ORAS OU Faded Memories

Level 56

Faded memories
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 6th Grand Slam Winner
INTRODUCTION:

Hello guys! Level 56 here with my third RMT, tho this is my first OU RMT. When i started playing XY OU, i wanted to make an offensive team as i really love playing offense. Mega mawile, my favourite pokemon, i decided to make a team with it as it is a great stallbreaker, so the team I made did quite well. After sometime, a tour named fuk fairies was about to start and as the name tells, mons that are fairy types were illegal. So now i needed a replacement for mawile. I decided to use mega-medicham as its a great physical attacker (much like mawile but it lacks bulk), which turned out to be very good and it functioned quite well In that team but it wasn't better than mawile at breaking stall. I won the Fuk Fairies tour using that team (http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/fuk-fairies-finals-won-by-level-56.3516707/).

Now that ORAS is released, i wanted to test many new mega-evolutions like mega metagross and mega lopunny instead of mega medicham. After testing both of them, mega metagross became a member of this team. 3 weeks ago I was able to peak on the ORAS OU ladder on PS! Using this new version of the team with mega metagross.
2014-12-21--16_34_25.jpg

Also used this team to get reqs for greninja suspect test, I gave this team to many people in the ubers community and they made the reqs quite easily, like poweredbyrevenge, dilwar, exiline etc
2014-12-28--01_23_37.jpg

So I thought it is time to make RMT of the team which has been quite successful.

TEAM AT A GLANCE:

Infernape_XY.gif
keldeo-resolute.gif
Bisharp_XY.gif

149.gif
642.png
376-m.png

TEAM UNDER THE MICROSCOPE:

Infernape

Infernape_XY.gif

The Job (Infernape) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Vacuum Wave
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Endeavor

Infernape is the first member of this team. Its not that popular as a lead but Lead infernape is not that bad as it can easily set up stealth rocks due to its nice speed. Its also better than other lead mons because it has access to endeavor + vaccum wave. Endeavor is very useful vs stall teams, the only style this team struggles a little bit. Fire blast is STAB move which hits hard specially if infernape is at low health. Its a lead which gives an offensive team the momentum it needs.

Keldeo

keldeo-resolute.gif

The Seige (Keldeo-Resolutel) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Keldeo is one of my favourite pokemon in OU. Its a complete monster just like it was in BW OU and with choice specs this thing becomes even more threatening. No wonder every team has something that can deal with this guy. Keldeo is basically used as a bisharp check in this team as offensive teams are always weak to bisharp, it is also the only reliable switch-in to heatran since many mons don't enjoy switching into lava plume due to the possibility of a burn. It also acts as a great stallbreaker as it can come in multiple times due to stealth rock resistance and spam scalds.
Secret sword is a gift for keldeo because it hits very hard and its damage is based on defenae which makes chansey useless vs keldeo. Scald is a great STAB move for keldeo with a great secondary effect. Icy wind is for stuff like dragonite, latios/latias as they resist keldeo's STAB moves. And hydro pump, its a strong move that ohko's nearly everything that does not resist it but it also sucks when it misses due to its 80% accuracy.

Bisharp

Bisharp_XY.gif

The Renewed Fear (Bisharp) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Swords dance

Bisharp is a great offensive mon which acts mosty as a late game sweeper and more importantly a deadly stallbreaker, tho it loses to damn quagsire. It does great vs mons like slowbro, celebi, jirachi etc, which is also one of the reason this guy is in this team. Knock off spam is just great and is still alive and well. Iron head is STAB is mainly for stuff like clefable and altaria
Swords dance is to get rid of stall more quickly and is also useful in many situations. Sucker punch gives bisharp priority and it helps greatly in late game sweeping.

Dragonite

149.gif

The Soul Eater (Dragonite) @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

Dragonite...is indeed a very nice mon overall, helping this team in multiple ways. First of all, its a beast vs offensive teams, its extreme speed + choice band is so powerful that it 2hko's any offensive mon which does not resist it, making it a great late game sweeper. Espeed is very useful against talonflame which is a threat to any offensive team. Secondly, dragonite is most of the times my switch-in to opposing keldeo, like if my keldeo is at 80% health and is locked into scald and my opponent's keldeo comes in, probably its going to use secret sword, so in this scenario dragonite comes into action. Thirdly, its a great stall breaker as it is blessed with nice bulk, ability and sheer power, 2hko'ing walls like hippo and quagsire with outrage. Fire punch is for stuff like ferro and scizor. Earthqauke is to not get useless vs heatran.

