Other ORAS OU Replay Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
lmao "Dodrio suspect test" commented during the game

That was hilarious. Can't believe the guy didn't quit, I know I would have after a few boosts behind that sub

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus
just clarifying for everyon that this was a game between me and my tutee, that is why he didn't leave.

Here's a replay showcasing the power of lure Conkeldurr (Sheer Force + Life Orb):

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-206876984

Did you see that Slowbro? O.o I thought Slowbro's didn't die that easily...

Because everyone expects AV Conk, they will bring in stuff like Slowbro (mega and normal), Fairies and what have you, only to die. Seriously, they will vanish completely. In my team's case, Conk is there to lure in and remove fairies for Sceptile. Anyways, LureConk is deadly and with the right team... *shivers*. Don't sleep on this monster, guys.

P.s. Call me the predictionist

Last edited:

Miridy

♩_♩
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
That was a good battle.
You knew your opponent was extremely Conke weak and played aggresively while the opponent stayed on a safe level of thinking dooming him/herself.
Good Game!

Here's a replay showing (movie trailer dude voice) the power of sun offense:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-206906566

I've been experimenting lately with Sun and I have found it to be effective in the meta of OR/AS. I won't delve too much into it though. Instead, I'll talk about the replay.

Looking at it, it was a nice sun vs sand, Mega Diancie vs Mega Altaria match-up. It was evident from team preview that Venusaur 6-0'd the opponent if I could win the weather war, which looked rather easy thanks to some stuff I have on my team. My game plan was to break with Latios turn 1 as I didnt see good Draco switch-ins on my opponents team + I was running EQ, making Exca a non-factor, really. Hax happened and Latios died, but I was able to remove Serperior. Woopty freakin' Doo. -.-

Landorus-I proved to be a big problem once my Lati died. It basically outsped and KO'd everything on my team except Venu in Sun, of course. Well, thankfully I had Protect Diancie in the back, which turned out to be clutch af. Anyways, from that point, I knew I had to get Sun up ASAP and just win the game with Venusaur. That didn't happen. I was +2 with around 40% health facing a near-dead Altaria. So I figured my opponent would be smart (lol) and stall out the sun a bit, maybe switching to Excadrill so I Giga Drained. Altaria lived. RIP, me.

Right there, the game was turned on its head as I lost my win con. So Diancie became my ticket out, and to win, I would need to keep Diancie alive at all costs. Hippo came in, I clicked Protect, usual stuff. Here after I protected on Hippo, the 'Real' button was clicked, and I made a risky, arguably unneseccary play by staying in and Moon Blasting. It payed off. For some reason, Torterrakion switched to Rotom-W and I took that thing out. Some major misplays from the both of us in this match.

Anyways, after that it was a heated weather war in which whoever won it, won the game. Ninetales pulled through with that sneaky Sunny Day, shifting momentum in my favor, as that meant Excadrill couldn't sweep without a Hippo sack. Hippo was sacked and I played the stall game. Thankfully, my opponent isn't next level and didn't predict Heatran early on. I basically lost the game if Torterrakion predicted Tran on that first switch so phew, right? In the end, sand ran out which meant Diancie could pull thluuu. :D

From this replay, it is shown that Sun is a potent playstyle that can be viable in the OR/AS metagame. Another thing is M-Diancie + Sun is amazing; the rock fairy checks threats to the playstyle in dragons, Talonflame, and the Charizard forms while controlling hazards to an extent, while the Sun core destroys bulky grounds and waters, which threaten Diancie.

Oh and another lesson: Don't be so reckless with your win condition in any given match. If a mon 4X resists move X, you prolly shouldn't click move X on it, lol.

