Gen 1 Double RMT!

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
Hey.. I'm here posting a double RMT of a /fun/ team and a serious team. I've lost in the most recent RBY tournament (in a great series versus Crestfall) and went 3-4 in farm, and due to people's opinion of me and the way the teams have panned out, it's unlikely that I should be bought. Also I'm out of mt16 so ye.. right now I've not really got any significant tournament things left, so I'm going to reveal a fun team that I've used a bit in tours, and gotten reasonable results with, and a serious team that I feel very much suits my style of play, and indicates perhaps more on how RBY playstyles in general can differ. With that intro, let me introduce my first team.

Team 1:
疾走する閃光

HOT TUNE by fox capture plan.. sick tune *-*

What I love about this team is it's potentially very strong and it's overall a great example of a team you can play casually with, playing fast and loose and intuitively, and get decent results, as well as doing decently well in focussed matches (although it's not maybe good enough to use in top flight tournaments..). The team's all about setting up Raichu to be threatening, forcing a sweep with the combo of raichu/tauros, with lax and egg to blow holes early. Chansey provides a backbone and paralysis support. Thanks to marcoasd for helping a ton with optimising.

Gengar
- Hypnosis
- Explosion
- Thunderbolt
- Night Shade
One of the main problems for Raichu is exeggutor, so the pokemon that draws out and can night shade/explode on it the most easily is a natural choice of lead. It's a high risk lead, but paired with another member of the team sleep can be guarantee'd early game and then pressure can be put on. Standard set though, no need for Mega Drain with Raichu.

Koopacow (Tauros) (M)
- Body Slam
- Hyper Beam
- Earthquake
- Blizzard
It is standard Tauros, and there's not much you can say about it especially, but it's worth noting that alongside raichu you can get interesting results if you play the tauros ditto differently. Raichu can't KO with tbolt after 2 Body Slams, but it achieves it after BSlam+HBeam. Therefore, you can Body Slam and then fairly safely get off a Hyper Beam. Obviously, a little under 1 in 5 times you have the advantage due to critical hits in that scenario. So long as you avoid being critical hit in return by an earthquake from tauros versus Raichu, you can take out Tauros and then have a second mini-sweep from Raichu. It depends on the match if that's an option, but it's cool to have that freedom.

Exeggutor
- Hyper Beam
- Stun Spore
- Explosion
- Psychic
No sleep powder, as I have sing chansey alongside lead gengar, so I'm pretty sure to have sleep. We all know the glue Egg provides. Personally, I've not yet used Hyper Beam, and maybe Egg Bomb or even Double Edge would fit better (on this team it's better to be aggressive and get to the end game as fast as possible), nothing more to say. I don't totally know how much it's needed tbh.. I guess boom is nice.

MOUSE! (Raichu)
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Hyper Beam
- Agility
Raichu <3_<3 Aight Thunderbolt and Surf are obvious, Agility allows you to be effectively uncaring about Paralysis, and helps with its okay base 100 speed. That helps it not just be a worse Jolteon/Starmie/Zapdos. Hyper Beam = Domage. Calcs:
Raichu Hyper Beam vs. Chansey: 275-324 (39.1 - 46%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Raichu Hyper Beam vs. Exeggutor: 111-131 (28.2 - 33.3%) -- 0% chance to 3HKO
Raichu Hyper Beam vs. Alakazam: 158-186 (50.4 - 59.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Chances are you're gonna face one of these things sleeping, or maybe paralysed. That's the damage ranges you need to reach to get a sweep, without relying on its critical hit rate (19.53% is fab tho).
Note that this also wins 1vs1 versus Zapdos (barring screens), since it hits it neutrally with STAB Tbolt, whilst resists Zapdos's dual STABs.
I daresay it's a pity its Special isn't higher (if only you could OHKO Tauros after 2 Tauros BSlams ;-;), but at least with hyper beam that usable 90 Attack isn't too horribly wasted. This mon's hard to use, but not strictly outclassed lol. Basically, its effective paralysis ignorance, threatening Electric STAB, and ability to destroy the rocks is pretty neat. Also innovating up in dis bitch in an 18 year old metagame!_!

Chonsey (Chansey) (F)
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled
- Sing
- Ice Beam
Thanks to Marco for the idea of putting sing on here rather than running sleep on egg. Lapras isn't terrifying for the team especially if it gets para'd. Sing on here helps hit Alakazam/Starmie leads that gar has to run from (going tbolt versus Starmie's ofc an option tho), or catching a wily chansey loose. Stopping special attackers from having speed advantage on you is the rest of chansey's role. IB is the best attack :o blizzard could be run tho I guess since ur not playing freeze wars or even ending up with special-heavy endgames usually.

