Ability: Contrary
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Mirror Coat

Ah, yes. The dreaded contrary Serperior. Great way to start off. (1) 130 base damage + STAB + free nasty plot. If Serp sets up, it can easily OHKO a large amount of pokemon. God forbid it gets to x4 SpA. (2)It's an excellent revenge killer, due to having great speed and a 130 base damage STAB move that rewards you if you hit something with it. (3)I chose specs over life orb just for that extra attack bonus, and I never really use anything other than leaf storm.

Landsharknado (Garchomp) (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Perhaps one of the most hated pokemon ever, and newest addition to my team, Garchomp. (1) Rocky helmet is really useful for getting just that little bit extra to punish physical attackers. (2) I chose this specific moveset to destroy anything that isn't reasonably bulky, and kill fairies who think they can pull off an easy OHKO.

Vaccum Cleaner (Charizard) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Ancient Power
- Solar Beam
- Defog

Do I even need to explain what Charizard is? (1)I really needed a defogger or rapid spinner, and Smeargle is already full. (2)Solar beam lets me OHKO Azumarill and other water types who think they can harm Charizard. (3)I chose Y over X because it just has better cover moves. Ancient Power handles other Charizards and Talonflames, Solar Beam covers water types and rock types, and Fire Blast destroys everything that stands in its path.

Doesn't Die (Umbreon) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Foul Play
- Confuse Ray
- Heal Bell
- Moonlight

It really lives up to its name. (1)Needed cleric support for my team, and here it is. (2)I've used Umbreon in several past teams, and it is so absurdly tanky. I recently played a game, a Dragonite with x2.5 attack used dragon claw on Umbreon and left it with 13 hp, which brings me to my next point... (3)After being nearly OHKOed by the Dragonite, Umbreon OHKO the dragonite with foul play. (4)Confuse ray really helps stay alive, and has won the game for me previously. (5)Moonlight has reliable health regen and really just helps drive its tankyness through the roof.

Picasso (Smeargle) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic Spikes

Perhaps the most iconic setup Pokemon, Smeargle. (1)I used Tentacruel on a previous team, but I really needed something that could set up more than just toxic spikes. In came Smeargle to save the day! (2)I chose this specific movepool because Sticky Web is extremely useful, and has been the difference between winning and losing in many, many games. I have the same reason for Toxic Spikes

Dirk (Froslass) (F) @ Icy Rock
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Shadow Ball
- Hail
- Pain Split

"OH YOU HAVE A GARCHOMP? HOW CUTE" (1)With 110 base speed, it's my second speediest Pokemon, and can easily outspeed many dragon types. (2)Hail and blizzard is deadly. (3)I chose Cursed Body over Snow Veil because disabling a move can be very debilitating for some Pokemon, especially choice users.
(4)Pain split helps it stay alive longer, as well as damaging the enemy somewhat.

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'll probs give this a more in-depth look bit later, tired n_n, so just a few things that should be addressed:

I would replace Specs on Serperior for Life Orb. Specs doesn't net any specific KO's that LO cannot. Also, replace mirror coat with HP Fire.

Lum Berry>Rocky Helmet on Garchomp. Also, replace Iron head with Dragon Claw to hit Rotom-w since most fairies bar Unaware Clefable are OHKO'ed by +2 Earthquake anyways.

Get rid of Defog and Ancient Power on Charizard and replace it with Roost and Focus Blast/EQ. Roost gives you more longevity and Focus miss hits Heatran and Tyranitar nicely. Earthquake could be used to OHKO Heatran though.

Umbreon, Smeargle, Froslass really don't fit on your team. They aren't particularly viable tbh.
I would run a spinner/defogger on your team. A defensive Starmie would fit nicely, completing a FWG core. A spread of 248 HP / 16 SDef / 244 Spe with Scald, Recover, Rapid Spin and Reflect type lets you spin away rocks as well as crippling Keldeo and Azumarill with burns. Also trolling dark types with Reflect Type is nice.

Looking at your team, you have a big weakness to Talonflame and birdspam in general. I would probs put Rhyperior in. With Solid Rock, it nicely checks Talonflame, Pinsir and Staraptor. Use a spread of 212 HP / 44 Atk / 252 Def with an Adamant Nature, with Stealth Rock, Ice Punch, Earthquake and Rock Blast.

Finally, you lack a revenge killer and a stallbreaker. I'll probably end this rate right now until I do more testing on what Pokemon you could use for the last slot.

Gl hf and hope I helped. Welcome to Smogon, bud :)

I'm not entirely sure what your team is trying to do. You're running a suicide lead intending to stack hazards but you have a Defogger, and your Defogger can't safely switch into hazards anyway due to 4x weakness to Rocks and no recovery. I think you're going about your lead wrong, hazard stacking with a suicide lead and Defog support (which clears your hazards too) is entirely counter-intuitive.
My advice would be change your Zard Y to the set suggested above, Zard Y is a hot-blooded wallbreaker and not designed for Defog support, you don't ideally run Defog on something that loses 50% of its HP to the hazards its removing.
Secondly, Smeargle is shit and a suicide lead hazard stacker is pretty redundant even if we ignore Defog, hazard stack ideally builds up hazards throughout the game and your stackers stay alive to reset them should they be cleared to wear down opposing teams. Starting with the universal hazards though, Rocks are what you need. I'd advise running Garchomp as an SD lead Chomp, or maybe run Defensive Landoge to handle Talonflame better. Lead Chomp is fundamentally the same as your current Chomp except with Rocks over Stone Edge, Lum or Focus Sash over Rocky Helmet (which really belongs on defensive Chomp and nothing else) and a Dragon STAB over Iron Head (which is actually universal on every Chomp, don't run Chomp without Dragon STAB, and Iron Head is a waste).
Umbreon has lost its lustre this gen, he was always pretty weak to Fighting which is pretty damn common, but now Fairies are here to give him grief as well, Doesn't Die can actually die quite easily and is therefore not the best choice for your cleric (and never really was since he's a bit too passive for a team this offensive). My advise would be to either run Sylveon who can be a good cleric and still hold heavy offensive presence, or run Latias who can serve as your Defogger too.
Froslass and Smeargle, I... Don't know. I'm not entirely sure how to reconstruct this team to completely realign its synergy. I don't know, you could run T-Tar and Exca, T-Tar is commonly paired with Zard Y so you can easily set up Sandstorm so Sun doesn't detriment your team, Exca is an obvious pair with T-Tar, but I'm really not sure. Maybe the OU Viability thread and the good cores thread might give you more ideas than I could provide. Still, I hope I helped a bit.

Sharkeisha (Garchomp) @ Lum Berry / Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw / Outrage
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance

Doge (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Tomb
- Stealth Rock

Killer Kitty (Sylveon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 248 HP / 220 Def / 40 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

Not Latios (Latias) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)