Last edited:

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Might as well post a few. They're not the best, but I'm somewhat proud of them.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-206257700

OU room tour finals Replay showcasing the power of SD Bisharp and Scarf Keldeo. Early game I was able to showcase the power of SD lead chomp with a godly prediction =] later on I was able to use gross to weaken ferro w/ hammer arm. I then sent in the monster that was Gengar, preventing a Lati switch in and forcing in the toed after ferro died, and got off the crucial damage needed for sharp to kill it should I not be able to SD. I was able to get off the damage I needed for a Bisharp sweep on pert with gross's Headbutt, tho I did get a nice flinch that didn't really matter (I had enuff sacs to sweep w/ sharp). After toed came in, I was able to kill Lati thanks to scarf Keldeo, and once that happened, I was able to sac until sharp won. It eventually came down to sharp getting the free turn it needed by sacking my Metagross to an untimely crit, which actually benefitted me tbh. From there Bisharp was able to SD and clean up with sucker punch. It's not the most impressive replay out there, but it shows that HO still has a chance vs rain, which usually shits on it.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-205699360

Yay more rain. Showcases how well spikes + Lopunny + Talonflame are in the meta rn. Having spikes and Lopunny make wearing down opposing teams quite easy, especially when a lot of sr resists are on your opponents team. It was spikes that allowed me to wear Down swamp to the point where an unboosted BB would kill it.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-203664364

Last one for now. I was getting outplayed pretty badly in the beginning, and quite honestly, I had lost hope by the time it was Lopunny vs Gallade. Luckily, I made a ballsy play and left Gallade in hoping that for whatever reason he would predict the Bisharp switch in and HJK, which he did (tho honestly he had no reason to). From there, I was finally able to regain momentum and score the win after getting off an SD with Bisharp. At the time I thought he was scarfed, so I set up an SD because I needed it to kill with sucker punch after rocks. However, he turned out to be banded, so I got the kill on it early, took out Keldeo thanks to my own Keldeo weakening it turn 1, and almost made the biggest choke in history with a misclick on the second to last turn. Luckily he choked it a way and I was able to score the W. Despite its length, it was an intense match for me.

Here's a replay showcasing the power of lure Conkeldurr (Sheer Force + Life Orb):

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-206876984

Did you see that Slowbro? O.o I thought Slowbro's didn't die that easily...

Because everyone expects AV Conk, they will bring in stuff like Slowbro (mega and normal), Fairies and what have you, only to die. Seriously, they will vanish completely. In my team's case, Conk is there to lure in and remove fairies for Sceptile. Anyways, LureConk is deadly and with the right team... *shivers*. Don't sleep on this monster, guys.

P.s. Call me the predictionist
I didn't find what I was looking for in this replay so I am not going to add it to the archive. While this showcases a way for conkeldurr to get around some of its bigs walls its just not the best quality in my opinion. Not saying it was a bad replay. This however can be subject to change if enough people show their support.

Here's a replay showing (movie trailer dude voice) the power of sun offense:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-206906566

I've been experimenting lately with Sun and I have found it to be effective in the meta of OR/AS. I won't delve too much into it though. Instead, I'll talk about the replay.

Looking at it, it was a nice sun vs sand, Mega Diancie vs Mega Altaria match-up. It was evident from team preview that Venusaur 6-0'd the opponent if I could win the weather war, which looked rather easy thanks to some stuff I have on my team. My game plan was to break with Latios turn 1 as I didnt see good Draco switch-ins on my opponents team + I was running EQ, making Exca a non-factor, really. Hax happened and Latios died, but I was able to remove Serperior. Woopty freakin' Doo. -.-

Landorus-I proved to be a big problem once my Lati died. It basically outsped and KO'd everything on my team except Venu in Sun, of course. Well, thankfully I had Protect Diancie in the back, which turned out to be clutch af. Anyways, from that point, I knew I had to get Sun up ASAP and just win the game with Venusaur. That didn't happen. I was +2 with around 40% health facing a near-dead Altaria. So I figured my opponent would be smart (lol) and stall out the sun a bit, maybe switching to Excadrill so I Giga Drained. Altaria lived. RIP, me.

Right there, the game was turned on its head as I lost my win con. So Diancie became my ticket out, and to win, I would need to keep Diancie alive at all costs. Hippo came in, I clicked Protect, usual stuff. Here after I protected on Hippo, the 'Real' button was clicked, and I made a risky, arguably unneseccary play by staying in and Moon Blasting. It payed off. For some reason, Torterrakion switched to Rotom-W and I took that thing out. Some major misplays from the both of us in this match.

