Resource ORAS NU Viability Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with rise of malamar, frankly this thing is scary and a great sweeper. A- suits it very nicely. Cro-mar is one of the best sweepers in the tier, hard to stop once it gets going as well. Lack of fairies running around, bulky, nice speed tier, better move than night slash with knock off which is a lot more spammable.
I also agree with drop of pawniard, it's no where near as good anymore, since mega-steelix walls it to fuck, lots of water types running around like prin that can check it easily, fire types are more common since mega-lix, in general is just not as good anymore. I agree that it is definitely down the ranking order in terms of the "go to dark type" or even steel type for that matter.

Mega-steelix A-->A+
Not quite sure this thing isn't A+ yet. Thanks to the buffs to its attack + defenses, it's it just a monster, it truly is. It's probably the hardest thing to kill and will wall 4/6 of most teams. Offensive variants can 2 hit ko most of the tier with EQ + Heavy slam, has options of curse + spdef, cannot be tricked anymore, rest-talk being incredibly useful recovery, even 3 moves + rest is amazing with heal beller support, utility with stealth rock + ground typing. It's really a pain in the ass to most teams and it is so so so so so bulky. So bulky to the point that you barely get 3 hit ko'd by a gatr without an SD and you can respond with EQ's and 2 hit ko. It has a lot of variety and unpredictability with its sets, since it's always been 50/50 as to whether it would be a stealth rock variant, spdef curse variant (cro-lix), all out attacker and i've not even mentioned its insane power used on sand teams yet. It even has longetivity on offense teams since you can choose to run healing wish support to give it another life.
In conclusion, versatility, utility, power, bulk... it just deserves A+ rank imo

I second that, Malamar is way better than people credit it for. Can't tell you how many times I've been swept or have come close to being swept because I brushed malamar off like it was a shitmon. A- Is fitting, though honestly I like the sound of A for it right now, but that's probably pushing it.

On another note I don't think Exeggutor should be B anymore. If you look at it, it loses to fire spam and mega glalie, two threatening things right now and it also loses camerupt at full health if it is life orb timid (which you kinda have to run to outspeed adamant panda). It also kind of gets beaten by pangoro, maybe not 1v1 if it's admant panda but it sure as fuck isn't gonna enjoy switching in even on a fighting move. Jolly panda (which is honestly the better variant) just beats it. Too slow to have an impact, walled by bulky psychics and just loses to a lot of upper tier threats and even threats in it's own ranking should be justification for at least B-

Simply put, it just doesn't do much for it to be worthy of B.
On the mega steelix being A+, completely agree because of all the reasons Teddeh mentioned. I guess it kind of struggles VS fire spam and maybe mega glalie, but not enough to the point where it has to be short of A+

On another note I don't think Exeggutor should be B anymore. If you look at it, it loses to fire spam and mega glalie, two threatening things right now and it also loses camerupt at full health if it is life orb timid (which you kinda have to run to outspeed adamant panda). It also kind of gets beaten by pangoro, maybe not 1v1 if it's admant panda but it sure as fuck isn't gonna enjoy switching in even on a fighting move. Jolly panda (which is honestly the better variant) just beats it. Too slow to have an impact, walled by bulky psychics and just loses to a lot of upper tier threats and even threats in it's own ranking should be justification for at least B-

Simply put, it just doesn't do much for it to be worthy of B.
Not sure if i quite agree with your arguments >.> "it loses to mega-glalie and fire spam"... Also, just because it loses to a few mons doesn't make it bad or deem it worthy of dropping. These were incredibly specific and really don't make much of an argument as to why it should be dropped. You should really compare it to other grass types and look at what exeggutor does; it's a wall breaker. Just because it is outspeed by a fire type doesn't mean it sucks.
In response to the proposal however, I've not used exeggutor since the chances in the tier. It would be something that in theory wouldn't be much worse than it was in the XY meta since the only changes really are the megas such as mega-audino which is usually physically defensive, so wouldn't enjoy taking a leaf storm from a life orb eggy, mega-glalie which is a pain for eggy, but doesn't stop it doing eggys job of wall breaking, mega-steelix again doesn't appreciate a life orb leaf storm, even spdef variants, mega-camel are starting to become common but still take over 50% from a leaf storm and then panda which is usually 90% of the time adamant, so would usually be outsped by the egg. Purely theoretically, eggy hasn't gotten that much worse and would still be an incredibly useful wallbreaker, so i am afraid i'll have to disagree on the proposal to drop egg, although i'll test it on ladder to see how it does.
252 SpA Life Orb Exeggutor Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Camerupt: 187-222 (54.3 - 64.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Exeggutor Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Steelix: 200-238 (56.4 - 67.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Exeggutor Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Audino: 220-261 (53.6 - 63.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Exeggutor Leaf Storm vs. 180 HP / 0 SpD Pangoro: 356-421 (94.6 - 111.9%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Exeggutor Leaf Storm vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Typhlosion: 153-181 (51.5 - 60.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(yes i changed base stats)
It's a wallbreaker, it's not meant to take on fire spam or mega-glalie.

