Ability: Justified
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Secret Sword
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Hiya! This team is pretty interesting, and as stated above, you need at least 3 lines of description for each Pokemon, stating their role on the team, why you chose them, and their set. Click here to see the RMT Rules.
Onto the rate!
  • For Dragonite, I would use an EV spread of 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe over 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe. It may seem like a small nitpick, but you don't really need to invest in Special Attack if it's not being used. Also, I would recommend using Outrage over Dragon Claw and Thunder Punch over Ice Punch. Outrage is essential to Dragonite, as it allows it to OHKO many threats that Dragon Claw would not. Take a look at these calcs:
    [*]252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Dragon Claw vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 229-270 (70.8 - 83.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

[*]252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Outrage vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 343-405 (106.1 - 125.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

[*]252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Dragon Claw vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Gyarados: 204-241 (61.6 - 72.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

[*]252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Outrage vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Gyarados: 306-360 (92.4 - 108.7%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

[*]252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Dragon Claw vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 240-283 (74.3 - 87.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

[*]252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Outrage vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 360-424 (111.4 - 131.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

As you can see, it is imperative to have Outrage. Thunder Punch over Ice Punch is for the sake of hitting Pokemon like Skarmory and Azumarill super-effectively. Dragonite can't hit Skarmory otherwise, and most Azumarill variants are OHKO'd by it.
  • On Talonflame, I would make the following changes:
    Overheat to Roost - Overheat Talonflame, while it may seem great and a surprise move, will not benefit you as much as Roost would because Talonflame is generally frail. Having priority recovery ensures that Talonflame can stay in the game longer, which is important to its ability to sweep. If you want to keep the element of surprise to hit physical walls, then you can keep Overheat but Roost is generally preferred.
    252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe Naive to 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe Jolly - This is in the case that you choose the above suggestion, because you wouldn't need to invest in special attack and there is no reason in doing so. This goes with Jolly, to increase speed while hindering the unneeded special attack.
    Life Orb to Shark Beak - This is also optional, but Sharp Beak is generally preferred because you are mostly going to be using Brave Bird on Talonflame, and Life Orb, while it provides you with more power than Sharp Beak, makes Talonflame very frail and wears it out quickly when stacked with Brave Bird Recoil.
  • I would replace Pursuit with Stealth Rock on Metagross. While Pursuit trapping can be helpful in certain cases, Stealth Rock coincides with your set and provides your team with a decent way of laying down hazards. Hazards are very important in the OU metagame, and having a way to lay them down is important.
  • Since you're using a Calm Mind Slowbro, I would recommend switching Leftovers to Slowbroite. Mega Slowbro gets Shell Armor, which lets Slowbro pull an effective CroBro set without losing to critical hits. In addition, the mega gets bolstered defensive stats, which helps wall many Pokemon. You don't have to worry about recovery, either, as you have Slack Off.
  • On Keldeo, you don't need dual Fighting STAB, so I would recommend replacing Focus Blast with Calm Mind or Icy Wind. Focus Blast is unnecessary, because Secret Sword does the job and comes with the added bonus of being able to remove special walls such as Chansey through its use of the Defense stat. You can use either Calm Mind as a boosting utility to power up your moves and hit harder, or Icy Wind as a coverage move that lowers the speed of the opponent, allowing you to possibly outspeed and KO a Pokemon you wouldn't usually outspeed. Icy Wind also OHKO's Dragonite (without Multiscale) and Garchomp.
Remember, these are only suggestions, you don't have to use them all. I hope I helped!
Good luck on your team! =)

Hiya! This team is pretty interesting, and as stated above, you need at least 3 lines of description for each Pokemon, stating their role on the team, why you chose them, and their set. Click here to see the RMT Rules.
Onto the rate!
  • For Dragonite, I would use an EV spread of 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe over 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe. It may seem like a small nitpick, but you don't really need to invest in Special Attack if it's not being used. Also, I would recommend using Outrage over Dragon Claw and Thunder Punch over Ice Punch. Outrage is essential to Dragonite, as it allows it to OHKO many threats that Dragon Claw would not. Take a look at these calcs:
    [*]252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Dragon Claw vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 229-270 (70.8 - 83.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

