Battle Maison Discussion & Records

Hello everyone, I'm Baf. I mod BMGf, so you may recognise my name.

I'm looking for some critique on my Super Singles team. I currently use:

Breloom
Jolly|Poison Heal
Toxic Orb
31/31/31/x/31/31
4 HP/252 ATK/252 SPD

Spore
Swords Dance
Mach Punch
Seed Bomb

He spores, dances then attacks. Very simple. He's pretty frail, if I predict wrong on using swords dance, he can go down in one hit.

Azumarill
Adamant|Huge Power
Assault Vest
31/31/31/x/31/31
240 HP/252 Atk/16 SpD

Play Rough
Superpower
Aqua Jet
Waterfall

Pretty hard hitter, decent coverage with those moves, but I'm considering dropping Waterfall for Ice Punch, I tend to run into bulky grass types that I can't otherwise easily clear without some set up.

Kangaskhan
Jolly|Early Bird/Parental Bond
Kangaskhanite
31/31/31/x/31/31
4HP/252 ATK/252 SPD

Fake Out
Sucker Punch
Earthquake
Power Up Punch

Typically evolves, fakes out then rips apart the opponent with the other moves.
EDIT: I plan on getting an ability capsule for Scrappy.

With this team I've gotten around to 60~ wins, lost to a bad match up that i can't remember. So could anyone give me any advice for my team?

Cheers.

Last edited:
EDIT: Should try to make Hippodown somewhere here.

Those are good ideas actually. Hmm, I thought of this, it hasn't been tested or anything yet, but just a first idea, EVs, Items and everything is just to put something together for now:

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Adamant - Sand Stream
252 HP /252 Atk / 4 Sp Def
-Rock Slide
-Eathquake
-Crunch
-Ice Punch

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Jolly, Rough Skin --> Sand Force
4 HP/252 Atk /252 Spe
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw
-Iron Head

Talonflame @ Leftovers (I dunno, this would be the first time I am using Talonflame).
Adamant, Gale Wings
252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spd
-Brave Bird
-Flare Blitz
-Tailwind
-Will O Wisp

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Adamant, Sand Rush
4 HP/252 Atk /252 Spe
-Iron Head
-Drill Run
-Poison Jab
-X-Scissor

Rotom - W @ Assault Vest
Modest, Levitate
4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
-Discharge
-Hydro Pump
-Shadow Ball
-Charge Beam

Gastrodon @ Sitrus Berry
Calm, Storm Drain
252 HP/252 SpA/4 Sp Def
-Icy Wind
-Sandstorm
-Mud Bomb
-Scald

Needs some heavy tweaking, yeah, but to be fair I haven't been able to find Sand teams in triples for reference and this is the first time I try one at all.

Last edited:

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
EDIT: Should try to make Hippodown somewhere here.

Those are good ideas actually. Hmm, I thought of this, it hasn't been tested or anything yet, but just a first idea, EVs, Items and everything is just to put something together for now:

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Adamant - Sand Stream
252 HP /252 Atk / 4 Sp Def
-Rock Slide
-Eathquake
-Crunch
-Ice Punch

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Jolly, Rough Skin --> Sand Force
4 HP/252 Atk /252 Spe
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw
-Iron Head

Talonflame @ Leftovers (I dunno, this would be the first time I am using Talonflame).
Adamant, Gale Wings
252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spd
-Brave Bird
-Flare Blitz
-Tailwind
-Will O Wisp

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Adamant, Sand Rush
4 HP/252 Atk /252 Spe
-Iron Head
-Drill Run
-Poison Jab
-X-Scissor

Rotom - W @ Assault Vest
Modest, Levitate
4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
-Discharge
-Hydro Pump
-Shadow Ball
-Charge Beam

Gastrodon @ Sitrus Berry
Calm, Storm Drain
252 HP/252 SpA/4 Sp Def
-Icy Wind
-Sandstorm
-Mud Bomb
-Scald

Needs some heavy tweaking, yeah, but to be fair I haven't been able to find Sand teams in triples for reference and this is the first time I try one at all.
If you're going to have Garchomp in the center you either need more ground immunities or Protect on everything. Ttar doesn't need Earthquake so drop that for Protect. Talonflame doesn't need Will-O-Wisp so drop that for Quick Guard. I don't think leftovers is the best choice on it either. As I mentioned in my last post, I like Aerodactyl better since it gets Wide Guard, Smack Down (so Chomp can EQ everything), Sandstorm (you have no backup setter) and doesn't take sandstorm damage. Drill Run's accuracy will come back to bite you eventually, I personally like Wide Lens with Rock Slide as well. Rotom-W isn't the best here, Hydro Pump is too risky, and Charge Beam too unreliable. Also Dark Pulse > Shadow Ball imo. Apart from Talonflame, your team struggles with grass types, and having Gastrodon just makes that worse so I would look to replace it. You don't need a Rock / Ground / Steel type just because of Sandstorm, but if that's a huge concern for you then remember that the Safety Goggles exist! (I used them on Zapdos in my team)

Breloom
Jolly|Poison Heal
Toxic Orb
31/31/31/x/31/31
4 HP/252 ATK/252 SPD

Spore
Swords Dance
Mach Punch
Seed Bomb

He spores, dances then attacks. Very simple. He's pretty frail, if I predict wrong on using swords dance, he can go down in one hit.