Thundurus

642.png

The Order (Thundurus) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Superpower
- Thunder Wave

Thundurus, this mon is just great in OU, just because how many roles it plays in a battle. It checks bird spam teams, setup sweepers and being a good pokemon in general vs offense. As it might have been clear by now, the team has no real mega-gyarados checks, thats why thundurus is there, to prevent gyarados from sweeping. Even if gyarados predicts and uses waterfall on the switch-in, its still easy to handle it since this team has strong offensive mons (I say this because I have gone through this scenario many times). The moveset is standard. I use superpower instead of focus blast coz of fb's terrible accuracy. I'm not entirely sure whether thundurus's evs can be improved or not, so i'll wait for suggestions.

Mega-metagross

376-m.png

The Gate Crasher (Metagross-Mega) @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Hammer Arm
- Bullet Punch
- Zen Headbutt

As you have already read that first this was mawile's spot. After mawile's ban, medicham took this spot and now metagross. Till now, I have really enjoyed using metagross. It can run different kinds of movesets which works so cool thanks to tough claws with amazing speed and bulk. Its a complete nightmare for fairy type mons. I have changed metagross's set like 10 times and this set looks the most better to me. Meteor mash is a great STAB move hitting everything like hell if one does not resist it and sometimes its even cooler when the secondary effect comes into action. Zen headbutt is also STAB with a nice 30% flinch chance. Hammer arm is better than Earthqauke due to many reasons. It 2hko's ferro, heatran and wins vs skarmory, where as Earthqauke only helps vs heatran so yeah. Bullet is very useful in many situations and gives priority.

IMPORTABLE:

http://pastebin.com/6KnDe3y0

REPLAYS:

Some replays that give an idea how the team works.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ou-19765 Vs ojama for fuk fairies quarter finals.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-195684996 Vs RS Swept for no.1 rank on ladder

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-161029629 for finals of the fuk fairies.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ou-33591 Kevin Garret Vs Kratosmana for SPL 6 Week 2.

CONCLUSION:

So there is the team guys, I would love to get some good suggestions that can improve the team, if there are any. I have really enjoyed using this team as it has given me decent amount of success in this tier.
Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Looks like a good team here

Only thing is that Grass Knot might be better on Meta over Bullet Punch [along with the corresponding Hasty nature]. Seems like the stalls with Quag will be a lot easier to break this way since Skarm will be the only thing in Metagross' way of sweeping and you can dent that with Dragonite. Also helpful vs Hippo who honestly looks sort of annoying to your team on the lowkey since it can roost off hp ices. I can see a balanced team using the removal of Keldeo as a win condition to win with hippo+Steel or something. You can definitely play around it as is but I feel like it'd be easier with Grass Knot. I guess Diancie is slightly annoying without BP so it's up to you.

Idk if Dnite needs all those speed EVs, you probably aren't seeing many other CB Dragonite so it might be better to just creep up to fast Scizor and throw the rest in HP while maintaing an odd number for SR.

Level 56

Faded memories
Looks like a good team here

Only thing is that Grass Knot might be better on Meta over Bullet Punch [along with the corresponding Hasty nature]. Seems like the stalls with Quag will be a lot easier to break this way since Skarm will be the only thing in Metagross' way of sweeping and you can dent that with Dragonite. Also helpful vs Hippo who honestly looks sort of annoying to your team on the lowkey since it can roost off hp ices. I can see a balanced team using the removal of Keldeo as a win condition to win with hippo+Steel or something. You can definitely play around it as is but I feel like it'd be easier with Grass Knot. I guess Diancie is slightly annoying without BP so it's up to you.

Idk if Dnite needs all those speed EVs, you probably aren't seeing many other CB Dragonite so it might be better to just creep up to fast Scizor and throw the rest in HP while maintaing an odd number for SR.
I like your suggestion of using grass knot on metagross as quagsire and hippo are somewhat annoying for the team. I think I'll be using grass knot instead of zen headbutt since zen headbutt is mainly for stuff like keldeo + rotom, grass knot can also do the job. Bullet punch is must because this team's weakness to diancie is huge.

I'll put those EVs into dragonite's hp right away.

Thanks for the suggestions and rate!

Reactions: pj
I like your suggestion of using grass knot on metagross as quagsire and hippo are somewhat annoying for the team. I think I'll be using grass knot instead of zen headbutt since zen headbutt is mainly for stuff like keldeo + rotom, grass knot can also do the job. Bullet punch is must because this team's weakness to diancie is huge.

I'll put those EVs into dragonite's hp right away.

Thanks for the suggestions and rate!
It's worth noting that Grass Knot does very little damage to Keldeo and Rotom because of their low weight. Grass Knot gets middling base power versus Keldeo and minimum versus Rotom. This is especially bad versus sub CM Keldeo.

