Player of the Week 20: iplaytennislol

Status
Not open for further replies.

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

iplaytennislol
favorite pokemon: Mesprit
most used pokemon: Archeops
most known for: his sick playz qB^)​

xzern: So tell me, tennis, why is your name what it is? Do you play tennis? lol?
iplaytennislol: i picked this username because i actually do play tennis irl. I thought about what i would say if people asked me about my name and i thought that was funny so i added lol at the end. qB]

xzern: Favorite type of pokemon? (Normal, Fairy, Bird, etc.)
iplaytennislol: I like flying type pokemon the most because they destroy a lot of the tier as most people dont prepare for them that well.

xzern: Favorite team archetype?
iplaytennislol: HYPER OFFENSE OR GO HOME hehe bwoi

xzern: How did you come to competitive battling/Smogon?
iplaytennislol: I started becoming active into competitive battling when in game wasnt challenging enough

xzern: What's your favorite part of NU?
iplaytennislol: the diverse playstyles make NU more fun than other tiers because it is less stale than OU for example.

xzern: If you could ban or unban one thing from NU, what would it be/why?
iplaytennislol: i would ban mega steelix because i feel it is the biggest threat in NU. It can take hits extremely well and 2 hit ko a lot of the defensive mons in the tier such as xatu and vileplume.

xzern: NU player you most admire?
iplaytennislol: I would have to say Montsegur. Mont has helped me since i first joined the NU room. He has always been a bit of a role model because he is such a good user loljk. Moving on. He is a pretty good battler even though he is too lazy to build. He has taught me how to think long term when battling and this has helped me achieve a lot in the tournament scene

xzern: Do you have any advice for people new to NU?
iplaytennislol: Try building a team for yourself and attempt to ladder a bit. If you need help, feel free to come into the NU room and ask anyone. Xzern and i are the happiest people in there to help you with your questions.

xzern: Could you give me something like a mini RMT to conclude the interview, one that demonstrates your teambuilding strategies?
iplaytennislol: Whenever i want to build hyper offense, i usually start with lead archeops as it is the best suicide lead when it comes to getting up rocks as well as preventing opposing rocks. After archeops, i usually chose a spin blocker such as mismagius in order to keep my rocks up. Then i will chose a mon i like that gets taunt such as pyroar because it can prevent defog. Also, taunt pyroar is unexpected which is why i like it. The next three mons consist of maybe a scarfer, set up sweeper or offensive pivot.
http://hastebin.com/ivuqiquteg.md this team has so much swag oml

Feel free to ask iplaytennislol any questions in the thread below and he will probably answer them.

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Queen got one 7 weeks ago, but he's the worst NU player I know.. Weird ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Oh, he was top of the ladder back then. #QueenOfLuvd1-5cs

Question for tennis:

Why have you strayed from Baton Pass?
When will you make a Baton Pass squad for ORAS? Holly has set the bar pretty high
Would you kick me out of swim practice if you were Kiyo?
Why do you always run a Pyroar?

Oh, he was top of the ladder back then. #QueenOfLuvd1-5cs

Question for tennis:

Why have you strayed from Baton Pass?
When will you make a Baton Pass squad for ORAS? Holly has set the bar pretty high
Would you kick me out of swim practice if you were Kiyo?
Why do you always run a Pyroar?
Because if i plan to make spl, i cant use bp. Idk if i will build a bp team for ORAS. Depends if Goomy and I are bored in call one day. I would never kick you out of swim practice. I might push you in the pool a few times tho. I love pyroar because it is so fast and strong. Pretty generic but thats why i like it :P

most known for: his sick playz qB^)​
kill yourself

FWG/bulky psychic/megalix/wincon(or if the wincon is in FWG then yama or garb) <----- How to build a tennis team 101 hehebwoi

why do you always need me to innovate for you?
what did you get on your senior project?
how far inside is the farthest inside you have ever been?
give me a mon to innovate around?

nice interview fren!

kill yourself

FWG/bulky psychic/megalix/wincon(or if the wincon is in FWG then yama or garb) <----- How to build a tennis team 101 hehebwoi

why do you always need me to innovate for you?
what did you get on your senior project?
how far inside is the farthest inside you have ever been?
give me a mon to innovate around?

nice interview fren!
Because i cant innovate on my own. Thats not a pokemon question nerd. So far inside that i got lost. Innovate around primeape. You're a lord innovator so if you can make a good primeape set i'll be impressed

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Hello iplaytennislol I have several questions that I have been pondering lately specifically for you per your subliminal request so I hope you don't mind me asking. No? Ok then.
  • Is user Montsegur the hero Smogon deserves, but not the one we need?
  • Thoughts on real life role model and philanthropist the Burger King?
  • Why do you play with my OCD by not having 0 IVs in attack on your Special attackers?
  • How come Hariyama is such a lord in the NU tier?
  • Your professional opinion on Hackmons Challenge Cup as a competitive format? Do you believe such as I that a skill intensive tier that requires the utmost of knowledge and player ability deserves its rightful place in big league Smogon Tournament settings? I know I do.
  • Why is everything but your Exeggutor not nicknamed in your example team above? Are you denying our lord and savior that is Exeggutor or is there some sort of ulterior motive the NU community is missing?
  • What underrated play-styles in NU do you think should be used more but aren't?
  • Do you believe the user Zodiax will one day accomplish his dreams of being the most eloquent NU player Smogon has ever seen?
  • Besides OU and NU what tiers do you enjoy playing, or at least ladder on a regular basis?

Hello iplaytennislol I have several questions that I have been pondering lately specifically for you per your subliminal request so I hope you don't mind me asking. No? Ok then.
  • Is user Montsegur the hero Smogon deserves, but not the one we need?
  • Thoughts on real life role model and philanthropist the Burger King?
  • Why do you play with my OCD by not having 0 IVs in attack on your Special attackers?
  • How come Hariyama is such a lord in the NU tier?
  • Your professional opinion on Hackmons Challenge Cup as a competitive format? Do you believe such as I that a skill intensive tier that requires the utmost of knowledge and player ability deserves its rightful place in big league Smogon Tournament settings? I know I do.
  • Why is everything but your Exeggutor not nicknamed in your example team above? Are you denying our lord and savior that is Exeggutor or is there some sort of ulterior motive the NU community is missing?
  • What underrated play-styles in NU do you think should be used more but aren't?
  • Do you believe the user Zodiax will one day accomplish his dreams of being the most eloquent NU player Smogon has ever seen?
  • Besides OU and NU what tiers do you enjoy playing, or at least ladder on a regular basis?
  • yes.
  • idk ._.
  • I like messing with people.
  • Because blametruth is our lord and savior.
  • Hackmons CC should be in SPL obviously. Such a skill based game format should not be overlooked. You and i can be team captains and we will only select the most lucky and skilled players out there for our team.
  • Im just messing with your CDO again. ITS CDO NOT OCD BECAUSE OCD IS NOT IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER
  • i think hyper offense isnt used as much because people view it as inconsistent. However, a good hyper offense team can tear apart balance.
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • I really enjoy playing UU. #Cathyisbae DMT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)