ORAS UU My first UU team

I'm new to the competitive part of pokemon and I like some help on my team. I tend to lose a lot of battles and I may need a lot of changes for my team to be useful. But at the same time I like a team that is unique and isn't like other UU teams, so if I need to change one pokemon, I would prefer something not normally used, but it doesn't really matter all that much. Now let's begin with my team:

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire] Substitute

This guy is the star pokemon of my team. He is specifically my special sweeper. Due to his unique typing, I take advantage of his Grass and Dragon moves. I don't exactly use leaf storm so I can avoid switching out by force. Focus blast is used to take out any petty steel types and same for hidden power. Due to his SpA and Speed, he is pretty deadly.

Steelix @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD

Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Roar
- Heavy Slam
- Stealth Rock

This guy is my tank. Due to his monstrous Physical defense and pretty good atk I like to use him. This guy is mostly used to take some annoyers out of the way with stealth rock+ roar, so when he is used right, he can be just as annoying. Earthquake is used as a powerful STAB move that can smash any pokemon trying to check out steelix. Heavy slam is used due to it's very high base power and having more pp than gyro ball. I like to use sturdy to avoid any OHKO's and at least try to use stealth rock to gain an advantage in battle.

Arcanine @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Morning Sun
- Toxic
- Flare Blitz Protect
- Extreme Speed

Rampardos @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Fire Punch

This guy is my big attacker. His attack power is really deadly. The only down side may be his speed. But, he isn't that slow, but he just isn't fast enough. I tend to use a choice scarf from time to time but I generally use a life orb sincehe reall packs that punch. Stone edge is a normal stab move which can really be deadly when added with his high attack. Also with earth quake when any steel types get in they way. Fire punch is used for coverage due to his somewhat meh defense.

Rhyperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Ice Punch
- Protect

Mantine @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- Air Slash
- Toxic

He is my special defender of my team. His defog move is used to clear out stealth rock, e.t.c. He also uses toxic to slowly take out annoyers on the other team. Since he has some decent SpA, he uses Scals and airslash for STAB.

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Aromatherapy

The one all my opponents hate for some reason XD. It uses flower veil to prevent sceptile from any stat lowers. Since she's the only fairy type, she takes care of the other weaknesses on my team like dragon and fighting. Wish is used to quickly switch back to my other pokemon to get a quick heal. Aromatherapy is used to heal all status effects on my team.

Noivern @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Air Slash
- Switcheroo
- Flamethrower

My other anti annoyer. His infiltrator ability is super useful against the substitutes, reflects,e.t.c. His switcheroo ability can annoy the enemy by giving them the choice specs and making them mad >:) . He has some nice SpA also so I use flamethrower, Air Slash, an Draco meteor to take advantage of this.

Last edited:
So I've changed HP fire for substitute and took out stone edge for rock slide. Any suggestions? I really want to make this team better.

http://sweepercalc.com/swc/
I found a Laparas Weakness!
Change Rampardos To Ryperior.
RIP Steelix->Arcanine

Update: As a wall Flare Blitz/Wild Charge is kind of Anti-material.
Arcanine@Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Careful Nature
- Morning Sun
- Will-o-Wisp
- (Filler) possibly Protect/Sunny Day/Roar
- Extreme Speed

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)