Overall, I quite like the team but I have a hard time rating hyper offense since I have no idea how to play it. I saw your replays and the one game against Latios, but how do you fare vs the Lati twins most of the time? I feel like without Pursuit trapping they could become problematic for your team.

Level 56

Faded memories
It's worth noting that Grass Knot does very little damage to Keldeo and Rotom because of their low weight. Grass Knot gets middling base power versus Keldeo and minimum versus Rotom. This is especially bad versus sub CM Keldeo.

Overall, I quite like the team but I have a hard time rating hyper offense since I have no idea how to play it. I saw your replays and the one game against Latios, but how do you fare vs the Lati twins most of the time? I feel like without Pursuit trapping they could become problematic for your team.
I know that grass knot doesn't do much to keldeo and rotom-w, what my point is that when i will not use grass knot vs keldeo unless it is at like 45%, keldeo with sub cm set is not much of a problem as i have dragonite for it as sub keldeo does not carry icy wind/hp ice. By looking at your opponent's team one can know what his opponent has for metagross, so by knowing that I can always use hammer arm when rotom-w switches in, which does nice damage with SR and the next time rotom-w won't be able to direct switch in due to low health.

Latios/latias are not that problematic for the team, as u may have seen in the replay, most people lead with latias/latios vs infernape and in the process latias/latios lose vs infernape thanks to endeavor + vaccum wave. If my opponent does not lead with latios/latias, at some point during the game my opponent will probably switch latios/latias in to use defog and other stuff. For example, my keldeo is on the field and the only switch in to keldeo is latias/latios, by using scald/secret sword depending on the situation latias/latios now comes to 50% health by taking damage from move damage + sr damage and from there I can go to metagross which can deal with latias/latios easily. I say this because I have faced this situation many times and latios/latias hasn't been a problem for me. Dragonite can also ohko latios/latias with espeed if they are at 55-60% health.

Latest rate, but just want to say this team is amazing! Really thankful as it allowed me to get reqs with a clean GXE of 82 while peaking at 6th (highest I've ever been). Also like the small shoutout, hehe.

One thing I changed about it is Keldeo. I dropped Specs for a Sub-CM set, which did wonders against stall. It also hard countered Mega Sableye, which was a pretty big threat otherwise. Specs did well against Sableye too but the lack of lefties and my opp being able to switch made it hard to beat, as Keldeo would be worn down and what not. I don't know if this was a good change, but I'm quite biased as I LOVE Sub-CM Keldeo. Since I had Sub-CM Keldeo which improved my match up against stall, I dropped SD on Bisharp for Pursuit. It was big for the Latis and came through a lot of times, such as trapping Scarfed Lando-T locked into the wrong move and things like Slowbro who have fun when Thundurus is down.

Bullet Punch on Metagross is so clutch, and Dragonite is a God. Dragonite is just amazing against all types of teams. Also just curious, is there a reason why Infernape is special? Because I like Iron Fist Mach Punch, I haven't used it but the extra power looks attractive. Also I see you love Endeavor lmao, you used it in your Ubers team too. It's a great move.

Last edited:

Level 56

Faded memories
Latest rate, but just want to say this team is amazing! Really thankful as it allowed me to get reqs with a clean GXE of 82 while peaking at 6th (highest I've ever been). Also like the small shoutout, hehe.

One thing I changed about it is Keldeo. I dropped Specs for a Sub-CM set, which did wonders against stall. It also hard countered Mega Sableye, which was a pretty big threat otherwise. Specs did well against Sableye too but the lack of lefties and my opp being able to switch made it hard to beat, as Keldeo would be worn down and what not. I don't know if this was a good change, but I'm quite biased as I LOVE Sub-CM Keldeo. Since I had Sub-CM Keldeo which improved my match up against stall, I dropped SD on Bisharp for Pursuit. It was big for the Latis and came through a lot of times, such as trapping Scarfed Lando-T locked into the wrong move and things like Slowbro who have fun when Thundurus is down.

Bullet Punch on Metagross is so clutch, and Dragonite is a God. Dragonite is just amazing against all types of teams. Also just curious, is there a reason why Infernape is special? Because I like Iron Fist Mach Punch, I haven't used it but the extra power looks attractive. Also I see you love Endeavor lmao, you used it in your Ubers team too. It's a great move.
I'm glad you were able to get reqs.

Your suggestion looks very interesting, sub cm keldeo is a beast but I haven't used it that much in OU as i love specs keldeo but its sub cm set provides great stallbreaking strength to this team, so I'm definitely going to try this.

Thanks for the rate!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)