Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack
I want a team with these 3 pokes.
Basically, I went to the VR Good Cores thread, and while scrolling through, I found a core that interested me. SD Terrakion+DD Altaria. Terrakion removes all the steels (All are literally 1-2HKO at +2 after rocks). Whimsicott provides a slow bulky U-turner, which is why Lagging Tail is on the team. This mon was also ripped directly from the VR Underrated sets thread. It can come in on bro, encore it, and then U-turn out into something else, like Altaria to get a safe switch and a DD. I don't take scald damage on Alt, which is another reason I like it. Altaria is the ripped from the Victim of the week thread. Spread can be changed to whatever you like. Terrakion may be subbed out for a SD+PH Loom.
This core is weak to Unaware clef, which is really really common rn.

Hey CTC, there's a fun little core I've been messing around with here and there on the Greninja-less suspect ladder, and I'd like to see what your take on the core is.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 88 HP / 188 Atk / 8 Def / 224 Spd
Adamant Nature
-Dragon Dance
-Substitute / Taunt
-Waterfall
-Bounce

Lopunny @ Lopunite
Trait: Limber
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly / Adamant Nature
-High Jump Kick
-Return
-Healing Wish
-Fake Out

Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Analytic
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
-Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam / Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power [Fire]
-Rapid Spin

Bulky Dragon Dance Gyarados has been getting a little more attention lately. As people started getting hyped about Mega Gyarados with its new toy in Crunch, some players have stopped preparing as much for regular Gyarados. One thing I love about Gyarados is how it can use Intimidate, solid bulk, and good defensive typing to act as a defensive switch-in to key threats such as Keldeo and Landorus. While this set gives up the typing mind games and extra bulk of Gyarados's Mega form, it does have the advantage of carrying Leftovers for passive recovery and not taking up your Mega slot. Once it gets in, Gyarados can set up Dragon Dance without too much trouble and potentially sweep with its solid STAB coverage. Basic stuff, really. The EV spread is designed to give Gyarados's Substitutes enough physical bulk to never be broken by uninvested Mega Sableye's Knock Off after Intimidate, which lets Gyarados set up all over utility sets without Foul Play. The speed is used to beat Modest Heatran unboosted, and the rest is dumped into Attack. This spread can be changed at your discretion, though. I'm personally fond of Substitute variants myself, but if you feel Taunt fits the final version of the team better, that's cool too.

Another tool I love tossing alongside Gyarados is Healing Wish. Since Healing Wish essentially gives you a free reset button for one of your sweepers, the move allows me to play more recklessly with Gyarados earlier in the match as I use it more like a defensive Pokemon before healing it and sweeping later in the game. There are a couple of options for Healing Wish, but Mega Lopunny is a personal favorite of mine. Having a fast Healing Wish that you can toss up before the opponent lands the finishing blow is pretty valuable, and Mega Lopunny can get away with running Healing Wish pretty comfortably since it gets all the neutral coverage it needs between High Jump Kick and Return alone. Plus, Mega Lopunny is just a good Pokemon in general and can act as a revenge killer and a win condition in some situations. Fake Out is my general pick for that last slot since it allows Mega Lopunny to Mega evolve safely and gives it a little something for free chip damage and occasionally picking off weakened sweepers. Still, that's another one of those things that's up to your discretion as the team builder. Jolly or Adamant is good; Adamant is better in a Greninja-less metagame since it doesn't have to worry about outrunning the frog, but Jolly still beats things like Adamant Dragonite and (Mega) Gyarados at +1, so there's that.

