The Maze Runner

This thread is for any fans of the book series and/or the movie. Please be courteous enough to put spoilers in a tag because I am still reading the book series. With that out of the way, I loved the movie a lot. I love dystopian films and this is my favorite one I've seen(sorry Hunger Games) Enough of the movie though, has anyone read the book series? I'm reading The Kill Order(a prequel to The Maze Runner) atm

chimp

Go Bananas
is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I read the book.

It was ok.

The main character is extremely unlikable, atleast in my opinion. Alot of the events seem forced, like the author felt he NEEDED to have [this particular event happen] (not going to mention it cause spoiler) JUST for the sake of it happening. Its annoying. The dynamic of Thomas + Theresa also seems out of place and annoying. Thomas is just such a huge moody Mary Sue character. Its really hard to like him. I'd much rather preferred Newt, Theresa, or even Chuck to be the main character. Mostly, though, I really feel like he needed to flush out the Glade and Maze more. Instead the book focused on moody THOMAS THOMAS THOMAS.

I tried reading the second one but I stopped. Was kinda boring and had the same flaws as the first.

I read the book.

It was ok.

The main character is extremely unlikable, atleast in my opinion. Alot of the events seem forced, like the author felt he NEEDED to have [this particular event happen] (not going to mention it cause spoiler) JUST for the sake of it happening. Its annoying. The dynamic of Thomas + Theresa also seems out of place and annoying. Thomas is just such a huge moody Mary Sue character. Its really hard to like him. I'd much rather preferred Newt, Theresa, or even Chuck to be the main character. Mostly, though, I really feel like he needed to flush out the Glade and Maze more. Instead the book focused on moody THOMAS THOMAS THOMAS.

I tried reading the second one but I stopped. Was kinda boring and had the same flaws as the first.
I see your point and I feel like those mentioned would be better than Thomas but I liked him. Idk why but I enjoyed Thomas' character. And I agree on the maze and the Glade needed to be fleshed out more. Don't forget Minho though. He was awesome

chimp

Go Bananas
is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm not really sure why I disliked Thomas so much.
I think its because he just kinda showed up and somehow had all these special powers and was really important and we were expected to care. I haven't seen the film, so I don't know how he was portrayed, thats just my thoughts.

I'm not really sure why I disliked Thomas so much.
I think its because he just kinda showed up and somehow had all these special powers and was really important and we were expected to care. I haven't seen the film, so I don't know how he was portrayed, thats just my thoughts.
On the contrary, I've seen the film but haven't read the book.Because of this, I'm not sure how good of a job the actor did for his portrayal. Nevertheless I liked the actor. I see Thomas as a young man who was thrown into the Glade without any memories of who he is and eventually becomes a badass by the end due to his strength and determination. Also, I want a book about Newt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)