ORAS Doubles Viability Rankings [Nominations]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yellow Paint

working as intended
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
B101 Leader
Jirachi for A- (or B+ if possible)
Jirachi is literally in the same ranking as Amoonguss, while lacking recovery and sleep, and only ever got A because of Mence.

Pls fix.

Edit: Togekiss for A
While Togekiss provides follow me, twind, and twave, it really shouldn't be a higher rank than Amoonguss.

Last edited:

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Edit: Togekiss for A
While Togekiss provides follow me, twind, and twave, it really shouldn't be a higher rank than Amoonguss.
Ludicolo, Shaymin-S, and anything with Goggles would like a word with you about this

In addition, Togekiss is really good because it provides more than just Spore. It gets speed control and Encore (an AMAZING move) as well as Roost. It's also immune to Ground and neutral to Fire - two of the most common spread types - as well as being immune to the far more threatening Dragon and resisting Dark. Fairy/Flying is a pretty amazing type to have.

Last edited:

DaAwesomeDude1

waiting for a moment
is a Top Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
DPL Champion
Venusaur from A- to A
With Mega Mence being gone I really feel like Venusaur can rise again. It's a great check to a lot of the common bulky water types, like Rotom Wash and Politoed plus its great against the rain matchup. It's also a great check to Mega Diancie too and hard counters Azumarill.
208 Atk Mega Diancie Diamond Storm vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Venusaur: 156-184 (42.8 - 50.5%) -- 2% chance to 2HKO

Hydreigon from A- to A

Hydreigon has amazing coverage, and fantastic power. He also has decent enough speed to outspeed what he need he needs to ko such as Breloom with Fire Blast (Unless it's sashed,) Bisharp, Aegislash (And has the bulk to not suffer if you screw up your predictions,) Heatran with the Earth Power set, and so many more. If you're running LO and not Specs, you can also Tailwind, and suddenly you also beat Mega Diancie (If you're running Earth Power,)

Here are some calculations to prove its power.
252+ SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Diancie: 252-299 (104.5 - 124%) -- guaranteed OHKO (Base stats are changed to that of Mega Diancies)
252+ SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Dark Pulse vs. 240 HP / 196+ SpD Cresselia: 226-268 (51.2 - 60.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (2HKOs The extremely Specially bulky Cress set)
252+ SpA Choice Specs Hydreigon Dark Pulse vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Jellicent: 402-474 (99.7 - 117.6%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO (The Specs set OHKOS Jellicent)

Defensive Bulkiness (This is calcing with the set I like running)
252+ Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Double-Edge vs. 40 HP / 152 Def Hydreigon: 292-343 (87.1 - 102.3%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO (1/8 times it dies to this extremely powerful attack)
252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Double-Edge vs. 40 HP / 96 Def Hydreigon: 280-333 (83.5 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (Let it also be known that it survives 1/2 times on the rare adamant Kang)
252 SpA Teravolt Kyurem-B Ice Beam vs. 40 HP / 36 SpD Hydreigon: 290-344 (86.5 - 102.6%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
I also run 88 Speed to outpace modest max speed Heatran, and dumped the rest into special defense.

Basically, Hydreigon is really good at covering many areas and not suffering when it doesn't, and should be raised in viability ranking.

Didnt even mention scarf flash cannon hydreigon being the best diancie lure to exist n_n

Also what the fuck is this hydreigon spread lol

But yeah hydreigon should def. move up.

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
While I don't have anything to offer in terms of insight regarding the placement of individual mons, I do believe that there should be clarification regarding Mega evolutions. As a newcomer to Doubles, I can use the icons to guess if the Mega evolution of a Pokémon is referenced or not, but I don't know the viability of the other. How viable is regular Gengar, regular Diancie, Mega Slowbro, Mega Latios, regular Latias...?

The list would help me as a newcomer more if mega evolutions were separated from their regular forms.

While I don't have anything to offer in terms of insight regarding the placement of individual mons, I do believe that there should be clarification regarding Mega evolutions. As a newcomer to Doubles, I can use the icons to guess if the Mega evolution of a Pokémon is referenced or not, but I don't know the viability of the other. How viable is regular Gengar, regular Diancie, Mega Slowbro, Mega Latios, regular Latias...?

The list would help me as a newcomer more if mega evolutions were separated from their regular forms.
I agree, but on the other hand small portion of each mega's / nonmega's threat level is slightly influenced by surprise factor (for example holding Sash instead of megastone or having multiple mega options like Charizard).

Scizor B+ ===> A-

LO-technician-stab-swords dance-boosted bullet punch will dent anything. Reasonably speaking, Diancie and metaGross are quite common and gardevoir is still a thing.. all reasons to keep this swiss army knife around. Coupled with the distant memory that is the sun, Scizor is handy in a pinch ;)

Mighty Calcs:
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Mega Scizor Bug Bite vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Kangaskhan: 465-550 (112.3 - 132.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 255-302 (79.9 - 94.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 0+ Def Amoonguss: 380-448 (87.9 - 103.7%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

Additional Calcs:
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Zangoose: 472-555 (164.4 - 193.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Jokes aside, Scizor is sitting complacent at B+. It can switch in on all the cool mega's these days and it is less predictable now than it has ever been. Lum over LO makes Scizor among the simplest to set up, even without support, and the way the meta is shaped currently only reinforces the argument that it should be considered an A- threat.

