ORAS Doubles OU Noble Carnage (Peaked #8)

DaAwesomeDude1

waiting for a moment
is a Top Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
DPL Champion

Credit to Mysteria for the format and Serebii.net and pkparaiso.com for the sprites
Introduction

Yo, what's up? My name is DaAwesomeDude1. I'm an avid VGC player but recently I've been getting bored of it so I decided to get into Doubles. Since both of them plays in a doubles format, the transition wasn't really hard. Needless to say, I've been loving it and I'm glad I got into Doubles. For the first few months, I pretty much messed around on the ladder with some gimmicky teams that I built. After realizing how much I loved Doubles, I decided to build a "serious" team for laddering (although the ladder sucks from time to time....). I've been having a lot of success with this team so I thought I'd share it with everyone.

The team is based around one of my favorite megas of all time: Gardevoir. It's called Noble Carnage because Gardevoir looks Noble lol and Carnage cause Pixilate Hyper Voice wrecks souls. Now then, let's get to the team.​

Look at the Team

Teambuilding Process

My first choice for my team members is obviously Mega Gardevoir. Fairy + Psychic STAB is REALLY nice and her high Special Attack stat allows her to hit really hard. Pixilate Hyper Voice hits like a truck and the fact that it goes through Sub (screw Sub DD Mega Mence) makes it even better.

I needed something for Aegislash and bulky Psychics, since those things wall Mega Garde, so I decided to go with Gengar. This thing can take out Ghost types that threaten Garde whereas Garde can take out Dark types that threaten Gengar so they synergize pretty nicely together. Plus Gengar is nice against Trick Room which wrecks this team.

I then realized that Bisharp and Jirachi could a big problem so I added in Rotom-Heat. This thing also checks Scizor and Ferrothorn who can both threaten Gengar and Gardevoir. Plus more Aegi hate is nice too.

I've always been a fan of Tailwind offense and Togekiss was one of my favorite Pokemon to use back in VGC 13 so I decided to add her. Redirection support with Follow Me is amazing and flinch hax with Air Slash is great too

For some reason, Heatran completely slipped my mind. To check it, I added in Mamoswine. Ice Shard is really nice to pick off weakened Dragons/Flyings like Salamence, Garchomp, and Landorus. Also even more Aegi hate.

Honestly there wasn't a reason to add in Genesect other than the fact that I love this thing. Flamethrower lets me hit Scizor/Ferro and Ice Beam lets me hit common Pokemon like Salamence and Landorus.

Set Analysis

Arturia (Gardevoir) (F) @

Ability: Trace -> Pixilate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature

-Psychic
-Hyper Voice
-Focus Blast
-Protect

In Depth:
This is pretty standard Gardevoir. An amazing special attacker, Gardevoir has two really powerful STAB moves in the form of Psychic and Hyper Voice which gives her really nice coverage. Psychic lets me hit Poison types that resist Fairy while Hyper Voice lets me hit Dark/Dragon/Fighting types super effectively. Opted for Focus Blast over Shadow Ball cause I already have enough Aegi hate. EVs are pretty standard although I have thought about switching from Timid to Modest for more power. Also thinking about switching Psychic to Psyshock to hit Sylveon harder. I prefer using Trace over Telepathy/Synchronize because there are times when you can trace an Intimidate or other useful abilities. I nicknamed Gardevoir after the best character from the Fate series: Arturia Pendragon AKA Saber.

Alternate Options:
Psychic, Hyper Voice, and Protect are mandatory on Mega Gardevoir. Shadow Ball can be used over Focus Blast if you want to hit Aegislash but tbh Focus Blast is superior. HP Ground/Fire should NOT be used due to the fact that Focus Blast hits harder to Heatran/Ferrothorn than those two moves respectively and the only thing HP Fire hits harder is Scizor (but Scizor can OHKO with Bullet Punch anyways so there really isn't a point).

00oo00ooo (Gengar) (M) @

Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature

-Shadow Ball
-Taunt
-Will-O-Wisp
-Sludge Bomb

In Depth:

This is essentially my answer to Aegislash, Trick Room, and Mega Kangaskhan to an extent. Shadow Ball and Sludge Bomb are STAB moves. Shadow Ball lets me hit Aegislash and other Ghost/Psychic types whereas Sludge Bomb lets me hit Fairy/Grass types. Taunt is used to stop Trick Room and to shut down support mons like Jirachi and Togekiss. Another advantage to using Taunt is that Gengar is really fast, so it'll be able to outspeed most of the Tailwind mons (except for like Aerodactyl lol) and shut their Tailwind off. Will-o-Wisp lets me burn standard Mega Kanga since it can't touch Gengar other than Sucker Punch which will fail if I used WoW. The EV spread is standard. There really isn't a need to invest in bulk since this thing is frail AF. The nickname was very random. I was trying to imitate "ooo" (the sound that ghosts makes?) and ooo looked bad so I decided to mix it up and add in some zeroes.

