ORAS OU First Ever Team... Tried to be creative; Inc Mega Beedrill

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize for how crude this will be as my formatting abilities are tragic.. Just would like some advice as I could be heading in completely the wrong direction.. Also a lot of the builds im using came from researching on Smogon and various other sites so im sorry if I use someone's build and don't give credit.. :S

Mega Beedrill --- Magezone --- Gliscor --- Chandelure --- Sylveon --- Skarmory

Mega Beedrill @ Beedrillite
Ability: Adaptability
Nature: Adamant/Jolly (open to suggestions; prefer Adamant)
EV's: 252 Att & Spe
- U-Turn
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run
- Protect

Wanted to make a team around mega beedrill as it seems to be a nightmare to deal with in this VoltSwitch archetype team. Very high attack and speed means it is perfect as either a physical sweeper or "clean up crew". Drill run for coverage, Poison Jab making use of adaptability and huge STAB, U-Turn adaptability and VoltSwitch uses, Protect for obvious reason as beedrill is the dictionary definition of a glass cannon so getting him into mega form unscathed is paramount..

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
Nature: Modest
EV's: 252 Sp.A, 168 Hp, 88 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- HP Fire

Beedrill's switching buddy. Prefer building magnezone with a bit more bulkyness hence the HP EV's.. Choice Spec thunderbolts hit really hard when you need them.. Choice specs and HP Fire to outspeed threats to Beedrill and magnet pull to deal with most of those threats (im looking at you Skarmory; and most steel types)

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Nature: Impish
EV's: 252 HP, 184 Def, 72 Spe
- U-Turn
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Roost

U-Turn is mainly used to build momentum after using Gliscor's toxic stall method.. Earthquake is a no brainer ability that will always be useful.. Toxic and Roost for the stalling potential.. Generally find Gliscor to always surpass my expectations as he is bulky and can build momentum with Beedrill or Magnezone with U-Turn

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flame Body
Nature: Modest
EV's: 252 Hp, 252 Sp.A, 4Sp.D
- Flamethrower
- Energy Ball
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball

Chandelure obviously isn't part of the voltswitch core, but, it works increadibly well as a bulkier special sweeper if the battle is going pear shaped.. Shadow ball and energy ball offer good coverage with calm mind in there for if you're feeling confident in taking a hit or 2.... Probably the slot im open to most suggestion as I generally don't end up using it in battles, but shines when I have to

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Bold
EV's: 252 Hp, 232 Def, 24 Spe
- Spikes
- Stealth rocks
- Roar
- Roost

Skarmory playing a cameo as the most OU physical wall in OU.. Spikes and Stealth rocks for obvious entry hazards.. Roar can be interesting to use if you know the opposing team is particularly weak to entry hazards.. Roost, because Roost.. That is all...

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Cute Charm
Nature: Calm
EV's: 252 Hp, 252 Sp.D, 4 Sp.A
- Moonblast
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Wish

Sylveon posing as my special wall as I find using the screens very useful especially when I slip up or anticipate wrongly; saved my ass a few times living on 1 or 2 hp... Moonblast offers a little coverage and Wish is just really strong especailly if I can get a good switch in off it..

That is my team. I implore you to offer as many improvements/criticisms as you like because, as stated, it is my first team and I may be completely wrong to use certain pokemon how I am using them or as a combo..

Pent

dumb broad
Hi! This team is cool, and welcome to Smogon! I want to help with this team, and it sure could use some change.

First of all, I would change your Sylveon Set all together. Run this one instead.

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Sp Atk / 252 Sp Def
IVs: 0 Atk
Calm Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Next is Chandelure. Run Trick > Calm Mind, and run Choice Specs.
Use Jolly on MBeedrill or he doesn't get the speed he needs.
Run Defog > Spikes on Skarmory.

Hope it helps! ^^

Hey, not a bad team here. I do see a few misfits though namely the fact that you have no Defogger, which means hazards will really wear Beedrill down, no real answer to Landorus who can put in some fine work on your team, and a Skarmory which isn't nearly good enough to keep up the offensive presence you get from this team. I have three recommendations, the first would be to replace Gliscor to lead Landorus T. Lead Landorus gets Rocks up and piles a good deal of pressure on opponents with its great bulk plus Intimidate and the fact that it's not certain whether you're running lead, Scarfed or some other weird set. It acts as a much better U-Turner as well, being able to deal more damage and keeps momentum much more effectively.
Second, speaking of Landorus, a Scarfed variant can run through your team and you have no solid answer to it. Sure, Scarm and Gliscor might be able to wall it, but that's not really an answer for a threat like this, you need it removed. The suggestion I'm proposing next really isn't solid, but Landos are pretty easy to predict, they just U-Turn everywhere until something starts setting up and then they bust out the big attacks. So I'd recommend Scarfed Heatran with HP Ice over Chandeleur. Heatran is the ultimate Lando bait, it can lure them in for you to neuter them on the switch with HP Ice which is an OHKO on Scarfed Lando after Rocks and you can outspeed non-Scarfed Landos and finish them off with two hits. Heatran can also deal with Birdspam too which your team also has no proper answer to besides walling, he can take a +2 Brave Bird from SD Talonflame nicely and hit back with Ancient Power for the kill. Earth Power is there to deal with other Heatran too, or you could keep Flash Cannon for Fairies if you think Magnezone and Beedrill can't handle them well.
Lastly, as a Defogger which you need much more than a hazard stacker if you're running Mega Beedrill, I'd advise Latias. Latias gives your team a bit of bulk while still holding a good offensive prowess too. It can deal with shit like Greninja and if you haven't taken any prior damage, though that is usually at the cost of Latias too, but it's a threat removed. She can also act as a cleric with Healing Wish if you so want or have her stick around and give her Roost for sustainability.
Hope this helped. Good luck, man.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon / Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Ancient Power

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish / Roost

Thanks for the help guys :) Der Twist , The lack of deffoger hurt a few times and I really disliked using landorus, just felt awkward to use... The heatran lando bait is also very nice advice, because lando did rek me a few times :S, that I will likely use.. Thanks for the Sylv set and changes to the team Sparkl3y

Edit; on second thoughts gonna give landorus a try.. Thanks again guys :)
Edit2: Der Twist all 3 of your suggestions work really well.. thank you :D

Last edited:
...I have no clue how, but for some reason I overlooked your Sylveon as a Specs user. XD Alright, in which case nevermind my suggestion for Latias, if you have a special wall already then run Latios and an offensive Defogger and definitely by all accounts take Sparkl3y's set for Sylveon, a cleric is much more helpful that a dual Screener for this team, Screens are mainly to support hyper offensive teams which this team isn't, Wish Passing and status support is much more important, and Pixilate Hyper Voices hurt like a bitch. I really would advise giving Lando a go, but if you can't use him effectively then I won't force it. Defensive lead Garchomp could be a good answer too, it messes up the opponent's perception of your team initially, seeing a Heatran and a Lando or Chomp it's easy to assume Lando or Chomp is offensive and Heatran is the lead, all the while still running viable sets that work. You're welcome. :]

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Garchomp @ Leftovers
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello.
Your descriptions are too short to fit the RMT rules requirements.
I encourage you to PM me an updated version of this team with beefed up descriptions, and if you're new to this, join the Mentor Program. I'll be unlocking this thread after that.

Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)