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
just c/p the template, simple "yes" or "no" first and then add some justification and additional side comments/memes
it's easier for me to tally votes because I can just do ctrl+f, "Audino to drop to C: no" (spaces matter)

holyshit

Cresselia to rise to A+:
Diancie to rise to A+:
Keldeo to rise to A-:
Mawile to drop to A:
Azumarill to rise to A:
Tyranitar to drop to A-:
Aegislash to rise to A+:
Lucario to rise to A-:
Jirachi to drop to A-:
Venusaur to rise to A:
Hydreigon to rise to A:
Scizor to rise to A-:

Cresselia to rise to A+: yes
Diancie to rise to A+: yes
Keldeo to rise to A-: yes
Mawile to drop to A: yes
Azumarill to rise to A: yes
Tyranitar to drop to A-: yes
Aegislash to rise to A+: yes
Lucario to rise to A-: no
Jirachi to drop to A-: yes
Venusaur to rise to A: no
Hydreigon to rise to A: yes
Scizor to rise to A-: yes

Last edited:

DaAwesomeDude1

waiting for a moment
is a Top Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
DPL Champion
Cresselia to rise to A+: Yes
Diancie to rise to A+: Yes
Keldeo to rise to A-: Yes
Mawile to drop to A: Yes
Azumarill to rise to A: Yes
Tyranitar to drop to A-: Yes
Aegislash to rise to A+: Yes
Lucario to rise to A-: No
Jirachi to drop to A-: No
Venusaur to rise to A: Yes
Hydreigon to rise to A: Yes
Scizor to rise to A-: No

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Cresselia to rise to A+: no
Hydreigon to rise to A: no
Scizor to rise to A-: no

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Cresselia to rise to A+: yes, its among the best trick room setters in the meta and trick room is more abusable now with mega camerupt
Diancie to rise to A+: yes, diamond storm is a really good move to have, clear body before mega evolving helps circumvent intimidate leads, magic bounce is really nice because it prevents diancie from being put to sleep or paralyzed
Keldeo to rise to A-: yes, it works really well with shaymin-sky and its a great user of quick guard
Mawile to drop to A: no, it's still a good pokemon to use on semi trick room and it has nice typing
Azumarill to rise to A: yes, its a good answer on hyperoffense teams to help check trick room, it also gets rid of mega camerupt easily.
Tyranitar to drop to A-: yes, honestly its typing is really lackluster and its weak to so many common stabs like fighting, water, and ground
Lucario to rise to A-: no, its really frail and with bad speed, although it has some okay typing. 252+ Atk Technician Breloom Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Lucario: 288-342 (102.4 - 121.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Jirachi to drop to A-: yes, amoonguss and togekiss are better
Venusaur to rise to A: no, as a bulky grass type, i honestly feel like ferrothorn does a better job of spamming leech seed. as for a chlorophyll user, sun isnt really so good anymore and rain is more common
Scizor to rise to A-: no, its stopped cold by any fire type and heatran is really common

Cresselia to rise to A+: No
Azumarill to rise to A: No
Jirachi to drop to A-: Yes
Venusaur to rise to A: Yes
Scizor to rise to A-: Yes

Cresselia to rise to A+: Yes
Azumarill to rise to A: Yes
Aegislash to rise to A+:Yes
Jirachi to drop to A-: No
Venusaur to rise to A: Abstain

Cresselia to rise to A+: YESSSSS
Mawile to drop to A: No
Aegislash to rise to A+: No
Lucario to rise to A-: NO
Venusaur to rise to A: No

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
Diancie to rise to A+: YES
Lucario to rise to A-: NO. are you drunk
Jirachi to drop to A-: Yes, drop it to B+ / B even tbh
Venusaur to rise to A: No
Hydreigon to rise to A: No
Scizor to rise to A-: Yes, really strong endgamer with favorable / workable match-ups against top some top threats such as MKang, Cress, Toge, MDiancie, Sylveon, Terrak, Latios, Kyu-B etc. Stopped cold by opposing Fire-types and other threats like Keld and Aegis + it needs an SD to be really threatening, but that's what team support is for and that's why it's just A-. It's better than most of what's at B+ atm tbh.

Lucario to rise to A-: Yes
Venusaur to rise to A: Yes, it's good even in rain
Scizor to rise to A-: No

Diancie to rise to A+: yes x2
Venusaur to rise to A: yes
Hydreigon to rise to A: no

qsns

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
VGCPL Champion
Lucario to rise to A-: no way

Yellow Paint

working as intended
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
B101 Leader
Aegislash to rise to A+: no
Venusaur to rise to A: yes
Scizor to rise to A-: yes

Diancie to rise to A+: yes very clear A+
Azumarill to rise to A: no
Jirachi to drop to A-: no i think steel type w/ follow me still gives it a good niche to warrant A

Diancie to rise to A+: yes, one of the best megas
Mawile to drop to A: yes, god this thing isn't THAT good
Azumarill to rise to A: no
Jirachi to drop to A-: yes, missing its buddy mence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)