Anyways, after that it was a heated weather war in which whoever won it, won the game. Ninetales pulled through with that sneaky Sunny Day, shifting momentum in my favor, as that meant Excadrill couldn't sweep without a Hippo sack. Hippo was sacked and I played the stall game. Thankfully, my opponent isn't next level and didn't predict Heatran early on. I basically lost the game if Torterrakion predicted Tran on that first switch so phew, right? In the end, sand ran out which meant Diancie could pull thluuu. :D

From this replay, it is shown that Sun is a potent playstyle, able to dismantle some balance builds. Another thing is M-Diancie + Sun is amazing; the rock fairy checks threats to the playstyle in dragons, Talonflame, and the Charizard forms while controlling hazards to an extent, while the Sun core destroys bulky grounds and waters, which threaten Diancie.

Oh and another lesson: Don't be so reckless with your win condition in any given match. If a mon 4X resists move X, you prolly shouldn't click move X on it, lol.
This however has piked my interest. This shows that a playstyle usually dismissed as unviable to be viable. (Provided the playstyle is a bit situational) I am going to add this because it shows off how sun teams can really shine . Adding to the archive.

Doing -Clone- replays tomorrow.

Here's one of my favourite matches from OR/AS:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-207491414

This was an OU Room tours match and it was very much down to the wire. One of us had to not miss a below 100% accurate move to win. It was that close. Anyways, I feel this replay shows how Serperior just bodies teams slower than it- not even necesarily weak to it, just slower. The only thing holding my Serp back was Fortune's Scarf Landorus-T who coulve easily taken the match had some predictions been on point or had he not miss the most crucial Stone Edge. Stone miss pullin' thlu for me for once :D

Also, Gyarados could've easily floored me had I not gotten off the toxic or had I made any dumb misplays. All in all, this was a really good match showing how Serp is a pure savage. Doesn't even need Life Orb, haha. Substitute helps it vs revenge killing and double switches while letting it set up on predicted status and/or burned Ferrothorn's, for example. (Or nah..How stronk can a burned Ferro be? Breaking ma subs even when burned.. -.-)

Really great match.

Here is a fun match I had yesterday:

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-207609811

So basically, this guy in the ou chat was talking a lot of shit to me and vice versa, and we decided to settle it with a battle. I brought a mega-latias volcarona semi-stall, and he had a mega-less balanced team. My game-plan was to stack as many hazards as possible, weaken mew and azumarill, and win with boltbeam reflect type latias. I was glad when I saw that his tran was on a balloon, it would be a LOT easier to weaken for latias. After that, I weakened the mew with a combination of scarftar and volcarona. Halfway through the game, he brought out his azumarill. I was scared of a bd set, so I revealed sludge bomb tentacruel as he overpredicted. Lastly, I cleaned up with RT latias. Overall, I think that this match really showed off the utility and power of reflect type mega latias.

Might as well post a few. They're not the best, but I'm somewhat proud of them.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-206257700

OU room tour finals Replay showcasing the power of SD Bisharp and Scarf Keldeo. Early game I was able to showcase the power of SD lead chomp with a godly prediction =] later on I was able to use gross to weaken ferro w/ hammer arm. I then sent in the monster that was Gengar, preventing a Lati switch in and forcing in the toed after ferro died, and got off the crucial damage needed for sharp to kill it should I not be able to SD. I was able to get off the damage I needed for a Bisharp sweep on pert with gross's Headbutt, tho I did get a nice flinch that didn't really matter (I had enuff sacs to sweep w/ sharp). After toed came in, I was able to kill Lati thanks to scarf Keldeo, and once that happened, I was able to sac until sharp won. It eventually came down to sharp getting the free turn it needed by sacking my Metagross to an untimely crit, which actually benefitted me tbh. From there Bisharp was able to SD and clean up with sucker punch. It's not the most impressive replay out there, but it shows that HO still has a chance vs rain, which usually shits on it.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-205699360

Yay more rain. Showcases how well spikes + Lopunny + Talonflame are in the meta rn. Having spikes and Lopunny make wearing down opposing teams quite easy, especially when a lot of sr resists are on your opponents team. It was spikes that allowed me to wear Down swamp to the point where an unboosted BB would kill it.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-203664364

