Other Unconventional Fear: A Balanced Hackmons RMT

Hey guys, I have got a nice BH team for you guys to rate! But before I show you guys the team, how about I tell you the back story of this team. I built it when my teams were deleted due to a stupid autoclicker. Because of this, and the fact that BH is my favorite Metagame, I built a BH team first, and this BH team managed to obtain a win ratio of 18/21, of which one of the lost battles was because I disconnected at the very beginning. I think this team is better than my main team to be honest.

So then, here is the team:

Groudon-Primal @ Leftovers
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thousand Arrows
- King's Shield
- U-turn

Primal Groudon is very terrifying in BH in general. After all, we've all seen Flint's infamous 5 Primal Groudons+1 Imposter Chansey repeated by many people over and over again, and lost countless times to it. It makes sense that one needs to display caution against Primal Groudon, with or without 5 of them on the same team. However, while most people go with an offensive route with Primal Groudon, I decided to go through a more defensive route with Primal Groudon; Fur Coat Primal Groudon is good at walling most pure physical -ate abusers, Stealth Rock is there because 1) it can take out Shedinja later on 2) It is nice to get rid of Mega Rayquaza any time of the battle. Thousand Arrows is another beautiful move, a Ground type move that can hit flying types is clearly very nice. King's Shield can weaken -ate abusers, while U-turn provides nice momentum, and can help wear out the opponent's switch-in, which makes for a very frustrating situation.
While all this is nice, Primal Groudon hates mixed -ate abusers, as it can't really take a hit from most special attacks. It also hate the uncommon yet dangerous Normalize Mega Gengar, as it can easily take out Primal Groudon. Mega Gengar, however, can't easily switch in on Thousand Arrows, which means that it has to be Switched in after Primal Groudon KOes something. Nonetheless, it is not to be trifled with.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Parting Shot
- Recover
- Metal Burst

An Imposter is needed on practically every BH team. They stop Contrary users (which low ladder BH really hates for some reason), they stop most setup sweepers in their tracks, and even make certain people forfeit after seeing it. Yeah, some people really hate Imposters. However, in terms of viable Imposters, you are effectively limited to 3: Chansey (the best Imposter), Blissey (decent, but not nearly as good as Chansey) and Pikachu (the worst of the viable Imposters, depends on Light Ball). Chansey was chosen because of Eviolite, as it takes your opponent's bulk, 250 base HP, AND Eviolite into consideration when you are attacked. This means that you are easily bulkier than your opponent. While most Imposters run Skill Swap, I chose to run Recover over it so I had recovery in case I didn't Transform. You'll see why that is so helpful later on.
Despite how good Imposter Chansey is, it will always have flaws. The main flaw is Judgment; Since it requires an item to change type, it is normal whenever Chansey uses it. This makes Mega Gengar extremely dangerous to Chansey; It can use STAB Judgment to easily stop Chansey. Also, PH setup sweepers are not nearly as easy for Imposters to deal with as I would like. In particular, PH Primal Kyogre has special notice; it is all over the BH ladder.

Slowbro-Mega @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Parting Shot
- Topsy-Turvy
- Entrainment
- Recover

Mega Slowbro is an outstanding Prankster in my experience; It has enough bulk that a lot of setup sweepers hate him, with Topsy-Turvy ridding them of their stat boosts, and Parting Shot Dropping their stats even further! Recover is for obvious reasons, while Entrainment takes out PH Primal Kyogre easily.
While he is very solid, he hates certain variants of his main victim: PH Primal Kyogre. If PH Primal Kyogre is Adrian Marin's variant, Mega Slowbro is pretty much screwed. He hates being put to sleep, he hates Leech Seed, he hates being setup on while he is sleeping, he just hates all that. Also, he strongly dislikes Magic Bounce Setup sweepers quite a bit; They setup on him while he can't use Topsy-Turvy on them. However, Mega Slowbro generally does his job effectively.

