Project OU Theorymon [Voting: Check Post #3272]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The dreaded reckoning has come sadly. With the unappatizing of the past slates, many wondered if this was worth chugging through till the next slate, but those who did persevered till we came with todays victors!

Sadly, not all could be equal as with the case of Camerupt with 2 votes. Many agreed with a way of blasting Rotom-W and others wasnt gonna capitalize him up past the other fire types of OU and just get past its other flaws.

Then you get the second place fellows and are surprised to see two gather the same following as with the case of [BLevitate Probopass[/B] and Unaware Registeel. The two operate on different ends, what with one acting as an intriguing unaware mon without recovery and the other being a stop to most ground types under most cases. Yes both were not perfect, but the utility and support was something not to be underestimated even if combined they could not topple the cheif. (EDIT: At the time of this writing, it was six to six, and im to lazy to change the writing so ignore that)

Then the might of the winner, a titan of bulk now capable of carving out a worthwhile niche that many didnt know if it was enough and yet others approved of it more than any other (previous three combined equaled this one) of Simple Mega Audino with 14 votes. With a niche capable of getting it out from beneath the shadow of the pink space invader and getting over a niche of being outclassed as a bulky CM user, it will be interesting to see how well this thing works and if it will do well in the current theorymon meta.

Once more, the votes are:

Mega Audino +Simple: 14

Probopass + Levitate: 6

Registeel + Unaware: 7 (EDIT: Again, was six at the time of writing)

Mega Cametupt with Energy Ball: 2

Now to our next slate!

Tauros + Extreme Speed
(presented by Jaroda)

Mega Ampharos + Wish
(As seen on TV with Pipotchi)

Crobat + Aerilate
(Heard from....hm, lost that card somewhere)

Tornadus + Competitive
(Told to us by this guys child, Hogg)

Happy discussion yall!

Last edited:
So I'm not missing anything, the moves that Crobat get that benefit from Aerilate are Quick Attack, Return/Frustration, and possibly Super Fang, right? I can't think of any others that would gain anything from the boost and type change.

Quick Attack from a base 90 attack stat tho. :| It's hardly going to take the place of Talonflame's Brave Birds.

I'm all for Normal types becoming more useful so I'm rather biased in Tauros's favour at the moment.

Tauros is certainly interesting given that kind of priority, whether it's running Intimidate to get in or Sheer Force for power. Main issue I see it facing is lack of a means of boosting outside Work Up, with its attack being a rather "meh" 100, though base 110 speed is a plus for matching up with offense.

Ampharos I think is interesting as far as getting Wish, since it gives it options for two roles/problems: Recovery for itself, and a way to benefit Volt Switching. In fact, Ampharos might make for a decently interesting cleric considering it also has Heal Bell, and Volt Switch to get its teammates in unscathed.

Crobat would benefit from Aerilate on 2 moves in particular: Return over Brave Bird, and Unblockable Super Fang. Return hits harder AND has no recoil, which is important considering one of Crobat's prime options is Defog and it needs high BP backing its mediocre attack. Super Fang also means Crobat can't be outright walled by opposing mons on Stall, weakening them before going out to a counter. Crobat's speed tier (for a non-Mega) is more valuable than before, so extra power to back it goes a long way. It's already faster than most of the game, and considering its mediocre attack stat, I don't think Quick Attack is quite worth it as it is on Pinsir.

Tornadus is the one I'm the most split on. Not because it isn't an improvement, but because in general I'm skeptical on Defiant/Competitive mons. This would stop Lando-T from coming in, since it or the U-Turn is taking a +2 Hurricane, and he's not going mixed to use his boosts. However, I'm never quite sold on these types outside Bisharp, because Bisharp's typing is what makes him so good at it. Bisharp threatens OU's two most common Defoggers in the Latis thanks to Pursuit, and presents a decent threat to a weakened Mega Scizor with the boost. His typing means that barring particular coverage options from Latios, he's able to switch into the Latis' attacks and win unboosted, or at least create mind games, so he's not dependent on their choice for BOTH turns. Tornadus can't come in on anything except Defog and win unless Latios has some prior damage (at least 1 SR and two LO recoil) without the boost, being OHKO'd by Psyshock after SR, Draco regardless, and Surf w/ SR and LO recoil with max damage roll.
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Surf vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tornadus: 155-182 (51.8 - 60.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Tornadus Hurricane vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Latios: 208-247 (69.5 - 82.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
In short, my big issue with Defiant/Competitive users tends to be that they have to still be a decent match-up with the Defog user if they don't get the boost to do their job effectively. If Latios can beat Tornadus if it's unboosted, it can just abstain from Defogging until Tornadus is weakened, or until in a position where Tornadus can be revenged. The abilities depend heavily on what the opponent does to work to their fullest, which turns the 50/50's from being in your favor (in Bisharp's case) into the opponent's favor, if not an outright loss for your mon.

