Other Equilibrium (Battle Spot Balance Team)

Hey everyone, welcome to my first RMT! This is a team that I formed yesterday, which, as stated in the title, is meant for Battle Spot (though it's perfectly viable in VGC). The team was originally centered around Haxorus, but after testing, I have removed him from the team, and thus changed the original title of the thread. I have had respectable success with this team on Showdown. Of course, I'm open to any suggestions for improvement!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Building Process

The team began with Haxorus, a Pokemon that was instantly became one of my favorites when I first saw it.

I needed something to be able to protect Haxorus, and settled upon Mega-Mawile, as it both resists and has super effective STAB against all three of Haxorus' weaknesses. Intimidate is also a great asset in general pre-Mega.

Rotom-W was added as both a Special Attacker, and a Pokemon capable of taking some Special hits. It also serves to cover Mawile's weaknesses, and is a reliable counter to things like Talonflame, Charizard, and Azumarill, that my team fears.

Gliscor serves as a way to cripple opponents' Pokemon via Toxic Orb, and protects Rotom-W from Grass-type attacks and Mawile from Fire-type attacks.

Mienshao and Cacturne were originally added to hit the likes of Chansey and Rotom-W, respectively. However, after a few games, Mienshao was struggling to do much of anything (especially with the highly inaccurate HJK), and Cacturne was damn near useless.

Meinshao was replaced with Scrafty, who effectively took over the Fighting- and Dark-type STAB of his predecessors. Roserade was added specifically to target the likes of Scizor, Ferrothorn and Rotom-W, whose weaknesses couldn't be taken advantage of with the other five members of the team.

After more testing, I felt that Haxorus, despite being the focus of the team, simply couldn't pull his weight. Wanting to keep that slot a Dragon-type, I substituted in Hydreigon, which also gave me another Special Attacker. Scrafty was then removed to avoid having two Dark-types, as well as two 4x weaknesses to Fairy-type attacks. He was replaced with Conkeldurr, who performs Scrafty's job much better.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Synergy

Hydreigon: Immune to
-type moves aimed at Roserade and Conkeldurr and
-type moves aimed at Mega-Mawile; resists
-type moves aimed at Mega-Mawile and Roserade,
-type moves aimed at Gliscor and
-type moves aimed at Rotom-W.

Mega-Mawile: Immune to
-type moves aimed at Haxorus; resists
-type moves aimed at Haxorus and Scrafty,
-type moves aimed at Haxorus, Gliscor and Roserade,
-type moves aimed at Rotom-W,
-type moves aimed at Gliscor, and
-type moves aimed at Scrafty and Roserade.

Rotom-W: Immune to
-type moves aimed at Haxorus, Gliscor and Roserade,
-type moves aimed at Scrafty and Roserade,
moves aimed at Mega-Mawile and Roserade, and
-type moves aimed at Gliscor.

Gliscor: Immune to
-type moves aimed at Mega-Mawile and Scrafty.

Conkeldurr: Doesn't necessarily utilize his resistances to cover the weaknesses of his teammates, as no one on the team is weak to the types he resists, but is a useful member of the team nontheless!

Roserade: Resists
moves aimed at Rotom-W,
-type moves aimed at Scrafty,
-type moves aimed at Mega-Mawile and Scrafty, and
-type moves aimed at Gliscor.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

With that out of the way, let the RMT officially begin!

Nitaria the Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- U-Turn
Hydreigon works much better on the team than his predecessor, Haxorus, did. Choice Scarf, a Timid nature, and fully invested Speed mean the only things he can't outspeed are Deoxys-S and +1 base 97 or Scarfed Pokemon. Fully invested Special Attack means that he hits extremely hard even without Life Orb or Choice Specs due to his base 125 Special Attack. Draco Meteor puts an incredible dent in anything that doesn't resist it, if not OHKO'ing it outright. Dark Pulse provides a good chance for flinch, as well as secondary STAB. Flamethrower gives him coverage against Bug- and Steel-types (especially the likes of Scizor), which would otherwise not care about his attacks. U-Turn provides momentum in certain instances, though being Scarfed makes that slightly difficult.

Fionna the Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Protect
Mega-Mawile is possibly the best bodyguard in the game for Hydreigon, or basically any Dragon-type in general. Intimidate lets her switch in on average physical attackers and cut their Attack. Her relatively good natural physical Defense, as well as fully invested HP, means she has very little to fear from most physical attackers. Fully invested Attack and an Adamant nature, on top of the Huge Power boost, means she hits almost everything that comes her way for some serious damage. Play Rough and Iron Head are for STAB. Sucker Punch lets it "outspeed" certain Pokemon, frequently finishing off weakened opponents. Protect lets it stall Poisoned opponents, as well as cause crash damage from any HJK that come her way.

Skorpio the Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Fling
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
Gliscor can freely switch in on any EQs aimed at Mega-Mawile. Toxic Orb activates Poison Heal for passive recovery, and can then be put on the opponent via Fling. This helps against Pokemon that I can't hit for super effective damage, as without cleric support, poison will wear them down. After losing Toxic Orb, Acrobatics doubles in power, which nothing that's weak to Flying-type moves wants to get hit by. EQ is there for secondary STAB and to hit the likes of Heatran and Electric-types for massive damage. Roost, in combination with Poison Heal, works to keep Gliscor at full health as often as possible.

