Sharing is Caring (Kinda) Tournament: Round 4 Pairings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
For the set of rules and stuff check: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sharing-is-caring-kinda-the-tournament-sign-ups.3508531/

Here are the brackets.

Brackets.PNG

Battles are:

1) tavok vs Its_A_Random
Ref: akela
2) Canis Majoris vs Dogfish44
Ref: Elevator Music
3) Gerard vs Maxim
Ref: Frosty

IMPORTANT: As per General Tournament rules, if the Tourney referee starts and finishes the match without being subreffed, they will get 1.5x the usual UC payment.

Rules:
Bring 4, Pick 3 Singles.
You PM 4 pokemons to the ref, but the battle will be 3vs3 singles. You will choose your mons as the battle develop.
ASB Arena
Strict 3-day Disqualification.
You will get a single warning per round. After that, you go over DQ and you're done. Referees please tag the combatants when you have finished your reffing. Players, if you know you're going to be away you better post a Leave of Absence BEFORE you leave, or give a very good reason in case of an emergency.
Strict 4-day Disqualification for Refs. Same rules as above (one warning and then BAM). Also, you can be sure as hell that I will jump in to subref anyone if necessary. Also I reserve the right to DQ a ref under LoA if the respective match is taking way too long.
3 Substitutions.
Turn Order: Coin Flip
2 Recovery/5 Chills per pokemon
All Abilities
All Items
Switch=OK
Mega Clause: 1
ORAS stuff: Allowed
PHAZING RULE: If a pokemon is sent back to the pokeball by a phazing move, the trainer (of the pokemon sent back obv.) chooses who will be the replacement
I-HATE-CENTRALIZATION RULE: The three species most used per round from r2 onwards are Banned for the remainder of the tourney. In case of a tie, the species brought the most is banned. If the tie persists then none of the species are banned (and you can't just ban both and be in the 3-mons-banned limit).
For the record, the species banned until now are: Gardevoir, Dragonite, Pyroak, Mr. Mime, Kitsunoh and Snorlax.

(check the rules, some stuff changed).

WARNING: You have 7 days to PM the mons to the ref. That is too account for the ORAS updates. Although we won't wait more than that.
WARNING 2: This round will have a 2-months-and-a-half strict deadline.
Although I admit that I may extend it for an extra week depending on how holidays go.
WARNING 3: If the player don't send in the team before the 7-days deadline, (s)he will be replaced by the losing player from R3 that played the best. As of now, that player is Waterwarrior for obvious reasons. If the team is sent and the guy is DQ'd without sending orders, then tough cookies, the opponent advances.

go go go.

Last edited:

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Because 3 matches ain't much to predict :o

tavok vs Its_A_Random
Canis Majoris vs Dogfish44
Gerard vs Maxim

... even worse is when it's 2.

Tavok vs IAR

Love you IAR, but i gotta root for my executer. Dont you dare lose this you god damn fgt <3

Canis vs Dogfish

Do this for me Canisssss

Gerard vs Max

Psiquic strongth

Frosty

=_=
tavok
Gerard

You have around 35h and 27 minutes to PM the respective refs your teams. Just tagging you two because I have confirmation from the others that they sent their teams. I am not exactly willing to give extensions, so I really really really suggest you send it asap.

Also, I forgot to put this on the OP, so I will do this now. It is valid for all battlers (including Dogfish44 , Its_A_Random , Canis Majoris and Maxim): Put your battles on watch and use the LoA thread if necessary. While I will pull the plug on DQs for the finals (you will see by then), I won't do so here. Being better means being able to create the best orders on the same timeframe all players have to. Needing more time won't do you any favors.

Frosty

=_=
Erm...so I saw some posts here and there about the matches and I feel I need to remember you guys of something.

This round has 3vs3 battles. Not 2vs2. 3vs3.

Frosty

=_=
I need to make something clear here.

1) I reserve the right to DQ someone under LoA. Or better: only I can DQ a player under LoA.
2) If the LoA has a ETA, we will go with that. If that ETA is more than 10 days it will be considered forfeiture unless you give good reasons and I agree with them (and the timeline allows that wait). This point is moot now, I hope <_<;.
3) If a LoA doesn't have a ETA, I will consider it a 5-day LoA. After that point the player will have 48h to post, or they will be DQ'd.
4) I reserve the right (see 1 for the meaning of it) to disregard a LoA if I feel you are using them too much. Rule of thumb is a maximum of 3 LoAs per match, so, unless the 4th LoA involves something really serious, it will be automatically disregarded unless I say otherwise. Also, I may disregard the 3rd or 2nd if the battle is taking too long.
5) Constant usage of LoAs means that if I end up deciding the winner of the match, you better hope you have a big lead against your opponent, because if not, I will rule against you.

This is valid for present and future SiCK matches. For other tourneys, the respective hosts can come up with the LoA rules they want.

Frosty

=_=
February 14th the winner of the final match will be announced (if it doesn't end by then). Since that is 15-days from now, I am leaving this warning here.

Canis Majoris Dogfish44

BTW Hp percentage will probably be the key element here. Unless the situation is really really reeeeeally in favor of one of the players.

Also, in that day I will be "camping" (its not really camping, but it close to it) and I don't know if I will have reliable connection there. So the results may be postponed to February 17th. But don't count on that.

Frosty

=_=
Round 4 Statistics

Pokemon brought:

Elevator Music : 32CC
Togekissu the Togekiss - 3
Yamirami the Sableye - 2
Necturna OT: Elevator Music
Bakuuda (Camerupt)
Kuchiito the Mawile

Its_A_Random : 20CC
Tormeldon the Camerupt - 2
Iron Chain the Steelix - 2
Aromatisse (M) (OT: Its_A_Random)

zarator: 12CC
Ibrandul the Sableye
Vhaeraun the Greninja (OT: zarator)
Mystra the Goodra

Objection: 4CC
Scar the Tomohawk

Avnomke: 12CC
Rodan the Greninja - 2
Timmy the Gallade

waterwarrior : 4CC
Houdin the Alakazam (OT: waterwarrior)

Dogfish44 : 4CC
Formula the Krillowatt

Someoneelse : 4CC
Aggron OT: Someoneelse

SubwayJ : 4CC
Niki the Meloetta

Species Brought:Togekiss - 3
Sableye - 3
Greninja - 3
Camerupt - 3
Necturna - 1
Mawile - 1
Steelix - 2
Aromatisse - 1
Goodra - 1
Tomohawk - 1
Gallade - 1
Alakazam - 1
Krillowatt - 1
Aggron - 1
Meloetta - 1

Species Used

Greninja - 3
Togekiss - 2
Sableye - 2
Camerupt - 2
Necturna - 1
Mawile - 1
Steelix - 1
Aromatisse - 1
Goodra - 1
Tomohawk - 1
Gallade - 1
Alakazam - 1
Krillowatt - 1

- - -

Togekiss was brought: 18 times on round 1. 3 times on round 2 and 2 times on round 3.
Sableye was brought: 11 times on round 1, 3 times on round 2 and 1 time on round 3.
Camerupt was brought: 1 time on round 1, 2 times on round 2, 2 times on round 3.

Camerupt has two third places and 1 first place
Greninja has one second place, one first place, one third place
Togekiss has two first place, 1 third place.

Camerupt was the least brought, so it is safe.

Greninja, Togekiss and Sableye are banned from Finals.
Finals will go up in a sec.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)