Starmie does a couple of things for Gyarados. First of all, it's a pretty reliable Rapid Spinner. Starmie has enough raw power with Analytic-boosted Hydro Pumps to send Mega Sableye and Gengar both packing, so they're unable to safely spinblock it. Starmie's solid power vs switch-ins also allows it to soften up opposing teams earlier in the game to open up for a Gyarados sweep later, particularly softening up the opponent's Water-resists. Another great perk to this set is the addition of HP Fire. Any Ferrothorn carrying Protect (i.e. most of them) is a pain for Gyarados since it resists Waterfall and can avoid Bounce with Protect. Starmie can lure in those annoying Ferrothorns and 2HKO with HP Fire, which will make Gyarados's job a little easier later on. All things considered, Starmie is just a better overall offensive Water than it was before now that it's biggest competition in Greninja is gone. The choice between Ice Beam and Thunderbolt is another one that I'll leave up to you, although I personally prefer Ice Beam to more reliably check things like Garchomp, Thundurus, and Landorus (Hydro Pump misses suck).

There are a couple of other things I've tried to some success. Mold Breaker Excadrill is a pretty neat choice in Starmie's place. It can use Mold Breaker to bypass Mega Sableye and Mega Diancie's Magic Bounces and set up Stealth Rock regardless of whether or not they switch in. It also spins pretty reliably much like Starmie (albeit you'll want Life Orb and Adamant to 2HKO Def Mega Sableye). This combination of Rapid Spin and Stealth Rock will save you a teamslot later on that might otherwise be dedicated to a Stealth Rock setter. Another decent pick is Latios with Defog and HP Fire to similarly lure in and KO Ferrothorn, with the main downside being that you'll risk removing your own Stealth Rock when you Defog as opposed to Rapid Spin. Latias is a similar pick that has the addition of packing Healing Wish and either freeing up a moveslot on Mega Lopunny or freeing up your Mega slot altogether, but you'll be more limited for coverage on Latias itself. I'm kinda just rambling at this point, though. These are just some of the random variations I've tried, but as long as you have the basic layout of Bulky DD Gyarados + Healing Wish + Stealth Rock removal, you're good.

Don't forget as well that this core is designed for the suspect ladder without Greninja, so you won't have to teambuild around the stupid frog! If you want to wait until after Greninja is officially banned before you build teams based on that metagame, just let me know and I'll bring this one back up again when you're ready.

CTC

Banned deucer.
is a defending SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Sup guys due to vacation n spl etc ill be quite slow w the squads, maybe delaying for another week or 2. keep them comin tho i see alot of good
cores. however to save time and effort, i will reject cores w no particular synergy/are overused or common as shit/consist of really shitty mons im talkin flaafy level shitty/or are generally boring (rotom lando steel mega, bisharp fight ground mega, keld tar zard type shit)
if ur suggestion has not been rejected then its gonna get made a team. cheers to 2015
Bounce N' Back sorry 2 say zam is rlly dicks atm and needs to run obscure ass shit like daz gleam to get past common mons like sable etc. the overall spdef bulky metagame in fear of greninja is also non friendly (think clef, jirachi, normals, steels etc) and raikou as far as synergy is concerned couples with zam as well as peanutbutter does hotsauce. sry but no can do
also @ 2nd suggestion: i calcd special gross damage and its pitiful, scrapped that shit asap
WizSey
Here's a list of my favorite pokemons:
Scizor (Mega or no): I usually use the Bulky Sword Dance if Mega and CB if not.
Metagross (Mega or no): Mega Wall Breaker.
Infernape: Life orb Mixed. (no)
Latios: Life orb. (no)
Thank you ! :)
Adamantx duggy talon has already been used, and i even posted a team of it a few pages back. maybe expand the core a bit those 2 alone arent sweepin teams
darkshadowfire the core is a bit generic. steel fairy dragon blah blah and rotom + tran are very generic glues. theres plenty of altaria teams above that can be modified to suit this. sry
Najo togekiss and gallade have no synergy.
n64lord mew + gard is a generic core, u can run it w a standard fwg setup whether offensive like talon keld ferro plus a lati or ground or u can run defensive like tran slowbro chesnaught + a ground. or generic rotom lando + lati/steel and throw a bisharp counter in there. cant make teams around glues, u stick glues on any team.
MegaScizor i dont see particular synergy btwn those 2, u can change the previous mega lati up to fit gyara on there.
Vinc608 sylv is very lackluster as an offensive fairy in this metagame, ur better off using clef over it. but then again u dont get the surprise factor vs ferro and tran etc. spex fblast fireblast clef anyone?
Questro venu once again is a glue, u rlly dont build around glues as there are so many iterations of combos u can form. imo ur better off running knock > sludge cuz defensive veu loses to clef anyways. i run grass fire knock personally. zor venu can be built around too many things, if u wanna center around venu luring and zor trapping, u can go venu zor keld rocks lando latios/insert zard y switchin + flying resist/zard x switchin (rhyperior!) yea many ways to go about venu zor just make sure u patch the huge pinsir talon zards weakness around the 2.
Thisbemyalt a top wallbreak mega + a top glue. once again millions of iterations can be built/have been built around this. nothin special sry, just look around (maybe just a few pages up i got a team w these 2)
OverlordDerp it is a very nice core but i have something literally identical a few pages up p sure it was clef manec lando tran cele keld. replace clef w diancie and manec w raikou and viola!
AlexeNBT the generic rain core + thund. pert is rlly ass but if u want theres only so many iterations of rain that can be made. ur better off w rocks on pert unless u wanna be forced to run ferro, in which case ud have to find another spot for a keld switchin and watnot. pert toed thund ferro + (lati/kingdra keld) or kabu + insert stallbreaker (mana, clef, azu, etc)
Skinnon yea no synergy here ur better off w mega metagross + dance lando
dramadrama no particular synergy w sylveon. talon + punny has been made iirc. gard vic is a few pages up as well but if not just replace the tran on any gard team w vic and a mon w ferro. viola (as long as lati has defog)
Shadic SSJ4 p sure if u scroll up and find a scept team u can squeeze a tar in there