Alternate Options:
Gengars can run quite a few sets. Disable could be used over Will-o-Wisp to completely shut down Mega Kanga. Focus Blast could be used over Taunt/WoW for a more offensive set although that kind of defeats the purpose of why I added in Gengar in the first place. Protect could also be used over WoW for, well, protection.

DAT HIIT (Rotom-Heat) @

EVs: 244 HP / 4 Def / 140 SpA / 36 SpD / 84 Spe
Modest Nature

-Will-O-Wisp
-Overheat
-Thunderbolt
-Protect

In Depth:
Part Two of Aegi hate. Rotom Heat is absolutely amazing since it checks/resists so many Pokemon (Mawile, Charizard Y, Ferrothorn, Scizor, Talonflame, etc.) The moveset is standard for support Rotom Heat. WoW to cripple physical attackers, Thunderbolt for STAB to hit Flying and slower Water types like Politoed. The EV spread was taken from one of my VGC teams and I didn't really bother changing it to fit with the Smogdubs meta. 140 SpA lets me OHKO Specially Defensive Mawile (Ray Rizzo's variant), 84 speed to speed creep hard and the rest was just put into bulk. Safety Goggles over Sitrus Berry because screw Spore and Rage Powder. Immunity to sleep from Spore/Sleep Powder is really nice with Goggles and I've found that many people try to put this thing to sleep. Bypassing Rage Powder is also really nice cause it allows me to burn/KO the partner. The nickname was just a different way of spelling That Heat.

Alternate Options:
Sadly, there aren't many other options you can run on support Rotom-Heat. Electroweb/Volt Switch could be used over Thunderbolt but I have found that the lack in power really cripples my team. Thunder Wave can be an option over WoW if you want more forms of speed control.

Pls Come Back ;~; (Togekiss) (F) @

Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 68 SpD
Calm Nature

-Follow Me
-Tailwind
-Air Slash
-Protect

In Depth:
Easily the MVP and one of my favorite Pokemon on the team. Support Togekiss is amazing. Follow Me and Air Slash are mandatory on the set. Follow Me lets you redirect moves to Togekiss which comes in handy a LOT. Air Slash for based flinches and so Togekiss isn't a sitting duck if it gets taunted. Opted for Tailwind to outspeed things like Landorus since Thunder Wave doesn't affect it and I love the blanket boost for all of my teammates. Surprisingly I find myself not using Protect that often but it's come in handy before so I'll probably keep it. The EV spread was taken from the analysis. The nickname was me wanting Togekiss back in VGC (this team was made before the new rules were announced but Toge is legal again :D).

Alternate Options:
Thunder Wave could be used over Togekiss due to based haxes and is arguably a better form of speed control. It's all based on preference though. The last slot can either be Roost or Helping Hand. TBH I might switch from Protect to Helping Hand but I'm still not too sure about it. Roost is for longevity. Safety Goggles could be used for the item if you're running Thunder Wave to bypass Rage Powder and to redirect Spore/Sleep Powder to you.

Because Wynaut (Mamoswine) (M) @

Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature

-Ice Shard
-Earthquake
-Protect
-Icicle Crash

In Depth:

The moveset is pretty standard. Ice Shard for priority and Icicle Crash is just a stronger Ice STAB. Earthquake is here to hit mainly Heatran and Aegislash and Protect is Protect. I chose Life Orb for the item to give a blanket boost to all of Mamo's attacks (still doesn't OHKO Mega Salamence at full health with Ice Shard tho rip). EV spread probably isn't the most optimal but I thought it was useless to invest in bulk since I'll be taking LO damage every time I attack and I'd much rather outspeed and kill than take a hit and kill. I nicknamed it "Because Wynaut" because why not?

Alternate Options:
Again, there aren't many options that you can use on Mamoswine. Icicle Spear could be used over Crash to break through Focus Sashes but I've always had bad luck with multi-hit moves so I didn't add that. Focus Sash/Lum Berry could be used over Life Orb too but the drop in power really shows up and usually Mamo doesn't get OHKOed very often so Sash is pretty useless.

OP Scizor (Genesect) @

Ability: Download
EVs: 64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Rash Nature

-Ice Beam
-Flamethrower
-U-turn
-Thunderbolt

In Depth:
Finally we have Genesect. This thing will probably be the MVP if Togekiss wasn't a thing. U-Turn over Bug Buzz because I wanted a mixed set and it allows me to switch to a more favorable matchup. Ice Beam lets me hit Flying/Dragon types which is really nice and Flamethrower lets me hit mainly Scizor, Ferrothorn, and opposing Genesects. For the last slot, I was debating whether to go for Iron Head or Thunderbolt but opted for Thunderbolt because boltbeam coverage and it's nice against rain. I chose Choice Scarf for the Item because it allows me to outspeed a lot of Pokemon (such as Mega Mence and Landorus). The EV spread was just taken from the analysis. I nicknamed it OP Scizor because they have the same typing (yeah that's legitimately why I nicknamed it that....) even though Scizor is kinda better.

Alternate Options:
A full on special set can be used with Bug Buzz over U-Turn or a full on physical set with Blaze Kick over Flamethrower and Iron Head over Thunderbolt (Ice Beam is mandatory tho). For this set, Iron Head can be used over Thunderbolt if you want to hit Fairies and Terrakion harder.

