Inheritance [Prime Council Elected]

All of this talk about Shaymin-Sky made me realize something: Regular Shaymin can inherit its own movepool… or more specifically, Shaymin-Sky's. And then it can spam Serene Grace Seed Flare. Speaking of that, other Grass-types might appreciate the ability to pick up Shaymin-Sky's movepool, as Serene Grace Seed Flare seems like a very potent wallbreaking tool.

I was going to point out that Aerilate Hyper Voice is actually weaker than Seed Flare, but then remembered that as offensive typings go Flying is far superior to Grass.

More sets to contribute:

Whimsicott (Porygon-Z) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nature Power
- Switcheroo
- U-turn
- Shadow Ball

No, Vacuum Wave is not the only form of special priority. What is exemplified here is a priority STAB Tri Attack coming off of base 135 Special Attack (the highest of any Normal-type). Because Whimsicott's movepool isn't the best, the other moves are: Switcheroo for crippling walls, U-turn for momentum, and Shadow Ball for its best form of offensive coverage.

Lickilicky (Chansey) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Seismic Toss
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic

This is pretty much the best anti-weather set there is. I thought at first that Lickilicky would be a no-go for inheritance due to Cloud Nine's incompatibility with Wish and Seismic Toss (so my initial idea was inheriting from Golduck with Seismic Toss, Rest, Sleep Talk, and Refresh), but then I noticed an important point in the OP:
- You can ignore move and ability illegalities
It takes on Specs Primordial Sea Keldeo pretty well.
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 186-220 (28.9 - 34.2%) -- 3.4% chance to 3HKO

But, it's not a be-all-end-all Keldeo check because of how ill it handles the Mega Launcher variant.
252 SpA Choice Specs Mega Launcher Keldeo Aura Sphere vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 300-354 (46.7 - 55.1%) -- 66.8% chance to 2HKO (guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock)

Pangoro (Garchomp) @ Choice Scarf / whatever
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dual Chop / Dragon Claw / Outrage
- Knock Off / Fire Punch
- Parting Shot

I tried to think of a good Mold Breaker, and I figured I would make the base Pangoro and the inheritor a Ground-type. I picked the fastest Ground-type that actually has a reasonable Attack stat (sorry, Dugtrio, but your base 80 won't be cutting butter), and so Garchomp was the candidate. Earthquake is pretty much its main STAB, being able to hit even things that Levitate. Dragon STAB is a matter of preference; Dual Chop hits through subs, Dragon Claw is the most reliable, and Outrage is powerful but has the drawback of locking Garchomp into the move. Knock Off is Knock Off, but Fire Punch is the only option Chomp gets for 2HKOing Ferrothorn (no worries about Flash Fire). Finally, Parting Shot is another neat perk that Garchomp gets from Pangoro, allowing it to reduce the stats of anything (even Magic Bouncers) and get some nice momentum.

Whimsicott (Porygon-Z) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nature Power
- Switcheroo
- U-turn
- Shadow Ball

No, Vacuum Wave is not the only form of special priority. What is exemplified here is a priority STAB Tri Attack coming off of base 135 Special Attack (the highest of any Normal-type). Because Whimsicott's movepool isn't the best, the other moves are: Switcheroo for crippling walls, U-turn for momentum, and Shadow Ball for its best form of offensive coverage.
That really looks like an awesome set. It just made me think.
Riolu gets prankster + copycat + good coverage, i see mons like terrakion doing good work with a priority hjk.

Kecleon (Marowak) @ Thick Club
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch
- Shadow Sneak
- Recover

The idea here is to revenge kill weakened poke without priority using Fake Out + Sucker Punch or Shadow Sneak for guaranteed damage using its 284 Attack doubled by Thick Club.

I've been messing around a little, and I have two main observations:

1. Volturn is pretty decent. You get great new members like Pinsir-Mega (Genesect) Hippowdon (Gliscor) and this isn't even accounting for one of the best, which is...
2. Illusion is fun af to play with. Your inheritors need to be selected rather well (due to Zoroark's lacklustre coverage options) but I've found that Tyranitar and Gengar both work quite well.

Tyranitar @ Dread Plate
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Low Kick

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Shadow Ball
- U-turn
- Flamethrower
- Grass Knot

Hawlucha @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance / Protect
- Brave Bird
- High Jump Kick
- Baton Pass

This Hawlucha inherits from Blaziken and can now run a reliable Flying STAB move in Brave Bird. It also gains Blaziken's tricks like Speed Boost and Baton Pass.