btw i might just wait out the ninja sus period cuz i doubt it's stayin. my recent teams dont deal w that sack of aids anymroe anyways so yea thatll be the norm from here on out. also dont bash gimmick mons like darm etc as long as it serves a niche it can work. will get 2 buildin when free

Alright thanks anyways ctc. Guess ill look on your thread for a mega altaria core. I guess as since that core no good ill just request another core i have in mind right now. The core itself is built around victini however the twist is that this is no normal victini set. This is a simple fire/water/grass core and honestly feels like a decent core. Its has a bit of trouble vs ground types but its got a nice hazzard core to help victini out.

Victini @ Expert Belt
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Glaciate
- Blue Flare
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off

Ferrothorn @ Shed Shell
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball/power whip
- Protect/thunder wave

Alright guess i should explain this more. The set uses a lure victini however ill leave it up to you to use the lure set or the normal set. Basically the point of this set is to demolish the common mons that try to wall physical victini sets. Due to how most victini are scarfed you can probably bluff it and thats where it can really shine. Can you guess one mon who trys switching in on u-turn? lando-t. The set itself is odd but it has its uses. As i said above this uses a f/w/g core. Also is nice the core resists faries completely so mon that are weak to fairies will work quite nicely. Tenta was a great bulky water that works well with victini but adds to the ground weakness and ferro works great due to both victini and tenta being mons that can sponge fire and fighting attacks. The spikes as well and toxic spikes allow victini to get kills better as despite how hard blue flare hits the extra damage can help with kos. This cores probably not all that good but its decent. Should also note that chestnaught could work in place of ferro if you want. Sorry if the its not enough info kinda tired atm.

uh right guess i should mention the lure victini idea came from a poketuber.

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Are we allowed to ask for cteams?
Sup guys due to vacation n spl etc ill be quite slow w the squads, maybe delaying for another week or 2. keep them comin tho i see alot of good
cores. however to save time and effort, i will reject cores w no particular synergy/are overused or common as shit/consist of really shitty mons im talkin flaafy level shitty/or are generally boring (rotom lando steel mega, bisharp fight ground mega, keld tar zard type shit)
if ur suggestion has not been rejected then its gonna get made a team.
Pretty sure he said it very clearly right there unless I'm missing something big.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ok, can you make me a cteam for this team then? http://pastebin.com/PevWffba

It's a team Joey made on YouTube, and it would be nice to have a cteam for it for future use, and I am: A) Too lazy to make a cteam and B) actually suck at making cteams compared to regular teams.

