Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Are stat drops a decimal or a fraction? Say my pokemon has an attack stat of 200, and it gets intimdated, 200 x 0.67 is 134, while 200 x (2/3) is 133.333. So which stat is right?

I'm not entirely sure where this should go, since it's not exactly a question, but there are some redundant sprites in that folder. The ones I've seen so far are a placeholder hoopa_mega sprite for Hoopa Unbound (which we have the real thing of), two versions of the Rotom Formes, one with the abbreviation and one without (so there's rotom_w and rotom_wash, for instance), and shapedo_mega.

How come Victreebel(so epic wut) can't learn Power Whip AND Sucker Punch?
Come on Showdown, how stupid. I expected better attention to detail on pokemon like Victreebel because yeah Victreebel

joethemaster

Intermolecular Despots and Kittens
How come Victreebel(so epic wut) can't learn Power Whip AND Sucker Punch?
Come on Showdown, how stupid. I expected better attention to detail on pokemon like Victreebel because yeah Victreebel
This is because it is an illegal moveset combination. Power Whip must be bred as an egg move in gen 5/6 and you have to get sucker punch from a victreebel before gen 4, making both on the same set impossible

Pokemon showdown won't let me log on, sometimes I enter my password and nothing happens, sometimes it doesn't even give me the option to enter my password, the download version lets me log on, but it annoys me that the sprites are still 5th gen so, I have two questions:
1. any suggestions on how I can attempt to log on to the internet version?
2. is there a way to update the sprites to 6th gen on the download version?

daz oakland

Banned deucer.
oh my lord talking about server registration i have followed all rules for setting up a showdown server everything is ready to i am just waiting for these damn masters to register my server i was told that is will be registration day from feb today is feb so lets wait and see but they did say that emails will be added as a security measure that's whats most likl holding this up

JSteele just suck it up if you lost you'r screen shot its hard shit buddy what you can do is try going to your internet history and looking to see if the page was deleted or not but other wise no evidence is insufficient evidence and there is no point in requesting a ban people can just reset routers and the person you got banned can return to were they left of sorry this conversation is a no no

Last edited by a moderator:
Where would I find a list of what the different formats are and their rules, as well as an explanation of their abbreviations?

Okay, the question is:
There's roomintro that has buttons. One of them should send message to the chat (Greetings message, nothing special). How should I specify onclick to do that? What should the Javascript code look like?

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Where would I find a list of what the different formats are and their rules, as well as an explanation of their abbreviations?
http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/tags/ has all the formats and their rules. All the tiers have a letter and then U, standing for used (UnderUsed = UU, etc.).
In addition to these there's also Doubles and Little Cup (LC) in addition to several formats not "officially" supported by Smogon; these can usually be found by a simple Google search.

I have a question. I recently got my first laptop (lenovo, intel 7, 1TB, 8GB Mem) and for some reason I am unable to play on showdown without installing it. So, my question is this. If I install Showdown could i get any viruses? Please reply as quickly as possible, i could really use your- anyone's help on the matter. I absolutely love the monstrous community that's Showdown and Pokemon, but I cannot enjoy these luxuries without the sufficient knowledge to trust this install. Thanks for reading, and even bigger thanks if you reply.
Sincerely,
TheRantingCrobat

I have a question. I recently got my first laptop (lenovo, intel 7, 1TB, 8GB Mem) and for some reason I am unable to play on showdown without installing it. So, my question is this. If I install Showdown could i get any viruses? Please reply as quickly as possible, i could really use your- anyone's help on the matter. I absolutely love the monstrous community that's Showdown and Pokemon, but I cannot enjoy these luxuries without the sufficient knowledge to trust this install. Thanks for reading, and even bigger thanks if you reply.
Sincerely,
TheRantingCrobat
Obviously you will not get any virus due to install Pokemon Showdown app. You can also play Pokemon Showdown in your web browser. If your browser is incompatible, you can try others like Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.

scene

Banned deucer.
Sincerely,
TheRantingCrobat
no, ps will not give your computer viruses (installing antivirus software like avast would let you sleep in peace, too)

How exactly do the ladder-stats work? There are three different stats (Elo, GXE, Glicko-1). I know that Elo is basically the important one which just gets higher if you win a battle or lower if you lose one. But what about the other two (and what do the names stand for)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)