Pidgeot @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Filler
- Filler

This Pidgeot inherits from Mewtwo and can now spam Hurricane and Focus Blast with it's ability; No Guard. The other 2 slots can be filled with many options from Mewtwo's movepool such as Fire Blast, Blizzard, Thunder, Psystrike, Calm Mind and Recover.

Note: You can also inherit from Dragonite who has both of the moves listed on the set but loses Calm Mind and Psytrike in exchange for a better initial Ability pre-Evolution.

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Thunderbolt
- Filler
- Filler

This Thundurus inherits from Mewtwo and gains a Flying STAB move in exchange for losing Nasty Plot and Agility. The 2 other moves on the set can be anything from Focus Blast, Fire Blast, Ice Beam, Psystrike, Calm Mind and Recover.

Note: You can also inherit from Lugia and gain Multiscale as well as Aeroblast instead of Unnerve and Hurricane. This change causes you to lose the Fire moves and Focus Blast in exchange for Earth Power. Otherwise, it is the same as if you inherited from Mewtwo. Of course you can simply forgo Flying STAB and steal Nidoking's movepool instead (and steal Sheer Force too)

Last edited:
Gensect (pideot) @ pidgeotite
ability download
-ZapCannon
-Blizzard
-techno-blast/giga-Drain/dark-pulse/flame thower
-RockPolish/giga-drain/dark-pulse
would some one explain to me why gensect learns fly?
despite lacking a flying stab to abuse, M-pideot's naturaly high speed and download allow it to function quite well as a late game cleaner
Zap cannon-Nothing will want to switch into you
blizzard-bolt beam is realy good coverage
giga drain recovery
dark-pulse- near perfect coverage
flame thower is for breaking steel/bug steel grass
techno blast is the stronges move availble for pidgeot out side of hyper beam and boom burst- the plus two to special defense can more than make up for it
rock polish turn would be revenge killers into slower than you
u-turn is forgone do to loosing the boost from download
con's- no priority (extreem speed is not good for this one)

Gensect (Glalie) @ Glalitite
Ability: download
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Techno Blast
- Extreme Speed
- Shift Gear
- Thunderbolt
Gensect (Glalie) @ Glalitite
Ability: Download
EVs: 4 SpA / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- return
- Extreme Speed
- Shift Gear
- Thunderbolt

Gensect is such a versitile donor
techno blast the second highest power of any draw backless normal move besides boom burst
extreem speed allows you to get the jump on your enemies
shift gear boosts the power of extreem speed and the speed of gallie

Gensect (Scizor) @ Choice Band/leftovers
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Spe
Naive Nature
- U-turn/shift gear
- Extreme Speed
- Blazekick
- Iron Head

Down load is an epic ability pare that with u-turn and a choice band coming off Scizor's fantastic attack and you have you self one pain full u-turn
+2 252+ Atk Choice Band Scizor U-turn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew(Normal): 376-444 (110.2 - 130.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
extreem speed acts a substitute for bullet punch and hit's much harder if it has the plus two in attack
+2 252+ Atk Choice Band Scizor Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 287-338 (84.1 - 99.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 162-192 (47.5 - 56.3%) -- 82.4% chance to 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Choice Band Scizor Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 287-338 (84.1 - 99.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
blaze kick gives coverage against steels
Iron head has the power to absolutly murder fairies especial after a down load
shift gear lets you demolish every thing

Last edited:
I think landorus deserves a suspect test. Depending on the set it has either flying / fire coverage or flying / ground and it's close to impossible to wall this unless you have something like a levitating regirock.

Edit, he also sometimes run flying / fighting so a levitating regirock won't do much.

I'm not so sure, there are still things like leviblade, slowbro (takes it on iirc, on phone can't calc atm) and a few other things, as well as several offensive checks. I want to let the meta shake out a bit more, personally. Especially with fakespeed being a recent addition to the meta.

Swoobro (Slowbro inheriting from Swoobat) is amazing. First you get simple before you mega evolve, letting you get to +2 SpA and SpD with one calm mind, then you can mega evolve and have an insane defense stat and the inability to be critted. If you aren't worried about status, you can run roost, calm mind, stored power, and a coverage move; If you would rather make people cry, you can run Rest, sleep talk, calm mind, and stored power, and oddly enough this doesn't require support in taking out dark types -- it can stall most out! This thing is basically crocune on steroids and has single handedly swept half the teams I've been against... Also iirc it gets 3hkod by landorus, and ohkos back once it has a few boosts. Gg meta.

Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
- Knock Off
- U-Turn

This inherits from Swoobat. I've been using it as a status spreader and pivot (and, when necessary, a boosted 'mon check) to great effect (okay, I've been using Gyro Ball over Knock Off, but that's only because I'm a bad player). Thunder Wave is helpful as my team tends to the slower side, and this will let me use my non-priority moves more securely, including letting my other 'mons check boosted-up threats. Roost is reliable recovery that compensates for scratch damage and lets me wall things for long periods of time. Knock Off's utility should be obvious. U-Turn lets me pivot after I've done as much as I can (or want) to the opponent, or just let me get safe switches. It does basically go first against most things after Thunder Wave has been activated, but it at least predicts switches. EVs are geared towards physical defense, with speed kept as low as possible to pivot against as many things as possible.

I'm not so sure, there are still things like leviblade, slowbro (takes it on iirc, on phone can't calc atm) and a few other things, as well as several offensive checks. I want to let the meta shake out a bit more, personally. Especially with fakespeed being a recent addition to the meta.
252+ Atk Choice Band Landorus-T Flare Blitz vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Doublade: 170-200 (53.2 - 62.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Landorus-T Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 237-279 (60.1 - 70.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Hell even megabro, 252+ Atk Choice Band Landorus-T Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Slowbro: 165-195 (41.8 - 49.4%) -- 84.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

on another note:

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Shell Smash

Simply amazing, sturdy to set up and then mold breaker to ignore all the annoying unaware / levitate / water absorb makes him a really good cleaner. Knock off has insane power even unboosted and aqua jet is to beat gale wing landorus. This thing always gets me a few kos as long as you don't set up too soon.
Since gyarados has a good bulk you don't even have to rely on sturdy and can just weaken the team through the match and set up at the end.

There's probably a reason why i decided that it was important to outspeed 4ev base 100 but really as long as you're max attack it doesn't matter. 64 speed evs let you outspeed 252+ base 145 i doubt you'll even need to go faster. Make sure to have uneven hp for sr.

Herracross (Terrakion) @ Choice Band/Life Orb/Rock plate/expert belt/muscle band/choice scarf
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat/Arm Thrust
- Rock Blast
- Bullet Seed
- Knock Off/earthquake
Rock blast is the most powerful rock move in the game with skill link- off of stab and a band it really hurts
252+ Atk Choice Band Terrakion Rock Blast (5 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 335-405 (98.2 - 118.7%) -- approx. 93.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Stone Plate Terrakion Rock Blast (5 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 270-320 (79.1 - 93.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Suffice to say nothing that doesn't resist rock wants to be hit by that
Close Combat gives pretty good coverage
Arm thrust is largely inferior to Close combat but doesn't drop deffenses
Bullet seed absolutely murders bulky waters
knock off helps round off coverage and provide utility(only poison/fighting resists)
earthquake rounds off to perfect coverage.
scarf is for late game cleaning

that gyarados is extremely vulnerable to extreme speed

Since we can now ignore move illegalities, Pikachu seems to be a really good Pokemon for physical attackers

Notable physical attacks learned by Pikachu:
Nuzzle
Feint
Wild Charge
Return/Frustration
Fake Out
Volt Tackle
Iron Tail
Icicle Crash
Flying Press
Meteor Mash
Knock Off
Extreme Speed

Pikachu (Weavile) @ Focus Sash / Life Orb
Ability : Lightningrod
EVs: 252 Att / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Extremespeed / Volt Tackle
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Fake Out / Flying Press / Volt Tackle

Pikachu (Kyurem) @ Life Orb
Ability : Static / Lightningrod
EVs: 252 Att / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Extremespeed
- Icicle Crash
- Volt Tackle
- Flying Press / Nuzzle

A few sets I've been messing around with:

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Scald
- Substitute
- Roost

This set inherits from masquerain and does some insane work in this meta, as it can very easily set up/nab a sub and behind a sub lando T won't even think of revenge killing, often grabbing lots of free burns and just able to win the game if unanswered.

Darmanitan @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Trick
- U-turn

Victinitan just v-creates all over everything, dealing massive damage, having bolt strike for keldeo/flash fire switchins and uturn for momentum, even having room for trick to cripple ferro/doublade. Really solid scarfer with a ton of power (140 attack is almost zekrom level power, and it comes with a far stronger stab.)

