Technical Support v2 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Actually, the problem started November 20th. The hard drive had issues around that time and caused some things to be lost, including some of these mini sprites. This means the problem applies to everyone, not just you and it'll be fixed eventually.
But I have asked around and no one else has had this problem

Actually, the problem started November 20th. The hard drive had issues around that time and caused some things to be lost, including some of these mini sprites. This means the problem applies to everyone, not just you and it'll be fixed eventually.
i don't have this problem, it works fine for me. the problem isn't for everyone

Urgent problem
System: Mac 10.8.5
Browser: Firefox 35.0.1
Today 7 February the problem started

My teams keep dissapearing, i just lost over 50 teams, i create new ones and disappear after a while

I haven't deleted cookies nor anything

im on windows 8 and ps is no longer loading for me i tried all the browers it gets stuck on Initializing... DONE
Loading libraries... DONE
Loading data... DONE
Loading client... and even tried another pc not working still

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Windows 8 / Chrome (edit: doesn't work in IE either)

I'm having that problem when I try to log in with my browser but I have the pokemon showdown program downloaded and that gives me a different message when I try to open that.

It gets to that same point and crashes with the following message:

Uncaught node.js Error

ReferenceError: $ is not defined
at _Storage.nwLoadTeamFile (https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/js/storage.js?b0d4b707:349:10)
at Window.<anonymous> (https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/js/storage.js?b0d4b707:327:9)
at Object.oncomplete (fs.js:107:15)

EDIT (2:16AM) I redownloaded the program and now I'm only getting the same error as the people above me. About to try an uninstall this time before reinstalling. EDIT 1 second later and it's working again haha

Last edited:
in reference to the above issue which i also have
edit: well the ones above that several people have

^ I am having the same problem several people just mentioned. It only applies to certain servers though, the official server for example is just fine for me.

I've been having trouble with the team icons of megas/diancie. I haven't experienced the problem on other devices/found someone with the same problem.
The problem with the icons of megas/diancie is I can't see them, not in battle or teambuilder. I have tried downloading the PS Client but encountered the same problem.

Required info:
1.Windows 8
2.Chrome
3.I've tried Firefox & the same thing happens, just a blank spot.
4.I don't remember the exact date of when it started but I've had it since mid december
5.Snowballin
I've had a similar problem myself, mega images not showing correctly. Tried to reinstall thinking it might just need a refresh and found other problems appearing to. One of which is my virus checker (Avast) picking up the file Win32:Evo-gen and raising it repeatedly. At one count, the file was archived a total of 25 times. I've marked the file as safe for now which seems to have prevented anymore. But lately all my teams I have created are getting wiped out of the list. It happened overnight as I saved everything, went to bed and next morning - nothing. I have seen a message on one of the other forum messages 'Ask A Simple Question, Get A Simple Answer - PS! Edition (please read before posting a thread)' on page 13 informing of this to. Starting to backup the files now so hoping that will help for the time being
Please include the following information in your question:
  1. Windows 8
  2. Internet Explorer 11
  3. I have not tried using it in a Browser, this is directly from Pokémon Showdown
  4. Middle of this week Wednesday/Thursday
  5. danielm2015uk
  6. a. Virus Check Avast flags Win32:Evo-gen as an error file repeatedly (archived as safe), b. Mega Sprites disappeared, c. All team lists are wiped

Attachments

1. Windows 8.1
  2. Google Chrome
  3. tried IE
  4. Just now(I just got my laptop today)
  5. Tywnnvlad
  6. The chat gets stucked at "loading...". I tried queueing for a match and it asks me to log in, I looged in and it doesnt work just asks me again and again. The client is working fine though.

1. Windows 8
2. Google Chrome
3. Same thing in Firefox
4. Today
5. Norx21
6. Going through site doesn't load all the way. Tried other browser and disabling extensions. Client works fine, but trying to join alternate Showdown servers, and both standard and other servers don't work through the webpage. This is what it looks like. Not an issue with the other server either. Other people were on it while I was trying to connect. Trying to log in doesn't work. Type in username and hit ok, and nothing happens after that. Trying to find battle just displays loading, and doesn't do anything from there.

http://i.imgur.com/5Btyu8B.jpg

My PS! account (Ban Thundurus I) can't battle. I cannot challenge opponents, I cannot accept challenges from opponents, I cannot use the ladder, and I cannot use tournaments. I've tried using the downloadable version, I've tried using the browser version (I used FireFox, Internet Explorer, and Google Chrome to test and see if it would work), and I tried using multiple other devices, including my Amazon Kindle Fire, my Laptop, and my Desktop computer. The problem didn't start until about 2:00 EST and I'm still incapable of battling.