Azumarill
Adamant|Huge Power
Assault Vest
31/31/31/x/31/31
240 HP/252 Atk/16 SpD

Play Rough
Superpower
Aqua Jet
Waterfall

Pretty hard hitter, decent coverage with those moves, but I'm considering dropping Waterfall for Ice Punch, I tend to run into bulky grass types that I can't otherwise easily clear without some set up.

Kangaskhan
Kangaskhanite
31/31/31/x/31/31
4HP/252 ATK/252 SPD

Fake Out
Sucker Punch
Earthquake
Power Up Punch

With this team I've gotten around to 60~ wins, lost to a bad match up that i can't remember. So could anyone give me any advice for my team?

Cheers.
I would probably replace Fake Out for Return/Double-edge on Kang for some reliable STAB. Id also replace Breloom for a special attacker, since you dont have any of those. GL HF!

Reactions: baf
If you're going to have Garchomp in the center you either need more ground immunities or Protect on everything. Ttar doesn't need Earthquake so drop that for Protect. Talonflame doesn't need Will-O-Wisp so drop that for Quick Guard. I don't think leftovers is the best choice on it either. As I mentioned in my last post, I like Aerodactyl better since it gets Wide Guard, Smack Down (so Chomp can EQ everything), Sandstorm (you have no backup setter) and doesn't take sandstorm damage. Drill Run's accuracy will come back to bite you eventually, I personally like Wide Lens with Rock Slide as well. Rotom-W isn't the best here, Hydro Pump is too risky, and Charge Beam too unreliable. Also Dark Pulse > Shadow Ball imo. Apart from Talonflame, your team struggles with grass types, and having Gastrodon just makes that worse so I would look to replace it. You don't need a Rock / Ground / Steel type just because of Sandstorm, but if that's a huge concern for you then remember that the Safety Goggles exist! (I used them on Zapdos in my team)
This is the sort of stuff I need to know. When you say Rotom-W isn't the best you mean he as a whole doesn't synch well or that I should change his moveset? What I mean is that, well the team is weak to grass, but Water types also worry me. I didn't really chose Steel, Rock and Ground types because of Sandstorm immunity but the abilities to take advantage of it. Then again if there are better choices I will take them.

I'd like to try Zapdos, but I don't have any with good IVs or Nature and trading one me be out of reach, so I need something else.

Discharge spam sounds smexy as hell, btw.

I've been working on a Theorymon for Doubles and I think it can also be applied to Triples.

So Greninja's Mat Block is one of the best Doubles/Triples moves in the game. However, it's very annoying when the AI decides not to play along and use a set up move, a status move, or even more annoyingly, protect right in the face of your free attack. Wouldn't it be great if there was a Pokemon that acted as a free Taunt and also really appreciated the free turn? Enter Offensive Level 1 Aron. Aron makes sure the opponent attacks into Mat Block, and gets a free shot to Endeavor something down to 12 HP. Greninja can then use U-Turn KO the weakened foe and bring in a heavy hitter (and be able to Mat Block again later in the battle), while Aron tanks a hit, re-activates Sturdy with Berry Juice, and almost takes out another foe. Life Orb Dark Pulse takes out the annoying Ghost types, and the rear line can deal with priority and use spread moves to break Sturdy and nab random other KOs.

Here's the first draft:

Aron (lvl 1) @ Berry Juice
Sturdy
Nature & stats don't matter
-Endeavor
-Protect
-Toxic
-Sandstorm

Greninja @ Life Orb
Timid, Protean
4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
-Mat Block
-Ice Beam
-Dark Pulse
-U-Turn
(Note: even a zero attack IV can KO a Suicune after Endeavor and Leftovers recovery)
0- Atk Life Orb Protean Greninja U-turn vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 27-32 (13 - 15.4%) (Suicune has 25 HP after Leftovers recovery and full health Endeavor)

Salamence @ Salamencite
Timid, Intimidate --> Aerialate
4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
-Hyper Voice
-Flamethrower
-Dragon Pulse
-Draco Meteor
Strongest, fastest spread move user I could think of that can KO whatever's weakened by Endeavor (even AV Magnezone) while doing chip damage to the other opponent in case Aron can't deal with it. Flamethrower hits Steels and Dragon Pulse hits everything else.

252 SpA Life Orb Aerilate Salamence Hyper Voice vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Assault Vest Magnezone: 13-16 (8.9 - 11%)

Aegislash @ Sitrus Berry
Quiet, Stance Change
252 HP/4 Att/252 SpA
-King's Shield
-Shadow Ball
-Flash Cannon
-Shadow Sneak
Strong, tanky Mon with priority to pick off whatever's weakened Aron.

I'm still taking this team though the streak (it seems like there's a ton of priority before the 30th battle), but I had another idea: What if we applied this madness to Triples? Trick Room loves a free Taunt almost as much as it loves Mat Block's free turn. This frees you up to use an offensive Trick Room user, and Greninja's "slow" U-turn can actually be a boon to get your other heavy hitter in for free. If the Trick Room user has a spread move, it can conceivably take out 2 Pokemon turn 2 and have Aron start turn 3 with Sturdy still intact. The only problem is the best options for Trick Room users are probably either SlowThings, Musharna, or Chandelure with Iron Ball.

