Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
once I get my COIL up, how do they link my PS username to my Smogon username, assuming they're different?
I'm not sure what your question is. What do you mean by linking your PS and Smogon accounts?
If you're referring to this
then that feature has not been added yet.

Edit: if the above is what you're talking about there is your answer.

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
once I get my COIL up, how do they link my PS username to my Smogon username, assuming they're different?
i c/p'd this from one of the alt confirmation threads
When you meet the ladder reqs, post a screenshot with your username and COIL Ranking to confirm you did it. The username located in the top right corner of the PS! window MUST be in the screenshot for it to be counted.

Is Custap Berry a legal item in Gen VI?
Somebody mentioned Custap Forretress in the UU viability rankings, but I can't find any place or event where you can obtain Custap Berry in XY or in ORAS.

You can get them from the Pokemile game things on Pokémon Global Link. The same games make every other berry available.
Thanks!
Another question. I don't exactly understand how the Global Link stuff works. I remember something about the Dream World being shut down. Can somebody explain how Global Link works?

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Is there any good answer to Lando-I other than Revenge Killing?
Zapdos is a pretty good switch in, especially specially defensive variants. Mandibuzz is also a nice switch in. Bronzong works too, as do Celebi, Gliscor, Gyarados, Latias, Mega Latias, Latios, specially defensive Rotom-W, and AV Tornadus. My personal favorite however is definitely Cresselia.

Keep in mind not all of these are perfect (Cress is), but they tend to get the job done.

Alright, guys, a quick question about my Mandibuzz. It's really pulling its weight in my team right now, but I've been switching between 5 different moves on it, and am not sure which 4 are the best, those moves being Defog, U-turn, Roost, Toxic and Foul Play.

Now, I know that Defog is kinda the whole point of Mandibuzz but, at the moment, that's the move I'm not using. So far I've rarely faced a team that puts down more than Stealth Rock, and, as my own team only has Mandibuzz weak to it (and Stealth Rocks of my own), it's often not worth Defogging. I also find that the mere existence of Mandibuzz on team preview will stop people from laying down too many hazards.

U-turn and Foul Play are, I think, the most alternative moves on there, but I'm finding them really useful, the former for momentum (two of my other pokes have switching moves) and the latter to allow Mandibuzz to deal some pretty huge damage.

Toxic is also useful, and I feel as if that's a staple on Mandi.

Roost I guess is a no-brainer.

So I guess I'm thinking either Defog, Toxic or Foul Play should be the move I lose here, but honestly I'm leaning towards dropping Defog. What do you guys think?

Alright, guys, a quick question about my Mandibuzz. It's really pulling its weight in my team right now, but I've been switching between 5 different moves on it, and am not sure which 4 are the best, those moves being Defog, U-turn, Roost, Toxic and Foul Play.

Now, I know that Defog is kinda the whole point of Mandibuzz but, at the moment, that's the move I'm not using. So far I've rarely faced a team that puts down more than Stealth Rock, and, as my own team only has Mandibuzz weak to it (and Stealth Rocks of my own), it's often not worth Defogging. I also find that the mere existence of Mandibuzz on team preview will stop people from laying down too many hazards.

U-turn and Foul Play are, I think, the most alternative moves on there, but I'm finding them really useful, the former for momentum (two of my other pokes have switching moves) and the latter to allow Mandibuzz to deal some pretty huge damage.

Toxic is also useful, and I feel as if that's a staple on Mandi.

Roost I guess is a no-brainer.

So I guess I'm thinking either Defog, Toxic or Foul Play should be the move I lose here, but honestly I'm leaning towards dropping Defog. What do you guys think?
Foul Play isn't negotiable, it's your only source of immediate damage and is extremely useful for smashing physical attackers. In general, Defog is better than Toxic, especially since Toxic Spikes are starting to see a resurgence, and Spike stacking offense is still extremely dangerous.

What's a good EV spread and nature for a Lefties bulky DD/Roost Dragonite? Assuming that set's not total garbage, of course.
This is currently the analysis standard set for Bulky Dragonite

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 216 HP / 64 Atk / 228 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Roost
- Dragon Claw
- Extreme Speed
- Fire Punch/Superpower

I'm not sure you could fit DD on there though, considering you'd either lose coverage or ES, which is one of Dragonite's most important tools.

Can someone explain to me what the hell a stable OU meta means? I mean this is why many of the big shots here want to ban Metagross and it doesn't make sense to me

What is a stable meta?

A meta that isn't defined by flavour of the week trends that dominate the ladder (and exasperating the need for balance measures/suspect testing), but rather, something that can be considered consistent and, for the most part, fair for the variety of major playstyles. Moreover, a stable meta means that if you develop a solid team, you can bring it in and expect it not to be made invalid by some new threat or ban come the week/month after.

Most importantly, we know we have a mostly stable meta when Arcanine is no longer considered viable.

Usually, a stable meta will emerge once the power creep of every new release has been dealt with, and the offending forces removed from the tier. But near the release of a new title, things are quite volatile, as one top tier threat is often simply replaced by another once the first is banned, and its difficult to really see how the new meta will change once certain offending threats are gone. Likewise, some things (see: BP) can end up sneaking up from just below the surface, and these things can take time to notice, but when realized, can cause further unforeseen shifts in how the meta works.

Keep in mind that a stable meta does not necessarily imply one without dynamism. The meta will grow, change, and adapt over time, but at a slower, healthier pace that is not built around knee-jerk reactions to wildly powerful threats, but rather around new tactics and strategies, which is generally less prone to stagnation.

Is the OU council considering retesting Genesect-Electric, -Fire, -Ice, and -Water? These technically count as alternate forms of Genesect (as the drives can't be Knocked off / tricked and Genesect's appearance looks a bit different) and holding the drives causes Genesect to become a bit worse since it can't hold other items.

How do you calculate a pokemon speed stat after a boost from Chlorophyll (Base 80) and with a Choice Scarf?

Also can I get a formula to calculate the stat and speed boost.

Considering the massive and costly investment needed to run chlorophyll users effectively, a scarf seems like a good level of overkill, especially when you consider that you'll be outspeeding the entire unboosted meta at that point regardless, and you'll only be compromising your ability to effectively use the otherwise mostly worthless sun for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)