The Anime / Manga Thread (MK2) | Beware Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Secret base is one of my favorite of all time but id even r if it's the op or ed rip

Baccano op is great, couple of the first bleach op and eds because nostalgia and orange range, cruel angel's thesis

I also dk how you can consider like 2 years of Naruto filler good :/

And
1) Seirei no Moribito
2) S;G
3) GITS
4) Detective Conan honestly this was like my first anime and it makes me grin no matter what. The over the top ridiculousness and Ash Ketchum aging does not even bother me
5) Golden Boy
6) Lupin III
7) Onegai Sensei
8) First couple Ranma 1/2 seasons
9) Lovely Complex
10) Nodame

Nanatsu no Taizai is likely joining top 20

Separate for movies
1) Summer Wars
2) Miyazaki--it's not fair to rank each movie tbh
3) Girl who leapt through time
4) Akira
5) DC movies for a similar reason as above

Rip Hamatora so hard, could have been great imo
madan no ou should honestly make some 2014 worst lists

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
top 5 of 2014
1. ping pong
2. gochuumon wa usagi desu ka
3. hanamonogatari
4. gekkan shoujo
5. fate stay night

bottom
1. i dropped them all so idk

top 10 all time
1. tatami
2. jinrui wa suitai shimashita
3. flcl
4. end of evangelion
5. ping pong
6. ichigo mashimaro
7. milky holmes
8. nisemonogatari
9. darker than black season 1
10. sayonara zetsubou sensei

don't feel super comfortable making a top 10 list cause I haven't watched a lot of good things to come out this year (ping pong, F/SN, hanamonogatari, etc) so instead:

Top 10 OPs

1) Gekkan Shoujo - Kimi Janakya Dame Mitai
2) Amagi Brilliant Park - Extra Magic Hour
3) Tokyo Ghoul - Unravel
4) Kill La Kill - Ambiguous
5) Barakamon - Rashisa
6) Log Horizon S2 - database
7) Parasyte - Let Me Hear
8) Zankyou no Terror - Trigger
9) No Game No Life - This Game
10) Mekakucity Actors - daze

Asek

Banned deucer.
Top 5 2014

1. Jojos Bizarre Adventure : Stardust Crusaders
2. Yuuki yuuna wa yuusha de aru
3.Nozaki-Kun
4.Parasyte
5. F/SN : UBW

Could change depending on how the still airing stuff ends
(Didn't watch anything from winter, downloaded but haven't watched ping-pong yet)

Don't have a bottom 5 because i drop shows i dont like but Biggest disappointment would be Akame Ga Kill! and most overrated would probably be NGNL

Top 5 All time

1. Jojos (whole series)
2. Cowboy Bebop
3. Fate / Zero
4. Gurren Lagann
5. Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood

Looking to watch some more older anime now that i've got more time on my hand, any recs?

Worst of all time : toss up between Btooooom! and the second season of darker than black

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
golden boy: ecchi that doesn't suck, super genius guy goes around being a pervert and helping how womens
outlaw star: space series, I like it more that cowboy bebop, they're looking for some formation out in space, cool fights, alright characters. It's less episodic than bebop
akira movie if you haven't this is a required, pretty decent adaptation of a huge manga about future tokyo and espers
Ah My Goddess: loser guy calls for pizza but accidentally calls norse heaven and they send down beldandy, i recommend the ovas first
Lupin III
Galaxy Railways and Harlock and stuff for more space, it's a big universe so any of them are decent

They say it'd be done by next Fall? Not completely unrealistic, but that seems like a pretty optimistic goal for how much there is left to translate.

also Grisaia's adaption is far from a complete wash, it does lose a lot of the excellent common route comedy and it's probably worth reading that part if you like what you see in the anime, but the really bad routes in the game (Sachi and Yumiko) are greatly improved in the anime and Michiru's is pretty much the same but with improved pacing and extraneous bits cut out.

I will never be outdone in terms of lists!!!