Where do people suggest theorymons anyway, because (topically because Tornadus is on the slate this time) I've always thought the most obvious and probably beneficial change it would get would be Defog. (Which it would totally get if it was a tutor IMO. Choose either priority Defog, or Regenerator AV pivot defog! Handy stuff.) After that any other kind of Tornadus change kinda makes me... eh, sorry :|

How useful is an unblockable Super Fang really? Sableye is nice to whittle down I guess, but what can you really do to it after that initial Super Fang? I guess a stallbreaker set with Taunt might be useful, but Crobat doesn't really have many other stallbreaking moves and Taunt won't even work on MSableye - plus Burn sucks for Crobat. And there's next to zero other notable ghosts :/ Gengar, and... that's it IIRC :|

Where do people suggest theorymons anyway, because (topically because Tornadus is on the slate this time) I've always thought the most obvious and probably beneficial change it would get would be Defog. (Which it would totally get if it was a tutor IMO. Choose either priority Defog, or Regenerator AV pivot defog! Handy stuff.) After that any other kind of Tornadus change kinda makes me... eh, sorry :|

How useful is an unblockable Super Fang really? Sableye is nice to whittle down I guess, but what can you really do to it after that initial Super Fang? I guess a stallbreaker set with Taunt might be useful, but Crobat doesn't really have many other stallbreaking moves and Taunt won't even work on MSableye - plus Burn sucks for Crobat. And there's next to zero other notable ghosts :/ Gengar, and... that's it IIRC :|
VM me, sun king, salemance, vertex, unfixable, or valmanway

basically anyone from the "council"

Where do people suggest theorymons anyway
PM Salemance , Sun King , or anyone else in charge of this.

edit while typing: god dammit mysteria

Onto this slate tho... big improvement over the last. Alright fucking ANYTHING is a big improvement over the last thread and even so these aren't the best but still.
E-speed Tauros someone is going to need to explain to me because that doesn't seem like it'll stop it from being ass.
Aerilate Crobat seems kinda cool but at the same time really niche; gonna have to look into it more.
Competitive Tornadus I have no idea how it'd work so not gonna comment
But what's really standing out to me and unless I can be convinced on Torn the one I'll be voting for is Mega Ampharos + Wish. Fuck. Yes. This should be such a big buff to itself and defensive cores it's not even funny; wish support is amazing as well as any method of self-recovery. I'm not too learned on how Mega Amph works but if it can find a move slot for it, the combination of bulk, massive offensive presence and healing at the same time is sure to be a great buff.

But what's really standing out to me and unless I can be convinced on Torn the one I'll be voting for is Mega Ampharos + Wish. Fuck. Yes. This should be such a big buff to itself and defensive cores it's not even funny; wish support is amazing as well as any method of self-recovery. I'm not too learned on how Mega Amph works but if it can find a move slot for it, the combination of bulk, massive offensive presence and healing at the same time is sure to be a great buff.
Thanks, guys. If someone else doesn't and Torny doesn't win this one I might suggest Defog Tornadus for a future slate.

Wish happens at the end of the next turn, right? So hypothetically MegaAmpharos could Wish on an attack (that presumably won't 2HKO) or a switch, and then tank another hit the next turn for a slow Volt Switch, bringing in a weaker Pokemon safely AND with healing. That's pretty good; a lot of the time I've tried to pass wishes, it's just incredibly risky when the Pokemon who needs the Wish is in KO range and the two-turn thing limits your opportunities. So Wish+Volt Switch could be really cool support, ESPECIALLY with MAmpharos's resistances and bulk. Then two moves for... eh. Kind of 4MSS there. And passing wishes that way means you might be tanking 2 moves, or one Super Effective one, which means without Protect you're going to find it tough to Wish again. Further 4MSS!