Last edited:

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Well LO Eggy is still adept at breaking apart bulky cores, especially those that involve Hariyama (which is a lot), so Eggy still has good merit as a wallbreaker. Alternatively, the Harvest sets also let Eggy do interesting things like SubProtect stall with Sitrus, absorb status with Lum, and even act as a Fighting switch-in with Colbur (Harvest consumes Colbur before it gets Knocked Off, altho Knock Off's item boost would still apply on that turn). Also, Sun Exeggutor is still pretty damn powerful as well, although the rise of Lilligant and Cacturne may have knocked it down a peg.

Eggy may still have its large share of problems, namely the metric ton of weaknesses + exploitable special bulk and speed, but it still boasts enough power and especially versatility to function well overall.

Well LO Eggy is still adept at breaking apart bulky cores, especially those that involve Hariyama (which is a lot), so Eggy still has good merit as a wallbreaker. Alternatively, the Harvest sets also let Eggy do interesting things like SubProtect stall with Sitrus, absorb status with Lum, and even act as a Fighting switch-in with Colbur (Harvest consumes Colbur before it gets Knocked Off, altho Knock Off's item boost would still apply on that turn). Also, Sun Exeggutor is still pretty damn powerful as well, although the rise of Lilligant and Cacturne may have knocked it down a peg.

Eggy may still have its large share of problems, namely the metric ton of weaknesses + exploitable special bulk and speed, but it still boasts enough power and especially versatility to function well overall.
You can only compare egg to lili and cacturne in terms of type only tho. To begin with they play different roles since lili and cacturne need a boost to be ass devastating as eggs, ofc LO attacks from cacturne do a lot but LO eggy does a shit ton more dmg. 2nd eggs fire psychic grass coverage is probably the best coverage that there is on the tier even with dragalge gone. Each mon has its pros and cons but should only be considered to compare it to other wallbreakers imo, like why youd use eggy over pango/bouffalant?etc

Also maybe rise bouffalant a bit to B/B+? Im not 100 % sure about this. I use bouffam on HO a lot and it allows me to break some mons thatmthe rest of my team cant. Reckless CB is a jaw dropper and usually gets 2/3 KOes per match and can take some hits. You can even run jolly to outspeed adamant panda but even panda runs some bulk. Theres also the sub sd set which can wreck many teams after getting rid of some mons. Finally, due to its high attack ane the fact that it draws ghost types in, bouffalant is a great pursuit trapper, specially for scarf rotom who capitalizes on the normal immunity to gain momentum. Im still not sure about B+ but i think its better than most mons in B-. Also theres sap sipper if thats your style but i peesonally prefer reckless and CB can do solid damage to mefa steelix almost 2hkoing so if its not full hwalth it cant really stay in ( 0,2% to 2hko).

Ill edit in some replays later.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
In regards to bouffalant, it got significantly better with the loss of sceptile, a grass type that it's meant to check but could donk it with focus blast. With lilligant as the premier grass type, bouff can easily prevent it from setting up with the amazing sap sipper ability. (Until they start running HP Fighting lol)
Having sap sipper paired with something like seismitoad is extremely valuable as it means typhlosion cannot lock itself into hidden power grass at the risk of bouff getting a free attack boost.
Agreeing with a rise.