Snorlax
- Body Slam
- Counter
- Self-Destruct
- Earthquake
Counterlax is mainly there to be more unpredictable than hyper beam. It's also a better move in ditto's. Lax is just pure aggression, blowing holes in the early game. Whilst the team's weak in the earlygame, the strong endgame is what truly defines it. As we'll see, the opposite holds for the next team. 3 explosive moves, only 1 pokemon lacking a physical attack, this team is just aggresive! I hope you enjoy playing with this team :) Probably the most notable players bopped by this team are Lutra, During Summer, and Redemption, and Raish.

Team 2:
PORCO DIO

Immortalising the classic phrase Italian cursewords that literally define RBY. I made this team with Raish, based around the concept of Alakazam+Non-lead Jynx. Non-lead Jynx is a little taboo maybe; Jynx has a short list of good matchups, that basically amounts to leads (bar to an extent Gengar), Exeggutor, Chansey (to an extent), and maybe the rock types when Jynx is not paralysed. Basically, running Jynx+Alakazam lead is a great way of throwing blizzards and giving the opportunity of an early game freeze a solid chance (if you get like 2-4 off, that's a decent chance of a freeze, plus some damage done, which is like 30% chance to instantly win more or less lol), as well as with sleep. With good luck and good match-up, Jynx can take 3 souls, but needless to say this doesn't usually happen. Jynx also helps neuter opposing Jynx Lead's threat of freezing, since you can Stoss it with Zam, wait for it to sleep you, then go out to Jynx (you can switch to Jynx if it's just sitting throwing Blizzards). Early game, Jynx is a god, and this team is heavily centered on the early game. The lack of tauros only exemplifies that fact, but Tauros simply can't be fitted. Threat wise, Tauros is one of the worse ones for this team (and obviously hyper common), but if you can paralyse it (worth the risk with Chansey or Egg), or get Lax in safely versus it, then you can handle it. Rhydon gets a free earthquake versus it at least usually, but ideally you avoid that situation. Golem can be run instead if you prefer explosions, but you can't afford to really drop any moves (maybe rock slide??) in my experience, especially since it's the designated sweeper/wincon on a slower defensive and early-game focussed team. Anyway, enough talk about the teambuilding, onto the team.

Alakazam
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Seismic Toss
Lead Zam provides great match-up versus Gengar leads, and often lures out chansey or exeggutor when faced with opposing Alakazam or Starmie. The extra damage of Stoss versus various things is useful even though you don't typically play Alakazam dittos with it. Usually, let this take sleep, and don't let it be exploded on after that happens. DON'T PARALYZE OPPOSING JYNX. It's the least important member really..

Chansey
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Soft-Boiled
Standard Chansey, in spite of the more varied sets that we'll see elsewhere perhaps. The team really needs Chansey to do what chansey does best, but sometimes I lust after counter.. you can never have enough ways to beat Lax and Tauros xD anyway, getting para on Lapras, Tauros, Chansey if Freeze is set on a Lax/Zam.. you should never have to go Freeze war with this team though with Jynx lieing in the back. Either way, you end up para'ing Chansey quite a bit. Opposing Chansey is the hardest thing for this team to beat, alongside Tauros. I guess that's true for all teams, but this team handles virtually everything else very very well, but those not as well, compared to your 'standard' team and common variations upon.

Exeggutor
- Leech Seed
- Rest
- Psychic
- Stun Spore
Jynx is the sole sleeper of the team (meaning you can't let it be slept before you've played sleep if you can avoid it). Stun Spore is primarily for Tauros and opposing egg, and great for trying to force status around. Leech Seed helps wear down specials, especially including chansey. Good to avoid paralysis on this if you can, but its utility to help deal with Lax (sometimes it's a better switch-in than any other at the time) means sometimes Body Slam para's it. Still, this set which I owe to Raish (although I guess you can't give full credit to him, idk), which can solo all lax (bar [Amnesia] Blizzard - Bekins defeated me with huge help from Body Slam Amnesia Blizzard Snorlax versus this team, which is probably the single scariest lax variant for this team to face - I managed to freeze it, but the damage was done). You also have Rhydon to soak a boom if you're able to. The fact you can handle nearly every lax variant is a credit to the team's prowess xD

Jynx
- Blizzard
- Psychic
- Lovely Kiss
- Rest
The true goddess of the team, the reason this team is a lordsquad. The set itself is nothing amazing perhaps; rest does a lot of work particularly versus chansey and helps luring snorlax/tauros. Counter is an option but it's fairly inferior with the death of sleep counter (if sleep counter were possible, switching this unrevealed into tauros hyper beam without a crit would be INSANE.. as it is I guess it's probably good enough..). Most of what I want to say about it's covered in other Pokémon's descriptions. Getting a freeze in like 30% of games is h0t, especially when the chance of the opponent getting one is pretty low compared to that.

