ORAS Ubers The Outclassers.

Hello! This is my second RMT, and the first UBER team I ever made and have been using efficiently. This team is one of the most, How can I say the quickest team I ever built. It's been with me for like 2 days and it has grown on me so much. I like this team and I would love to hear more opinions and thoughts on how to improve this team.

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Dazzling Gleam
- Moonblast
- Psychic

Xerneas for me is the one that counters Darkrai and Giratina. I have faced a total of 6 Darkrais in 8 uber matches and with that in mind, ALL of the players that I have fought used Dark Void on one of my Pokemon (Ex. I sent out a Wurmple, Enemy sent out Darkrai. Darkrai uses dark void. I switch out after, Darkrai uses nasty plot. I switch out into Xerneas and use geomancy, Darkrai uses dark void and then I sweep almost the entire team.). Xerneas is pretty strong when it comes to most of the Pokemon in the Uber Tier.

Xerneas can check Darkrai and Giratina-O with Xerneas's good movepool and typing. I use Xerneas because he is one of the best Pokemon I have ever encountered and I would love to spend more time with him. But he is however not at his best when it comes to other Pokemon that I have fought Ex. Ho-oh. I want to make him a better Pokemon and become able to Fight Ho-Oh better and fight other Pokemon better as well.

Deoxys-Defense @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Recover
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Knock Off

Deoxys-D is a great Special Defence wall and handles Physical attacks with the same pace as well. Deoxys-Defence managed to Toxic a Mewtwo-X,set up 3 spikes and kill him in the end. Mewtwo-X didn't manage to do much in the end. Deoxys-D is one of the most fun to use with but he clearly needs a boost for me. I'm not contented with only knock off as his only damaging physical attack, I want another one but I can't seem to find one that fits the part.

Greninja (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot
- Low Kick
- Shadow Sneak

Greninja is already a great Pokemon on it's own and has one of the best abilities in the tier as well. I love everything about him but I can't seem to use him efficiently. Greninja is more of an initiator than a sweeper in my opinion. I'd love to give him a boost but my experience with Pokemon can't do that much. However, There are a few points that gives him an advantage for ex. U-Turn can do great damage while changing Pokemon to Psychic type Pokemon in the Uber Tier. I love to use him due to the fact that he is the one that needs work out of the whole party.

Arceus @ Life Orb
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw

Arceus is a late sweeper, and a revenge killer combined. He is one of the most used right before Darkrai. Arceus can pretty much do everything a sweeper can do. He can kill faster and deal heavy damage at the same time. I ran a more fast build rather than an offensive type because I can set up with swords dance due to his bulk. Arceus is also a great Pokemon on his/her own. With Arceus in my arsenal I can sweep Pokemon with ease and not even worrying about my health.

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- King's Shield
- Toxic
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak

Aegislash is the hardest Pokemon to use for me in my arsenal of Ubers. Aegislash is hard to use because I can't land an unexpected King's Shield and I can't attack that easy. Although, His set is pretty unique and I'd love to know more about him. I can't say that much about him as it is my first time using him and this is my first UBER RMT. I ran leftovers because he is still pretty squishy even with all the HP Ev's and the Def Stance of his. Aegislash is still one of the best pokemon in the Uber tier just because he has a unique ability, good movepool and unexpected turns from time to time.

Klefki @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Toxic
- Foul Play

Last but not the least, Klefki. You heard it right Klefki. I never expected to put a Klefki in my Uber arsenal and I am okay if anybody of you would want me to replace him with another mon. I put him in my team because of his ability Prankster. He can set up walls longer than other Pokemon who can set up walls. He is a support type Pokemon who can set up a nice, Yes I don't know why but a nice troll game.

This is my second RMT and I have still yet to learn. I hope you have the time to teach me and let me explore this world of Pokemon and let me become more diverse in this world/realm. I love Pokemon and It's been a part of my childhood ever since.

8-BIT Luster

Completely Unviable
Well your team is OK I guess
Primal Groudon just rolls over this team, and I think it's because you have some suboptimal sets. I'm on my phone rn so my suggestions wont look pretty but oh well
First off your Xerneas' set is in need of a rework. Dazzling Gleam does literally nothing that Moonblast wouldn't do way better. In addition, Psychic really doesn't hit anything special, as there is only one poison-type that is relevant- Mega Gengar, and that dies to Moonblast at +2 anyways. Running Thunder over Dazzling Gleam also allows you to hit Ho-Oh for big damage. Running Focus Blast or Hidden Power Ground over Psychic lets you hit Ferrothorn and PDon for big damage with Focus Blast, and HP ground lets you hit PDon more reliably. In addition running 48 speed on Xerneas lets you outspeed Genesect after Geomancy and also creeps other xerneas if the situation requires it.

Secondly, Primal Groudon is basically a must have and the opportunity cost of not using it is to high. Replacing Deoxys with it allows you a strong, S+ ranked mon that can set up rocks. There are two options you can run:Offensive or Specially Defensive. If someone doesn't post them before I can get access to a computer, they're on Smogon. PDon is strong mon 10/10 would recommend

Thirdly, Greninja isn't very good at all if you're using something other than the TSpikes set, which you aren't. You are also lacking a Mega Evolution. Mega Salamence fixes all of these issues. It's one of the best megas right now, and can roll over half the Meta if you get im versus something you beat. Once again there are two options. The physically Defensive Refresh set or the offensive DD set. the first acts as a decent Ho-oh check and a solid EKiller check. The second just destroys things and uses two attacking types rather than mono-flying with the Refresh set. Once again someone will either put those sets or you can look them up on Smogon.