Giratina @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spiky Shield
- Curse
- Substitute
- Recover

If you think I don't have a very good team so far, just wait until you how frustrating PH Giratina is to defeat; Not much really breaks his defenses, while Curse is very good at breaking down the opponent's entire team! Yeah, who'd have thought that a massive stallwart could be a late game cleaner. I used him before, and I honestly prefer PH Giratina over all over Giratina variants because it is so good at terrorizing a lot of teams. Not mention how PH recovers even more than Leftovers...yeah.
While it can do so much, it also hates quite a bit. It actually dislikes Imposters a bit. Yeah, an Imposter threatens a PH user. That's rare. But, honestly, it isn't that Imposters can stop Giratina so well, it is mainly how Curse is a pain in the ass for Giratina to feel. Other than that, -ate boosted Boomburst is a pain in the butt to Giratina, despite the special defense investment. Nonetheless, Giratina is a major threat, and not to be trifled with!

Kyogre-Primal @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 124 SpA / 136 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Recover

I almost always use Primal Kyogre, but I usually use PH Primal Kyogre. This time I decided on Magic Bounce. It can be a big pain in the neck, as anyone who hates there own moves coming back them can say. However, it can also provide more utility than PH Primal Kyogre, mostly momentum: PH Primal Kyogre can't switch out or it will lose its stat boosts. This, in a way, makes Magic Bounce Primal Kyogre more dangerous: it can abuse Volt Switch without stat boosting, meaning it can provide a barrier between stall and one of the most irritating stallbreakers in BH: Choice Specs Kyurem-W. In fact, the EV spread is designed around tanking a blow from Kyurem-W's Refrigerate Boomburst, which is extremely dangerous to any stall team.
However, while it doesn't really have checks/counters because it doesn't have to stay in play, if Chansey Transforms into Primal Kyogre, I am in for a rough game, as I don't really have counters to it. I have to literally Burn it with Scald and keep using Volt Switch to get to Chansey, who can eventually wear out Primal Kyogre enough to KO it. And even then, I am not guaranteed to beat it. So, I sacrifice my ability to stop Chansey to stop Kyurem-W easily. Sounds like a decent exchange.

Registeel @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Impish Nature
- Recover
- U-turn
- Aromatherapy
- Defog

Registeel has always been on my better teams, and in particular, this very set. While I already have a Magic Bouncer, it isn't a bad idea to have 2, especially since I can use those 2 to create a VoltTurn core and get even more dangerous even quicker. Not to mention, it provides a MUCH better stop to -ate spam. The rest of the set is sort of obvious: Recover recovers, Aromatherapy eliminates status (although I won't really be using it), and Defog eliminates hazards, and I almost always need it. The EVs seem peculiar at first sight, but when you perform damage calculations for common -ate abusers vs. Registeel, you'll notice that the spread allows you to tank every hit from the common -ate abuser.
However, if that -ate spammer deviates from the standard set and uses Magma Storm or Precipice Blades, it will not be an easy battle. Also, Primal Groudon really is a menace to Registeel, as both of its STABs should do Registeel in. Also, most special attackers in general can take Registeel out, as I'm not THAT invested in special defense to tank a blow from most special attackers.

That is the entire team! So, please tell me what you guys think about this team, and please say what changes it needs to become even better!

Major Threats
Mega Gengar (Huge Threat. Normalize takes out my limited offense, while standard takes out Chansey. This means that I have to gamble which set it is, and if I make one false calculation, the game is lost.)
Mega Diancie (Not as big as Mega Gengar, but it is still a big threat. It can shut down a great majority of my team if given the chance.)
Gale Wings Mega Rayquaza (After it gets a sub, it rips my team to shreds. If it has Chatter, at least.)
Minor Threats
Contrary Mega Latios/Latias (If I am in the wrong Pokemon when it comes in I am forced to sacrifice multiple pokemon to stop it....and rely on hax.)
Spore (Not a threat as long as I have either of my bouncers, but once they are gone, I am in for a rough game.)
The Great Primal Groudon Team (The team that teams lacking multiple Fur Coat mons or 2 Sturdinja's all hate. Thank god it isn't that common.)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)