Not quite sure what the second line would be. Mega Camerupt would be nice for massive power, but MegaTyranitar could bring much-wanted Sand to help Aron kill things. Adaptability Dragelge spamming Sludge Wave next to a steel type is appealing too. Needs more thought.
I've been playing around with this idea since last week and I'm currently at 210 wins with Greninja/Aron/MKangaskhan/Gastrodon.

Aron makes sure the opponent attacks into Mat Block, and gets a free shot to Endeavor something down to 12 HP.
Sadly, this is not true. As I mentioned earlier, using a Level 1 magnet doesn't secure that the AI will attack said Mon, or not use a status move on the other.

========================

Greninja (F) @ Focus Sash ** Unforgiven
Nature: Timid
Trait: Protean
IVs: 31/x/31/31/31/31
EVs: 6 HP/252 Sp.Atk/252 Speed
Lv. 50 stats: 148/90/87/155/91/191
Moveset: Dark Pulse/Ice Beam/Grass Knot/Mat Block

Greninja is the same as the one from my ''Tailblock'' Triples team and the standard Doubles/Triples Greninja set in general. One may wonder why I don't run Surf on the set since it makes perfect sense with Storm Drain Gastrodon and Protect Aron (turn 2). Surf hits a Base Power of 101 in Doubles which is relatively low compared to 120 (Dark Pulse), 135 (Ice Beam) and 180 (Grass Knot). Surf also ''forces'' me to use Protect with Aron far more often, or switch it out for Gastrodon. Thanks to Protean, Greninja scores quite a lot 1HKO's with the former three mentioned moves and they provide really good coverage.

Greninja's Surf vs Talonflame4 (132 - 156 HP) Damage: 86.27% - 101.96% | 6.25% Chance to OHKO
Greninja's Surf vs Darmanitan4 (156 - 186 HP) Damage: 86.67% - 103.33% | 25% Chance to OHKO

Aron (M) @ Berry Juice ** ''jughead''
Nature: Adamant
Trait: Sturdy
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
EVs: Zero
Lv. 1 stats: 12/6/7/4/6/5
Moveset: Protect/Endeavor/Swagger/Toxic

Good old Aron, same set.

Kangaskhan (F) @ Kangaskhanite **
Trait: Scrappy/Parental Bond
EVs: 252 Atk/6 Sp.Def/252 Speed
Lv. 50 (mega) stats: 180/194/120/72/121/152
Moveset: Fake Out/Double-Edge/Sucker Punch/Drain Punch

Kangaskhan runs the same set as the one from my Trick Room team but with an Adamant nature, Speed EVs and Drain Punch over Rock Slide. Fake Out creates momentum and allows me to faint Endeavored Mons as well as allowing Aron to get in one last Endeavor on occasion. An Adamant nature was chosen over Jolly because the extra power is far more imporant than the extra speed, thanks to Fake Out and Sucker Punch.

Gastrodon (M) @ Assault Vest ** Unbroken
Nature: Quiet
Trait: Storm Drain
IVs: 31/x/31/31/31/00
EVs: 180 HP/92 Def/220 Sp.Atk/12 Sp.Def
Lv. 50 stats: 209/91/100/154/156/39
Moveset: Earth Power/Scald/Ice Beam/Clear Smog

Gastrodon was chosen because the team really hates Thunder Wave and Electric types like Jolteon/Electrode/Zebstrika just to name a few. The team needed an Electric immunity as well as an Anti Trick Room Pokémon, and after seeing both R Inanimate and Turskain having great success with Gastrodon on non Trick Room teams I decided to give it a try since Gastrodon fullfills both roles.
The EV spread is courtesy of Turskain but with a Quiet nature so that it is only outsped by 20 Pokémon during Trick Room. Gastrodon is a winning lottery ticket whenever I face Jolteon and the likes, but it hasn't proven to add anything extra to the team outside of that.

Gastrodon's Scald vs Aerodactyl (150 - 176 HP) Damage: 96.77% - 113.55% | 75% Chance to OHKO

Pokémon like (Mega) Manectric, Garchomp and Swampert are all immune to Electric moves but they do not answer to Trick Room unfortunately and in the case of the latter two, STAB Earthquake has bad synergy with Greninja/Aron.

========================

After 3,000+ battles with Duclops/Aron predicting the AI is alot harder with Greninja/Aron since there are so many things that can 1HKO Greninja.
Despite that, Greninja/Aron is a very effective strategy for Super Doubles and a lot of fun to play with.

Last edited:
Hello everyone. I'm new here :)
Getting straight to the point, I have a question that is bothering me. But first you have to watch my battle video.
The code is: 4A4W-WWWW-WWXX-RNZ3

My team is composed of(These are RNGs from Gen5):

Landorus (Démétéros) Choice Scarf
Jolly, IVs: 31 everywhere except Sp.Atk, EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 6 Def
Intimidate
-Knock Off
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-U-Turn

Charizard (Dracaufeu) Charizardite Y
Timid, IVs: 31 everywhere except Atk, EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 6 SpD
Blaze==>Drought
-Heat Wave
-Focus Blast
-Solar Beam
-Protect

Gardevoir @ Sitrus Berry
Modest, IVs: 31 everywhere except Atk, EVs: 252 HP, 124 Def, 108 SpA, 20 SpD, 4 Spe
Telepathy
-Dazzling Gleam
-Psychic
-Taunt
-Will-O-Wisp

Terrakion (Terrakium) Life Orb
Justified
-Protect
-Close Combat
-Rock Slide
-Quick Guard