Why do you have BP on Lop? BP does make you immune to pursuit, but you are sacking some coverage.
Loppuny getts perfect neutral coverage with its scrappy stabs, and baton pass is excellent for maintaining momentum.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Skill swap does what on mega gallade? Knock off + Skill swap justified is kind of stupid, as well.

Thisbemyalt

Shiba sucks
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Breloom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Calm Mind

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
So I really like breloom lately and this seems to be a good core and I haven't seen a team of yours with these three so here it be! These mons seem to have good type synergy and seem to cover a lot of high ranked mons. I don't really care what sets you use these are just what I know so if certain sets fit better on a team together then as always please change it as needed. Also sorry for the common core last time hopefully this is better as Ive never seen it but maybe with ninja gone this core might be good.

Serperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 12 SpD / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse
- Giga Drain / Synthesis

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
Jolly Nature
IVs: 21 HP
- Earthquake
- Reversal
- Stealth Rock
- Memento / Stone Edge / Toxic

Special attacker walled by Heatran + Dugtrio is a fairly popular combination, however Contrary Serperior has only just been released, and hence its potential in OU hasn't been fully tapped into yet. It has a fantastic speed tier, getting the jump over Keldeo and the Latis, and essentially plays a similar wall-breaking role to TG Manaphy, except it is less passive and so more useful vs offense. Although it faces competition with Mega Sceptile as a fast Grass type, Serperior does have advantages such being able to hurt stall teams, and does not consume your Mega slot.

This core obviously can't beat everything; pairing it with a Flying type like Talonflame or Mega Pidgeot could work well as they can beat Mega Venusaur, which also hard counters Serperior, and they also both enjoy the holes that Dugtrio creates.

If you find Dugtrio to be somewhat lacklustre, then an alternative would be to replace it with a lure Talonflame with Apicot Berry and SD, which turns Natural Gift into a 100 BP Ground move. The Natural Gift set is pretty rare, so most people will happily switch in Heatran on Talonflame without batting an eyelid, although for obvious reasons it is a less reliable way of getting rid of Heatran, and carries an element of risk if they happen to have two Talonflame checks (e.g. Rotom-W, Landorus-T etc), and are smart enough to scout for those kind of sets. There's also stuff like EQ Latios, although that set is more predictable nowadays.

Talonflame @ Apicot Berry
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Natural Gift

I am currently working with the above core, and it requires a quite a bit of support to run.

- The core is VERY weak to bird spam. You pretty much need a check to Talonflame, M-Pinsir, or hell, even Scarf Staraptor in order to survive, otherwise all three come in for pretty much free on any move minus Dugtrio Stone Edge (if you're running it) and threaten both with priority Flying attacks.
- Both Dugtrio and Serperior enjoy having a slow U-Turn/Volt Switch into various things. With Dugtrio, it becomes rather obvious that you're going to try to bait it out.
- If you're going to run Volt/Turn, you're going to want Rapid Spin/Defog support. Actually, you're going to want that regardless because the Life Orb recoil hits Serperior hard after a while and Dugtrio wants to keep its sash.
- You're going to want to pack Ice resists, as this core is weak to things like Mamoswine, Scarf Kyurem, and oddly enough, Weavile.

This pretty much screams Rotom-Wash on this team, as it resits Ice, checks bird spam, and provides a slower Volt Switch. However, that is just one option. Another is to run HP Ground > HP Fire on Serperior and run Magnezone over Dugtrio. Magnezone still gives you an ice resist, counters single attacker Talonflame, and a slow Volt Switch. It also gives you a way to trap Ferrothorn and Scizor, both of whom don't take anything from Serperior. Or you can run all three, but the typing synergy is very limited and requires a good deal of additional typing coverage.

