ORAS OU Rate My OU Entei centered team

Hi guys, ive been out of the game for a while now, and with ORAS out ive had new inspiration to come back.

So ive been trying to make a team centered around Entei for OU, ive run 15 games with 9 wins and 6 loses.

Im a bit rusty, and I know Entei is not M-Metagross im not expecting to climb to the top of the ladder with this, but I wanna build one just because I like Entei.

Entei @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Bulldoze
- Stone Edge

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Wish
- Protect

Latias (F) @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Healing Wish

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Keldeo-Resolute @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 24 HP / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind
- Secret Sword
- Protect

Explanation: So obviously Entei first, I decided to run those EVs sacrificing a bit of speed for more bulk. With them he should be able to outspeed base 80s while still being able to take some hits.

So next im thinking I need someone who takes care of heatran before I can wreck everything with sacred fire. I came up with Lando-T. Scarf so he can pivot and outspeed opposing banded landos,and so that he can work as a revenge killer when I need him to. He is one of the most used pokemon in the tier, and for good reason. Superpower is there in case I run into an airbaloon heatran, and its proved useful vs stuff like bisharp and ttar when theres moments like say, im not sure if hes gonna switch or stay so id rather not get locked into E.

Since Entei is pure fire type he has a SR weakness, so next I get a defogger. Im still not sure if I shouldve used Latios or Latias, I picked latias tho, because of the bulk and the title ''the best defogger in ou'', and went with latiasite for no good reason really, I just wanted to try it. I like its moves as they are, although I find myself never using healing wish. M-Latias also has the ability to put a dent into Rotom-W with draco meteor, between uturns and Latias ive been managing him. She can get rif of AV conkeldurss with psychock, do decent damage to opposing blisseys/chanseys, and in general handle some Sp. Atking threats.

Clefable for two reasons, first she can deal with quagsire , and unaware with t-wave is a nuisance for boosters. Second coverage, she can nail dark types which latias doesnt like, and dragons, she can also wish pass which is always nice. Getting rid of quagsire is important to me because although hes kinda rare, scalds can really fuck entei and bisharp, and do decent damage to entei and lando, and resists sacred fire pretty well.

Bisharp is a wrecking machine that can resist lots of types and his steel typing gives him a super effective stab against the always present fairy types; and boosted sucker punches help snag a lot of unsuspecting kos who underestimate his power. I havent made my choice final between SD and Pursuit. SD helps when I predict a switch, since the next turn Ill be able to sucker punch at +2 boosted by black glasses which is no joke, on the other hand pursuit might take care of the threat right there and avoid him from switching. As a bonus he really enjoys having heatran out of the way, and defiant is also a nice way to deal with stuff like lando-t who love to come and intimidate him, only to get sucker punched into death.

Finally Keldeo is there for coverage mostly, icy wind although not so powerful, helps take down stuff such as gliscor , altaria before mega evolving, garchomp, and hydro pump and secret sword help with coverage. It has actually worked really well with me for taking down M-Altaria because if I can predict the switch, hes gonna get a 4x weakness and be at -1 speed, which will then allow me to finish M-Altaria off on the next turn. Hydro Pump can hit lots of shit hard, the truth is this slot was reserved for greninja but with the suspect test going on I had to find an alternative.

What this team can get done: Well obviously its really centered around making heatran dissapear, and then wrecking the place with a powerful banded Sacred Fire spam. It handles M-Metagross well, it handles gliscor well, it can work around landorus decently well, and it makes rotom-w manageable.

What this team does NOT do well: It is absolutely wrecked by Staraptor. Although rare, bravebird will Ohko Entei, Lando, and Keldeo; and close combat will destroy bisharp. Additionally, if its carrying final gambit it will put clefa and mlatias in ko range.

A ddance haxorus will also outspeed and ko my entire team, the only thing keeping him away are draco meteors before he gets boosted and the possibility of a twave or burn, but theres not much I can do against its massive attack.

A suicune could also pretty much wall my team, although theyre a pretty rare sight nowadays.

Edited for clarity, and improved explanations.

Suggestions are very much appreciated.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)