As you can see, this team is using the movesets in the Smogon Pokedex. I didn't have any idea how to start a team for a good streak in Super Doubles and I didn't want to use the good old Aron.
Anyway, can someone explain me how the Vanilluxe survives my Heat Wave after I Mega Evolve my Charizard?
The calculation is giving me this: 252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Vanilluxe in Sun: 212-252 (119.1 - 141.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Also, I did a Mock Battle afterwards and it even survived a Life Orb boosted Rock Slide from my Terrakion with about 15-20% HP, just how?
The calculation for this instance is: 252 Atk Life Orb Terrakion Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Vanilluxe: 190-226 (106.7 - 126.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

And I would also like to ask if anyone has any idea of improvement for this team? Thanks in advance :)))

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Hello everyone. I'm new here :)
Getting straight to the point, I have a question that is bothering me. But first you have to watch my battle video.
The code is: 4A4W-WWWW-WWXX-RNZ3

My team is composed of(These are RNGs from Gen5):

Landorus (Démétéros) Choice Scarf
Intimidate
-Knock Off
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-U-Turn

Charizard (Dracaufeu) Charizardite Y
Timid, IVs: 31 everywhere except Atk, EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 6 SpD
Blaze==>Drought
-Heat Wave
-Focus Blast
-Solar Beam
-Protect

Gardevoir @ Sitrus Berry
Modest, IVs: 31 everywhere except Atk, EVs: 252 HP, 124 Def, 108 SpA, 20 SpD, 4 Spe
Telepathy
-Dazzling Gleam
-Psychic
-Taunt
-Will-O-Wisp

Terrakion (Terrakium) Life Orb
Justified
-Protect
-Close Combat
-Rock Slide
-Quick Guard

As you can see, this team is using the movesets in the Smogon Pokedex. I didn't have any idea how to start a team for a good streak in Super Doubles and I didn't want to use the good old Aron.
Anyway, can someone explain me how the Vanilluxe survives my Heat Wave after I Mega Evolve my Charizard?
The calculation is giving me this: 252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Vanilluxe in Sun: 212-252 (119.1 - 141.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Also, I did a Mock Battle afterwards and it even survived a Life Orb boosted Rock Slide from my Terrakion with about 15-20% HP, just how?
The calculation for this instance is: 252 Atk Life Orb Terrakion Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Vanilluxe: 190-226 (106.7 - 126.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

And I would also like to ask if anyone has any idea of improvement for this team? Thanks in advance :)))
Haven't watched your vid because I'm playing a different game rn so I can't put OR into my 3DS, but did you set the calc to doubles? This is what I'm getting:
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Vanilluxe in Sun: 158-188 (88.7 - 105.6%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Terrakion Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Vanilluxe: 140-166 (78.6 - 93.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Haven't watched your vid because I'm playing a different game rn so I can't put OR into my 3DS, but did you set the calc to doubles? This is what I'm getting:
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Vanilluxe in Sun: 158-188 (88.7 - 105.6%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Terrakion Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Vanilluxe: 140-166 (78.6 - 93.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

OMG I didn't know this thing existed :S Now that makes a lot more sense :D
I think I am quite lucky to get this far after that revelation (even though it is a measly 56 battles won in a row), I usually stick with the Super Singles.
Thank you a lot for the epic clarification :D

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is the sort of stuff I need to know. When you say Rotom-W isn't the best you mean he as a whole doesn't synch well or that I should change his moveset? What I mean is that, well the team is weak to grass, but Water types also worry me. I didn't really chose Steel, Rock and Ground types because of Sandstorm immunity but the abilities to take advantage of it. Then again if there are better choices I will take them.

I'd like to try Zapdos, but I don't have any with good IVs or Nature and trading one me be out of reach, so I need something else.

Discharge spam sounds smexy as hell, btw.
Oh no Rotom is a great Pokemon, many top streaks have had it on their teams (including Turskain's insane streak). The biggest thing is that most of them have Hidden Power Water for a reliable STAB option, so if you can breed that then great, otherwise it will be tough to use. They also have both Discharge and Thunderbolt so you have a secondary Electric type move to use if you get stuck next to a non-Ground type partner. The fourth move is really up to what you want, Volt Switch is normally really good but since Rotom is in your back line it may not be so good. Shadow Ball / Dark Pulse is good for stuff that want to use Trick Room on you. You could use Rest + Chesto berry as well...

If you really want to try Zapdos I could maybe get my one cloned, it's far from perfect but is Timid with 31 SpA and 30 speed with Hidden Power Ice so yeah, lol

Breloom
Jolly|Poison Heal
Toxic Orb
31/31/31/x/31/31
4 HP/252 ATK/252 SPD

Spore
Swords Dance
Mach Punch
Seed Bomb

Azumarill
Adamant|Huge Power
Assault Vest
31/31/31/x/31/31
240 HP/252 Atk/16 SpD

Play Rough
Superpower
Aqua Jet
Waterfall

Kangaskhan
Kangaskhanite
31/31/31/x/31/31
4HP/252 ATK/252 SPD

Fake Out
Sucker Punch
Earthquake
Power Up Punch

Cheers.
Breloom is, in my experience, too slow to use effectively in the Maison without Substitute, which means forgoing either Spore or Swords Dance. I have used Sub/Spore before to some limited success, but it didn't work nearly as well as a Choice Scarf set. Haven't tried Sub/SD - might be kind of fun, but I probably wouldn't use it as a lead.