I am all for Steelix's rise. I recently built a team using a set consisting of SR / Heavy Slam / Earthquake / Roar (basically the standard) with a specially defensive spread, and it is just impossible to break through if you don't have something like Typhlosion. The way it reliably sets up Stealth Rock is just great, and it tanks stupid shit like 252+ Hariyama's Close Combat (and sponges it with about 40% health remaining). I've also played around with some sand teams with hippopotas/mega steelix on them, and it hits like a fucking truck, because it outweighs like 90% of the tier with Heavy Slam. There isn't much to say that hasn't already been said, rise to A+

I'd like to see Carracosta rise to B+. Spdef Carracosta is better than spdef toad in the current meta because it switches into glalie's double-edge and freeze-dry a lot better, checks fire types better with a nice 4x resist, has access to aqua jet so that your balanced teams don't auto lose to Ninetales. Solid rock is gr8.

While unpredictability isn't my main argument on the rise of carracosta, there's also some uncertainty to whether carracosta is spdef, because it could easily be a shell smash variant which makes carracosta an offensive threat as well.

Edit: since I don't see much carracosta in use this is the set I've been using, 32 speed outspeeds mega steelix:

Carracosta @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Rock Slide
- Scald
- Aqua Jet
- Stealth Rock

Last edited:

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
You can only compare egg to lili and cacturne in terms of type only tho
Sun Exeggutor is still pretty damn powerful as well, although the rise of Lilligant and Cacturne may have knocked it down a peg.
You probably should have noticed that I am not comparing Sun Eggy to Lilligant and Cacturne in terms of sweeping efficiency, rather I am bringing up those two as rising threats to Sun Eggy due to Chlorophyll and STAB Sucker Punch respectively, which reduces its offensive potency.

I'd like to actually propose the bump of Exeggutor to B+/A-. With Pangoro and Glalie now gone, 2 huge threats aren't here to stop this mon from doing what it wants with regards to wall breaking. I've actually replaced Specs Typh with LO Exeggutor and it literally just destroys EVERYTHING.

IK it may sound iffy at first, but I suggest everyone go try Exeggutor, it's just a fantastic wallbreaker.

Exeggutor @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature/Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Rock] > Ancient Power

Last edited:

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'd like to actually propose the bump of Exeggutor to B+/A-. With Pangoro and Glalie now gone, 2 huge threats aren't here to stop this mon from doing what it wants with regards to wall breaking. I've actually replaced Specs Typh with LO Exeggutor and it literally just destroys EVERYTHING.

IK it may sound iffy at first, but I suggest everyone go try Exeggutor, it's just a fantastic wallbreaker.

Exeggutor @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Rock]
I certainly agree that eggy is a great wallbreaker, but I have 2 things to point out. To those who want to use eggy, I strongly suggest using a timid nature to outspeed most SD feraligatr variants that run just enough for neutral base 55s. Also, if you're that keen on hitting xatu / scyther / etc with HP Rock, you might as well go with ancient power as getting those stat boosts is obviously awesome for anything.

I certainly agree that eggy is a great wallbreaker, but I have 2 things to point out. To those who want to use eggy, I strongly suggest using a timid nature to outspeed most SD retaliate variants that run just enough for neutral base 55s. Also, if you're that keen on hitting xatu / scyther / etc with HP Rock, you might as well go with ancient power as getting those stat boosts is obviously awesome for anything.
Could you clarify, SD retaliate variants of what? Also, I didn't even know it got ancient power, will update post!

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I removed Pangoro and Mega Glalie. I'll work on an update and go back through and see which noms were based mostly on the banned duo.

I haven't played the new meta yet, but now that Pangoro and Mega Glalie are gone the two biggest threats to stall imo. I expect we will start to see mons essential to that playstyle will start to slowly rise in usage. Mega Camerupt may still be around but it really isn't too difficult to work around on defensively oriented teams with mons like Hariyama, Mantine, Seismitoad, and Specially defensive Miltank (people no longer need to run physically defensive miltank for Glalie).

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Mega Steelix rose to A+ now that it is hands down the best mega in the tier. Overall I am happy with the new bans even though I really enjoyed abusing Pangoro while he was around ;_; R.I.P.

You know I think the point of having a council in this thread was so we could update more frequently O.o

Zangoose B+ ---> A

I know the reasons why this was so low but at this point I'm noticing how difficult it is to deal with. Almost nothing can switch in on it, and it can force so many things out. Since people have been less inclined to use things in the 100 - 110 speed tier like they used to it is much harder to deal with.