One last trapping combo to consider working with is "double snake" with Mega Gyarados and Gothitelle. This is an original offensive core that completely dismantles stall and defensive cores, gives a water/ice resist for Serperior, and breaks down walls to make way for Serperior to sweep.

Basically, Dugtrio has even less of a niche than Serperior does and I'm not really sure its worth running. Serperior does well with the regular OU staples like Heatran (covers every single on of Serp's weaknesses and counters bird spam), and other team members can serve more of a purpose than Dugtrio. The lure Talonflame works to an extent, and can even bait out the Rotom-Wash for a double switch back into Serperior.

I'm really determined to make a Serperior core work, as I'm a huge fan of using non-standards in OU. There's just so much you can do with Grass spam, as OU is very steel/Heatran happy.

tl;dr: I've tried Duggy and he's lack luster. Perhaps go with lure Talonflame instead.
EDIT: Loving that Talonflame set. Works well if Serperior goes down because it generally means that Serperior broke down things that Talonflame couldn't handle 1v1.

Last edited:
da gold sun Funny enough while I've been waiting on CTC to work with the core I posted a while back, I came up with my own team that works almost exactly as you described. Perhaps you could give some feedback? I'm really trying to make my serperior / double snake core work in OU as well, and it does quite nicely from my experience so far.

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Taunt

Serperior @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Glare

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Tailwind

Raikou @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

That Talonflame set posted above might be clutch, seeing as how nothing on this team really wants to switch in to heatran (gyara hates that 100% 30% burn chance) and it would pretty much guarantee a sweep with either talon or Serp if used right.

Also, if you're running a trapper core with Serperior, it might be best to use Knock Off in the last slot.

Last edited:
da gold sun Funny enough while I've been waiting on CTC to work with the core I posted a while back, I came up with my own team that works almost exactly as you described. Perhaps you could give some feedback? I'm really trying to make my serperior / double snake core work in OU as well, and it does quite nicely from my experience so far.

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Taunt

Serperior @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Glare

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Tailwind

Raikou @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

That Talonflame set posted above might be clutch, seeing as how nothing on this team really wants to switch in to heatran (gyara hates that 100% 30% burn chance) and it would pretty much guarantee a sweep with either talon or Serp if used right.

Also, if you're running a trapper core with Serperior, it might be best to use Knock Off in the last slot.
tis the season of celebration. my gratitude goes out to all the contributors keeping the thread alive, but at the same time i also wanna say fuck you eat a dick to the cancers who spread ebola across this holy thread.
im layin down some ground rules upon reopening the thread for oras
1. u can post as shitty of a core as u want, as long as u explain how it works. whether ill use it to build or tell u to fuck off depends on ur explanation
2. dont talk like me
3. dont repeat cores already suggested
4. dont post ur own teams. when i invite u over for dinner i expect u to show up not spread ur cheeks on my table
5. helping rate/build/fix and contributing in general is gr8 just dont do this ^
6. ill tag everyone who posts from now on whether their idea is rejected or used. this will make things more organized
7. dont troll,,, ur rlly not that funny (ironic!)
8. post cores or strats, not single mons,,,
9. nobody gives a fuck about ur replays
10. this applies to you if u have <10 posts: before posting, read the post to urself. think it thru. read it again. delete that shit. go to ben gays thread. post it
jokes. but 4real doe if u have <10 posts chances r im gonna tell u to go fuckurself so yea heres a heads up

happy building friends
edit: shoutout to alexwolf and rey for their management of the thread when it was a shitpile
Cheeks are being spread.

But seriously, PMs exist for a reason. This would otherwise be fine if it didn't go against thread rules.

