ORAS OU 1st RMT- interesting core; beedrill balance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supersharpedo

Banned deucer.
Hi guys I'm new here, and was wondering if you could help me critique my team. It will legitimately be created ingame, thus event pokemon are pretty much out of the question. I've tested it on showdown and it has done fairly well:

Mega beedrill @beedrillite (adaptability)
Adamant nature
252 attack
252 speed
4 spDef

-u-turn
Knock off
Poison jab
Protect

Beedrill is my mega pokemon, and a very powerful glass cannon if used correctly. It's my main physical prowess, and hits much of the OU metagame hard. Protect is usually a must, and dual stab is helped from adaptability. I chose to run knock off, so I can use this as a wall breaker as well.

Ferrothorn Rocky helmet (iron barbs)
Relaxed nature
252 defense
248 hp
8 attack
IV: 0 speed

Gyro ball
Leech seed
Stealth rock
Thunder wave

Ferrothorn is my defensive wall, and does a good enough job at it, while it also shares a weakness w beedrill, that will be addressed. Thunderwave is there to paralyze sweepers That try to set up on him. Leech seed is for recovery and Gyro ball is just for some offense of move. He is also my stealth rock user because he's bulky enough to take one hit and be able to set it up.

Vaporeon Leftovers (water absorb)
Calm nature
252 spDF
252 hp
4 spA

Scald
Toxic
Protect
Wish

Vaporeon is my special wall and pairs well with ferrothorn. It resists fire, which ferrothorn is weak to, and ferrothorn resists vaporeons weaknesses. It's main job it to poison and stall out an opponent. It can also be used to burn things or wish pass to my other team members. While vaporeon isn't OU, it does a great job in the tear, however not surprising.

Sabeleye Leftovers (prankster)
Careful nature
128 spDF
128 defense
252 HP
4 attack

Recover
Will o wisp
Knock off
Rain dance

So this guy is here to burn things, meaning I hAve burn paralysis and toxic all on one team. He has knock off for wall breakers, and recover for reliable recovery. Now the question mark. Rain dance is there because it can be easily be set up by prankster, boost scald damage, lessen fire type damage to ferrothorn and beedrill, and allow my tornadus (coming up) to use hurricane reliably.

Tornadus Life Orb (prankster)
Modest nature
252 spA
252 speed
4 spDF

Hurricane
Heat wave
Grass knot
Tailwind

So like stated above, hurricane is used as STAB and has 100% accuracy in rain. Heat wave is for steel types that would wall tornadus. Grass knot is for bulky heavy waters, like slowbro. Now, tailwind is there because it benefits from prankster, and speeds up my team (mainly for beedrill sweeping capabilities). I run modest for the extra power, because I have tailwind to boost my speed.

Garchomp Choice Band (rough skin)
Jolly nature
252 attack
252 speed
4 spDF

Earthquake
Outrage
Stone edge
Poison jab

I'm running band Garchomp for pure power on this team. I run jolly because the band boosts his attack high enough, as well to out speed other adamant banded chomps. The moves are obvious, except for poison jab, which is purely for fairies, which I can predict to come in to avoid outrage. It does about 3/4 (iirc) to standard OU calm mind clefable.

Please rate my team and feel free to suggest changes, sets wise or new team members! Thank you!

Last edited:
Hello, this team is off to a good start. I'm not an expert rater, but we've all got to start somewhere. Anyway, this is what I think could be changed...

It appears that your team would also hate status too. Opposing Sableye can spread burn like there's no tomorrow on your team. I suggest you run heal bell on your vaporeon, because vaporeon has enough bulk to shrug off a few hits to ring the bell. I would make it replace toxic, but if you want to toxicstall, protect could be replaced.

As for you spreading status, you could be a hypocrit and run taunt on your sableye. This prevents other pokemon from using heal bell/aromatherapy which undoes your work. Taunt also stops boosters and hazard setters. Hazards that none of your teammates can spin/defog away. I would replace rain dance for this because while the perks of rain dance are neat, it only lasts 4 turns.

Finally, the hazard control. One who uses beedrill must make sure hazards don't get in its way. I would suggest excadrill over garchomp. Its got a better base attack than garchomp, but most importantly it can rapid spin. I've never been a fan of that pokemon, but if stealth rocks has got you down, try it. EQ is a pretty important move, and running excadrill won't make you give it up.

I like to make my team legitimately in-game too. I'd like to battle you sometime!

Prankster Rain Dance on Sableye is pretty neat, but it's really not worth it UNLESS you have a Rain Team. Still, if you want to use Rain Dance, maybe you could look into giving Sableye a Damp Rock instead of Leftovers? It gives you 8 turns of rain instead which might be more useful than 4.

Whenever I make a team, I try to keep in mind what are the most powerful threats in the tier. Pokemon like Talonflame are incredibly strong and can devastate teams if they're not prepared for it...and your team looks pretty Talonflame weak. Thunderus resists Brave Bird, but it's not the most defensive Pokemon out there. It's not a reliable stop to Talonflame. Most teams use Rotom W or Heatran as an answer to Talonflame. You don't have to use these Pokes, but if you could fit something in that could take hits from Talonflame that would be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)