ORAS NU Decided to build a team around Golurk, Rate My Team...

Not a great team maker, you can be harsh on me lol ;p

Golurk @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Shadow Punch
- Ice Punch
- Drain Punch

A great all-out physical attacker. He can sweep when provoked. Thinking of adding a couple different moves to this set (especially since Ice Punch isn't the best move IMO), but sweeps some pokemon.

Steelix @ Steelixite
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball
- Dragon Tail

I love this set. I usually send this out first, since its has great defenses + Stealth rock, and I luv my good stealth rock. Also the stab Earthquake can do some damage. Like Golurk, I think I should change the move Gyro Ball, but for now he is pretty solid.

Pyroar (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Will O Wisp

Can 2HKO most pokemon, no joke. This set up can and will take out most pokemon with this setup. Fire blast and Hyper Voice as a stabs, HP Grass to take out most threats, and Will O' Wisp to burn if needed. Such a good setup.

Cryogonal @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 240 HP / 172 Def / 56 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Freeze-Dry
- Recover
- Haze

As a defensive Rapid Spin set, its pretty good. Freeze-Dry is a great Ice stab, Recover to build up hp, and Haze to prevent people from setting up.

Uxie @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 188 HP / 60 Def / 36 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Psyshock
- Giga Drain

The biggest flaw imo. Its still good, Calm mind + Substitute is a great combo. But the bad SA doesn't help, and most Sub's only last 1 turn. not very helpful

Ludicolo @ Assault Vest
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 164 HP / 140 Def / 68 SpA / 4 SpD / 132 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam
- Fake Out

A great Special attacker with a good move set. i think the rest speaks for itself.

Rate my team!

Last edited:
Hi- you said in your post that Uxie was your team's biggest flaw, and gave the reason as being bad special attack. If you wanted a 'mon with better Special attack, you could always replace it with Mesprit. While Mesprit can't learn Giga Drain, it does have energy ball, and its defenses are decent, even if not quite as incredible as Uxie's.

Also, I would have to say that the type weaknesses of your team stack up quite a bit. Half your team is weak to water, with there being only a single resist. If Ludicolo gets knocked out, then your team has no way of dealing with sweepers with strong water-type moves, and quite a few pokemon who will fall to them. It's rather difficult to find a good specially offensive pokemon that won't end up stacking weaknesses too much with your other types. I certainly can't find any naturally speedy ones, but I could find something close- might I recommend shell smash Gorebyss over Pyroar? Gorebyss' main problem is its speed, but with shell smash, that becomes quickly remedied, and its incredible special attack goes through the roof.

Also, some of your team members didn't have much of an explanation behind them. Remember, you need about 3 sentences each for each pokemon in an RMT- it can really help the reviewers.

Heavy slam is better on mega lix due to it being so heavy so its has 120 bp against nearly all mons in nu, it also has more pp so you wont get stalled out of them as easily.
You could replace ice punch on golurk for rock polish so it can potentially sweep once some of the resists are out of the way, this usually works better with life orb instead of lefties.
Your team also looks like it struggles with fighting types especially gurdurr which pretty much runs through the team after a bulk up or two. I'd recommend cb scyther instead of uxie which will handle fighting types well and give you momentum with u turn. You could even run a bulky sd set with baton pass if you wanted to get some good sweeps with golurk or threaten their team more with steelix.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)