To condense; my case is that it is good at countering the play style that seems to be most effective in the meta. It has knock off, cc, quick attack, and an extremely devastating stab in facade.

Magmortar B ---> A

This gets the same argument as before. Although it is not the best choiced mon it is amazing with expert belt, life orb, and even assault vest. It has fire blast to break through most mons and then coverage to handle most other things meant to check fire spam. Thunderbolt (most annoying to me) which handles shit like mantine, and most random low tier waters used to attempt to check it. In the case of seismitoad it can always run HP grass to be an asshole. Focus blast destroys most of the remaining problems such as regirock and miltank. It has been an amazing nuisance in the meta and deserves a higher rank.

Pawniard B ---> B-

I realize it moved down at first with the argument that it lost it's surprise factor but now with mega steelix being the monster of the tier I think it needs to move down again. It is incapable of doing much to steelix due to neither knock off nor iron head doing more then 10%.

Rotom A ---> A+

My argument for this is pretty weak so I will ask for other people's thoughts. The scarf varient seems amazing rn with it's consistent voltswitching abilities, and it's early game ability to either trick or WoW. Only major problem for it is camel but it does it's role with little to no support.

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Pawniard B ---> B-

I realize it moved down at first with the argument that it lost it's surprise factor but now with mega steelix being the monster of the tier I think it needs to move down again. It is incapable of doing much to steelix due to neither knock off nor iron head doing more then 10%.
Just to let you know that Pawniard gets Low Kick which is a pretty good option seeing as how common Mega Steelix is. Unfortunately you have to give up some coverage to be able to fit it on its move slot, so I can see Pawniard moving down.
252+ Atk Pawniard Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Steelix: 102-122 (28.8 - 34.4%) -- 4.2% chance to 3HKO
+2 252+ Atk Pawniard Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Steelix: 204-242 (57.6 - 68.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Blast

Member of the Alien Nation
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
This was mentioned a while ago but I definitely support Huntail to the same rank (if not higher) than Gorebyss. They have basically the exact same levels of consistency in terms of SmashPass, and if anything Huntail even has sort of an edge with Sucker Punch allowing it to beat Scarf Rotom. I've also been using the Coil set a ton, and it's really great too since it can pass boosts and Subs more than once a game thanks to extra bulk investment + Lefties + Defense rises.

I also agree with Mega Steelix to A+ and I'll just add on one of the main things that makes it so threatening (to me at least) it that it basically turns anything that can't touch it into an outright liability. It comes in on a ton of threats and just punishes them for being out on the field, and unlike regular Steelix, it's both bulky and strong so it can take hits and still do solid damage to its checks at the same time.
Rotom A ---> A+

My argument for this is pretty weak so I will ask for other people's thoughts. The scarf varient seems amazing rn with it's consistent voltswitching abilities, and it's early game ability to either trick or WoW. Only major problem for it is camel but it does it's role with little to no support.
I'm not really sure how that constitutes Rotom going up, all of the pros you mentioned apply to the XY meta too and I honestly think Rotom's job has only gotten harder for it now (Megas block Trick, Dark-types and Lilligant are more popular, plus Camel is basically the perfect counter now).

Just a couple quick thoughts.

Piloswine to C+
With Mega Glalie gone, this things major niche is gone and it's now once again outclassed, with it's main niche being what now, Ice Shard to pick off Lilligants and stuff? There's just really not much reason to use it over stuff like Rhydon and Steelix and Seismitoad now for SR. Certainly not on the same level as Cryogonal and Klinklang as viability, to say the least.

Volbeat to D
It has prankster weathers, and that's literally it's entire viability. Is there even any real major reason to use this over mons like Liepard 99.9% of the time?

Grumpig to C
There are better fire spam checks and it does little damage to M-Rupt who just 3hkoes it with earth power anyways. Things like Mantine have also seen a rise in usage and they are quite frankly more useful than this mon, and M-Rupt now also exists as a fire spam check. It has niches, but there are just much better mons to use at what it does. M-steelix is a free switch-in as well, the worst it can do is like whirlwind it. With Slurpuff gone, dark types have risen, and between that and getting icicle crash + knock off, Sneasel's much better. ORAS really did Grumpig no favors, as nothing in this meta really is going for it.