For Azumarill, I would actually ditch Play Rough before ditching Waterfall because the 90% accuracy hurts you a lot more in the long run than the loss of 10 Base Power. Over the course of hundreds of battles, that 10% inaccuracy means you are *going* to miss with it at some crucial moment.

That is a terrible Kangaskhan set. Fake Out and Power-up Punch should never be on the same set - they fill different roles. Fake Out is good if you want Kanga to be a pivot of some sort, or a cleaner/revenge killer, but it's terrible if you want her to be a sweeper, which is the only purpose for Power-up Punch. Basically, the longer Kanga stays in, the more useless Fake Out becomes, but the more useful PuP becomes. So you should pick between one of the two and replace it with Return or Double-Edge, depending on what you want to use her for. I would keep Fake Out and get Double Edge if you want her to be a cleaner/revenge-killer, and keep Power-up Punch and get Return if you want her to be a sweeper. Also, if you're using Sucker Punch, you can change her nature to Adamant - there really aren't any significant threats that outspeed 252 Speed that aren't trumped by Sucker Punch. Finally, Scrappy is considered the better ability for Super Singles because it allows you to handle ghost-types that aren't beaten by Sucker Punch, as well as get a Power-up Punch boost off a ghost-type if you absolutely need one. Early Bird basically provides you with no benefit, since you'll never have cause to stay un-Mega'd against anything that can reliably put you to sleep.

Breloom
Jolly|Poison Heal
Toxic Orb
31/31/31/x/31/31
4 HP/252 ATK/252 SPD

Spore
Swords Dance
Mach Punch
Seed Bomb

Azumarill
Adamant|Huge Power
Assault Vest
31/31/31/x/31/31
240 HP/252 Atk/16 SpD

Play Rough
Superpower
Aqua Jet
Waterfall

Kangaskhan
Kangaskhanite
31/31/31/x/31/31
4HP/252 ATK/252 SPD

Fake Out
Sucker Punch
Earthquake
Power Up Punch

Cheers.
I have a suggestion for your Breloom. If you can get one with Technician it would free up the item slot for Focus Sash and add a lot of power to his STAB moves. As for your issues with Grass-types, there are a lot of good candidates for replacing Azumarill that would be more effective than simply using Ice Punch (which bulky grasses such as Tangrowth, Chesnaught and Gourgeist can shrug off). A special attacker might be best, as you're quite vulnerable to Intimidate/Will-O-Wisp currently. Togekiss would be my pick, as it resists the Fighting moves Kangaskhan hates and destroys grass-types with Air Slash/Heat Wave. Also, if you can spare the movelsot, Kangaskhan really appreciates Heal Bell.

Reactions: baf
Hi guys, finally lost my Super Triples streak at 823. Certainly could've played the battle better, but here's the video of battle #824: NAVG-WWWW-WWX2-43P6

My team is based around Tailwind + Sunny Day + Eruption.

Greninja (M) @ Focus Sash ** Koga
Ability: Protean
EVs: 12 HP/252 Sp.Atk/244 Speed

Typhlosion (F) @ Charcoal ** Krakatoa
Nature: Modest
Ability: Blaze
IVs: 31/x/31/30/30/31
EVs: 12 HP/252 Sp.Atk/244Speed
Moveset: Eruption/Flamethrower/HP Ground/Protect

Talonflame (M) @ Sharp Beak ** Phoenix
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 208 HP/252 Atk/48 Speed
Moveset: Tailwind/Flare Blitz/Brave Bird/Sunny Day

Gardevoir (F) @ Gardevoirite ** Galadriel
Ability: Trace
EVs: 4 HP/4 Def/248 Sp.Atk/252 Speed
Moveset: Hyper Voice/Psyshock/HP Ground/Protect

Conkeldurr (M) @ Assault Vest ** Meistagrif
Ability: Guts
EVs: 108 HP/252 Atk/6 Def/144 Sp.Def
Moveset: Drain Punch/Knock Off/Ice Punch/Mach Punch

Scizor (M) @ Metal Coat ** Bullet
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP/164 Atk/4 Def/44 SDef/44 Spe
Moveset: Bullet Punch/U-Turn/Brick Break/Quick Attack

Always lead with Greninja, Typhlosion, Talonflame. As usual 1st turn Greninja Mat Block, and depending on the situation, either Talonflame sets up priority Tailwind or Sunny Day if all the enemies are slower, and Typhlosion Erupts. I EV'd Talonflame to have 1 more Speed point than Typhlosion so that Eruption goes later than Sunny Day to cause more damage. When facing Slowbro, Slowking or potential Trick Room setter, I attack them with Greninja and Talonflame to eliminate them while Typhlosion protects. With faster threats like Jolteon or Aerodactyl, I usually just set up tailwind and sacrificing Talonflame so that I can bring on Gardevoir to Hyper Voice away. Annoying mons like Taunt Crobat or Snatch Honchkrow can be OHKOed by Greninja's Ice Beam. Usually Eruption + Hyper Voice kills everything unless you're facing really bulky waters or the pink blob. That's where the physical attackers in the back come to play (Conkeldurr and Scizor).

