XY OU Balanced Mega-Altaria Team (peaked 1642)

He guys after playing many games in Ou Oras and seeing all these Grejninjas and Life Orb Gegnar, i thougt maybe it is time to bring the old good Bulky Roost Dragonite back. So i builded a team around him and Banded Tyranitar, because he is able to trab so many pokes, that are strong in the Meta right now (lati@s) and he is able to 2Ohko many Deffensiv pokes thanks to his base 134 Attack.
Unbenannt.PNG
Unbenannt.PNG

Teambuilding progress

As i already mention, i wanted to build a team behind a Bulky Dragonite and a Choicebanded Tytar

Next i wanted a defoger , because Dragonite is really weak to hazzard. So i choose Scizor because he also covers most of there weaknesses.

Next i went for Altaria because i like her and i need a special attacker+ her Synergie with the rest of the team is nice.

After this i took Magnezone, because he is perfect to trap Steel types like Scarmory and etc. , so i can get them away and let the rest of my team sweep.

My team was really weak to Keldeo evrything got 2 Ohko, so i decide to pick a special deffensiv mew as next mon.

Now to the movesets,

So this is a Bulky Roost Dragonite set. The pourpose of it in my team is to take hits, while still dealing alot of dmg to common mons in this Meta right now. It is great againts Scizor gengar and etc. I choose 216 hp to get a odd number 64 + Addament Nature let me Ohko many Variants of scizor and hit hard on Gengar and etc. and i am still very bulky.

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 216 HP / 64 Atk / 228 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- ExtremeSpeed
- Roost

So this is one of my favorite mons with my favorite set in this meta. Even with such a offensiv set it is still bulky and it can Trap many mons like Lati@s and Brozong and ..., while still getting easily trough deffensiv mons. I wnet for Adamant 252 attack for most Damage output possible to hit hard and the rest into Hp for bulk, expect 76 speed that allow me to outspeed skarmory and 2 Ohko it with stonedge or on somevariants with crunch.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge

Next to my Scizor. I want again for Adamant and 252 atk to have Maximum damage output and the rest into Hp for bulk. It is really important to have roost on it over Knock off, because i use it often to bait Grejninja. I go With dragonite in to take a Dark pulse, Hydro pump or something like and then switch out into Scizor to let it tank the Ice beam and bullet punch him to ohko him. So i need to roost to be able to get some Hp back if he switch out. The rest of the build is the Standart defog scizor set.

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 224 HP / 252 Atk / 32 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch

So this is my next mon. Altaria is Great right now in the Meta and thats why i choose it. I went for a special attacker set, because i had no other special attack until now and i think a pixilatet Hypervoice hurts alot. My evs allow me to Outrun a jolly Heracross and the rest to Damage output and bulk. Anyway i am still not sure if i should run Modest over Timit even when the rest of my team is weak to it, because i never Faced a mega Heracross until now. To the moves, Hypervoice strong stap, Fireblast hits steel types, and Hidden Power [Rock] because i want to hit Stall breaker Talonflame, that i was able to defeat while carring eq and not hidden power rock, but i wastet alot of time and effort on it.
So i am still not sure if i should maybe take Earthquake to kill Heatran on switch in.

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 36 HP / 252 SpA / 220 Spe
Timid Nature(not sure if Modest would be better)
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Rock](also not sure if Earthquake is better.)
- Roost

Now i really needet something to Trap Skarmory and Ferrothorn, because the rest of my team have a rough time againts them. So i decided on a Choice specs Magnezone. It also have the pourpose to kill the annoying bulky fairy types and stall breaker Talonflame. And last but not least it has a great synergy with my team.

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

So after realising that i got a big Keldeo weakness i decided to run a Special deffensiv mew Variant, because it is able to 1 vs 1 Keldeo and it also destroy the common stall teams right now. I went the tipical set with 120 movespeed because i need no more.
Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 136 SpD / 120 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Soft-Boiled
- Taunt

Well this is my team, please rate it and help me to decide if i use Modest over Timid on Altaria and if i go for Earthquake over Hidden power [Rock]

Last edited:
aight i see you have a problem with bisharp, venusaur,conk and landorus-t. You have priority, you have a switch in and you have a trapper all lacking priority and a setup sweeper. Idk why youre are using special altaria although it might be good in some areas having it as a setup sweepers is the best way to run it. Alt sets up on rotom which widdles your team. Lando-t over Scizor to provide you a volturn core with mag and something that beats kills greninja since looking at your team it has nothing to deal with it besides mag and dnite. Defog>Taunt since sciz is gone taunt is viable since its a way to beat ferro but imo defog is the best option atm. Unaware clefable over dnite and Guts machamp since its something that beats bisharp and also can switch into rotom wash. CLef+Conk core is amazing both reliably bulky and wishpass clef can help conk stall break.

