VGC VGC 2015 Doubles Team- Regirock the guy who stands like a rock

Good day everyone!
I builded a team around Regirock and tested it on Showdown it worked out just 'okay' so I need you're help to get it better guys!
First of all I will show you the team with explanations and then I will just say some last words and tell you some lead's I use so let's begin:

Regirock @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
Level: 50
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 178 SpD
Brave Nature
- Drain Punch
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Ice Punch

He just stand's like a rock and the AssaultVest makes him soooooooo tanky that this is the result: He can't get OHKOed! EXCEPT with a HydroPump in rain from guys like Politoed with LifeOrb or stronger. And the 80Evs on HP allows him also to survive a Swampert maxed attack adamant waterfall in rain with crazy 93,3% of HP :P The moves are just common I think that explains everything for Regirock so let's go on!

Cresselia @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Helping Hand
- Trick Room
- Reflect
- Light Screen

Bulky, bulky TrickRoomseter that can do work with this moveset! Helping hand gives him a oportunity for getting of incredible earthquakes with Regirock and it won't hit him cause of Levitate and the Dualmirror is for even more tankines. I choose this EVspread for some more physical tankines cause I got no Intimidate or Will-O-Wisp that is a problem in my team I think.

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Crunch
- Low Kick
- Ice Punch
- Protect

Since he can get IcePunch from MoveTutor I like him even more than before that. I added him to the team for the tankines of Regirock(Sandstorm) and this is the reason Cresselia got Safetygoogles and Regirock got AssaultVest. I opted to go for a physical build just for doing more damage with this physical build and more bulk also the AssaultVest I love to run on him is put on Regirock. Since there are so much dragons out I choosed Ice Punch on him to and I thought that two Ice moves are enough so I choosed helping hand on cresselia. Low kick is for heatran and kang and crunch was for more coverage. The EVs are invested on full HP after attack cause he got crazy natural bulk and would survive most things just like Regirock and so I ended up with this build.

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Protect

He covers many wekanesses and helps for setting up TrickRoom and makes sweeping out of TrickRoom easier. RockyHelmet counters all the physical attackers and that makes it soooo good in this meta. The moveset is just like nearly every Amoonguss so there's nothing to say about it. The EV spread is fully physical defensive to take the hits amoonguss wants to take easier and also he survives many special attacks.

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 44 SpA / 132 Spe
Naive Nature
- Brave Bird
- Overheat
- Quick Guard
- Tailwind

So this is interesting... first of all I wanna start with the EVspread. 80HP allows it to survive jolly LifeOrb BraveBird from Talonflame 132 Spe outspeeds the adamant talonflames out there. 252 EVs for more BraveBird power on atk and as I want some more SpA I put the others on that. The nature allows me to deal full damage with Overheat and BraveBird ... anyways this Talonflame don't want to take a lot of hits. I choosed Overheat for less recoil and protect from RockyHelmet. Normaly you find a U-Turn on a Talonflame like this but I choosed QuickGuard and Tailwind for countering taunts from Pokemon's with Prankster and other talonflames that want to OHKO my Amoonguss with adamant nature also I can get more speedcontrol for my team and this is the idea behind the Talonflame.

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Protect

I searched for more balance in the typing and ended up with him. Since BugBite is allowed and usable he is stronger than before and I choosed the Mega cause he isn't stucked in one attack and in my opinion stronger because if that. I can go for KnockOff on the third slot but I'm still testing it out and not sure. The spread allows him to make work in and out TrickRoom and it seems good to me.

So this is my team guys but before you go I have one more thing!

Now I will show you the leadings that I can go for with this team:

Talonflame/Cresselia|Amoonguss/Cresselia

I already told you about the Prankster-Taunt that my team was weak to. This turns it around and I can set up a easy TrickRoom.

Tyranitar/Regirock

The tanky destroyers can make work if I predict my opponents lead right. When they go togheter they can just destroy the oponnent but for that the opponent needs as already said the right lead and it's really hard to make that work.

Cresselia/Regirock

If I can set up TrickRoom without any problems I go for HelpingHand and EQ after that that can destroy my opponent.

Scizor/Amoonguss

With this I can set up a SwordsDance and sweep through the opponents team and Amoonguss can Spore around with the right predictions.

So that where my leadoptions or the lead I use.

I hope you enjoyed reading through this and can help me with this team.

Thank you all!

Honestly, this is one of the better teams that I've seen. You have great type synergies that (I assume) would strongly benefit your team in battle. However, there are some things that I think you should consider for the best of your team.

Firstly, although Regirock can't be OHKO'd, it is completely weak to Status without having anything to do about it.

Hence, Rotom-W stands as the biggest threat to your team, being able to dent Talonflame on the Burn prediction as well as provide offensive pressure and momentum with Volt Switch. Amoonguss is the only thing you have for it, so I suggest you play it wisely.

Now, for some actual suggestions!

1. Cresselia is INSANE taunt-bait. A prankster Taunt can leave it completely useless. Therefore, I suggest running Mental Herb > Safety Goggles and Reflect > Ice Beam or Psychic and Light Screen > Protect. Although the added bulk is nice, Cresselia should be more of a utility than support, and the abundance of Prankster in Thundurus makes Cresselia's job even harder.
2. CONSIDER running Low Kick > Rock Slide and Ice Punch > Fire Punch on TTar, because Ice is covered by Regice and Ferrothorn will be a prick (Pun intended) if you don't kill/dent it ASAP. Rock Slide DESTROYS the Birds and Fire Types that attempt to break your defenses. Although you can't hit Heatran harder, Ferrothorn is much more important; especially under Trick Room.
3. Change TTAR's item to Chople Berry because I suggest only running one Mega; especially because TTar and Scizor have good synergy together and are able to work together if required, especially under sand.

The following are more nitpicks, but they can be quite impacting.
1. Is Scizor supposed to be Adamant or Brave to make the most out of Trick Room?
2. Tailwind on Talonflame and Trick Room contradict; I suggest replacing Tailwind > HP Ground on Talonflame to 2HKO Heatran on the switch. Also, it provides a neat surprise factor!

Other than those, this team is surprisingly quite solid. Well done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)