Project OU Theorymon [Voting: Check Post #3272]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Minor question, but do the Theorymons get shifted out the same way as they did in the old version, or will they all always be playable on the server?

ok guys, I'm sorry for my infortunate suggestion, I won't do it again.
I posted another suggestion on Mysteria wall, a viable one now.

Okay, I'm only going to post this because I want to show you all what a theorymon team looks like. My team is the one that has Froslass. Yes, I know the other team was a hacked one. I just wanted to highlight how some of the things work, such as Defiant Entei and Prankster Froslass. I really want to see more people on Aqua trying out the Theorymon ladder. If you have any questions when you get to Aqua server, don't hesitate to ask around. If you can't get a battle on the ladder, just ask anyone if they want to fight.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/customgame-208348185

EDIT:

Here's another one where both teams are Theorymon. Fuck Focus Sash X)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/customgame-208352558

Last edited:

+ Moxie | + Sand Rush | + Electrify | + Spikes

And, the votes are out!
  • Weavile + Moxie: ||||||||||||||||||
  • Cacturne + Sand Rush: ||||||||||||||||||
  • Pidgeot + Spikes: ||||||||||||
  • Zebstrika + Electrify: |||
What is this? Weavile and Cacturne are tied? That means... the decision falls in my hands! What to do? Do I pick this Speed wonder who can quickly rack up damage. Or do I pick the Dark-type who has the Speed going for it? Perhaps I shall pick the oddball, and go for Mega Pidgeot? Well... what to do?! I do have one vote, and it will decide the winner. So, what do I do? After thinking this over for about fifteen hours, I have come to a decision. The winner is a Dark-type, is fast, gets a new ability, and now has 19 votes! Oh, so which is that you may ask? The winner is... Moxie Weavile! Congrats to the Moxie Weavile Campaign 2015™!

Now that this campaign is over and we have a new theorymon, it's time for some new inductees to our pool of fight club politics!

Unaware Umbreon [campaign created by x MAD AXES x ™]

Unaware Umbreon is a campaign created by x MAD AXES x to showcase the excellent that Umbreon will be able to show in office by brushing off the negative comments he may receive and use his wonders for good! Umbreon has gained this Unaware stance because of his general personality, which has always been a bit... ditzy. Unaware Umbreon wants to be our next City Mayor because he feels as if his ability is far superior to some exterminator named Shu C. Kle! Umbreon went to law school beforehand, but was honorably discharged for his great record in managing to lose 12 out of his 11 court cases! Who else can claim this claimed claim? None of the other candidates can claim this title! Umbreon also has past experience as a shrink, where he effortlessly helped 10 people out of depression by just saying the two simple words everyone wants to hear, "just chill". Quite moving, if you ask me!

Besides his experiences, Umbreon has work on the field as well. Thanks to his ability, Umbreon is able to ignore any angry Garchomps that come his way, or perhaps any Mega Sableye trying to remain calm in front of it. Though Umbreon relies on using foul tactics and poison to get his way to victory, he has the capability to keep the wish alive for the rest of his crew! Umbreon can also lay curses, and then use the payback karma he collects from his enemies! Umbreon is a very skilled fighter, with a darkness that allows him to take on a multitude of negativity; despite being dark! Don't let his "darkness" fool you, he's a very caring person and is able to synchronize one on one with you if you'll give him a chance! Vote Unaware Umbreon!

Sucker Punch Pangoro [campaign created by @Patolegend!]

Pangoro has been training in the Tibet mountains for quite some time! He's been skilled in the art of Bamboo-fu for quite some time now, but he just couldn't not master everything. After years and years of finding the right person to teach him, he finally ran into a Bisharp on a hike. This kind Bisharp taught him the dangerous Sucker Punch, which Pangoro has been perfecting ever since. But, what does he want to do running in office? Pangoro aims to sucker punch his opponents out of the ring and win the race! Besides, with all his training, you'd want to stay out of his way too! Pangoro is quite the fearsome leader, yes, but he'd love to be your next Mayor!

