Landorus-T. Earthquake, Rock Slide/Stone Edge, and Knock Off, completely wall your entire team. If Lando ends up being Defensive, then Weavile and its Ice Shard, will not be able to kill it. Like pi3rate said, a mega will be needed for a hyper offensive team. But I think that Mega-Sableye would be helpfull on this team. If you replace Gengar with it, it will make your team MUCH better. Sableye helps deal with your Lando weakness and can fill the spot of your spin stopper. And being the most setupiest pokemon of all, it will help you sweep teams, and be bulky at the same time.

Thats all I have! Hope I helped!

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello.
Your descriptions are too short to fit the RMT rules requirements.
I encourage you to PM me an updated version of this team with beefed up descriptions, and if you're new to this, join the Mentor Program. I'll be unlocking this thread after that.

Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)