Last one for now. I was getting outplayed pretty badly in the beginning, and quite honestly, I had lost hope by the time it was Lopunny vs Gallade. Luckily, I made a ballsy play and left Gallade in hoping that for whatever reason he would predict the Bisharp switch in and HJK, which he did (tho honestly he had no reason to). From there, I was finally able to regain momentum and score the win after getting off an SD with Bisharp. At the time I thought he was scarfed, so I set up an SD because I needed it to kill with sucker punch after rocks. However, he turned out to be banded, so I got the kill on it early, took out Keldeo thanks to my own Keldeo weakening it turn 1, and almost made the biggest choke in history with a misclick on the second to last turn. Luckily he choked it a way and I was able to score the W. Despite its length, it was an intense match for me.
Worst Player 0/10
JK

Replay 1: I think that this one was a bit weaker mainly because of the way your opp built his rain team. It was overall pretty standard and it seemed he did not have many reliable ways to set up rain outside of Toed. He also didn't exactly make the best plays he could have imo.

Replay 2:This i stronger then the first one and I think it does show that Lopunny+spikes it pretty good goin in archive.

Replay 3: This one was not as good of a quality as number 2. It was a decent game but your opponent made a few questionable plays and choked away a game ha had.

Doing more later.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-207887245

Decided to play a little more mons after a several month hiatus, heard Mega Sableye was good, I liked my old stall team but Mega Venu these days is lol and while Zapdos would occasionally wreck people I felt like I needed something more consistent, hence the Wish Rachi. I also had 2 CMers so I switched Calm Mind on Cune to Roar.

Anywho, the battle itself was..interesting to say the least. I was really worried about initial Rotom-W + Landorus-T Voltturn pressure as almost all stalls struggle with this to some extent if they're not running RH Skarmory, at least in my experience (and I don't think Skarm is as strong on stall thesedays since Mega Pinsir and Diggersby are less common and getting Shed Shell knock'd + Zone can ruin a team). I also sorta misplayed by switching Clef into Sableye when Chansey could have handled things better and potentially forced a PP stall which would have been more favourable than forcing it out with Clef and having to Bell if Clef got burned.

When Gliscor went down, I was terrified that I would lose - and truth be told, if I hadn't of ST'd Scald I surely would have. When Chansey was out though, I thought "well, that's it", especially because I blamed myself for it being a misplay when I really couldn't have seen the Superpower coming (is that common now?) Then came the long, drawn-out, attempt to stop a Sableye sweep by PP-stalling. While he succeeded, Sableye had done some damage and cleared out Tran when nothing left on my team really could. A TON of Iron Head hax got me through his Mega-Sableye, and I started slow Wishturning to Clefable, with both of my last mons burned. Then it essentially became a PP stall of Hydro Pumps, which he could have played out better but I don't think it would have mattered that much. Last few turns are me basically just having to play super carefully to insure that I keep Rachi alive until Latios is dead and then just getting a slow Wishpass to Clef. Sassy Rachi on this team works wonders; being able to Wishpass out of Rotoms is lovely.

So apart from the hax, this ended up being a very good game and demonstration of stall, and how to break Sableye offense WITH stall (although I wouldn't want to play it this close again...).

Last edited:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-207887245

Decided to play a little more mons after a several month hiatus, heard Mega Sableye was good, I liked my old stall team but Mega Venu these days is lol and while Zapdos would occasionally wreck people I felt like I needed something more consistent, hence the Wish Rachi. I also had 2 CMers so I switched Calm Mind on Cune to Roar.

Anywho, the battle itself was..interesting to say the least. I was really worried about initial Rotom-W + Landorus-T Voltturn pressure as almost all stalls struggle with this to some extent if they're not running RH Skarmory, at least in my experience (and I don't think Skarm is as strong on stall thesedays since Mega Pinsir and Diggersby are less common and getting Shed Shell knock'd + Zone can ruin a team). I also sorta misplayed by switching Clef into Sableye when Chansey could have handled things better and potentially forced a PP stall which would have been more favourable than forcing it out with Clef and having to Bell if Clef got burned.