Once Tailwind is up, Typhlosion outspeeds the entire Maison. The fun comes when sun is up, cause Eruption + Sunny Day = total fry fest. Flash Fire mons are dealt with Talonflame's BB, and also HP Ground really comes in handy especially against Heatran.

There are definitely some improvements in the future that can be made with this team as I was hoping to reach 1000 wins to begin with, what do you guys think?

Credits to turskain and NoCheese for inspiring me with this team, and I also took some mons from their team.

turskain

activated its Quick Claw!
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hi guys, finally lost my Super Triples streak at 823. Certainly could've played the battle better, but here's the video of battle #824: NAVG-WWWW-WWX2-43P6

My team is based around Tailwind + Sunny Day + Eruption.

Greninja (M) @ Focus Sash ** Koga
Ability: Protean
EVs: 12 HP/252 Sp.Atk/244 Speed

Typhlosion (F) @ Charcoal ** Krakatoa
Nature: Modest
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 12 HP/252 Sp.Atk/244Speed
Moveset: Eruption/Flamethrower/HP Ground/Protect

Talonflame (M) @ Sharp Beak ** Phoenix
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 208 HP/252 Atk/48 Speed
Moveset: Tailwind/Flare Blitz/Brave Bird/Sunny Day

Gardevoir (F) @ Gardevoirite ** Galadriel
Ability: Trace
EVs: 4 HP/4 Def/248 Sp.Atk/252 Speed
Moveset: Hyper Voice/Psyshock/HP Ground/Protect

Conkeldurr (M) @ Assault Vest ** Meistagrif
Ability: Guts
EVs: 108 HP/252 Atk/6 Def/144 Sp.Def
Moveset: Drain Punch/Knock Off/Ice Punch/Mach Punch

Scizor (M) @ Metal Coat ** Bullet
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP/164 Atk/4 Def/44 SDef/44 Spe
Moveset: Bullet Punch/U-Turn/Brick Break/Quick Attack

Always lead with Greninja, Typhlosion, Talonflame. As usual 1st turn Greninja Mat Block, and depending on the situation, either Talonflame sets up priority Tailwind or Sunny Day if all the enemies are slower, and Typhlosion Erupts. I EV'd Talonflame to have 1 more Speed point than Typhlosion so that Eruption goes later than Sunny Day to cause more damage. When facing Slowbro, Slowking or potential Trick Room setter, I attack them with Greninja and Talonflame to eliminate them while Typhlosion protects. With faster threats like Jolteon or Aerodactyl, I usually just set up tailwind and sacrificing Talonflame so that I can bring on Gardevoir to Hyper Voice away. Annoying mons like Taunt Crobat or Snatch Honchkrow can be OHKOed by Greninja's Ice Beam. Usually Eruption + Hyper Voice kills everything unless you're facing really bulky waters or the pink blob. That's where the physical attackers in the back come to play (Conkeldurr and Scizor).

Once Tailwind is up, Typhlosion outspeeds the entire Maison. The fun comes when sun is up, cause Eruption + Sunny Day = total fry fest. Flash Fire mons are dealt with Talonflame's BB, and also HP Ground really comes in handy especially against Heatran.

There are definitely some improvements in the future that can be made with this team as I was hoping to reach 1000 wins to begin with, what do you guys think?

Credits to turskain and NoCheese for inspiring me with this team, and I also took some mons from their team.
Typhlosion hits 151 Speed, which is overkill under Tailwind since Aerodactyl1 (300 Speed) only appears for the first 10 battles. The fastest Pokémon that appears after battle 1-40 is Manectric4 with 258 Speed, so 76 Speed EVs (130 Spe) to outspeed it under Tailwind is the lowest you could go.

Cutting Attack on Scizor is a bad idea it if it's not holding Choice Band. Since Life Orb is available, giving it Life Orb and 252 Atk would be best. With a non-Choice item, Protect is also preferable to Quick Attack.

252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Terrakion: 164-195 (98.7 - 117.4%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

Cheers for all your comments!

Breloom - I think a substitute set may work better in my favour, Spore just isn't as guaranteed as substitute can be. Too many times Bre has been KOd due to early wakers. I don't currently have a technician available, but they should be easy to come across.

If I run technician & scarf, I'm thinking something like the following:

Spore
Low Sweep
Bullet Seed
coverage (Stone Edge?) Stone Edge's accuracy is probably too risky though.

Azumarill - May replace with a Togekiss, since I don't have special attacks, and plugs a couple holes in my team, namely fighting resistance.

Kangaskhan - Fake Out is great, however most of the time I have her out it's dead weight, so I'll drop it. She's my main sweeper. I think I'll use return, instead of double edge, and maybe crunch instead of sucker punch, Kanga is pretty fast on her own.

So something like:

Return
Power Up Punch
Earthquake
Crunch

Surprised there aren't more ORAS Multi with AI streaks posted, unlike XY there are actually default teams that don't suck.

I currently have an ongoing streak of 100 with a thrown together team of Aron+Mega Kangaskhan and Steven as my partner.
Video WU2W-WWWW-WWX2-CSAW
Not the best battle, but Aron still did his job of directing attacks.

Aron (lead) @ Berry Juice
lvl 1 Sturdy
Protect/Endeavor/Sandstorm/Stealth Rock
Pretty standard doubles Aron, Stealth Rock is primarily filler, but does manage to break Sashes and Sturdy if Aron has nothing better to do.