Based on Tornadus's ability in Defiant, Competitive definitely seems to fit right in. However, I don't really get the point of Aerilate on Crobat (it fits flavor-wise I guess, but aside from a strong quick attack from scarfers [which m-pinsir does anyways], it doesn't really have great Normal-type moves to use. And Super Fang still does 50% of the original health, I don't think this changes much).

Wish Mega Ampharos would obviously really benefit from the move, helping defensive cores and acting as an absolutely amazing check to Tornadus-T (who will probably rise up now to a become very important threat), Thundurus (180 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Hidden Power Ice vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Mega Ampharos: 146-174 (38.1 - 45.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO), and DD regular Gyarados. It can also generally check Flying spam/Electric-types with this addition consistently. It would probably be seen on balance/bulky offense teams imo and this addition is really helpful for a Pokemon that almost always requires Wish support to use as a defensive mon.

edit: what the guy below said: regular ampharos won't be used above like nu or pu or whatever, it's better to list the more relevant threat. it's not like analysis procedure or anything and this is what's already been done for the thread. although you do bring up a good point, it doesn't really make too much difference

edit2: ExtremeSpeed won't really do much for tauros; it's not gonna be a sweeper, it's gonna be a wallbreaker, and nowhere near OU imo. All this does is make it less revenge-killable and a mon that can potentially wreck offensive teams in lower tiers

Last edited:

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I will post calcs later when I'm not on my phone, but with Hurricane/Heat Wave/HP Ice, Tornadus basically outspeeds and OHKOs every defogger in the tier, barring some oddities like bulky Mega-Latias. On the other hand, unlike Bisharp, it has to worry about switching into a Latios Draco Meteor, so it's not going to be a guaranteed stop to said defoggers.

I suggested it because I wanted to see a competitive use of Competitive, since that doesn't really exist right now. I'll post more thoughts (and calcs) later when I get to a computer.

Thank freaking god no more Regenerator
I'm the biggest fan of Wish Mega Ampharos. I mean, holy crap, that makes it a fantastic pivot since it has Volt Switch and the likes. (Rip Fur Coat Amph, that's a lot better than Cotton Guard.) This is defiantly where my vote is going.

Tauros doesn't need E-Speed. That really isn't its problem. It has a lot of other problems that prevent it from being good and E-Speed doesn't help it. Entei, Dragonite and Lucario do the job better. Besides, didn't Braviary win E-Speed in the old thread? If that's still active, then that completely outclasses Tauros.

Crobat is bleh. Someone above me already said the problems and I don't feel like repeating them.

Competitive Tornadus is pretty cool, but unfortunately, it doesn't get a boost from Sticky Web like sharp does. Also, Hurricane is a pretty risky move. Having that low accuracy doesn't appeal to me. I mean, I might be interested in this one, but Wish Ampharos is soooo much cooler.

Last edited:
Competitive Tornadus is pretty cool, but unfortunately, it doesn't get a boost from Sticky Web like sharp does. Also, Hurricane is a pretty risky move. Having that low accuracy doesn't appeal to me. I mean, I might be interested in this one, but Wish Ampharos is soooo much cooler.
Sticky Web is really uncommon and for a speedy 'mon like Tornadus, it wouldn't like the speed drop from Web anyway. It's more meant to take intimidates and such.

Actually which Tornadus is this; Therian or Incarnate?

I'd assume Incarnate form, since a) it's the default b) works similarly to Incarnate's Defiant and c) Incarnate needs more help :O But I could be wrong!

(For reminer's sake, Tornadus-I's stats are 79/115/70/125/80/111.)

I really like Tornadus-I thematically, especially where Thundurus gets Defiant. It would at least give it a good shot at being good in OU, and it also has the special movepool to compliment STAB Hurricane. It has a lot of the same support tools Thundy has as well, including Knock Off and Taunt. Overall a good option. Also, Tornadus isn't affected by Sticky Web in any way, don't know where that's coming from.

I really like Mega Amphy and Wish. It's defensive sets are already RestTalk-based and WishTect is a lot better than that. Volt Switch and Wish is also appealing. This seems like it could easily be a favorite.

Banded Tauros ESpeed seems awesome. Dragonite is already good because of that, and Tauros gets STAB on ESpeed to boot. I might vote for this just to see the bull relive it's Gen 1 glory days. Between ESpeed, Double-Edge and that randomly wide Gen 1 Normal type movepool it's got enough options for great coverage on a Band set.