When Pangoro is sent into a battle arena, he pulls out every tactic he his. His most famous move, the parting shot, leaves his opponent stunned and gets out to one of his crewmates. He has a powerful blow that removes the opponents teeth, Knock Off, as well! Pangoro can wield all of his power into one brisk punch and overwhelm his opponent with a super powerful smack to the face. Pangoro's secret weapon is a band he received for becoming a black belt, which only allows him to use one super powerful attack. Sucker Punch is a rare move that anticipates the foes' next move and strikes them in their weakest point. Truly sneaky indeed, very fitting for a Pokemon such as Pangoro! Vote Pangoro!

Mold Breaker Shuckle

Shuckle may appear to be a lowly exterminator-bug-like-odd-looking-what-is-this type creature, but it's for more than that! She's spent her life as an exterminator, perfecting the art of removing mold from anywhere with just his looks! How terrifying?! You'd think! At least! Well, no! She hides in her shell for most of the time. How is this supposed to be the mayor, then, you may ask? Well, her looks, when out of the shell, are enough to break any mold and make a friendly face to anyone! Everyone is mesmerized by her, even if she's only up to their knees! She's running for office because she loves the politics and her mother always pushed for it! She's hoping to win this election so she can set her Stealth Rocks all over the Mega Sableye-tolitis!

Mold Breaker Shuckle deserves your vote because Mega Sableye's tyranny is no longer! Shuckle can now set its Stealth Rock and Sticky Web on the angered Mega Sableye, no longer shall it reign! Shuckle can use its titanic walls and barriers to set up on these terrifying walls and without fear, might I add! Shuckle's sticky webs are able to be spewed at any time and on any threat that may oppose her wrath. Shuckle's utility for her teammates is unbelievable and is sure to make her a great mayor for our town! Vote Shuckle, 2015!

Speed Boost Mega Latios

Ah yes, after many years of excellent fighter pilot training, Mega Latios has finally attained the coveted Speed Boost! This Speed Boost allows Mega Latios to stay ahead of the game in this competition! Mega Latios' excellent Speed and wonderful power will glide it right to victory! Its raw speed alone allows it to zoom through crowds faster than the drop of a hat! Traveling around the world at a powerful 1 mile per hour, it can travel around three times in abut one year! That's insane! Mega Latios wants to be your mayor because he feels his raw Speed can rub off on the town, allowing for longer work hours and higher pays, for sure! Mega Latios' speed is something to be admired, of course!

Mega Latios works fantastically in battle thanks to its ability to remain calm while charging its Speed. There's not much more to it, but it does get a nifty Speed Boost and it finally stands out against its younger brother, Latios!

Now, get discussing!

To recap:

+ Unaware | + Sucker Punch | + Mold Breaker | + Speed Boost

Last edited:

+ Unaware | + Knock Off | + Mold Breaker | + Speed Boost
I think you mean pangoro + sucker punch, not knock off.
looks like a very interesting slate!
Just some quick thoughts from me for now
Sucker punch panda looks like its final ticket it needed for ou status, as it fixes its lowest issue, speed! (although 50-50s blah blah blah) A dual stab SD set with knock off, drain punch and sucker wold be really cool, and it has excellent offensive synergy with bisharp, forming a cool knock off/sucker punch spam core, with bisharp beating fairies for panda and panda beating bulky dark types for bisharp
Unaware umbreon looks really annoying, and unaware synergises very well with STAB foul play, looks like it could have a solid niche.
Mold breaker shuckle looks ok, I mean now you beat mold breaker users and such, but you lose sturdy, which means you can be anti-lead by stuff like mega-metagross, but shuckle is already so bulky anyway that it barely matters.
Speed Boost Latios-mega looks cool, it could run an interesting cm set that would be quite a menace for alot of teams, and would be much harder to revenge kill.

