ORAS UU Parks and Reqs: UU Hyper Offense

Hey guys, I made this team back in Terrakion meta when I wanted to use Custap Forre and SD Terrakion, making changes as the meta's grown. I'm fairly close to getting reqs with this team in its current state(hence the name of the RMT), sitting at 2206 COIL at the time I'm writing this.

Frank (Forretress) @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Earthquake
- Explosion

Getting into the team: I stated at the beginning I wanted to use Custap Forretress. The set is fairly standard, Max Hp/Atk with Stealth Rock, Spikes, Earthquake, and Explosion. Stealth Rock is a necessity on any team, Spikes are good in case your opponent misses a Fire Blast or fails to take you into Custap range, and Explosion to get massive damage on whatever does take you into Custap range. The one oddball thing I like to use is Earthquake. Earthquake is literally just for Chandelure and to prevent it from being able to keep up a Substitute. In using this team on the ladder most people set up a sub while i got up rocks, I EQ'd to break their sub while they took me down to Sturdy with Fire Blast, and then I Custap Earthquaked them for the kill. The 8 EVs in Speed is to outspeed opposing Forretresses and blow up before they can spin.

I Was Terrakion (Lucario) @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Ice Punch

Moving on: Life Orb Lucario. This used to be an SD Terrakion(Which explains the nickname), but when Terrakion was banned I changed it to Lucario. This mon is an absolute powerhouse after an SD, having a chance to flat out OHKO defensive Tentacruel after Rocks and Spikes with a resisted Close Combat. Extreme Speed is great priority with spammable potential even before a Swords Dance. Ice Punch is literally just for Gligar. I heard somewhere that if you wanted to be walled by Chandelure you run Ice Punch and if you wanna be walled by Gligar you run Crunch, which is basically true. I felt I had more for Chandelure than I did for Gligar, which is why I have Ice Punch.

Wu Tang (Salamence) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail

Third on the list: When Terrakion dropped, so did this monster. I was originally using a DD set with Lum Berry but I wasn't getting too many chances to set up and I realized I needed a way to beat Mega Beedrill outside of clicking Extreme Speed with Lucario, so I gave it a Choice Scarf. Literally all it needs is a weakened foe to come in on and it has potential to just destroy everything in it's wake. The moveset is standard, though I do run Iron Tail over Fire Blast because I have other things to take on Mega Aggron and Forretress, and Iron Tail 2HKOs Florges, who is kind of a problem for this team. Dragon Claw is the main attacking move, while Outrage is for when you need a little more power and Earthquake for Steel Types that want to switch in.

Bon Scott (Blastoise-Mega) @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse

Here I wanted something to take on bulky steel types like Mega Aggron and the lesser seen though very threatening Doublade. Blastoise is also kind of the only bulk I have on this team and it's more often than not a mon I rely on to come in, take one hit and deal enough damage that Lucario can come in and Extreme Speed or Scarf Mence can come in and Dragon Claw. Moveset is again very standard. Rapid Spin is a necessity on Blastoise, Scald for the burn chance and STAB, and Aura Sphere/Dark Pulse for good neutral coverage.

Soundgarden (Alakazam) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Dazzling Gleam

Sash Alakazam is amazing. It's really good for coming in on an Outraging Salamence, living with sash and then dealing enough damage with Dazzling Gleam for Lucario to click Extreme Speed, or even as just a phenomenal revenge killer. Psyshock is great STAB, Shadow Ball is nice for Chandelure and opposing Alakazam, Energy Ball is for things like Swampert and it's mega, and Dazzling Gleam is for dark types like Hydreigon and Krookodile that want to switch in on the Psyshock. Really nothing new but still very effective.

Nascar Snake (Serperior) @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]

The last pokemon on the team is the Suspect himself, Serperior. Originally this was a Spiritomb because I wanted a spin blocker that wasn't weak to Knock Off, but I decided after this suspect test was announced that I had ways to beat most of the common spinners, and this gives me a way to insta-KO Forretress after an Explosion, as well as a hard counter to Suicune. The moveset is again very standard, though I run Giga Drain over Glare because it extends Serperior's life, and I have other ways to deal with Crobat. Leaf Storm is a necessity and basically a Nasty Plot that does 195 damage after STAB. I've always been against running dragon moves on non dragon types, but Dragon Pulse really is fairly good coverage on a mon that really doesn't get anything else. Hidden Power Fire is obviously for steel types like Mega Aggron and Forretress, but also for things like Amoonguss and Roserade that get 2HKO'd(I think) after a Leaf Storm boost.

I feel like this team is really good, though more than a touch weak to Cresselia, so if anyone has any suggestions on how I could change the team to take it on, or better it in any way then that'd be pretty cool of you.

Importable: http://pastebin.com/987M40bN

Hey man, nice HO team you have, looks really fun to use. I have a couple quick suggestions that'll help out your team's overall effectiveness:
  • Rapid Spin > EQ on Forry. One of the main reasons to use custap forry is that it can help ensure hazards don't make it to your side of the field so Spin is pretty essential to it, making sure that your other mons don't take unnecessary hazards damage.
  • Ice Beam/Dragon Pulse over Aura Sphere/Spin on Stoise. Your team is looking pretty weak to DD Mence atm, having the potential to sweep your entire team after 1 DD if you lose the speed tie with your own mence. It lives a dazzling gleam from Zam and proceeds to wreak havoc. So having one of these 2 coverage moves will really help you out against Mence.
  • You should also consider Max Speed Forretress so that you can get into Custap range easier and outspeed some of the slower hazard setters like Mence, Empoleon, and Donphan so that you can get the jump on them without relying on custap. Lead forry isn't really meant to wall so speed will help out a lot more than HP.
  • I know you said that you don't use Glare on Serp because you have a lot for it, but looking at your team you don't really have a switch in for it period. The only thing that can take 2 BBs on your team is Stoise, but it gets wittled pretty easily so that's a pretty shaky check in itself. So because of this I think Glare Serp would be the most optimal choice for your team.
Hope I helped! Good luck using this team in the future.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)