[*]252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Outrage vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 343-405 (106.1 - 125.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

[*]252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Dragon Claw vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Gyarados: 204-241 (61.6 - 72.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

[*]252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Outrage vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Gyarados: 306-360 (92.4 - 108.7%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

[*]252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Dragon Claw vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 240-283 (74.3 - 87.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

[*]252+ Atk Choice Band Dragonite Outrage vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 360-424 (111.4 - 131.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

As you can see, it is imperative to have Outrage. Thunder Punch over Ice Punch is for the sake of hitting Pokemon like Skarmory and Azumarill super-effectively. Dragonite can't hit Skarmory otherwise, and most Azumarill variants are OHKO'd by it.
  • On Talonflame, I would make the following changes:
    Overheat to Roost - Overheat Talonflame, while it may seem great and a surprise move, will not benefit you as much as Roost would because Talonflame is generally frail. Having priority recovery ensures that Talonflame can stay in the game longer, which is important to its ability to sweep. If you want to keep the element of surprise to hit physical walls, then you can keep Overheat but Roost is generally preferred.
    252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe Naive to 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe Jolly - This is in the case that you choose the above suggestion, because you wouldn't need to invest in special attack and there is no reason in doing so. This goes with Jolly, to increase speed while hindering the unneeded special attack.
    Life Orb to Shark Beak - This is also optional, but Sharp Beak is generally preferred because you are mostly going to be using Brave Bird on Talonflame, and Life Orb, while it provides you with more power than Sharp Beak, makes Talonflame very frail and wears it out quickly when stacked with Brave Bird Recoil.
  • I would replace Pursuit with Stealth Rock on Metagross. While Pursuit trapping can be helpful in certain cases, Stealth Rock coincides with your set and provides your team with a decent way of laying down hazards. Hazards are very important in the OU metagame, and having a way to lay them down is important.
  • Since you're using a Calm Mind Slowbro, I would recommend switching Leftovers to Slowbroite. Mega Slowbro gets Shell Armor, which lets Slowbro pull an effective CroBro set without losing to critical hits. In addition, the mega gets bolstered defensive stats, which helps wall many Pokemon. You don't have to worry about recovery, either, as you have Slack Off.
  • On Keldeo, you don't need dual Fighting STAB, so I would recommend replacing Focus Blast with Calm Mind or Icy Wind. Focus Blast is unnecessary, because Secret Sword does the job and comes with the added bonus of being able to remove special walls such as Chansey through its use of the Defense stat. You can use either Calm Mind as a boosting utility to power up your moves and hit harder, or Icy Wind as a coverage move that lowers the speed of the opponent, allowing you to possibly outspeed and KO a Pokemon you wouldn't usually outspeed. Icy Wind also OHKO's Dragonite (without Multiscale) and Garchomp.
Remember, these are only suggestions, you don't have to use them all. I hope I helped!
Good luck on your team! =)
What anime is in your signature and those suggestions are accurate. He also needs to get a defogger or spinner since he is weak to rocks.

What anime is in your signature and those suggestions are accurate. He also needs to get a defogger or spinner since he is weak to rocks.
Here's the scene from the movie ^^
And for the spinner/defogger issue, a bulky Defog Scizor set may work. Maybe a set like this:
Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Light Metal/Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
I'm not sure how well it would work, since Mega Scizor is more suited towards a defog set, but I'm sure it could work. If not, then I would suggest fitting an EQ Latias somewhere on the team (probably replacing an electric-weak member.) Not only would it benefit the team, because Latias is bulky enough to pull off Defog, it'll give the team the electric resist that it needs (three of the Pokemon on this team are weak to Electric and no Pokemon sans Metagross can really deal with them.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)