Conclusion
Yeah, that's pretty much my team. Not much else to say about it tbh. If you have any suggestions to make it better please let me know :) Now time for the shoutouts :P

Royalty: Thanks for everything dude. You were the best RO period and good luck with your endeavors. Thanks, once again, for everything.
AM: AM is the best! (he told me to say that rip) But seriously thanks for being cool and answering all my dumb questions about posting threads lol. You've helped me so much with my teams and whatnot and we all know that without your haxes, I wouldn't have gotten to #8. Thanks a bunch dude.
Trinitrotoluene: Thanks for being a chill guy. We don't really talk much but you're still pretty great. Thanks a bunch dude.
Tyler0: Sorry about all those messages lol. Thanks for that horrible book you made me listen to and that horrible movie you recommended me. You're a pretty cool guy. (I'm still better than you at Randbats tho). Thanks a bunch dude.
Exeggutor: Thanks for making the chat and convo entertaining. Some of the random crap you say cracks me up a lot. Thanks a bunch dude.
Eyan: Thanks for being cool. The calls we've had were very fun and entertaining. You still need to rap for us. Thanks a bunch dude.
Kreme: You're very funny and you crack me up a lot. Thanks for joining the calls and making it not awkward. Thanks a bunch dude
Bottt: I like you better when you were a Driver and can't mute/warn me
The Bravest Bird: Not gonna lie, you make me mad a lot. But you're pretty skilled at this game and I still respect you. Also I enjoy our convos about academics (rip faults of an Asian ;~;). You're pretty cool when you're not rude too :P. Thanks a bunch dude.
brokenwings: Thanks for being cool too. You make the chat and convo more fun and some of the stuff you say is hilarious (I hope Diancie is treating you nicely). Thanks a bunch dude.
Hairy Toenail: Thanks for changing your name cause Ambipom is trash. But seriously, you're really funny too and you make the chat and convo more interesting. Thanks a bunch dude.
MrAldo: Thanks (again...) for being cool. You make the chat and convo more fun to be around and it's fun talking to you. Thanks a bunch dude.
Rob.: We don't really talk much but from what I've seen, you're a really cool guy. Thanks a bunch dude.
Incognitus: Thanks (once again; I'm running out of ways to say things...) for being cool.... You're a really cool guy to be around and wishmence>support Dragonite. Thanks a bunch dude.
StarmeiTheGod: We haven't really talked much either but from what I've seen you're really great. Welcome to the crew :) and thanks a bunch dude.
Everyone from the Competitive Tutoring chat: You guys are what defines the chat. Thanks for coming to the chat and asking for help. You guys rock :)
You: Thanks for reading this :)
I'm rarely sentimental so enjoy this. If I missed out on anyone just hit me up with a PM and I'll get it fixed.

Trick Room: Since this team is a fast Tailwind Offense team, Trick Room completely demolishes me.
Heatran: Mainly the Sub set. Once Mamoswine is gone, I'll have to rely on Focus Blast/Thunderbolt spam to hit Heatran
Bisharp: I have 3 Pokemon weak to Steel and one weak to Dark...I think this is self explanatory.
Mega Aerodactyl and Scarf Landorus: Rock Slide flinches demolishes me since pretty much everything is 2HKOed by it except for Mamo and Genesect.
Mega Salamence: I can't wait for this thing to leave. Usually I would have to sack something as a death fodder so that Gardevoir/Genesect can come in safely.

00oo00ooo (Gengar) (M) @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb

DAT HIIT (Rotom-Heat) @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 244 HP / 4 Def / 140 SpA / 36 SpD / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Protect

Pls Come Back ;~; (Togekiss) (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 68 SpD
Calm Nature
- Follow Me
- Tailwind
- Air Slash
- Protect

Because Wynaut (Mamoswine) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Protect
- Icicle Crash

OP Scizor (Genesect) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Rash Nature
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
- U-turn
- Thunderbolt

Arturia (Gardevoir) (F) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Hyper Voice
- Focus Blast
- Protect

Last edited:

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
For further help with Trick Room, consider making Genesect Choice Banded. Typically the benefit to Genesect is that it outruns scarf landoge, but seeing as you have tailwind, mamoswine, and 3 ground-immunes, you're probably fine in that regard (rock slide can't flinch forever lol). I'd recommend:

Genesect @ Choice Band
Naughty Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
- Explosion

Which can do stuff like:
+1 252+ Atk Choice Band Genesect U-turn vs. 252 HP / 80 Def Cresselia: 426-504 (95.9 - 113.5%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Genesect Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 200+ Def Aromatisse: 380-450 (93.5 - 110.8%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

If you don't like Explosion, you can run Blaze Kick to still have Fire coverage or Extreme Speed for that nice priority, which your team kinda lacks. This change will make you ride on Tailwind a little harder against fast teams, but it should help a lot with Trick Room. Ice Beam is still there for Lando and Mence etc and still hits like a truck, with or without a download boost (OHKOs lando and non-bulky mence).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)