Since when are you a mod? A rude one at that.
He's just upholding the rules so a mod or CTC doesn't have to waste time reprimanding him. That is an honourable action and I can respect that. Also how is he rude? Sure, he is telling Everstoned321 what to do while being a little bit cheeky but it is in a clear, authorative and concise manner with no swearing or calling him names. I really don't get what you have against him.

Well with greninja get banned a ton of stuff start to be viable, when i start playing this I loved so much hail teams in BW( a well build hail team could be really really good), I tryed to build hail as good as a build in BW but unfortunally I can't get it, basically I'm request you to build a lord Squad with Mega Abomasnow + Heatran as they have near perfect synergy, basically i want the team to abuse as much as possible abomasnow capability as a wall breaker, I cant,maybe you can do this with based lord skills, thank you very much

Reactions: tml
Just putting it out there that I didn't see that rule and I'm not offended so we can all move on lol. And so this post isn't a waste, Brazilian Army I would definitely recommend some type of fighting resist for that core, otherwise drain punches, CCs, and mach punches are going to hurt your core and your hail team in general.

CTC

Banned deucer.
is a defending SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Big Chungus Winner
No need to argue guys. I said don't post ur own teams as in don't do it in an rmt fashion, but helping build w others should be fine as long as ur team isn't too unpalatable (venu clef gliscor sableye type ugh,,,) will resume before the end of next week

While I'm on this Serperior binge, I think I wanna suggest another core for you to work on after my first one.

@ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 180 Atk / 76 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Dragon Dance/Fire Blast/Roost/Flame Charge (lol)
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Calcs:
76+ SpA Mega Charizard Y Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 360-428 (94.2 - 112%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

76+ SpA Mega Charizard Y Hidden Power Ice vs. 244 HP / 192+ SpD Gliscor: 276-328 (78.4 - 93.1%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

76+ SpA Mega Charizard Y Hidden Power Ice vs. 64 HP / 0 SpD Altaria: 146-172 (47.5 - 56%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

180 Atk Mega Charizard Y Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 336-396 (87.2 - 102.8%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

180 Atk Mega Charizard Y Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard X: 162-192 (45.1 - 53.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

180 Atk Mega Charizard Y Flare Blitz vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey in Sun: 313-370 (48.7 - 57.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

180 Atk Mega Charizard Y Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory in Sun: 272-324 (81.4 - 97%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

180 Atk Mega Charizard Y Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 16+ Def Skarmory in Sun: 320-378 (95.8 - 113.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

76+ SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Slowbro in Sun: 185-218 (46.9 - 55.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

180 Atk Mega Charizard Y Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable in Sun: 210-247 (53.2 - 62.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

76+ SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable in Sun: 336-396 (85.2 - 100.5%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

76+ SpA Mega Charizard Y Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 344-408 (96.3 - 114.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

76+ SpA Mega Charizard Y Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Dragonite: 300-356 (92.8 - 110.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock or Flare Blitz

@ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Knock Off/Glare/Giga Drain

@ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Beats stall, baits and wrecks heatran, BB check, revenges +1 Zard X, handles MAltaria, handles hazard control, Sun aids Serperior sweep and helps with the water weakness,beats TTar and Mega TTar, 2 potential sweepers depending on move choices, anything else I'm missing? Wish support and hazards would aid this core so much. Serperior is a great partner to a lot of megas.

Well, I posted this in Synxx's thread first to try and help him establish himself a little better, the thread seemed to be going in the right direction until it turned into a shitstorm of insults. Plus he didn't want to build around a lure TTar anyway.

So I got annihilated by a Mega-drill team and wanted to play around with that mon having seen just how badass it can be with the proper support.
M-Beedrill, while it naturally suits a volturn team/core I'm not going to give you a magnezone or landog to work with, instead I want to see how it'd function with a lure TTar. On paper it seems like an amazing way to remove physical walls like Skarmory, Scizor, Ferrothorn, Lando-T, and a few others that beedrill can't cope with. Not only that but it should be able to keep birdspam from the likes of Talonflame in check. I'm hoping it'll work this way in practice too.
I've gone with an all attacking Beedrill since Knock Off and Drill Run are both extremely beneficial to have alongside STABs. The TTar set is a specially oriented Life Orb set to lure in the physical walls and take them out by surprise giving Beedrill a free reign for the rest of the game.