Not too hot on Crobat atm. Unblockable Super Fang is cool, I guess.

Alrighty, New slate!

Crobat + Aerialate
Good plan, take a non with normal priority and speed, give an ability that boosts its stab and you can't go wrong.

But I really don't believe a fast defog and an unblockable super fang are enough to use it over other bird spammers

Tauros + Extreme Speed
I mean, CB intimidate sets and sheer force life orb are guaranteed money, but I'm a little concerned About its coverage against things like sableye and scarmory. Didn't we just have a fast normal type with coverage issues?

Mega Ampharos + Wish
Man I miss regenerator amphy. How long has it been since I said how much I loved that guy? Too freaking long. Are we allowed to submit ideas that have already been used? Cuz I want that guy back.

Anyway, wish isn't regenerator, but it's still good. Base 90 hp is pretty lacking for passing, but Amph don't care about waiting a turn. It can take hits like a pro. Plus, nobody wants to take an attack, even a bp 70 attack from that monstrous 165 SpA.

Tornadus + Competitive
I'm iffy on these anti hazard clearing abilities. They are fun to use, but they are anything but to be used on. I was slow to convert to defog, as bisharp's dominance during the days of deoxys was ridiculous, and I really don't want to go back to that.

Luckily, I don't think Torn would do that, so for the reasons already listed above, this one probably has my vote. Can't wait to see what happens though, great slate

Last edited:
I'll post calcs for crobat later, as it was my idea, but it hits a lot harder than you'd think. It's great for cleaning up once you've removed priority users from the game. I think Super Fang is great to soften defensive switch ins durning the early to mid game, but this thing will shine as a late game cleaner due to that fantastic speed tier.

Damn, despite my love for Wish Amphy, all this reasoning for Competitive really has me torn on my vote.
... it was funnier in my head.
Regardless I think I need a little more convincing on Tauros as like a few past slates it now seems to be two very obvious good ones (nadus/amph) and two... eh ones.

Espeed Tauros is doing nothing for me, I just don't think it hits hard enough to warrant using over other priority users in this meta. Add to that that it doesn't have any worthwhile way to set up and that Espeed doesn't really get any benefit from Tauros' abilities and it's looking fairly subpar to the rest of the slate.

Aerilate Crobat seems fairly decent, it's the only -ate ability user with the ability to clear hazards. Return is a nice improvement over Brave Bird thanks to its lack of recoil, but to be honest I think Crobat is fast enough that Quick Attack isn't really worth the use of a moveslot. That said, the reason I don't like this pick that much is because it doesn't really significantly change the way Crobat works. It doesn't damage itself with its primary STAB and its Super Fang is unblockable, but that's more or less it - it's Crobat, just slightly better.

Competitive Torn-I is pretty decent, and definitely an upgrade over Torn-I as it is now, but I'd like this a lot better if it wasn't so reliant on inaccurate moves for damage. You're probably gonna want Hurricane and Focus Blast, but both of these moves are so notoriously unreliable that I don't think this would really work properly outside of rain teams. You can use Air Slash and Heat Wave instead but the damage drop is real, and these moves are both slightly inaccurate themselves. This is a nice ability but it doesn't really fix the problems that make Torn-I an iffy pick in OU as it is. If I had to choose between this or Bisharp as my Defog punisher I'd pick Bisharp 90% of the time tbh.

The one I like the most is Wish Ampharos. You have yourself a cleric that can hit hard and also pass wishes to Teammates with Volt Switch, scoring some bonus damage in the process. Typically clerics are so passive that you only consistently see them on defensive teams, this is something that can sling some damage about. The only problem is that I can see it running into problems with 4MSS. You want Volt Switch, Thunderbolt, Dragon Pulse, Wish, Protect and Heal Bell all on the same set, so you've got some pretty tough choices to make. Still, this is my favourite mon on the slate because it's something unique with a valuable new niche.

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
OK, now that I'm on an actual computer, I can post a more complete post.

So, Tornadus-I with Competitive was my idea. It always bothered me that Tornadus-I was the only unviable Incarnate Genie, and also that Competitive, as an ability, didn't get any viable users. Thinking about Defiant Thundy, I realized that Torn could easily fit into both.