Snorlax
- Body Slam
- Hyper Beam
- Rest
- Reflect
This Snorlax is a lord, and helped me beat Lutra in a serious match (not for any particular tournament, but we took it seriously) against a slowbro; I'd body slammed it, then body slammed and critted as it woke up, and then it was in hyper beam range; it had been para'd before, I hadn't, and I'd revealed reflect, so I managed to secure a KO on a threat with this amazing bluff god of a set. I guess some of the fun's ruined in RMTing this team, but it's gotta be my favourite suprise set I've ever used. Giving credit again to the 12k lord that is Raish. The amount of bluff KOs is like 1 in 4 games, that's hot. Helping to solo opposing lax and tauros is just amazingly cool. Earthquake isn't really missed since the rocks are dominated by Exeggutor, and Gengar has issues with Rhydon, Jynx, Alakazam, and Exeggutor, and I guess to an extent, Chansey. This team is really really hostile towards Gengar. Hyper Beam Lax's main thing it can take out as a lord is Chansey - note that using a reflect turn is really helpful for scouting out Counter, whilst you can easily bluff to take out Chansey with BSlam+HBeam, which KOs.

Rhydon
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Body Slam
- Substitute
I had initially had Golem in here, since Raish and I were a little worried about IB Bro, which is a variant the team's somewhat weaker to, but Rhydon 3HKOs, and the ability to 2HKO Chansey is really really helpful (since Lax won't always take it out). furthermore, whilst I guess you could run EQ/Boom/BSlam/Sub Golem, I find missing any of these moves hurts too much, especially since it's a sweeper, so it's rare to have it booming (tauros is the only real reason.. since I guess lax is a potential back up sweeper). Body Slam really is nessecary in some matches; when you're on the back foot, a clutch paralysis is really fantastic for this slow team.

Overall whilst the team does have some elements of suprise factor (most notably, the snorlax set), it's a consistent team that's very early-game focussed. It really does totally depend on your playstyle; a lot of players probably prefer more endgame-heavy teams, and prefer to rely on more common sets (like boom egg instead of Rest).. I hope you've enjoyed reading the RMT, and enjoy playing around and experimenting with the teams.

Gengar
- Hypnosis
- Explosion
- Thunderbolt
- Night Shade

Koopacow (Tauros) (M)
- Body Slam
- Hyper Beam
- Earthquake
- Blizzard

Exeggutor
- Hyper Beam
- Stun Spore
- Explosion
- Psychic

MOUSE! (Raichu)
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Hyper Beam
- Agility

Chonsey (Chansey) (F)
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled
- Sing
- Ice Beam

Snorlax
- Body Slam
- Counter
- Self-Destruct
- Earthquake
Alakazam
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Seismic Toss

Chansey
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Soft-Boiled

Exeggutor
- Leech Seed
- Rest
- Psychic
- Stun Spore

Jynx
- Blizzard
- Psychic
- Lovely Kiss
- Rest

Snorlax
- Body Slam
- Hyper Beam
- Rest
- Reflect

Rhydon
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Body Slam
- Substitute

Last edited:

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
Shoutouts I guess partly cos I missed my 1k lol; double post since it wouldn't have tagged first time since I messed up.
marcoasd for enlightening me with porco dio, and helping me grow as a player.
Lutra for being supportive and being there to chat to ^.^ we see things in different ways, and value things differently, and that tends to harmonise.
Raish thanks for being a great friend ^o^ and you've taught me so much about this tier, and helped me be creative, in spite of how we play in such different ways.
WreckDra pretty much my PS bestie
ALLALA and Mister Tim cos USSR hax.
froggy25 I guess we don't know eachother super well yet but you're cool.
The_Joker time to prove your worth in SPL. With Tamahome there to help I'm sure you'll be growing. Shoutouts to Tama too just for being a chill dude as well as a seriously high quality player, even outside of his main tier.
MoxieInfinite ur GSC knowledge impresses me :)
Asian Kiwi :>
Earth lemonde
aim :] will see you on bam some time
PISTOLERO good fren
finally this is just the beginning
Joryn nm to say but hi! lol
Jac ^.^ you're fun to talk to, least-random of the moderinos.
steelphoenix however much I joke around you're a friend and a great battler
phil for bein an old time bud.
Axily <3
Birkal come see how BAM's coming along *-*
david stone for being my idol.
NixHex fite me on porymath again :]
Finchinator for being a legit dude most of the time even when ur friends were being dicks to me.
Laurel for the advice.
ApplepieFTW come bam more! fite me adv nu more! ThriceElite too ;)
Feeboss art god
FNH sorry I've influenced you so much xD no way it can be good for u, but hey B]
GRB1 why do you use this name
Thugly Duckling one badass ducking mofo
internet fite me with bandirto ;]
Jellicent Cheers ~(^.^)~ Jigglypuff>Nirodan-M
K Legacy ^_^
Krauersaut come play on my server more when BAM's released :o there's no lum burry double dance groudons. There might still be old jabs but it's meant to be friendly :)
Melee Mewtwo we're still friends right?
Plasmanta Ohmagod
Purple Piplup hottest thing since the sun
Rhythms coding legend
The Reptile see you on bam
8-BIT Luster :o ur drawings are the best.
StarmeiTheGod ur a star
Other cool peeps
dabroyo Kaisser King UU Kasumi Anty Crestfall Bedschibaer blarghlfarghl Tokyo Tom CrapAtRBY Crystal_ Typhlito gizmotron During Summer kingmidas Kristoph MewtwoHidden NailsOrtheore Shitegotreal SnoopingGil User of Shadows Aquasition PoweredByRevengen00bbrokenwings