Changes-
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Superpower/Knock Off
Knock off is a option since lando lures in skarm but having knock off on conkeldur already lures in skarm so i dont see a problem with that. Spower is for hitting lead drill with rocks and beat greninja 1v1 being max hp.

Mew @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 148 SpD / 108 Spe
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Roost/Stealth Rocks
- Psychic
Defog gets rid of rocks since sciz is gone I chose psychic over knock off since you already have conk and psychic helps you beat venusaur and amoongus. I took off some speed since 266 didnt out speed any threats i could think of mainly you want to outspeed jolly hera before evo and go for the wisp but it isnt a problem for your team. The speed lets you outspeed jolly bisharp and nail with a wisp incase you are at 50% and didnt want to risk sucker/pursuit mindgames. I threw the rest in spdef to give you the best way to switch into specs keld. I left rocks their to beat sashed mons but its honestly up to you imo go with rocks you already have a form of recovery being clefs wish.

Baby 5 (Altaria) @ Altarianite
Happiness: 0
EVs: 196 HP / 92 Atk / 68 SpD / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Frustration
- Dragon Dance
now altaria is known to be the mini mence and is one of the best megas imo. Sets up on rotom,mew and is a fairy so you get a free dd on outrage. The evs let you have a 12% chance to get ohkoed by greninjas ice beam after mega evo giving you a dd. The speed also lets you outspeed greninja at +1. I threw the rest into attack to give it max power.

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch/
I went with its main set with viable coverage. Conk is way that lets you beat heatran,chansey,rotom,bish,tar, and can beat excadrill and mamoswine if it was to be a 1v1 matchup between both. This with clef is amazing to counterpart stall conk taking status while clef supports conk and pressures steels to wanna come out and play.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect

I mainly wanted this as a support mon but after looking at your team it had fire coverage so i decided to put cm over flamethrower to set up on dragonite and azu. I went with max hp to to take a zard x flareblitz and to take on azu. Wish+Tect is nasty to beat stall getting a cm and recorvery at the same time sets up on threats much more easily giving you guaranteed health back and backing up your team mates as well.

Conclusion-
Scarf on mag is an option incase you miss edge on zard and need backup also gaining momentum being faster than some leads and gaining access to switch into conk or clef being your two bulky offensive cores. Clef beats ghost conk beats steels mag traps bulky steels, altaria sets up on stall, lando checks talonflame and revenge kills, mew wallbreaks, gets up rocks and widdles fat mons.

Team-

Last edited:
aight i see you have a problem with bisharp, venusaur,conk and landorus-t. You have priority, you have a switch in and you have a trapper all lacking priority and a setup sweeper. Idk why youre are using special altaria although it might be good in some areas having it as a setup sweepers is the best way to run it. Alt sets up on rotom which widdles your team. Lando-t over Scizor to provide you a volturn core with mag and something that beats kills greninja since looking at your team it has nothing to deal with it besides mag and dnite. Defog>Taunt since sciz is gone taunt is viable since its a way to beat ferro but imo defog is the best option atm. Unaware clefable over dnite and Guts machamp since its something that beats bisharp and also can switch into rotom wash. CLef+Conk core is amazing both reliably bulky and wishpass clef can help conk stall break.

Changes-
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Superpower/Knock Off
Knock off is a option since lando lures in skarm but having knock off on conkeldur already lures in skarm so i dont see a problem with that. Spower is for hitting lead drill with rocks and beat greninja 1v1 being max hp.

Mew @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 148 SpD / 108 Spe
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Roost/Stealth Rocks
- Psychic
Defog gets rid of rocks since sciz is gone I chose psychic over knock off since you already have conk and psychic helps you beat venusaur and amoongus. I took off some speed since 266 didnt out speed any threats i could think of mainly you want to outspeed jolly hera before evo and go for the wisp but it isnt a problem for your team. The speed lets you outspeed jolly bisharp and nail with a wisp incase you are at 50% and didnt want to risk sucker/pursuit mindgames. I threw the rest in spdef to give you the best way to switch into specs keld. I left rocks their to beat sashed mons but its honestly up to you imo go with rocks you already have a form of recovery being clefs wish.

Baby 5 (Altaria) @ Altarianite
Happiness: 0
EVs: 196 HP / 92 Atk / 68 SpD / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Frustration
- Dragon Dance
now altaria is known to be the mini mence and is one of the best megas imo. Sets up on rotom,mew and is a fairy so you get a free dd on outrage. The evs let you have a 12% chance to get ohkoed by greninjas ice beam after mega evo giving you a dd. The speed also lets you outspeed greninja at +1. I threw the rest into attack to give it max power.

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch/
I went with its main set with viable coverage. Conk is way that lets you beat heatran,chansey,rotom,bish,tar, and can beat excadrill and mamoswine if it was to be a 1v1 matchup between both. This with clef is amazing to counterpart stall conk taking status while clef supports conk and pressures steels to wanna come out and play.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect

I mainly wanted this as a support mon but after looking at your team it had fire coverage so i decided to put cm over flamethrower to set up on dragonite and azu. I went with max hp to to take a zard x flareblitz and to take on azu. Wish+Tect is nasty to beat stall getting a cm and recorvery at the same time sets up on threats much more easily giving you guaranteed health back and backing up your team mates as well.