Lickilicky to C
Not that mega audino is an amazing cleric, but it outclasses this mon with a fighting neutrality, dark resist, and better stats. Can't say lefties, dragon tail, and a stronger attack stat seems like the better choice, and considering you don't have to mega evolve audino you can also use regen if you want with normal and have the best of both worlds. Already often outclassed by normal audino because of regenerator, but now, is there really much reason to use it?

Kricketune to C
Yes, it's the best sticky webber in the tier. Doesn't mean much when sticky web isn't even that good right now, (and while Pawniard has gotten worse, Malamar has gotten better) and the other setters are all bad too. Loses to Archeops and fast Qwilfish with taunt, and only gets up web or gets taunt off vs Crustle and Rhydon, and it still doesn't do much outside of web outside of like taunting things.

Masquerain to D+
Quite frankly, it's trash. Garbage stats, and thanks to those garbage stats, usually fails to do anything outside of Sticky Web. Maybe get like a scald burn or something if you're lucky. It's got quiver pass, sure, but it's so frail even with intimidate and has quite a few weaknesses, so it's not very likely at all to ever even get off the pass. And again, web isn't even very good right now, and Malamar's just able to use it against you anyways. Doesn't deserve to be in the same rank as Leavanny, which can at least do something with leaf blade/storm and magic coat, as well as an actually decent speed stat.

Accelgor to B
It's still a good spike setter, still has decent offensive options, and still is extremely fast. Nothing's really changed to make it unviable. It gets energy ball, focus blast, and encore, has 100 base special attack and it outspeeds everything relevant that isn't scarfed

Crustle to B+
Crustle still does it's job well also, stacking hazards. Yes, there are things that stop it, but it's still the only HO lead that sets both hazards, it gets to free it's item slot for mental herb, red card, or even more gimmicky stuff like power herb + solarbeam, and it still has a nice tool in stab rock blast. It's still one of the best at what it does and still manages to get up hazards well.

Nominating Roselia for B.

Roselia is a great defensive pivot in the current metagame. With formidable special defense and great synergy with some very powerful offensive and defensive threats, such as Mega Camerupt, Mespirit, and Mantine, it has definite potential on balance and bulky offense teams as a switch-in to powerful special attackers, including but not limited to Lilligant, choice specs Lanturn, Rotom, offensive Accelgor and Mismagius. Out of the immense pool of pokemon that it works well with, Mega Camerupt deserves a special mention as it easily takes the inevitable knock offs targeted at Roselia. In addition to this, it has access to spikes of both kinds as well as decent special attack and good STABs, allowing it to weaken the opponent's team, directly or indirectly, making even more leg room for a powerful teammate to come in and finish the job. However, it is not nearly as vulnerable to being worn down through residual damage as a vast majority of other hazard-setting pokemon, thanks to the combination of natural cure and rest. Because of its great typing, it is also an essential part of many defensive cores. All in all, Roselia is a great hazard-stacking special wall that I believe fits B rank perfectly.

Last edited:
Just a couple quick thoughts.

Piloswine to C+
With Mega Glalie gone, this things major niche is gone and it's now once again outclassed, with it's main niche being what now, Ice Shard to pick off Lilligants and stuff? There's just really not much reason to use it over stuff like Rhydon and Steelix and Seismitoad now for SR. Certainly not on the same level as Cryogonal and Klinklang as viability, to say the least.

Volbeat to D
It has prankster weathers, and that's literally it's entire viability. Is there even any real major reason to use this over mons like Liepard 99.9% of the time?

Grumpig to C
There are better fire spam checks and it does little damage to M-Rupt who just 3hkoes it with earth power anyways. Things like Mantine have also seen a rise in usage and they are quite frankly more useful than this mon, and M-Rupt now also exists as a fire spam check. It has niches, but there are just much better mons to use at what it does. M-steelix is a free switch-in as well, the worst it can do is like whirlwind it. With Slurpuff gone, dark types have risen, and between that and getting icicle crash + knock off, Sneasel's much better. ORAS really did Grumpig no favors, as nothing in this meta really is going for it.

Lickilicky to C
Not that mega audino is an amazing cleric, but it outclasses this mon with a fighting neutrality, dark resist, and better stats. Can't say lefties, dragon tail, and a stronger attack stat seems like the better choice, and considering you don't have to mega evolve audino you can also use regen if you want with normal and have the best of both worlds. Already often outclassed by normal audino because of regenerator, but now, is there really much reason to use it?