Beedrill @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- Drill Run

Tyranitar @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower / Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Well, I posted this in Synxx's thread first to try and help him establish himself a little better, the thread seemed to be going in the right direction until it turned into a shitstorm of insults. Plus he didn't want to build around a lure TTar anyway.

So I got annihilated by a Mega-drill team and wanted to play around with that mon having seen just how badass it can be with the proper support.
M-Beedrill, while it naturally suits a volturn team/core I'm not going to give you a magnezone or landog to work with, instead I want to see how it'd function with a lure TTar. On paper it seems like an amazing way to remove physical walls like Skarmory, Scizor, Ferrothorn, Lando-T, and a few others that beedrill can't cope with. Not only that but it should be able to keep birdspam from the likes of Talonflame in check. I'm hoping it'll work this way in practice too.
I've gone with an all attacking Beedrill since Knock Off and Drill Run are both extremely beneficial to have alongside STABs. The TTar set is a specially oriented Life Orb set to lure in the physical walls and take them out by surprise giving Beedrill a free reign for the rest of the game.

Beedrill @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- Drill Run

Tyranitar @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower / Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
I went and tested this core for about nearly a dozen games on a testing account sitting at the mid 1500s. Before I go over my general opinion on that core, I'll just list a few thoughts while playing with it:

-Fire Blast is preferable over Flamethrower for the guaranteed OHKO on 252/168 Ferrothorn, as well as a 93.8% to OHKO 252/252+ Ferrothorn after Rocks.

-Earth Power is a nice option for better coverage in general, and even has a small chance of OHKOing specially defensive Heatran after rocks. You can swap this out for Thunderbolt if your team has other methods of dealing with Keldeo/Azumarill/Talonflame

-Move the 4HP EVs on Tyranitar onto Def to take less damage from hazards, and give him a Modest nature since the only reason you run a Speed boosting nature on Ttar is if you Scarf or Mega DDance him. Also tweak the Speed EVs a little to outspeed important stuff only and get better bulk -- neutral Base 67 speed really isn't outspeeding much in the OU metagame.

-Protect is actually pretty crucial on Beedrill. The mind games and all have taken a shift since when ORAS just came out. It's a bit hard to describe, so I'll just give an example (but really though this is all just based on the experience of me and several of my friends, so take it with a few grains of salt):

Dawn of ORAS:

Enemy: "Damn, he's going to Protect because everyone does that so I'll just SD or smith"
Beedrill: "He's going to think I'm going to Protect when in fact I don't even have it so I'm just going to rekt him off the bat"

Now:
Enemy: "He's not going to Protect because he thinks that I think he's going to Protect and that I'll do smth else, so I'm actually just going to kill him now"
Beedrill: *Clicks U-Turn* *Faints*

Beedrill puts massive offensive pressure on the enemy team as well as being your mega, so actually it's really just better to play it safe and use Protect if you're not sure about what to do.

Overall, it's a core that works quite well even if your opponent predicts/knows about it early on. I've tried pairing this set with Latias with nice results as it lures trappers such as Bisharp and Ttar, both of which can be handled easily by doubling into Beedrill should you predict it correctly. Also she Defogs, which Beedrill really appreciates.

Bulky/Banded Azumarill also has nice synergy with this team since it resists several of Ttar's weaknesses, Beedrill resists Azumarill's Poison and Grass weaknesses, whilst Ttar's Sandstorm also helps push some 2HKOs into OHKOs.

Last edited:
Hey CTC, was looking for a hyper offensive team with Mega-Gardevoir and Specs Keldeo. maybe some priority attackers also? thanx so much

Gardevoir (F) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 24 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Taunt
- Focus Blast

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)