Last edited:
Your second team may be considered Starmie-weak if a Jynx/Exeggutor starter puts to sleep your Kazam and then Starmie freezes Chansey. Sure enough paralyzing Starmie is very cool for your Rhydon but still...who would you send against Mie, especially Surf/Hpump Mie?

I'd prefer a Tbolt on Chansey or at least some Mega Drain on Exeggutor, just to hit the paralized Mie at the right time. I'm also not convinced by your 3 resters

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
With the second team, Jynx can stall it and lure out other threats. Obviously the freeze is scary on chansey for that team.. for the most part you send a mix of jynx/chansey/alakazam; chansey's your go-to normally. I guess starmie's the one thing threatening the team with freeze, but sweeper ones are usually played late-game anyway. I guess I am weak to that. Good thing it's very rare.

There's definitely room to throw mega drain over hyper beam on exeggutor on the first team.

Ehh with 3 resters.. the team is a challenge to play, but you should spread status so much early on that rest is usable. I can see it not being your cup of tea (I don't think it's many players), but nevertheless I feel it's capable.

Thanks for much for the rate!

Reactions: FNH
First team is basically a standard team with tweaked movesets, gar lead and Raichu in the free slot as something that can deal with everything (GolDon,Lapras/Mie, Zapdos). Basically one of the best uses you can do of Raichu (the other is using it in a non-Chansey team).
I'm not a huge fan of stall teams with no Explosion users and Tauros.

Crestfall

levitate, levitate, levitate, levitate
Thanks for the shoutout Pie, was indeed a great set.

Now onto my (admittedly inexperienced) rate.
Fiest team looks baller and I've seen you use it before to devent results as well against solid players. However I'm still iffy on hbeam eggy, I understand the reasoning you put behind it but I don't think the surprise factor is all too worth it. DE is much more reliable, but if you want to wall longer, Lutra's favorite works as you said. I personally suggest egg bomb as boom is already assumed on eggy usually so I doubt hbeam is going to be turning heads.

Team 2 honestly looks like a combination of Tauros, Starmie (offensive), and eggy/chansey runs through it. Eggy and chans take thr hits and status the other two can't. Offensive starmie absolutely mauls everything but chansey (zam to an extent but it's likely he's asleep). And tauros can finish with ease. Obviously the game wouldn't go so straightforward but unless you double to your lax very well on tauros it just feels like you give FAR too many free turns with all these rests.

The other issue is this kind of stalling is just asking to be crit. At a certain point no amount of repeated healing will fix a tauros crit. If I had to absolutely give a suggestion it'd be to sac the stall lax for your own tauros. Thus allowing you to still pose a nice threat back to the enemy and have something that an enemy starmie or tauros doesn't want to come into. Take this advice with a grain of salt ofc, I'm sure better players than I could suggest something better!

Nice rmt.

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
yeah I've been thinking about trying to fit tauros onto that team, it's just so hard to give up that baller of a lax set, and egg offers quite a bit that I need it too. I guess tauros could fit over lax but I think that the gains of it wouldn't be terribly huge in the late game, whilst that lax nets me a KO on stuff like chansey mid-game. Everything plays a role and it's really difficult to compress it further. Chansey does a lot to stop a lot of threats, and it's easy to otherwise keep it out of the match.

I've seen HBeam put a lot of work in (it's done work versus me before a few times) but I definitely think either mega drain or double edge would probably suit me better. It's a team really unconcerned about the rocks, but it'd love to do more damage to starmie maybe.. both options seem viable on it.

The crit rate of tauros is indeed pretty scary in the late game. Then again, Jynx poses a similar set in the early game with freezing, so some of that cancels out I feel (early game vs late game cost). It's a really heavy early game team which is why I think the comments have been ambivalent about it, but for a team of that style, I feel it does great. I can understand why a lot of people don't like it or wouldn't want to use it though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)