SPOILERS! Mysteries and Conspiracies of Pokemon

Wouldn't Clemont, who's a kid, be a baby during OR/AS, where the PSS exists? How could he have created it, then? (And he only created the PSS, not Amie or Super Training).
Although I'm not sure about his age(he doesn't seem to be that young though. around 15 years old imo), it's said that he's a genius, so it's possible that he created Super Training/PSS when he was a kid. Also, Bulbapedia confirms that he created both the PSS and Super Training:
He is described as a genius, having been credited with the invention of Super Training and the PSS.
And there's a NPC in Lumiose that mentions Clemont creating Super Training, too. There's one in the French version, at least. It's a Scientist in a Café in the North Boulevard. Could someone confirm this in the English version?

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Although I'm not sure about his age(he doesn't seem to be that young though. around 15 years old imo), it's said that he's a genius, so it's possible that he created Super Training/PSS when he was a kid. Also, Bulbapedia confirms that he created both the PSS and Super Training:

And there's a NPC in Lumiose that mentions Clemont creating Super Training, too. There's one in the French version, at least. It's a Scientist in a Café in the North Boulevard. Could someone confirm this in the English version?
yes there is, in cafe ultimo:
upload_2015-1-13_22-2-2.jpeg

upload_2015-1-13_22-2-16.jpeg

Off topic but how does Wonder Trade and Trading with other games work? I mean how do can you transfer Pokemon across multiple universes (and also time)? 4th dimension maybe?

On the topic of the Player Search System, I believe that Clemont only enhanced the PSS in Kalos, touching upon any glitches that would've existed on the Hoenn variant. As mentioned earlier, Pokemon-Amie and Super Training would have existed during the entirety of the post-Bank timeline.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
On the topic of the Player Search System, I believe that Clemont only enhanced the PSS in Kalos, touching upon any glitches that would've existed on the Hoenn variant. As mentioned earlier, Pokemon-Amie and Super Training would have existed during the entirety of the post-Bank timeline.
From Bulbapedia:

He is described as a genius, having been credited with the invention of Super Training and the PSS.

Pikachu315111 That doesn't even make sense unless the Kalos story takes place at the same time as the Kanto and Hoenn stories. Damn, the timeline's become more complex than Legend of Zelda!

Pikachu315111 That doesn't even make sense unless the Kalos story takes place at the same time as the Kanto and Hoenn stories. Damn, the timeline's become more complex than Legend of Zelda!
Like I've said, Clemont is a child genius. He looks to be about 10 at the youngest in X and Y. This means he was about 3-5 years old during ORAS. I can buy that. I mean, Mozart wrote his first symphony at that age.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
As @Kaxrida said, there's really no way around it (Vader_the_White is probably the best you can get if you're really looking for an in-ame reason, but it's a stretch). Honestly the best choice is to kind of pretend the PokeNav Plus doesn't have such features (though it's not like the game really keep track of the story behind features).

Honestly GameFreak have been messing up a bit with their canon in Gen VI. First it was said that Mega Evolutions was only witnessed within Kalos... then ORAS came out and Mega Evolutions are just as prominent (if not more so) in Hoenn. They pretty much tossed the Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh, and Unova saga into an alternate universe for a plot point (which I personally find stupid) so, while the stories still exist, who knows how they went now until they make remakes for them (which is easier said then done for Kanto and Johto being they already had their remakes). Heck, ORAS is missing plot elements only told in Emerald though hinted at (Wallace becoming Champion & Gen III Battle Frontier) so who knows how that'll turn out unless we get an Emerald remake which I highly doubt.

Wow, three people quoting my post already? That was quick.

But seriously, this is Pokemon we're discussing here, so the trope Karxrida mentioned makes sense in context. On a side note, aren't there three timelines now if you count Classic Pokemon?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Wow, three people quoting my post already? That was quick.

But seriously, this is Pokemon we're discussing here, so the trope Karxrida mentioned makes sense in context. On a side note, aren't there three timelines now if you count Classic Pokemon?
Who knows. I've mentioned it in a past post but I'll post it again, it might be better to consider each game separated in its own world with loose continuity threads connected them together. When playing a Pokemon game what is known about the other games that happened outside it did happen, but in exactly what way is not fully known. But now it does seem like there's two timelines with the only difference being whether Mega Evolution exists or not:

No Mega Evolution Timeline:
RBYFRLG/RSE - GSCHGSS/DPP - BW - B2W2/(Kalos)

Mega Evolution Timeline:
(Kanto)/ORAS - (Johto)/(Sinnoh) - (Unova) - (Unova2)/XY

Of course we can split these timelines even further if we were to go by individual games leading into one another, but in the bigger picture I think there's now two main timelines. Of course, we'll probably never ever visit the old timeline again since GameFreak would want to keep Mega Evolutions for now on (though the idea of a demake is a rather interesting one. Maybe something for fan games to think about).

Like I've said, Clemont is a child genius. He looks to be about 10 at the youngest in X and Y. This means he was about 3-5 years old during ORAS. I can buy that. I mean, Mozart wrote his first symphony at that age.
He doesn't look much older in the games than he does in the anime (not canon, but it can be presumed he's 10 in both). And the timeline is 7-10 years long (the HG/SS Team Rocket has a pre-schooler in B/W in Unova, leaning to it being closer to ten years). I guess I can believe that he created a gadget at 3 years old, but the obvious conclusion is Game Freak put in the Kalos gadgets for gameplay, forgetting that they'd decided it had been invented by a 10 year old.