Conclusion-
Scarf on mag is an option incase you miss edge on zard and need backup also gaining momentum being faster than some leads and gaining access to switch into conk or clef being your two bulky offensive cores. Clef beats ghost conk beats steels mag traps bulky steels, altaria sets up on stall, lando checks talonflame and revenge kills, mew wallbreaks, gets up rocks and widdles fat mons.

Team-
He, thanks for your effort and time you put in to to rate my team (looks like you really put a lot of work in it). I really find the way you changed my team, you do fix the weakness to venusaur bisharp and lando well. I will also try the changed team in the next days out and will write if it functions better or not. Anyway i don't like that you change almost my full team into new mons or altaria tottaly new set, but well i guess the one change requires other changes, so it there where a bit much changes in the end. But i also don't agree on 2 things, the first one is that you mean my old team is weak to Grejninja, this isnt true because i have many ways to kill it, while having most of the times a free switch into it. Because my scizor is able to take a dark pulse on the switch and revange kill it, because at full hp i am even able to take 2 dark pules or i switch into Dragonite that is able to take easilily a ice beam with multi scale thanks to it bulky build. The other thing is i don't think that your new me set is able to beat stall, because it hasn't knock off nor has it taunt, so it isn't able to beat stall at all. I also thing that the team isn't that strong againts stall team, mostly the one carring willow wisp and a sableye eye, so if your altaria get burned by sableye befor mega evolving you have no way to beat it. Thats why i thing Armotheraphy over Calm mind is the way to go, but i wantet to ask you, what do you think about this idea.

He, thanks for your effort and time you put in to to rate my team (looks like you really put a lot of work in it). I really find the way you changed my team, you do fix the weakness to venusaur bisharp and lando well. I will also try the changed team in the next days out and will write if it functions better or not. Anyway i don't like that you change almost my full team into new mons or altaria tottaly new set, but well i guess the one change requires other changes, so it there where a bit much changes in the end. But i also don't agree on 2 things, the first one is that you mean my old team is weak to Grejninja, this isnt true because i have many ways to kill it, while having most of the times a free switch into it. Because my scizor is able to take a dark pulse on the switch and revange kill it, because at full hp i am even able to take 2 dark pules or i switch into Dragonite that is able to take easilily a ice beam with multi scale thanks to it bulky build. The other thing is i don't think that your new me set is able to beat stall, because it hasn't knock off nor has it taunt, so it isn't able to beat stall at all. I also thing that the team isn't that strong againts stall team, mostly the one carring willow wisp and a sableye eye, so if your altaria get burned by sableye befor mega evolving you have no way to beat it. Thats why i thing Armotheraphy over Calm mind is the way to go, but i wantet to ask you, what do you think about this idea.
Yo dawg ninja gets hp fire scizor cant revenge. Tar gets 2hkod same as nite. Depends on set tbh but its still a major threat bro scizor cant even switch into anything greninja carries. Your scizor gets 2hkod by dpulse and cant revenge kill shit its slower even jolly scarf wont outspeed and bullet punch wont kill at 100 so idk what you mean by saying that it can revenge kill ninja. I dont understand the last few sentences clearly but i dont think aromatherapy on clef is good. Having the status on conk is good since it takes wisp,toxic and twaves so idk what aroma will help you with since mega altaria only gets will-0'd by sableye which clef beats. The sub dd set lets you dd on crobro,rotom,crocune,and even zard y at some point. Calm mind helps you win since you have 0 set up sweepers before. It helps you beat opposing clefable setting up on it and setting up on dnite,azu and crobro/crocune. Unaware gives you oppurtunities to set up compared mguard. The special set on alt is good but dd is the most viable for it. The change i really think you need is to take off defog and put taunt but its honestly up to you lando and alt take rocks damage your team doesnt really lose to web besides zone but its meant to only trap skarm and ferro being choice specs so you'll be slow to start it off anyways. I'll test it out and well see pm me for further changes really interested to seeing how its going to go.

Yeah will try it out to and write then back. Anyway just wantet to show he survive 2 darkpules without rocks. 252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Dark Pulse vs. 224 HP / 164 SpD Scizor: 144-172 (42.7 - 51%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery . So i think the team changes you send me make my team alot better, but i will try it out a bit first.

I tried out the Team a bit, and the problem is that it doesnt work well againts stall team. Mostly againts stall teams with heatran or/and Venusaur. If they got both of them you cant win. Your only way to kill Heatran is Earthquake of lando and to kill M. Venosaur Mew, once they have stealth rock up, they just switch around freely and force you to switch, while you are unable to kill them. So since this 2 pokes are very common, i find i my own team a lot better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)