DOU Doubles Invitational - Semi Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braverius

snowls
is a Past SPL Champion
After lucking me to get into this tournament and lucking everyone (including me again), Tricking has proceeded to luck me in top cut.

You are truly the epitome of lucky and bad, thanks for wasting all the time I put into this circuit.
Coming from someone who I'd had said a lot of good things about who got pretty damn lucky against me earlier in the tournament, I'm more than disappointed. Are you seriously telling someone he wouldn't have got here without luck when you might have done so yourself? I'm not at all salty about our matches, but the hypocrisy here is terrible. You may be a very good player, and you put in a respectable amount of effort to this tournament, but you aren't ever entitled to a win. I'm not saying this is how your battle went down, but especially in a tournament with a lot of high-level players like this, you have to expect that a little bit of luck one way or another may swing a battle due to how close some of these matchups are. (On a note of irony, in round 2, I included you in a joke about this exact type of thing that wasn't even directed at you and had you on the opposite end of it.)

Also, nearly every single thread has had some sort of insult to Tricking in it, and the guy hasn't even done anything wrong. How is the community going to grow when we're bashing someone who literally didn't even do anything, but for some reason it's okay for salty posts and unwarranted personal attacks to fly around?

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
The problem here is that you're assuming "a little bit of luck". This is not a little bit, this is every single round since the freakin Major tournament. If it were a sole round people wouldn't be reacting in such a manner and the reason (justified or not) there are insults is because this is consistent and people get mad. If I had to go through multiple threads receiving crap from people but had the luck of a deity I'd take that deal in a second.

Braverius

snowls
is a Past SPL Champion
"Every single round since the major"? Hello? You're telling this to the guy who knocked him out of the Major and he definitely didn't have the "luck of a deity" in our match, and barring one pivotal turn in game two he actually played well (game one I had a slightly stronger team matchup and it kind of ended up with me being a turn ahead, game two it was about even, he outplayed me by a mile early but made a single poor decision late in the game that ended up swinging it in my favor.)

I'm not even sure how you think that your last sentence means anything to this, and I'm not sure why you even tried to defend yourself. There is nothing to defend here, regardless of how unjustified you feel his winning is. Having it happen in multiple rounds is still no justification for peoples' anger. I'm sorry for dragging this out further, but it needs to be clear that this type of thing isn't okay and shouldn't be happening in nearly every single Invitational thread.

finally

how can you swallow so much sleep?
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
i wanted to say i have had a great time from the very beggining of this circuit
i remember first hearing about it and being super hyped to showcase some of my new teams (imagine 3 months into smogon doubles finally)
i was just hoping to get 100 points to make invitationals. to my surprise not only did i make it to invitationals, but also top cutted
i would like to thank all my friends who helped me test, were moral support, and kept pokemon real
KyleCole man i was so ready to bring wobb in the finals. you also were my #1 test buddy. i accredit much of my success to your tireless testing and retesting with me be it from mechanics to seeing if a team was actually good
shrop05 all the lc vgc ubers and uu practice made my doubles game that much better buddy
deoxys speed FreakingAggronthebagman keeping the cc1v1 game fresh as hell
mouse de frank for bringing fukn clamperl to test serious teams with me ahahahahha
BLOOD TOTEM for staying in 100% of the time on things you knew would kill you
TGMD for taking 3 fukn hours per b03 and skyping with Lasagne and TRC and introducing hentai. you nz buddies will never be forgotten
Hashtag for protecting me from campers and art (you too Shaian)
Benja299 our hero, our champion, our king. banjo
Joryn for making sure i wasnt ever bored in class >:3
Memoric for testing in the morning for a solid like 3 weeks every single morning (your night). one of my most active teambuilding periods was fueled solely by you
xzern HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Pwnemon youve taught me so much in and out of pokemon on purpose and by accident. sincerely, thank you
iliketrains11 for reminding me why i play this game on the daily

i would also like to thank all the tournament directors for devoting your time and also stepping out of tourneys to host. your selflessness really means a lot to me
Mizuhime, xzern, Pwnemon, srk1214, Laga, Arcticblast, and Level 51

and finally to Smith and Tan for teaching me doubles

the rest of you get s/os in my rmt >:3

i wanted to say i have had a great time from the very beggining of this circuit
i remember first hearing about it and being super hyped to showcase some of my new teams (imagine 3 months into smogon doubles finally)
i was just hoping to get 100 points to make invitationals. to my surprise not only did i make it to invitationals, but also top cutted
i would like to thank all my friends who helped me test, were moral support, and kept pokemon real
KyleCole man i was so ready to bring wobb in the finals. you also were my #1 test buddy. i accredit much of my success to your tireless testing and retesting with me be it from mechanics to seeing if a team was actually good
shrop05 all the lc vgc ubers and uu practice made my doubles game that much better buddy
deoxys speed FreakingAggronthebagman keeping the cc1v1 game fresh as hell
mouse de frank for bringing fukn clamperl to test serious teams with me ahahahahha
BLOOD TOTEM for staying in 100% of the time on things you knew would kill you
TGMD for taking 3 fukn hours per b03 and skyping with Lasagne and TRC and introducing hentai. you nz buddies will never be forgotten
Hashtag for protecting me from campers and art (you too Shaian)
Benja299 our hero, our champion, our king. banjo
Joryn for making sure i wasnt ever bored in class >:3
Memoric for testing in the morning for a solid like 3 weeks every single morning (your night). one of my most active teambuilding periods was fueled solely by you
xzern HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Pwnemon youve taught me so much in and out of pokemon on purpose and by accident. sincerely, thank you
iliketrains11 for reminding me why i play this game on the daily

i would also like to thank all the tournament directors for devoting your time and also stepping out of tourneys to host. your selflessness really means a lot to me
Mizuhime, xzern, Pwnemon, srk1214, Laga, Arcticblast, and Level 51

and finally to Smith and Tan for teaching me doubles

the rest of you get s/os in my rmt >:3
ily2 finally!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)