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Jolly (Adamant until battle 71) 4HP/252Atk/252Spe Scrappy
Fake Out/Sucker Punch/Earthquake/Double-Edge
Dual priority Kang, to pick off whatever Aron+Aero couldn't finish. Not the biggest fan of EQ but I don't know what else to put there, Parental Bond Double-Edge is just insanely powerful, switched to Jolly as I found Adamant too slow for what I needed Kang to do.

Aerodactyl (AI lead) @ Focus Sash
Jolly 252Atk/252Spe Rock Head
Rock Slide/Ice Fang/Fire Fang/Thunder Fang
I really hate the moveset on this thing, but when it manages to choose Rock Slide things go quite well. Works great with Aron, fast Rock Slides can provide flinches that let Aron survive another hit, Sash helps deal with the odd time the AI targets it rather than Aron, no chance of it selecting EQ and killing its partner (the AI seems to like spamming EQ, I've seen a number of times where the AI will use EQ against the Aron+Aero combo, even if the other opponent would be hit by it).

Metagross (AI) @ Metagrossite
Adamant 252Atk/252Def Clear Body
Bullet Punch/Meteor Mash/Zen Headbutt/Hammer Arm
Another mon with the ability to pick off weakened opponents. Outside of BP the Accuracy of the moves makes me hate this almost as much as Aero, but at least these moves have STAB and actual base power.

Kind of tempted to try this team on X/Y, does anyone other than suremen (who seems inactive) have experience with Aron in Multi+AI?

EDIT: Final streak 124 wins, I don't want to talk about battle 125... 4W3G-WWWW-WWX2-EZ7T

Last edited:
Surprised there aren't more ORAS Multi with AI streaks posted, unlike XY there are actually default teams that don't suck.

I currently have an ongoing streak of 100 with a thrown together team of Aron+Mega Kangaskhan and Steven as my partner.
Video WU2W-WWWW-WWX2-CSAW
Not the best battle, but Aron still did his job of directing attacks.

Aron (lead) @ Berry Juice
lvl 1 Sturdy
Protect/Endeavor/Sandstorm/Stealth Rock
Pretty standard doubles Aron, Stealth Rock is primarily filler, but does manage to break Sashes and Sturdy if Aron has nothing better to do.

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Jolly (Adamant until battle 71) 4HP/252Atk/252Spe Scrappy
Fake Out/Sucker Punch/Earthquake/Double-Edge
Dual priority Kang, to pick off whatever Aron+Aero couldn't finish. Not the biggest fan of EQ but I don't know what else to put there, Parental Bond Double-Edge is just insanely powerful, switched to Jolly as I found Adamant too slow for what I needed Kang to do.

Aerodactyl (AI lead) @ Focus Sash
Jolly 252Atk/252Spe Rock Head
Rock Slide/Ice Fang/Fire Fang/Thunder Fang
I really hate the moveset on this thing, but when it manages to choose Rock Slide things go quite well. Works great with Aron, fast Rock Slides can provide flinches that let Aron survive another hit, Sash helps deal with the odd time the AI targets it rather than Aron, no chance of it selecting EQ and killing its partner (the AI seems to like spamming EQ, I've seen a number of times where the AI will use EQ against the Aron+Aero combo, even if the other opponent would be hit by it).

Metagross (AI) @ Metagrossite
Adamant 252Atk/252Def Clear Body
Bullet Punch/Meteor Mash/Zen Headbutt/Hammer Arm
Another mon with the ability to pick off weakened opponents. Outside of BP the Accuracy of the moves makes me hate this almost as much as Aero, but at least these moves have STAB and actual base power.

Kind of tempted to try this team on X/Y, does anyone other than suremen (who seems inactive) have experience with Aron in Multi+AI?
Have you considered Drain Punch over Earthquake? It has good power, hits Rock and Steel types well (but not Steel/Psychic, of course), and restores health, which is actually useful on something as bulky as Mega Kangaskhan. The downside is that it will trigger Flame Body/Sturdy, but you can't really avoid that except with Earthquake.

Have you considered Drain Punch over Earthquake? It has good power, hits Rock and Steel types well (but not Steel/Psychic, of course), and restores health, which is actually useful on something as bulky as Mega Kangaskhan. The downside is that it will trigger Flame Body/Sturdy, but you can't really avoid that except with Earthquake.
Forgot Kang got that again, I might try that for X/Y. I don't really use Kang for her bulk but being able to hit Rocks and Steels without worrying about damaging my partner (even if he is an idiot) sounds nice.

OR streak has ended at 124 wins, my previous post has been updated with the video at the bottom.

Cheers for all your comments!

Breloom - I think a substitute set may work better in my favour, Spore just isn't as guaranteed as substitute can be. Too many times Bre has been KOd due to early wakers. I don't currently have a technician available, but they should be easy to come across.

If I run technician & scarf, I'm thinking something like the following:

Spore
Low Sweep
Bullet Seed
coverage (Stone Edge?) Stone Edge's accuracy is probably too risky though.

Azumarill - May replace with a Togekiss, since I don't have special attacks, and plugs a couple holes in my team, namely fighting resistance.

Kangaskhan - Fake Out is great, however most of the time I have her out it's dead weight, so I'll drop it. She's my main sweeper. I think I'll use return, instead of double edge, and maybe crunch instead of sucker punch, Kanga is pretty fast on her own.

