Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really, because things like m-altaria, talonflame, m-pinsir, av conkeldurr, azumarill and bisharp exist. It is undeniably good once it sets up, but it struggles to do so, and even if it does set up there are many common pokemon that still beat it, so it isn't quite at the level that a pokemon of A+ should be.
I don't think you understand his meaning

Mega Alakazam was the only one that got +90, and that's likely because of an error or oversight.
They did all get +100 BST apart from Alakazam who only got +90 for some reason
I think this was because Alakazam' base form got 10 more base SpDef this gen. It's still kinda weird that they counted that as part of the Mega form's buff though. I know in the past there was an interview where they said there was a chance that Mega abilities and stats may be tinkered with (specifically in reference to Mega Kanga and Mega Zam).

I think this was because Alakazam' base form got 10 more base SpDef this gen. It's still kinda weird that they counted that as part of the Mega form's buff though. I know in the past there was an interview where they said there was a chance that Mega abilities and stats may be tinkered with (specifically in reference to Mega Kanga and Mega Zam).
Except Ampharos, Beedrill and Pidgeot also got +10 stat boosts this gen. The fact it got a stat boost along with a Mega +90 leads me to believe that this was an error or oversight; they were probably just looking at Gen 5 zam stats when deciding on the Mega and then someone added the +10 SpD at the last minute. Thanks Harold

So I saw that Unaware ignores all stat changes when calculating damage for moves, and I was wondering if Unaware also ignores changes in Speed that would alter the power of moves like Gyro Ball and Electro Ball (assuming there are others). Does anyone know this?

So I saw that Unaware ignores all stat changes when calculating damage for moves, and I was wondering if Unaware also ignores changes in Speed that would alter the power of moves like Gyro Ball and Electro Ball (assuming there are others). Does anyone know this?
No, it doesn't. It ignore STAT CHANGES, not the base power of moves. Hence, a fully setup Espeon using Stored Power will still have a Base 860 power, even though Unaware will ignore the stat changes. Likewise, Gyro Ball and Electro Ball will still have their respective base powers depending on the difference in speed.

Minor thing.

For a Latias set of
-Draco
-Psyshock
-Roost
-Healing Wish

I recall the EV spread being 72 HP/184 Sp Att/252 Speed.

Is there a specific benchmark those EVs are meant to hit, or is one sort of a "dump everything when done" stat?

Minor thing.

For a Latias set of
-Draco
-Psyshock
-Roost
-Healing Wish

I recall the EV spread being 72 HP/184 Sp Att/252 Speed.

Is there a specific benchmark those EVs are meant to hit, or is one sort of a "dump everything when done" stat?
That spread was used so as to 100% live ice beam from greninja. I'm not too sure if it is still used, or even viable anymore though.

That spread was used so as to 100% live ice beam from greninja. I'm not too sure if it is still used, or even viable anymore though.
According to the analysis, it's also to avoid LO Thundurus 2HKOing with HP Ice and for LO number of its own. Guess it's worth it. I got a 31/x/31/30/29/31 Latias from AS, so I wanted to see if it was really eeking out any survivals it would miss.

which is chandelure niche in OU? can someone tell me the best set?
It'd probably be the Scarf set. Chandelure has a high Special Attack stat which is offset by his low speed, that's why Scarf suits him best. I'd suggest going with Flamethrower, Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, and Fire Blast/Psychic. Max SpAt and Spe with a Modest or Timid nature.

Someone else would have to get this confirmed since I don't have experience with/against it, but I'm pretty sure it's a common enough (albeit a little fast) Pokemon on TR teams. I assume due to it's nuking capabilities and unique typing.

Two questions: How often are the dex analyses updated (what with ORAS having come out two months ago)? And does Haxorus have any niche at all in OU? Sorry for harping on about that, but my recent run of Y gave me a new appreciation for the axehead and I really would like to see if there was a way to use him in OU.

Two questions: How often are the dex analyses updated (what with ORAS having come out two months ago)? And does Haxorus have any niche at all in OU? Sorry for harping on about that, but my recent run of Y gave me a new appreciation for the axehead and I really would like to see if there was a way to use him in OU.
Someone from C&C can probably answer this better, but I believe that new dex entries are only added once the set in question has passed quality control and has had the grammar checked. The amount of time taken can vary depending on how well done the initial draft is, the turnaround time between edit recommendations and the editing of the post, and other factors.

As for Haxorus, while he is very niche, he's not without use. Your best bet is something along the lines of a LO set with Taunt / SD or Dragon Dance / Dragon Claw / Coverage to take advantage of Mold Breaker Taunt. The choice between SD and DD will depend on whether you need him to have a better matchup against Stall or Offense, and the coverage move will depend on what the other 5 members can handle. However, the set suffers from severe 4MSS, so while it's not unusable, unless you really need that Mold Breaker Taunt you're likely better off using something else.

Haxorus has a great niche of being a Dragon Dancer with Mold Breaker Taunt (which is great for getting through Mega Sableye's Magic Bounce). The advantages of this over Megagyara are that it has a much better base speed and it doesn't take up the mega slot.

Haxorus has a great niche of being a Dragon Dancer with Mold Breaker Taunt (which is great for getting through Mega Sableye's Magic Bounce). The advantages of this over Megagyara are that it has a much better base speed and it doesn't take up the mega slot.
well if you want to get rid off sableye using gyarados it willl be slower than Haxorus but will be faster than sableye anyways, and HE IS WORTH the mega slot

Gyarados is definitely worth his mega slot, but not for every team. And for those that can't afford to run him, Haxorus does his job well enough to deserve his own niche. His higher speed also allows him to deal with a few other threats as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)