When Gliscor went down, I was terrified that I would lose - and truth be told, if I hadn't of ST'd Scald I surely would have. When Chansey was out though, I thought "well, that's it", especially because I blamed myself for it being a misplay when I really couldn't have seen the Superpower coming (is that common now?) Then came the long, drawn-out, attempt to stop a Sableye sweep by PP-stalling. While he succeeded, Sableye had done some damage and cleared out Tran when nothing left on my team really could. A TON of Iron Head hax got me through his Mega-Sableye, and I started slow Wishturning to Clefable, with both of my last mons burned. Then it essentially became a PP stall of Hydro Pumps, which he could have played out better but I don't think it would have mattered that much. Last few turns are me basically just having to play super carefully to insure that I keep Rachi alive until Latios is dead and then just getting a slow Wishpass to Clef. Sassy Rachi on this team works wonders; being able to Wishpass out of Rotoms is lovely.

So apart from the hax, this ended up being a very good game and demonstration of stall, and how to break Sableye offense WITH stall (although I wouldn't want to play it this close again...).
Bad game and a bad representation of Stall. Turn 36 Draco Meteor was clearly the best move, as your best switch in was Rachi since it resists both stabs. The small amount of damage a neutral non stab move is not worth risking the entire game for at that point. For Heatran vs Sablee there was no way Recover was going to be pp stalled and letting you go to +6 was incredible stupid. Lando should have came in as soon as it was burned, forcing sable out or to die from crits or recover being stalled out. Killing Sable by flinching 6/7 iron heads, but he kind of deserved it for using recover while over 50% instead of Wisp. To mae it worse he proceeds to spam hydro pumps, which with a crit would kill into protects, despite volt switch being able to kill.

To contribute more I'll post a replay of my own

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-207621322

Here's a 211 turn match of my stall team demonstrating some important things to know when playing stall, as well as being cool for being ORAS vs an XY team.

Knock off is vital on stall, almost as much as much as SR. Removing Leftovers, especially from Heatran makes wearing mons without recovery down so much easier. Life Orbs from Latios and Bisharp can often make the difference from living or dieing to a crit.

Keep track of PP, especially if you're expecting a long match is extremely important. Just because you can't wear down the opposing team doesn't mean you lose. Recovery moves only have 16 PP and Heal Bell only has 8. If you keep the pressure up they will eventually run out. In this game I considered the game won at turn 111, knowing that with heal bells out Ferro, Skarm and CharX were as good as dead, although I expected to burn Gliscor too. The rest would die to spikes and Gyara.

Not showing all your moves can make a big difference. In this game, when CharX showed it's last move was Earthquake and not Flare Blitz I was able to play much more offensive against it, in particular Bronzong could come in on it to Toxic.

Reactions: TLS
Bad game and a bad representation of Stall. Turn 36 Draco Meteor was clearly the best move, as your best switch in was Rachi since it resists both stabs. The small amount of damage a neutral non stab move is not worth risking the entire game for at that point. For Heatran vs Sablee there was no way Recover was going to be pp stalled and letting you go to +6 was incredible stupid. Lando should have came in as soon as it was burned, forcing sable out or to die from crits or recover being stalled out. Killing Sable by flinching 6/7 iron heads, but he kind of deserved it for using recover while over 50% instead of Wisp. To mae it worse he proceeds to spam hydro pumps, which with a crit would kill into protects, despite volt switch being able to kill.
Looking back through he did make some misplays, not bringing Landorus in earlier's a big one. I think he should have foddered something off early to get Lando in easier, and I can see the reason for no Dmeteor on 36 as, to be honest, I didn't know how much Tbolt was going to do.

Your battle essentially shows why you should run Mega Sableye on stall - to beat other stall teams. It's such a crucial thing nowadays and I can see the merit of Knock Off, only wish I could find room for it somewhere on my team.

Ladies and gentlemen, lads and gals, I give you the greatest OU battle of our generation. It's better than any battle CTC, ben gay, or pokeaim have ever fought. I give you: Azumarill vs. Azumarill in one turn:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-209229407

Why would any person even do this? In what world do you sub against an Azumarill? I had no counters to Azumarill anyways.
"What kind of replays should be posted here?
  • Battles which display a particular playstyle really well. X
  • Battles with two highly rated members of the ladder. (If ladder battling) X
  • Battles in which show (good) new and creative sets off. X
  • High level tour battles. X "
What does this replay show off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)