XY OU Mega Diancie used Skill Swap! A truly competitive Team

Hola Smogon. Below you will find the most competitive team I have ever come up with it. It is not at all super reliable and matches up poorly well against every archetype right now. In the words of a famous and well respected Youtuber:
This team is even more OP than a team of 6 Stockpile Snorlaxes!
It got me to a ranking of 1250 with a w/l-ratio of about 50-45, evidence to its overpoweredness.

Ok, to be honest, the team itself is pretty weak with the strategy behind it easily countered by one single move every Pokemon gets: Switching. Nevertheless, it is a lot of fun to use in the lower or mid ladder if gaining points isn't the main focus. I also have not seen anything alike so I thought I'd just post this and see if you could come up with some fun stuff to add to this.
The aim of the team is to set up Sticky Web on your OWN side of the field, activating the abilities Defiant (Bisharp), Competitive (Gothi and Milotic) and Contrary (Serperior) upon switching in. With Sticky web up, these mons (bar Serp, which gets Speed) get an instant +2 (Sp)Atk raise which can be quite overwhelming especially if Trick room manages to go up aswell.

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Skill Swap
- Protect
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock

Diancie will lead 99% of the time, as the team can't get started without it. Diancie is supposed to do one thing only, that being m-evolving and swapping Magic Bounce. If it manages to get up Rocks too, the better. Explosion so it can make place for Smeargle to come in safely, -Atk nature 0 Atk IVs Explosion so Diancie is less likely to KO the new proud owner of Magic Bounce which it really shouldn't do. Explosion still is too powerful though :( As any opponent who isn't tripping on acid will at this point stop and question what the fuck that was for, it is time to get derpy and pretend to be a clueless fuck. It could look like this:
★opponent: lol?
★me: oh shit did i jsut gviez u magic bounz? fukc i thught taht was a pwoerful move loool

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Sticky Web
- Trick Room
- Magic Coat
- Explosion

In comes Smeargle. A good play is to make use of the chat function and drop a showdown classic:
★me: OMFFFFFG CANCEL cnacel plssss
From here I either set up a TR followed by Sticky Web, or an instant web if priority could kill. Magic Coat to bounce back Taunt. Explosion to get the hell out of there and save important trick room turns. The functionality of the whole team depends on that one turn, so in case a switch happens right there I'd be stuck with a slow and weak team and most likely lose. lel. But it's a fun team so who cares.

THE BOOSTS!!111 (Bisharp) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Low Kick

Go! THE BOOSTS111 (Bisharp)!
THE BOOSTS111 was caught in a sticky web!
THE BOOSTS111's Speed fell!
THE BOOSTS111's Defiant sharply raised its Attack!
★me: lel
Bisharp was chosen as it is undeniably the best abuser of Defiant. As Bisharp should be at +2 upon switching in anyway threatening nearly the whole tier, I thought Lum was better than LO, as priority Willow from Sableye would be neutered (it has to m-evolve to survive an Iron head, so it won't have a chance to willow twice). Together with Milotic Bisharp should be able to keep the opponent from defogging and getting rid of Webs for a while if not the whole game. Low kick nails Ferrothorn and opposing Bisharps to save valuable TR turns.

THE BOOSTS!!111 (Milotic) @ Mystic Water
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 196 HP / 60 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Recover

This thing is a powerhouse (at +2, otherwise it is just a bulkier Wailord). The EV spread allows it to take 2 Sharp Beak Brave Birds from Talonflame most of the time if rocks aren't up. Mystic Water over any other Item to not waste Milotic's good bulk. Hydro is the move to be spammed anyway. Unfortunately there aren't many different Pokes to chose from when it comes to Competitive.

THE BOOSTS!!111 (Gothitelle) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Gothitelle is the only Defiant/Competitive mon that gets TR iirc so it is part of the squad. Psychic/ghost gives it decent coverage, while HP Ground kills Bisharp and Magnezone and at least weakens Heatran quite a bit which helps serperior a lot (there even is a slim chance to OHKO SpDef Heatran.)

THE BOOSTS!!111 (Serperior) @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Instead of another Defiant/Competitive-Mon Serperior was added because it was new when I made this team and I just wanted to use it. Web gives it +1 speed, making it outspeed everything bar priority. It is supposed to come in late game and hopefully clean up. However the team doesn't support Serp that well and Talonflame is a huge threat already, plus speed is not the biggest stone in Serperiors way anyway. Might not be a perfect fit.

Well, that was the team. I've had so much fun playing with this and just HAD TO share it. It catches people off-guard and makes them drop their jaws when being faced with a couple of naturally boosted 'mons in a game they were thinking to play with an utter retard.

Threatlist: A lot. And switching.

importable: http://pastebin.com/sQsRmpTW

Last edited:
Good lord, this has to be one of the best gimmick teams I've ever seen. I'm in two minds about it's overall effectiveness, but fucking Hell it looks fun. XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)