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Woah, new slate hehebwoi :]

Anyway, this is probably the best slate I've seen for theorymon, really interesting. Should've made Umbreon shiny it looks swag as fuck

Pangoro + Sucker Punch patches up it's dismal speed. As Teeny Victory said, a dual HO Knock off spam core sounds cool with Bish+Pangoro. Don't really have much to say about the panda, since I've never used it, but meh.

Unaware + Umbreon, probably my favourite of the four. Outclassed by Sylveon as a cleric, wish passer? Nah, I'll laugh at you whilst you Dragon Dance. Cursebreon with Unaware could be nice niche though, taking Pokemon such as TG Manaphy, CroBro etc for setup fodder and boosting in it's face. Another potential set is the Toxic, Wish, Heal bell set, and tbh the only things that could kill it would be strong Fighting types such as Megallade, Lopunny or Medicham (or the occassional specs sylveon) Too bad fairies and fighting types are on the rise...

Shuckle + Mold Breaker no more Sturdy? Getting past Magic Bounce shenanigans is cool and no more Contrary Shell Smashing is cool too, but I still don't think getting past Sab and Diancie is worthy enough for a place in OU. Azelf and Smeargle can get past them too, I mean.

Speed Boost + Mega Latios This is kind of broken isn't it? I mean, speed boost on a 'mon with base 130 attack and 160 special attack, Mega Latios will be a great wallbreaker for sure. Modest Mega Latios now hits harder than LO Latios (who runs timid ofc), which solves the opportunity cost issue keeping it at B- iirc, as well as the "outclassed by LO Latios, luxury mega" syndrome. A mixed set could be quite nice.
And take a look at this:
Mega Blaziken - 80HP/160Atk/80Def/130SpA/80SpD/100Spe
Mega Latios - 80HP/130Atk/100Def/160SpA/120SpD/110Spe

Dude. Mega Latios is stronger than Mega Blaziken. mfw i saw this.

unfixable said:
She's spent her life as an exterminator, perfecting the art of removing mold from anywhere with just his looks!
Just a minor thing, but you put shuckle as a 'she' first then as a 'he'. rofl.

Last edited:
You literally gave Speed Boost to a Pokémon which is a slightly better version of a former S-rank. Are you guys high
Onto the others...
Mold Breaker Shuckle unfortunately isn't that interesting. It's got one job and one job only; get past one Pokémon whose effectiveness people are really overstating. Not to mention if you're against Sableye then Sticky Web will be utterly worthless as you'll be up against a stall team. Sorry, but I really don't see this having an interesting impact upon the meta. It just lets you get up rocks against Sableye and maybe a toxic and that's it.
Unaware Umbreon seems... interesting but I'm not entirely sure why I'd use it over Clefable, especially when it has no offensive presence. Fucking over SDers with Foul Play might be fun, but... eh, I think I'll need more convincing. Still gonna think about it because it does seem to have potential.
Sucker Punch Pangoro is perfect. Absolutely perfect for what this panda needs. It's not necessarily that it itself is going to make Pangoro interesting, but it needed some sort of powerful priority to let it's other traits shine. Now that it has the power to threaten a ton of 'mon, they could switch out, on which you'd do a parting shot letting your SD Talonflame or DD Gyarados or RP Diancie or whatever set-up with ease. This is just one example but I've always thought of Pangoro as a pretty diverse and interesting 'mon that just needed some better stats or moves to help it shine. While ORAS tutors have certainly helped to a great degree, I think this was the final piece.

Speed Boost Mega Latios would be pretty insane, Ubers level tbh. Personally I always found Speed Boost to be a pretty degenerate ability, boosting without any thought involved, and only really degenerate or gimmicky Pokemon ever get it (barring based Sharpedo.) Out of this slate, I really only like Pangoro. It really helps kung fu panda with his speed problem, and fits him really well. The others are kind of gimmicky, Umbreon's problem isn't so much its mostly useless ability, as it is it's typing defensively and lack of any offensive presence. Shuckle still isn't that great, but this does give it a really nice niche. Mega Sableye can barely even do damage to it at +2, and Shuckle has free reign to Toxic it, set up hazards, or do whatever else Shuckle does in it's spare time.