I tried PMing Haunter in the lobby, got no response, and I explained my problem to a few people in a few chat rooms and they had no idea what was going on. Please respond.

1. Windows 8.1
  2. Google Chrome
  3. tried IE
  4. Just now(I just got my laptop today)
  5. Tywnnvlad
  6. The chat gets stucked at "loading...". I tried queueing for a match and it asks me to log in, I looged in and it doesnt work just asks me again and again. The client is working fine though.
This is the exact same problem with me and no one has seemed to answer it?
It's incredibly frustrating as I can't get any battles because PS seems to be stuck loading my user information after i type in my Name.

Could someone please explain??

EDIT:
I fixed this problem by downloading PS to my computer maybe you should give it a try?

Last edited:
  1. openSUSE (Linux)
  2. Firefox
  3. The same is in Konqueror and Chromium
  4. About 12 hours ago
  5. Elveman
  6. Can't connect to bunch of servers (Aqua, Russian PokeCenter, Pokerus, Reborn and others; error 503 or 504) even though can connect to main server and some others (Frost, Smogontours)

1. mac
2. Downloadable Client
3. Haven't tried, problem just started
4. like 2 minutes ago
5. Yellow Skarmory
6. every time i try to connect to showdown on the downloadable client, after a bit it just shuts randomly (like maybe 30 seconds to a minute). haven't tried playing on showdown non-downloadable.
EDIT: non-downloadable client works, but i just lost all my teams because i stored them on downloadable and clicking "save" erased most of the teams and all the pokemon, but the tiers and names are still there for some of them. RIP. i didnt even clear my cookies.
EDIT2: downloadable works again, but teams are still gone

Last edited:

LilOu

PO poopyhead
  1. Mac OS (Mavericks)
  2. Downloadable client
  3. Safari (Version 8.0.3 (10600.3.18))
  4. 1 month ago
  5. LilOu
  6. Whenever I open the app or try to get in on Safari, this message pops up: http://i.imgur.com/YL352K8.jpg
Now, I haven't hacked anything nor spammed. I can play normally, but I can't talk while battling nor while on a chat room. Also, I've PMd a couple mods there and got unlocked, regaining my ability to chat; however, whenever I close the app and log in back again, it's the same as before.

1. mac
2. Downloadable Client
4. like 1 minute ago
5. Yellow Skarmory
6. Message comes up saying: This server is requesting an invalid login key. This probably means that either you are not connected to a server, or the server is set up incorrectly. any idea what's causing this?

1. mac
2. Downloadable Client
4. like 1 minute ago
5. Yellow Skarmory
6. Message comes up saying: This server is requesting an invalid login key. This probably means that either you are not connected to a server, or the server is set up incorrectly. any idea what's causing this?
PS was experiencing some gigantic lagspike (from some sort of connection loop thing) but it's working again now since it was restarted.

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hi lately I've been having a lot of trouble connecting to PS. It says I'm connected to the server, however I cannot log on, watch battles, type in the chat, or do anything of that nature. It just says "loading" for everything. It says the same shit for all the other servers as well and I've tried going on different web browsers and they all do the same shit, so I don't think it's Chrome. Here's what it looks like:

Every now and then it will work again, but 75% of the time, it just sits like this forever unless I get lucky and manage to refresh the page enough times that it decides to work. I honestly have no clue what the problem is. It can't be an internet issue because obviously I'm connected to the internet and every other website works fine, but for some reason PS just refuses to let me log on. I've had no problems with it until now.

Also sometimes I can connect to the chat but I can't see any names the the sidebar it says "Guests Only". Is this some kind of filter issue?

Last edited:
Hi lately I've been having a lot of trouble connecting to PS. It says I'm connected to the server, however I cannot log on, watch battles, type in the chat, or do anything of that nature. It just says "loading" for everything. It says the same shit for all the other servers as well and I've tried going on different web browsers and they all do the same shit, so I don't think it's Chrome. Here's what it looks like:

Every now and then it will work again, but 75% of the time, it just sits like this forever unless I get lucky and manage to refresh the page enough times that it decides to work. I honestly have no clue what the problem is. It can't be an internet issue because obviously I'm connected to the internet and every other website works fine, but for some reason PS just refuses to let me log on. I've had no problems with it until now.

Also sometimes I can connect to the chat but I can't see any names the the sidebar it says "Guests Only". Is this some kind of filter issue?

did you try both https and http? also, check the browser console for errors.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)