Anyhow, yeah, the obvious advantage to Defiant is the ability to discourage Defog. Tornadus is both good and bad here. Unlike Bisharp, it can outspeed and OHKO every single defogger in the tier if it switches into a Defog, even ones that Bisharp has trouble with such as Mega-Scizor, Mandibuzz, Skarmory and Zapdos:

• +2 252 SpA Life Orb Tornadus Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 697-821 (208.6 - 245.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO (Focus Blast also OHKOs with plenty to spare)
  • +2 252 SpA Life Orb Tornadus Hurricane vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Latias: 363-426 (120.5 - 141.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • +2 252 SpA Life Orb Tornadus Heat Wave vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Mega Scizor: 1040-1227 (303.2 - 357.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO (Hurricane also OHKOs with plenty to spare)
  • +2 252 SpA Life Orb Tornadus Hurricane vs. 248 HP / 108 SpD Mandibuzz: 422-499 (99.7 - 117.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
  • +2 252 SpA Life Orb Tornadus Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Empoleon: 471-556 (126.6 - 149.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • +2 252 SpA Life Orb Tornadus Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Zapdos: 286-337 (74.4 - 87.7%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (or run HP Ice for a guaranteed OHKO)
So yeah, that's pretty nice. But unlike Bisharp, it can't Pursuit trap the Lati twins, by far the most prominent Defoggers by usage, and you pretty much have to predict the Defog or else get OHKO'd by Draco Meteor. You also have obvious reliability issues when using Hurricane outside of rain teams. So, this is definitely not putting Bisharp out of a job.

On the other hand, Defog is not the only instance where Competitive gets activated. Lando-T is still by far the most heavily used pokemon in the tier, and this punishes it in a way that Bisharp could only dream. In fact, with access to U-turn, you can run a Scarf Tornadus that would be pretty great - you can safely run Modest for a power boost, since Modest Tornadus is actually faster than Jolly Lando-T. With a Competitive boost and rocks damage, Modest Tornadus actually has a 70% chance to OHKO Lando-T with Heat Wave before it can U-turn out or try for the Stone Edge OHKO, or it can try for Hurricane, which is almost impossible to switch into at +2. Hell, even Chansey is 2HKO'd by Modest Tornadus' Focus Blast at +2.

• +2 252+ SpA Tornadus Heat Wave vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 266-313 (83.3 - 98.1%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
  • +2 252+ SpA Tornadus Focus Blast vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 284-336 (44.2 - 52.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
So I see three potential sets: LO anti-Defog support, Modest Scarf, and rain support. I certainly don't think that Tornadus would be overwhelming with this change - with no way to boost its Special Attack outside of Competitive, you're really reliant on team matchups to get this kind of damage - but my hope was to make both Tornadus and Competitive OU viable.

Of course, it got slated against Wish Amphy, which is incredibly cool and which is going to be hard to vote against. Aerilate Crobat is also pretty cool - Aerilate Return hits like Brave Bird without recoil, so stallbreaking Crobat sets won't end up killing themselves in the process. I play a lot of UU, and often bring UU threats into the OU tier, and I can definitely say that both Crobat and Mega-Amphy really only need a small boost to become OU viable. The only thing this slate that doesn't really speak to me is ES Tauros, which is neat but probably still not OU viable - it hits a little harder than Dragonite's ES, but even with Intimidate it doesn't have the ease of switching in that Multiscale offers, nor does it have the nuke option of CB Outrage.

Last edited:
I've always considered submitting Aerialate bat, but simply put, a limited array of normal moves held me back, namely a lack of special moves for a Nasty Plot set: no sound, which is weird because a bat should have Hyper Voice... but the best move it has for that is Swift... unless you like Uproar or Hyper Beam. If this thing had Hyper Voice, we'd have a completely different monster on our hands because of the ability to choose to go physical or special is a dangerous mind game.

It leaves it as a physical attacker, but the only way this thing can boost is with Curse... I don't need to explain why that's a terrible move on something this fast.

I'm guessing it's outclassed by Talonflame who is only 4 points slower, has much stronger priority and has a more than likely superior STAB.

Pinsir's doesn't even use its bug STAB and it uses the coveted mega slot, but Earthquake or Close Combat are far better as far as coverage goes and Sword Dance negates much need to care.

I guess you could Super Fang ghosts, which will do more to a defensive mega Sableye than max Adamant Aerial Return.