Except for top 10 good/bad anime in 2014, I watched only 2 because I'm not a fucking nerd.
you should fix that then, 2014 has some good stuff

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
I decided to pick up amagi again due to dropping other shows that went bad such as Log Horizon and it is definitely better than the first episode made it out to be. It helps that moffle is literally a fumoffu from full metal panic (intentional btw). Currently on ep 4

I also picked up pianime and caught up within 2 days, idk why I didn't start watching it sooner. I think it's pretty well done, it has a lot of cheesy smybolic stuff like when mc is being emo in the building shade and walking out into the light. I think it does a pretty good job of making you tense with the characters which is always good for a show with / about performances. Last couple of eps were a bit slow, like did they need to dedicate 3 episodes to the competition, oh well still really enjoying it.

Oh yeah not bad foreshadowing but if she rips because sick i will b mad

Top 4 of 2014 because everything else sucked:
1. Ping Pong
2. JoJo
3. Parasyte
4. Log Horizon (but just barely)

Top 5 of All Time because 2014 sucked in general (except for Ping Pong that shit was tops):
1. Neon Genesis Evangelion
2. Ping Pong
3. Hyogue Mono
4. Katanagatari
5. Legend of the Galactic Heroes

Honorable mention to JoJo because the best part won't be adapted for a bajillion years

I'm the only one who thought Jojo was not really good?

Part 2 was way better for me, Jotaro is the most annoying hero ever when you compare it to Joseph, he's already stronger than everyone in the first episode and his stand is just...a punching guy, nothing amazing or creative about that, everyone got nice stands besides him. And the "One bad guy - One episode" pace is not really enjoyable for me. The art is cool but i don't think it can be top 5 of the year just because of that.

I didn't watched every anime of 2014 but things like parasyte are already way better than Jojo imo.

monogatari second season has some of the most gorgeous use of music I've ever heard in an anime

nearly teared up towards the end of Onimonogatari, with all of Hachikuji's themes playing softly in the background :'(

horyzhnz

[10:02:17 AM] flcl: its hory xD
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
late to the party, also an excuse to start following this thread again
t15 not including monogataris and ghiblis and dandy

tatami galaxy
danshi koukousei no nichijou / daily lives of high school boys
hyouka
fate stay night unlimited blade works 2014
steins;gate
hellsing ultimate
shinsekai yori
now and then, here and there
darker than black s1
railgun series
gargantia on the verdurous planet
fma:b
parasyte
AKIRA
summer wars / girl who leapt through time
amaburi, kawaisou, non non biyori, and bentou are also pretty fun to watch tbh

b10 in recent memory
anything fil watches
mekakushitty actors
magic warfare
akuma no riddle
glasslip
black bullet
no game no life
tokyo esp
world trigger
fairy tail
harem / ecchi anime, the ones with little to no plot (think shit like toloveru, infinite stratos, queens blade, etc)

Last edited:
TOP 5 2014
1. ping pong
2. mushishi
3. parasyte
4. jojo
5. barakamon

top 10 all time
1. tatami galaxy
2. neon genesis evangelion
3. ping pong
4. mushishi
5. bebop
6. monster
7. kaiba
8. hajime no ippo
9. fma:b
10. welcome to nhk

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
Akatsuki no Yo...nah
ugh this series could be so good but it's paced like an 8 year old playing oot

Come up with witty names for series that sucked

Cross Ange is like some weird combination of an edgy prison show, an edgy mecha show, and Mean Girls, all as imagined by a horny teenager.

It's incredibly awkward but I enjoy it and it's actually been bobbing in and out of being legitimately good lately.

Yeah my initial appraisal was
cross ange is pretty much mean girls, but with much higher stakes. also, everyone is a lesbian
I definitely see it getting better now that the plot is rolling, it could end up being alright as long as it gets stupid enough but not too stupid.

I am watching cowboy bepop right now, and even though I am only 7 episodes in I can tell why it is a classic. Everything about it screams timeless. Its opening is just perfect and sets the mood perfectly (It took me a couple times to watch it to truely appreciate it though). The characters are all unique with awsome personalities, shout out to spike for being one of the coolest characters in all of anime. Even the animation doesn't show its age, which is really impressive considering that it is cell animation. Most of you people already know this, however for all of you guys who have not watched cowboy bepop, do yourselves a favor and go watch it right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)