He doesn't look much older in the games than he does in the anime (not canon, but it can be presumed he's 10 in both). And the timeline is 7-10 years long (the HG/SS Team Rocket has a pre-schooler in B/W in Unova, leaning to it being closer to ten years). I guess I can believe that he created a gadget at 3 years old, but the obvious conclusion is Game Freak put in the Kalos gadgets for gameplay, forgetting that they'd decided it had been invented by a 10 year old.
You and other people seem to be going on the wild and crazy assumption that Game Freak actually gives a damn about maintaining continuity from older games with the newest installments in the franchise. Odds are good that they really don't, so it's probably best not to try and look too hard at it.

You and other people seem to be going on the wild and crazy assumption that Game Freak actually gives a damn about maintaining continuity from older games with the newest installments in the franchise. Odds are good that they really don't, so it's probably best not to try and look too hard at it.
Seconding this. Pokemon's selling point is not 'riveting and exciting storylines', it's 'do battle with magical animals'. I think we'd be going in circles forever if we kept trying to make sense of the timeline.

Considering they cared enough about maintaining continuity that they threw out the Multiverse theory in the middle of an ORAS plot to justify the lack of Fairy type and Mega Evolution in previous games (kind of a cop-out, but better than "they were always here just behind the scenes!"), and the fact that the storyboarder guy who confirmed the timeline didn't even hesitate to reply to the original tweet asking him that strongly suggests that they do care about continuity.

We may not see the whole picture right now, may not even see it until all's been said and done, but it's obvious that they have a plan.

Considering they cared enough about maintaining continuity that they threw out the Multiverse theory in the middle of an ORAS plot to justify the lack of Fairy type and Mega Evolution in previous games (kind of a cop-out, but better than "they were always here just behind the scenes!"), and the fact that the storyboarder guy who confirmed the timeline didn't even hesitate to reply to the original tweet asking him that strongly suggests that they do care about continuity.

We may not see the whole picture right now, may not even see it until all's been said and done, but it's obvious that they have a plan.
Well they're not gonna straight up admit to not really caring about it when asked, are they? It's pretty much the easiest excuse for changes between old and new in the book. Heck, if they wanted to, they could claim that an older Clemont developed the PSS/Pokemon Amie/Super Training functions. (and who is to say that Clemont in X/Y merely looks really young and is simply quite short? I don't recall the games specifically calling him a child or saying exactly how old he is)

Does it involve Dialga, Hoopa and Celebi?
Well, I do have a theory about the Pokémon world's legendaries, after collecting all the information about them from the official game canon.

My headcanon is that since Hoopa Unbound can presumably travel interdimensionally and time and space are known as dimensions in physics, Dialga and Palkia combined their powers to create Hoopa to banish Giratina to another dimension (as they could not bring themselves to harm their brother), and Hoopa in turn banished all three. Giratina to the Distortion World, D & P into their own pocket dimensions within the larger Unown dimension, along with plenty of Unown (who in my theory are Arceus' 1,000 arms given sentience by Arceus himself), and then Hoopa was bound to the Prison Bottle by Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf (the quadruplet siblings of Mew), which granted them control over Time, Space and Antimatter, thus explaining why they can bind the Diamond and Pearl box legends in the present time.

I still have no idea about Celebi, but it definitely involves Mew (since it was dubbed "the New Mew" back in Gen. 2) and Dialga, the only other time master. Hoopa might factor into it as well if he can time travel.

That's what they claimed about Lost too. Turned out that nope, things were pretty much made up on the fly as it suited the rules of drama.
I never watched that show, but everyone says it's really confusing so I don't think I ever will. That being said, considering Pokémon churns out remakes and third versions every so often, they always have their lore fresh in their minds since they have to remain true to the originals (remakes) and the paired versions (third versions) so it's not like "Oh, we just pushed this game out. Never have to think about THAT again." And the level of care and ingenuity that goes into just the designs of the regions and Pokémon themselves... We can complain that the gameplay is lacking in places *cough*Battle Frontier*cough*, but the level of care that goes into everything is undeniable.

Well they're not gonna straight up admit to not really caring about it when asked, are they? It's pretty much the easiest excuse for changes between old and new in the book. Heck, if they wanted to, they could claim that an older Clemont developed the PSS/Pokemon Amie/Super Training functions. (and who is to say that Clemont in X/Y merely looks really young and is simply quite short? I don't recall the games specifically calling him a child or saying exactly how old he is)
Well, he looks about 8-10 and Bonnie looks straight up 4 years old. Unless he has that disease where an adult looks like a child their entire life, I doubt he is one. And furthermore, you can argue that they don't care and I can argue that they can, but at the end of the day, only Game Freak knows the truth and it's one we probably won't ever hear.

Hmm, looks like someone might have come up with a plausible way to explain the alternate timelines:

Nope, as zelda taught me each game is its own entity with small nods to each other unless they are direct sequels, prequels or happening at the same time, DP will be rewriten for Mega universe, same with Unova and the new games they will be written according to stuff in those , the non mega line is over from GF pov and new universes could be explored in the future, but trying to mash up both universes is in my opinion a waste of time unless you are into the realm of self complacent fanfiction writing.

Do we 100% know that XY takes place after Oras? I know in the original timeline RS does, but now that's thrown out the window, do we have any specific in game evidence that places OrAS before everything else? Other than the Game Freak interview which may or may not be correct. It's not like GF or Nintendo haven't made erroneous statements in the past that've been later retconned...

Do we 100% know that XY takes place after Oras? I know in the original timeline RS does, but now that's thrown out the window, do we have any specific in game evidence that places OrAS before everything else? Other than the Game Freak interview which may or may not be correct. It's not like GF or Nintendo haven't made erroneous statements in the past that've been later retconned...
In Slateport, there's a replica of the SS Unova, which is "currently under construction". By Black and White, it's already built. And X and Y take place two years later. So there's definitely at least 5 years between OR/AS and X/Y

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)