So something like:

Return
Power Up Punch
Earthquake
Crunch
I would advise Sucker Punch over Crunch, as 95% of the time you won't use either (or are against ghost types, which generally I just switch out on), and the priority on Sucker Punch can help against fast ghosts like Gengar. I guess it's really a personal preference thing, so try out both and see which you like better. Also make sure to lead with Kangaskhan, as sweeper Khan can take on most of the Maison herself. I guess I would advise switching Azumarill to Togekiss, as the main reason you'll switch out is for fast fighting types (Hawlucha, for one) and Azumarill is a bit on the slow side, and that extra speed on Togekiss will really help you out. Also make 100% sure that your moves have as high accuracy as possible - not only is the RNG in Maison stacked against you (I believe, anyway), but missing one move at the wrong time can and likely will cost you your streak. Even 95% accuracy is a pretty risky choice.
In a similar line of thought, speed is really important in Maison (unless Trick Room or Aegislash), with nasty status, crits, etc etc being tossed out fairly often, speed can be a deciding factor in battles, even more so than usual. I might recommend switching Breloom out to something better at dealing with Ghosts (you don't want to keep Khan in on quite a few of them) - Aegislash is a good Ghost/Fighting clearer. I used one myself and it complimented Kanga quite well, getting a free switch on most fighting types and being just a generally good mon makes it an excellent teammate for Khan. You could keep in Breloom if you want, but I'm not sure what it's adding to your team. Most things weak to grass are covered by Khan's EQ or Return, and using PuP on Fighting-weak mons can net you a boost and a KO (if you're boosted). Sleep isn't good because of the RNG (as you've stated yourself), and Breloom is too slow and frail without Spore to really be doing much. This last slot is really flexible, though, so take some time to find what you like. Good luck!

What is the minimum accuracy that a pokemon in the battle maison should use?
100% for main STABs. Minimum for most is Probably 90% if that is the highest you can go. That is why it is better to use Rock Slide over Stone Edge or Low Kick over HJK. Cant deal damage if you miss and if you want to go for long streaks, minimizing potential sources of hax is crucial and securing for yourself the accuracy of moves is one vital aspect.

100% for main STABs. Minimum for most is Probably 90% if that is the highest you can go. That is why it is better to use Rock Slide over Stone Edge or Low Kick over HJK. Cant deal damage if you miss and if you want to go for long streaks, minimizing potential sources of hax is crucial and securing for yourself the accuracy of moves is one vital aspect.
Is 99% good enough for a main STAB?

If you're going for 50 wins just to get the trophy, yes. If you want to have a go at cracking the leaderboard, no. That 1-in-100 miss will happen eventually and can directly result in a loss
I think this is a LITTLE extreme. You probably won't hit 1000 wins or make #1 on the leaderboard if you repeatedly rely on a 99% accuracy move, but you can get a fairly good streak doing so. It's worth noting that the current #8 Singles streak uses Wide Lens Play Rough Azumarill, and my 543 Singles streak used Air Slash Togekiss and relied on using it against a number of opponents. Air Slash missing wasn't the reason for my loss, and Play Rough missing wasn't the reason for Aircraft Cemetery's loss. Sure, it CAN mess you up (particularly against Bright Powder mons), but you'll usually make it out okay, especially if the 99% accuracy move isn't the lynchpin of your entire strategy. Using my team as an example, I used Air Slash sometimes, but I didn't use it in EVERY battle, whereas I used Aegislash's Shadow Sneak and Mega Kangaskhan's Return a lot more often. If those had been 99% accuracy moves, I probably wouldn't have made it as far.

tl;dr: 99% accuracy moves can be fine, even for pretty long streaks; it depends on how often you use them.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
I think this is a LITTLE extreme. You probably won't hit 1000 wins or make #1 on the leaderboard if you repeatedly rely on a 99% accuracy move, but you can get a fairly good streak doing so. It's worth noting that the current #8 Singles streak uses Wide Lens Play Rough Azumarill, and my 543 Singles streak used Air Slash Togekiss and relied on using it against a number of opponents. Air Slash missing wasn't the reason for my loss, and Play Rough missing wasn't the reason for Aircraft Cemetery's loss. Sure, it CAN mess you up (particularly against Bright Powder mons), but you'll usually make it out okay, especially if the 99% accuracy move isn't the lynchpin of your entire strategy. Using my team as an example, I used Air Slash sometimes, but I didn't use it in EVERY battle, whereas I used Aegislash's Shadow Sneak and Mega Kangaskhan's Return a lot more often. If those had been 99% accuracy moves, I probably wouldn't have made it as far.

tl;dr: 99% accuracy moves can be fine, even for pretty long streaks; it depends on how often you use them.
While I agree with you (non accurate moves have their place), the question was about main STAB options. Azumarill has Play Rough as secondary STAB because it should probably be sweeping with Belly Drum + Aqua Jet anyway, if Aqua Jet wasn't perfectly accurate then the strategy wouldn't be as viable. Air Slash wasn't Togekiss' main move on its set either as it's main role was to Yawn and Safeguard so your Kangskhan / Aegislash could get in safely. When a Pokemon's main move (ie: the one you rely on the most) is inaccurate then you're asking for trouble. Imagine how much more viable Tyranitar would be if it had a reliable rock move (just as an example).

I think to provide I better answer, Mulan15262 needs to tell us what the move + Pokemon are exactly

edit: auto correct had some funny fixes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)