Tornadus scares me. While it cannot trap the defoggers, the enemy has to decide what wants to take a hit? If the answer's Chansey, then Knock Off, even without the boost, is still a viable option.

EDIT:
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Tornadus Focus Blast vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 338-398 (52.6 - 61.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Scratch that then: not even Chansey wants to switch in on this thing.

Last edited:
Crobat + Aerilate
Not a big fan of this one. The only moves it can use are quick attack and return. Crobat's main niche is a fast defogger, and as an aerilate attacker, mega pinsir pretty much outclasses it. Crobat's attack stat also is pretty mediocre.

Mega Ampharos + Wish
This guy would be a pretty good pivot with wish and volt switch. It has a decent defensive typing, and it's not totally outclassed by stuff like alomomola because it has an offensive presence. It could also be a cleric since it gets heal bell, but I guess it's kind of a waste of a mega slot.

Tornadus + Competitive
This one is probably my favorite. Considering that lando-t is literally EVERYWHERE, you could possibly run scarf tornadus, catch the +2 boost and then use heatwave or hurricane. It could also work as a defog stopper, because once tornadus gets to +2, your team is literally going to be blown apart.

Tauros + E speed
Kinda iffy on this one. Tauros already has decent speed (110), but it's attack stat is still kind of mediocre. It does get a really spammable move in e speed that helps it out against offense, it still has trouble getting around stall mons like mega bro, mega sableye, and skarmory. (If not running fire blast)

Mega amphy and tornadus are definitely the ones that are getting the most votes, but I still don't know which one to vote on :|

Tauros:
I must say that E-speed tauros sounds interesting. Sadly, that does not equate to OU viable, but it would be pretty good in uu or ru.
Crobat:
Super fang being spammable would be lovely, and having a reliable flying type move that won't chip away at its puny health would be pretty great. one other consideration: it would be able to check fairy types quite well, unlike t-flame. Still an outsider though.
Tornadus:
Clever, and would hit like a truck. The low accuracy of his moves does concern me greatly. If you miss, your team may be in trouble. Heat wave would be marvelous on him though.
Mega ampheros:
With wish, he'd be much more survivable and therefore useful. as above mentioned, a support mon who is offensively capable is a great asset. If he weren't a mega or land-t weren't so common, he'd be S ranked.

E Speed Tauros
This doesn't sound very good at all. There are better users of priority, even with STAB it wouldn't be able to compete with most other priority users such as Breloom and Scizoar.
Aerilate Crobat
This would be a nice bonus to it, I think this would be great. However I see this being used differently, as a choice band user. With the same basic set as its choice band set, but replacing brave bird with double edge to hit even harder than Brave Bird. I like this one, but I have to say that the next two are better.
Competitive Tornadus
I wish that this was real. It would hit hard and a switch in from an opponent's Lando T could just end the game for them. I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if this wound up with an S rank. Its a nice boost that is my favorite right now.
Mega Ampharos
Almost purely by being able to do damage this would put lots of clerics out of use by outclassing it. If this wasn't a mega I would like this the best. I think I would stick with Megas on most of my teams.

Well my idea was the Mega Ampharos with Wish so I might as well add something regarding it.

I really like Wish on this pokemon because not only is it a utility pokemon that can deal a lot of damage, but it now can also be a straight-up wall to many pokemon in OU. Here's some calcs with a few different OU pokemon using 252 Special Attack Modest M-Amph, not even fully invested in defenses:

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Ampharos in Sun: 144-171 (37.5 - 44.5%)

0- Atk Mega Charizard Y Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Ampharos: 128-152 (33.3 - 39.5%)

252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Ampharos: 113-133 (29.4 - 34.6%)

44+ Atk Mega Scizor Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Ampharos: 73-86 (19 - 22.3%)

252 SpA Mega Manectric Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Ampharos: 124-148 (32.2 - 38.5%)

252 SpA Rotom-W Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Ampharos: 72-84 (18.7 - 21.8%)

Mega Ampharos can now switch in and wall all of these pokemon, as well as threatening them with some pretty heavy damage if they choose to stay in. I imagine that people could even use physically/specially defensive M-Amph with success in order to cover particular threats (allows it to avoid 2hkos from things life LO Analytic Starmie Ice Beam). Its also a wishpasser completely immune to Trick and Knock Off only is 65 BP against it, which counts for something.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)