Im running out of time so
-Aegislash should probably be swapped out with Giratina-Origin
better mon
-Klefki should be changed to the standard Specially Defensive Spikes/Toxic/Thunder Wave/Play Rough set. It lets you cripple Xerneas and is good keychain

Others should comment on this team because you said you want to learn, and there are far better players than me who can help too.

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi Laidhope, there are several optimizations you can make for this team. First, Xerneas should be running something like this:

Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 184 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Thunder
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast

1st the EVs: 44 Speed ensures you are faster than Scarf Genesect, which is probably the most relevant Scarfer you will see on the ladder. You can choose to Speed creep more if you wish, but you always need minimum 44 Speed. Next, there is actually 0 reason to run Dazzling Gleam in singles. Moonblast is simply a better version, and you will not be running out of PP. Lastly, Psychic is actually as strong as resisted Moonblast (90 * 1.5 (STAB) * 1.33 (Fairy Aura) / 2 = 90). Therefore, there is very little reason to run Psychic. If anything, you would want to use Psyshock so you can hit Special walls, but this isn't very necessary either. Thunder lets you take on Ho-Oh and stuff, Focus Blast for Steels, but you could also run Aromatherapy since Moonblast hits really hard anyway.

Deoxys-D is fairly underwhelming. It can't really prevent Defog, and when it comes down to it, it can't wall most of the threats in Ubers. Strong neutral hits such as Origin Pulse from Primal Kyogre and P Blades from Groudon do 60+%, so it ends up just being a used up teamslot. You could maybe try a Latias here since your team is lacking solid switchins for those two Pokemon, and move hazards to a different Pokemon. Maybe just grab this spread from the analysis:

Support
########
name: Support
move 1: Defog
move 2: Roost
move 3: Psyshock
move 4: Draco Meteor
item: Soul Dew
ability: Levitate
evs: 212 HP / 120 SpA / 176 Spe
nature: Timid

Offensive Greninja is also underwhelming. Furthermore, a Choice item is counterproductive to Protean. The whole point is that you get STAB on every move, so you have great coverage that hits "very hard" (quotes because in Ubers it doesn't hit very hard). Believe me, I've tested offensive Greninja and there's little reason to use it over something like Deoxys-Attack, Mewtwo, or even Darkrai for that matter. All are faster and just do more (huge damage with a good priority move in Extreme Speed, strong signature move and good coverage, or Dark Void and setting up with Nasty Plot to deal tons of damage). Since the (T) Spikes set doesn't really fit your team, I would probably just switch Greninja for something like bulky Mega Salamence as 8-BIT Luster said. It lets you check Ekiller, which your team needs. You team doesn't really need another attacker since Ekiller and GeoXern win games for you. Edgar's spread would probably work, but you could run more bulk and/or Refresh for Ho-Oh.

Salamence (F) @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 200 HP / 132 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Arceus needs max Attack (keep Jolly though) in order to do anything really, and with Life Orb there is even less reason to run HP. Arceus isn't really concerned about bulk when it can't be revenge killed easily and just sweeps everything with Extreme Speed.

Lastly, Aegislash and Klefki are pretty redundant. They mostly check the same threats, especially Xerneas, which cannot really win against Aegislash already. Also, having two Steel-types (that can't touch Ho-Oh) invites Ho-Oh to come in and get off a ton of damage on anything. Since it seems you want to use Aeigslash more than Klefki, I would swap out Klefki for something like a Stealth Rock Dialga. You can maybe run Shuca Berry as well to check Mega Salamence and stuff. I would recommend using Stealth Rock / Draco Meteor / Fire Blast / Stone Edge. I really like Stone Edge because, while it doesn't OHKO Ho-Oh, it does a ton of damage and bring it in range of stuff like Latias's Psyshock and whatnot.

If you want to kill Mega Gengar (a lot of them run HP or spDef EVs to live a Moonblast) use Psyshock over Psychic.
This also lets you always beat Chansey and Blissey.

PISTOLERO

I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.
Hello Laidhope, it's nice to see people testing different things when they start the tier, they may not necessarily be viable but the best way to learn is to build lots of different things, so well done. As concerns the team, it is slightly mismatched, with Aegislash only really fitting on defensive teams. I have some teamslot, moveset and EV suggestions for you. Lemonade already gave you a very thorough rate with solid ideas for you to try, so I shall try to go in a different direction for you.

If you want to use a Dual Screener, I recommend you use Deoxys-Speed, which can also set up Stealth Rock (which your team currently lacks). Every Ubers team should have Stealth Rock, it is just not possible to build a successful team without it. Next, you should definitely use the Xerneas that Lemonade recommended. Dual Screens work very nicely with multiple teammembers that can set up, so two that you could try are Mega Salamence and Rock Polish Groudon. In the last slot, something like Life Orb Mewtwo seems to work rather well, you could even use Calm Mind Latios or Darkrai, experiment and see what you can come up with! Lastly, Jolly is the best nature for Extremekiller Arceus, and Stone Edge seems to be the best coverage move now as it prevents Mega Salamence from setting up and countersweeping you. I would use Aromatherapy Geomancy Xerneas as this can heal off burns from Salamence / Arceus, as well as Thunder Wave from Xerneas. This team does well against Steel-types so Moonblast / Thunder seems to be the best two-move coverage, you could try Focus Blast over Thunder though depending on what you struggle with more, Ho-Oh or Steel-types.
Deoxys-Speed @ Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 184 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Aromatherapy

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 136 HP / 196 Atk / 120 SpD / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Claw

Arceus @ Life Orb
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Salamence (F) @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Mewtwo @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Psystrike
- Focus Blast
- Fire Blast
It looks like I have pretty much built a team for you, but I hope that by continuing to test things such as Scarf Greninja, as well as playing with various teams and playing various playstyles (hyper offense, balance, stall etc) you will learn more about the Ubers metagame. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)