Victini (Blissey) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Final Gambit
- Trick
- Will-O-Wisp
- Filler / U-turn / Searing Shot / Glaciate

Here's a funny a set. Has three purposes:
1. Criple or Take out foe's lead.
2. Lure a wallbreaker or magic bouncer for cripple or KO
3. Hurt foe's physical attackers

Nothing can survive blisseys final gambit that isnt a ghost type, and generally, nothing will want to switch in on it cause of the scarf trick.
Will-O-Wisp with victory pretty much never misses and its a nice icing on the cake, last slot can be pretty much whatever.
To play this blissey correctly for the reward, you need to really know when to time the final gambit and aim to atleast cripple one mon with the scarf trick.

Shouldn't be too hard to pull off tho as many people will most likely think its furcoat or something similiar for walling purposes.
Even if they know what it is, it will still most likely pay itself off cause its just outright terrifying trying to think "when will it final gambit".

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Akumeoy there is one problem with that set for offensive teams and that is how passive it is. Despite having knock off and u-turn to pivot around, it still is a big time momentum killer in this offensive meta.

Unaware Rhyperior is far superior to Registeel, having recover, toxic, stone edge, and earthquake. Toxic can be filled with whatever move you want although quagsire has a weak movepool. This may look like it loses momentum, but it hits surprisingly hard with stab edgequake coverage off of a high base attack stat. It also has a gigantic application in the current meta, which is completely countering Landorus-T (even the pimps who try to run steel wing)

For now, I propose a ban on Keldeo, which is so hilariously broken its not even funny. pair it with a rhyperior, maybe toss in a pursuit trapper, and you literally beat every team imaginable. The only real counters are water absorb, storm drain, or something of the like, this is due to the fact that desolate lands, which is a great ability, has no reliable recovery and has limited switch-ins against its coverage moves. not only that, but running something like water absorb rotom-h (the only thing thats gonna resist bolt-beam and not be trapped by magnet pull) is both a huge momentum killer, highly situational, highly restrictive, and totally unviable to deal with. Lets also deal with the fact that running a normal keldeo counter, you get absolutely wrecked by the mega launcher variant which runs aura sphere. Rotom-H is the only counter and its about as viable as pikachu outside of countering keldeo, so please lets get keldeo the hell out of here.

Akumeoy there is one problem with that set for offensive teams and that is how passive it is. Despite having knock off and u-turn to pivot around, it still is a big time momentum killer in this offensive meta.

Unaware Rhyperior is far superior to Registeel, having recover, toxic, stone edge, and earthquake. Toxic can be filled with whatever move you want although quagsire has a weak movepool. This may look like it loses momentum, but it hits surprisingly hard with stab edgequake coverage off of a high base attack stat. It also has a gigantic application in the current meta, which is completely countering Landorus-T (even the pimps who try to run steel wing)

For now, I propose a ban on Keldeo, which is so hilariously broken its not even funny. pair it with a rhyperior, maybe toss in a pursuit trapper, and you literally beat every team imaginable. The only real counters are water absorb, storm drain, or something of the like, this is due to the fact that desolate lands, which is a great ability, has no reliable recovery and has limited switch-ins against its coverage moves. not only that, but running something like water absorb rotom-h (the only thing thats gonna resist bolt-beam and not be trapped by magnet pull) is both a huge momentum killer, highly situational, highly restrictive, and totally unviable to deal with. Lets also deal with the fact that running a normal keldeo counter, you get absolutely wrecked by the mega launcher variant which runs aura sphere. Rotom-H is the only counter and its about as viable as pikachu outside of countering keldeo, so please lets get keldeo the hell out of here.

I think keldeo is fine atm. Spdef blobs can beat it, there are several water absorb users that gain momentum coming in on it, and it is quite weak to being revenge killed. I may change my opinion later, but right now I think it's fine.

I never really had any problem with keldeo in this meta. Firstly a lot of mon outspeed and ohko him so it isn't so easy for him to switch in. And there's also a bunch of viable water absorb mon that will not be completely useless outside of countering keldeo like florges inheriting from jellicent or raikou inheriting from lanturn. Not to mention that revenge killing him isn't really hard.
Keldeo for now is fine in this meta.

xJownage Did you realize you can bring hidden ou to this meta? :P

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Waterfall/Rain Dance

Zapdos @ Damp Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Ability: Drizzle
- Scald
- Roar/Calm Mind
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Sadly roost/volt switch are not available with drizzle, and sd isn't in swamperts moveset, but the defensive Crogre set from ubers is solid on zapdos, and you still get great coverage and the ability to self-set rain on chomp.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)