XY UU My Attempt At A Competetive Team!

I have a lot of Pokemon I think are awesome that just don't seem to get a lot of love, So I tried to see what I could do and so far it has gone pretty well. The reason I'm here is to get some advice from all who take the time to read about and help this team. But enough of my typing for now, let me show you the team.

Charbok (Arbok) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Coil
- Gunk Shot
- Sucker Punch
- Seed Bomb

Arbok is personally one of my favorite pokemon, but with his admittedly poor stats he does always cut it (but I tried my best xD). I went with the usual Coil/Gunkshot pairing for some nice STAB damage, along with Sucker Punch for the usual psychic encounters I've had online. And Seed Bomb to at least deal some damage out the Ground/Rock Types trying to use Earthquake.

Ishmael (Wailord) @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 8 HP / 248 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Rest
- Amnesia
- Curse
- Heavy Slam

I felt a wall was in order, and so far this team has become rather bulky. So my first choice ended up being Wailord. He's ready to take as many hits as possible and to dish out as much damage as this blue blimp can.

Giggles (Gigalith) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

This is a nice wall so far, He can always get rocks up and if he gets the chance he can also dish out a lot of damage. Still, has a fair amount of problems if entry hazards are in to stop sturdy. (If you have suggestions for a replacement they would be much appreciated!)

Megazord (Yanmega) @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash
- Giga Drain
- Protect

I love him to death but I couldn't think of an appropriate move set for him (Thanks Benohver :D) But yeah, quick special attacker which has proven pretty good so far xD

Guppy (Sharpedo) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Destiny Bond

He dies quick, but while he's up he can deal some pretty nice damage and take his opponent down with him. With the STAB Waterfall and Crunch he can get in a painful quick hit. With Ice fang he has a little more variety in his moveset. and Destiny bond as a last ditch effort to take out whatever is causing the trouble or to force a switch.

Histry (Torterra) @ Leftovers
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Seed Bomb
- Earthquake
- Synthesis

This is proving to be a real monster, The only thing I'm considering is replacing Synthesis with Protect for the Leftovers extra usage. Other than that he has took out most Pokemon he's encountered thanks to his hard hitting moveset and massive amounts of bulk.

Thanks to everyone that sat through this, I'm pretty new to all this so if I made a mistake I apologize and will attempt to fix it whenever possible!

Thanks for Reading!

Last edited:

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus
EVs: 4 SpD / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash
- Giga Drain
- Protect
Toxic and U-turn aren't needed on yanmega as it is an all out sweeper. I also changed the 4 HP evs to Special Defense so you dont take as much damage from stealth rocks or life orb

EVs: 4 SpD / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash
- Giga Drain
- Protect
Toxic and U-turn aren't needed on yanmega as it is an all out sweeper. I also changed the 4 HP evs to Special Defense so you dont take as much damage from stealth rocks or life orb
Thanks, changes have been made and the reccomendation is really appreciayed!

im sorry but neither wailord, gigalith, arbok, and torterra are viable in uu. im not too sure what to do to make it better, so id prolly just start from scratch with a little bit of help from someone whos knowledgable of the tier.

i may as well suggest some changes, however. firstly, sharpedo needs protect to reliably get speed boosts due to how frail it is. protect should be run over destiny bond.

the best replacement for gigalith in uu is rhyperior, so go with that. the set to run is earthquake/stone edge/stealth rock and either roar, protect, or megahorn. the spread should be either 16 attack 248 hp 244 special defense with an adamant nature, or 252 atk/252 hp with an adamant nature again. this could probably let u remove torterra and replace it with something that checks water types more reliably.

after that, ud want to run something that can check dragons like aromatisse or florges and a reliable fighting check.

actually thinking about it, whimsicott could work as the fourth mon on this team. it cant break bulky waters, however, so ud need to pair it with something that can outspeed/2hko suicune. there are a few spreads for whimsicott, and i dont use whims so i dont know what spread is most effective. whatever u do dont use sub seed whims as it accomplishes nothing and is pointlessly frustrating. specs, offensive support with moves like tailwind, encore, and uturn are prolly the better sets right now.

although if u decide to go with florges or aromatisse u could then go with like slowking or suicune as a replacement for wailord. suicune would be a standard 252 def/hp calm mind scald sleep talk rest w/ leftovers, and slowking would be physically defensive with scald, psyshock, nasty plot, slack off.

asfor the last slot u could go with hazard control, and ud want a check for snorlax as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)