I'm honestly feeling Speed Boost Latiosite is a bit too much, honestly. On something with ridiculously high power and the ability to set-up with Calm Mind - essentially giving Latios a Quiver Dance, jfc - it seems like it'd be extremely overcentralizing.
I just want to make something clear here; Mega Latios has absolutely no problems offensively. It is arguably a perfect Pokémon. The big problem is the insane opportunity cost it gives, so any real buffs rather than changes - and especially Speed Boost, holy hell what next Adaptability - is almost certain to make it broken. Maybe it would have been cool to see a change of typing so as to give it a better secondary STAB for the DD sets or maybe even an ability which makes it's physical attack better since those are sub-par, but making Mega Latios as a special attacker and as a whole better is ridiculous.

Wow someone else agrees fhat it shouldnt be on there!

Besides that stupid thing, lost cacturne's eligibility cause of unfix not voting but doing so then. Really mad cause i liked that damn thing a heck of a lot but seems to be normal with my thoughts these past few slates

x MAD AXES x proposed Umbreon to me and i am very eager to how it works. Through all the unaware mons, it has the largest bulk by far yet can said with the worst overall typing. It has recovery options via moonlight and standard wishtect, and has access to a nice STAB foul play to abuse on physical set up sweepers as it so wishtect. Its got competition sure but its an idea i like a bit just cause adding unaware on a mon with something better than moderate bulk would be intriguing.

Patolegend! gave us a new idea to abuse Panda a lot better with a set of subpunch, s-punch, and gunk shot looking fun to abuse of the top my head. Its got alot of fun with some nice competition.

Then shuckle with mold breaker. It beats sable a bit, but idk, i still dont like him much

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus
So what would happen if we do get rid of Latios? Do we add in another submission or just leave our slate with 3 pokes?

Why do you keep assuming I'm just going to unslate Latios? The slates only 2 hours old, give it some time.
He's only asking what the plan is should that happen lol; not that it's definitely going to happen. It's a fair assumption to make that the thing is stupidly broken so they just want to know what'll happen if it is deemed unslateworthy or w/e

Even if we don't un-slate Mega Latios, I'm sure it won't get voted for. I really do like the idea since it makes sense, but it's unbelievably broken. Most people should agree on that and won't vote on it. Before Mega Garchomp was taken off, people knew it would be unhealthy for theorymons so they said they wouldn't vote for it. The thing with Latios is it literally requires no team support. Mega Garchomp at least needed something like T-Tar to set up Sand, while Latios needs nothing. People will realize how broken it is and won't vote for it, just like Mega Chomp before it got taken down.

I'll give my thoughts on the rest of the slate later, I'm a bit busy right now, but I wanted to say this.

Umbreon + Unaware: One of the only two decent slates here. Despite its weaknesses and passiveness, it'd make an awesome Unaware wall and cleric.

Pangoro + Sucker Punch: This probably is going to get my vote. Its got SD, so a Sucker Punch from this thing can hit as hard as Bisharp does. Along with Parting Shot, Poison Jab/Gunk Shot for Fairies and all the STAB options it could want, this thing would be a beast. I think people are overestimating Bisharp's bulk in their Bisharp+Pangoro core though. Bisharp is only neutral to Fairies and can't take 2 hits from most of their STAB attacks, and if they outspeed, Bisharp loses to them, so it can't take hits for Pangoro.

Shuckle + Mold Breaker: Losing Sturdy isn't doing Shuckle any favors. Stall teams don't care about Sticky Web, so really the only thing this does is get through Mega Diancie in return for not having OHKO protection. Seems like a bad trade to me.

Mega Latios + Speed Boost: To echo everyone else's statements: wut. Seriously, why was this slated? You'd end up with a stronger Latios that after 2 turns and 28 Speed EVs outspeeds even Scarf Timid Gengar (which it can easily get by switching into anything it forces out).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)