Kenmore the Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 44 SpD / 212 SpA
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect
Rotom-W can switch in with relative impunity on basically any super effective move on the previous three Pokemon, as he resists or is immune to basically all of them. He functions as a Tank on the team, with fully invested HP and slightly invested Special Defense. The rest is dumped into Special Attack with a Modest nature to maximize his damage output. Thunderbolt and Hydro Pump are hard hitting STAB moves, though Hydro Pump's accuracy leaves something to be desired. Will-O-Wisp cripples physical attackers, cutting their attack and getting passive damage every turn. Protect helps to stall burns and poisonings, as well as get some Lefties recovery.

Rudolph the Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Poison Jab
Similarly to Hydreigon, Conkeldurr does everything Scrafty did, but better. Almost completely invested Special Defense and Assault Vest patch up his rather mediocre base Special Defense. Fully invested Attack and an Adamant nature let him hit as hard as possible, especially due to the fact he can only use attacking moves due to Assault Vest. Drain Punch provides STAB and reliable recovery, while Mach Punch also provides STAB and lets him bypass his low speed, helping him clean up damaged opponents. Ice Punch And Poison Jab are for general coverage and get an Iron First boost, but are open to change.

Ramorosa the Roserade @ Black Sludge
Ability: Natural Cure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 SpA
Calm Nature
- Protect
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain

Roserade is the final member of the team, and is meant to hit certain Pokemon for relatively good damage, specifically Scizor, Ferrothorn, and Rotom-W, which I otherwise would have to hit for neutral or resisted. HP Fire hits the first two quite hard due to their 4x weakness to Fire-type moves. Sludge Bomb is STAB that hits Fairy-types that threaten Hydreigon and Grass-types that threaten Rotom-W. Giga Drain, in conjunction with Black Sludge, keeps Roserade's health high. Protect, once again, helps stall status ailments, and guarantees some Black Sludge recovery. Natural Cure lets Roserade get rid of any status ailments after switching out. The EV spread and nature gives him some considerable special bulk, with the remainder being put into Special Attack.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Threat List

Mega-Blaziken
This guy is probably the biggest threat to my team right now. Half of my team doesn't want to switch into his STAB attacks, Rotom-W gets OHKO'd by HJK after taking SR damage, and Conkeldurr's only viable attacking option against him is Drain Punch. Gliscor winds up being my only semi-reliable way to get rid of him:

0 Atk Gliscor Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Blaziken: 132-156 (84.6 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Mega Blaziken Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 56+ Def Gliscor: 94-112 (51.6 - 61.5%) -- 64.8% chance to 2HKO after Poison Heal

While this seems good for Gliscor, if Gliscor switches into a Flare Blitz aimed at Mega-Mawile or Roserade, he only has a 35.2% chance of surviving the next turn; if he takes SR damage on top of this, it's a guaranteed 2HKO against him.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So that's my team! I'm sure there's still things I could change. For example, Conkeldurr's last two moves, or shifting Roserade to a dedicated Special Attacker. Feel free to leave any suggestions for moveset, EV, or even Pokemon changes, I'm open to all constructive criticism! Also, I encourage anyone to point out any other threats to my team, so far there only seems to be one from my experience, though I'm sure there are more.

Last edited:

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What tier is this for, and why is mawile level 50 when all the others are level 100?

Generally for Battle Spot (though could also be played in VGC), but probably Battle Spot more than anything, hence the "Other" tag. I've specified it in the title now. And in regards to Mawile being Lv. 50; I just forgot to get rid of it on the post (which I have now done.)

Last edited:
Pretty impressive team. I prefer Venusaur over Roserade though because he can take more abuse; a Bullet Punch from Scizor can still take a nice chunk off of Roserade (especially when he SD on switch)

While I see where you're coming from with that, Venusaur also doesn't hit as hard as Roserade, and is generally at his best either Mega Evolved or under Sun, neither of which happens on this team (with Mawile taking the Mega slot, and it not being a Sun Team, especially since that hinders Mawile greatly).

While I see where you're coming from with that, Venusaur also doesn't hit as hard as Roserade, and is generally at his best either Mega Evolved or under Sun, neither of which happens on this team (with Mawile taking the Mega slot, and it not being a Sun Team, especially since that hinders Mawile greatly).
That makes sense, they perform very similarly so it's not a big difference. Also, how come you gave Conkeldurr Guts over Iron Fist, is it just to ruin the effects of burn?

Partially, though from my testing he's only been statused once, so I think I might try Iron Fist since I'm pretty sure it boosts the power of his whole moveset.

I've added a Threat List to the OP, as I seem to have a Mega-Blaziken problem which is detailed now in the OP. Not sure of any other threats to the team yet (there's some annoying ones to face, like Sitrus Berry/Belly Drum/Drain Punch Slurpuff, but if I have Mega-Mawile, I can deal with it), but if anyone can point out any threats, and how to deal with them, I'm open to suggestions!

Also, it'd be awesome if someone was able to make a banner for this haha.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)