ORAS OU Greninja's Retirement (ORAS OU Team)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, this is my second RMT, this team looks very similar to my original, but with a few changes. The reason i am making this new RMT is becuase I think that greninja is doomed to be on the way out of OU. Since Greninja will likely be retiring, i have no choice but to put up the help wanted sign...

Let's go ahead and look at the current team:

------------------------------------

First:
upload_2014-12-26_1-28-23.png

Talonflame Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 120HP/252Atk/136Spe
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Flare Blitz
- Gale Wings
I chose Talonflame because i really needed something with a good Fire-Type move to deal with Skarmory, Scizor, and other Steel types that aren't weak to ground. Swords Dance allows Talonflame to get off a free boost whenever he predicts the opposing pokemon to switch out. Roost lets it regain vital health (Especially since i dont have any hazard control currently). Flare Blitz and Gale Wings are its two basic hard-hitting STABs.

Next:

Ferrothorn Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252HP/88Def/168SpD
- Stealth Rocks
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
I chose Ferrothorn because i really needed a consistent lead on my team. As my main hazard pokemon, he allows me to get the game off to a good start. I chose Stealth Rocks AND Spikes so that i could continue to set up if i was matched up against a pokemon that Ferrothorn walls. Gyro Ball gives me an attacking move so that Ferro can do SOMETHING and put pressure on the opposing pokemon that is currently in. Leech seed helps me regenerate health faster and helps me wall other pokemon more effectively. I chose Gyro Ball instead of Power Whip so that i could deal with faster opposing leads.

Next:
Metagross @Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body/Tough Claws
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252Atk/4Def/252Spe
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Ice Punch

MMgross gives me a useful mega, a strong physical attacker and a solid defensive pokemon. Zen Headbutt and Meteor Mash give me decent STAB coverage and Earthquake hits other Steel types well. Ice Punch was my final choice over Hammer Arm mostly because i would prefer not to lose MMgross' great speed, it is jolly with 252 speed evs to make the best use of that speed

Next:
upload_2014-12-26_1-29-43.png

Gliscor: Toxic Orb
Abilty: Poison Heal
Nature: Impish
EVs: 244HP/28Def/236Spe
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Protect
- Knock Off

The first of my 2 walls. Many people hate dealing with SubToxic Gliscor, and it works well, so it is on my team. This thing lets me toxic stall just about anything that isnt water, ice, steel, or poison type. The entire set is built how it needs to be, Toxic, Protect, and Substitute all work together to stall,and i put knock off in the last spot instead of earthquake because almost everyone expects the earthquake, so they dont send in their steel types anyways, Knock Off allows me to cripple a lot of pokemon that rely heavily on their items. The 236 speed EVs allow me to outspeed anything with a base 80 speed or below (that helps me deal with non-priority mamoswine especially).

Next:
upload_2014-12-26_1-30-19.png

Chansey @Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Careful
EVs: 4HP/252Def/252SpD
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
- Protect
- Seismic Toss

This thing is a MONSTER, it can stall out everything but Poison, Steel, and Physical fighting types. Gliscor deals with the fighting types, and chansey takes the water and ice types that trouble gliscor. Seismic Toss lets chansey 3-4HKO most pokemon that it cant toxic stall and Soft-Boiled provides reliable health recovery. Between Chansey and gliscor, very few pokemon are left standing. Careful nature lets chansey get even more out of her already insane SpD. The only thing she needs to worry about is knock off.

Finally, the Retiree:

Greninja Life Orb
Ability: Protean
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252SpA/4Def/252Spe
- Grass Knot
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Scald

Greninja is here to be my Special Sweeper. The moves he has give me great coverage against pokemon I would otherwise have trouble with. Grass Knot lets me deal with Keldeo to an extent. Dark Pulse is great for dealing with Psychic types i would otherwise not be able to hit Super-Effectively. Ice Beam is great for dealing with ground types and dragons.. Scald lets me deal with fire types easily, and gives me a chance to burn physical attackers.

------------------------------------

So that is my team, almost every major threat in OU can be dealt with by this team. Even though i have several pokemon weak to fighting types(Chansey, ferrothorn, greninja before protean) gliscor and Talonflame (to a degree) can deal with them. Mega-Venusaur, non-choiced Keldeo, Bisharp, and others can be troublesome at times though.

Now, if i remove Greninja, i am not sure where to go, my team could really use:

- Something to deal with Psychic types

- Hazard Control

-A special attacker

Not all of these have to be covered in one pokemon, and i would think the most important thing would be to find a good Special Attacker.

Please feel free to change any moves and/or Pokemon, i am just highlighting Greninja since i think i will have no choice soon.

I recommend you carry Earthquake on Gliscor. Being walled by things that are usually stopped by Gliscor such as Bisharp and Heatran is not a good idea. You mention Bisharp gives you a hard time as it is. I'd drop Toxic on Chansey for Heal Bell to prevent the team being crippled by status. A good replacement for Greninja would be Choice Scarf/Sub CM Keldeo.

Last edited:

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello.
Your descriptions are too short to fit the RMT rules requirements.
I encourage you to PM me an updated version of this team with beefed up descriptions, and if you're new to this, join the Mentor Program. I'll be unlocking this thread after that.

Have a nice day and happy new year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)