Kricketune to C
Yes, it's the best sticky webber in the tier. Doesn't mean much when sticky web isn't even that good right now, (and while Pawniard has gotten worse, Malamar has gotten better) and the other setters are all bad too. Loses to Archeops and fast Qwilfish with taunt, and only gets up web or gets taunt off vs Crustle and Rhydon, and it still doesn't do much outside of web outside of like taunting things.

Masquerain to D+
Quite frankly, it's trash. Garbage stats, and thanks to those garbage stats, usually fails to do anything outside of Sticky Web. Maybe get like a scald burn or something if you're lucky. It's got quiver pass, sure, but it's so frail even with intimidate and has quite a few weaknesses, so it's not very likely at all to ever even get off the pass. And again, web isn't even very good right now, and Malamar's just able to use it against you anyways. Doesn't deserve to be in the same rank as Leavanny, which can at least do something with leaf blade/storm and magic coat, as well as an actually decent speed stat.

Accelgor to B
It's still a good spike setter, still has decent offensive options, and still is extremely fast. Nothing's really changed to make it unviable. It gets energy ball, focus blast, and encore, has 100 base special attack and it outspeeds everything relevant that isn't scarfed

Crustle to B+
Crustle still does it's job well also, stacking hazards. Yes, there are things that stop it, but it's still the only HO lead that sets both hazards, it gets to free it's item slot for mental herb, red card, or even more gimmicky stuff like power herb + solarbeam, and it still has a nice tool in stab rock blast. It's still one of the best at what it does and still manages to get up hazards well.
Yea I agree with what most Blaziken1337 said in his post. There is a large quantity of pokemon in the tier that have their niches done compltely better by other mons or just fail to do as good as they did pre-oras or pre-Glalie&Pangoro ban.

I especially agree with the drops of Piloswine and Volbeat for the reasons listed above. Piloswine isn't bad but just isn't as good as it was before. It can reliably set up rocks most of the time but so can a lot of other pokemon in the tier as well as due to its speed stat it becomes victim to taunt from pokemon like Qwilfish and Archeops. The fact it really has to run eviolite for its bulk means it doesn't have the unpredictability factor of pokemon like Crustle who could be running many different items like red card, white herb, mental herb, etc. As well as lot of faster fighting type pokemon give it a hard time. Piloswine is still rather good but I think B would be better for it.

As for Volbeat it is just completely and utterly outclassed by everything and I don't see how it has remained in C- as long as it has. As a prankster rain setter it is outclassed completely by Liepard, as a reliable rain setter is is outclassed by Uxie and Mesprit who also have access to stealth rock and healing wish/memento respectively, as a baton passer it is outclassed by Gorebyss and Huntail, and I would even say that murkrow outclasses it as a prankster tailwinder because of its access to taunt, haze, and other utility moves. It it definitely D material.

Weezing should probably go back down to B+ now that Slurpuff, Altaria, and Beedrill are gone.
Bringing this back up. Weezing is quite frankly crap now and with several of the things it checked being gone, there's no reason for it not to drop to B+, possibly lower.

I nominate Victrebel to move up to B/B-. This thing is like a Ludicolo but under the sun.
This poisonous plant is makes REALLY good use of the sun being up as it is able to get +2 under the sun with a single growth. Its dual stabs+access to weather ball (would be a fire move when the sun is up) gives it perfect neutral coverage.
Not only that but it got better in ORAS because its best counter Dragalge is no longer in NU and this thing can put in work against 2/3 of our megas we have left (Audino and Steelix)

Here are some calcs:
252+ SpA Life Orb Victreebel Weather Ball (100 BP Fire) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Steelix in Sun: 291-343 (82.2 - 96.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Victreebel Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Audino: 283-338 (69 - 82.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Victreebel Solar Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Probopass: 126-149 (38.8 - 45.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Victreebel Solar Beam vs. 0 HP / 128 SpD Assault Vest Hariyama: 196-231 (45.6 - 53.8%) -- 44.1% chance to 2HKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Victreebel Solar Beam vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Hariyama: 168-199 (39.1 - 46.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

If is can do all that before setting up a growth, consider what happens if it gets one up...
This thing has been underrated since X/Y, I vote we give this mon its due in ORAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)