ORAS OU "If you run, you won't see me stab you" - OU Aggro M-Lopunny Team

~Introduction
Hello everyone, i'm Techno c:
First of all, my english is really bad, then, any grammatical correction is welcome. Second, that's my first RMT ever, so take it easy on me.
I love this team, and i get 15XX elo in the OU ladder with it before the last reset. I've made up some changes since them, and i think it's more improved than ever now. I made it around M-Lopunny, and focusing on her extremely overrated assassination power. It's extremely aggro, but i tried to keep it balanced enough to handle stall threats. I still have many threats that i can't easily handle by now, such as MegaGross and mirror match Lopunny, but they can't cripple my entire team, and i hope you guys help me to fix up these flaws without changing the concept nor the aggressive play style of the team. Anyway, i'm open to any suggestions.

--------------------------------------------~~~----------------------------------------
~Team Building Process

I started with Rotom-Wash and Lopunny <3 as my Mega. At the currently moment, the team has a weakness against bulky psychic Pokémon (specially Slow-ritardando-bro), while bulky steel types that can coverup fighting weakness were also a problem. I was wondering if Zapdos wouldn't be great here, but i concluded that he would only put more flaws on my team. Lopunny is a great revenge killer and also a great ghost hunter that can hit hard anything on her way due to her ability, but Talonflame still a great trouble for me. Therefore, Rotom-W can take care of this bravebirding trouble, easily switching-in and checking it. And yes, i know that Conkeldurr can be a huge problem by now with guts, assault vest and mach punch set, but don't worry. I can handle it.

Then i added Latias for a simple reason: she's a suicide support that can bring one Pokémon that was already out of the game back to the match with 100% HP and free of any volatile status conditions. Despite of Healing Wish being an "one shot" move since Latias sacrifices her own life to bring back another Pokémon to the game, it's really better than a continuous support like Chansey or Clefable in an aggro team because she keeps momentum with her powerful Draco Meteor + Healing Wish combo, gives me one free switch that i would be normally taking the risk of getting OHKOed in a switch when passing a wish, and furthermore, Latias have a wonderful offensive potential, and that's all i need here. Also, she can take care of Conkeldurr if he don't get her with a knock off in the switch-on and she can 1vs1 a mirror match Lopunny without getting bursted by ice punch when healthy, and OHKOing her with Psyshock, or even forcing a good switch which. Despite of my team don't suffer very much with SR, Latias helps me getting over Sticky Web and Spikes with Defog which is also a great thing.

For the next slot i wanted something that could take care of fairies, the weather trio and add some coverage and hybrid damage power to my team. That ice barrier dragon seemed perfect to me. His absurd 170 base physical ATK, nice defenses for a sweeper and solid 120 base SPATK makes him the perfect candidate for this slot. I already tried to run double STAB (Ice Beam and Dragon Claw / Outrage), but Earth Power gave me better results for the coverage than DClaw and Outrage did. In THIS case, Coverage > Power. With this, he can take care of any Rotom formes, Gengar, Heatran, and many other levitating Pokémon. He also hard hit Skarmory, Talonflame and Tornadus, OHKOing them many times with Fusion Bolt. He can take care of Clefable, Altaria, Sylveon and Togekiss OHKOing or 2KOing all of them depending on what EV spread they are using with Iron Head, and in return, they lose in speed and can't OHKO him even with stabbed pixilated Hyper Voice. Therefore, fairies normally don't stand a chance against him. He can do massive damage if get any of these fairies in a switch-in, many times OHKOing then, and that's really nice. He also can take care of Landorus-T, since intimidate does not affect his ice beams power, forcing a switch many times or even OHKOing it. For now, he's showing great results.

Then i saw that the team was very weak to Breloom, Amoonguss and bulky sleep powder / spore users in general who could easily handle Lopunny, Rotom and Kyurem very easily, being Latias my only solution, which can be neutralizated immediately by taking a spore while switching-in. Also, i needed something to break some walls and stop some leads of setting hazzards, spore, baton passing and things like that, such as Smeargle, Scolipede, hazarding Skarmory and Ferrothorn usually do. Then, i remembered of Gengar great stallbreaking power and awesome defensive coverage alongside with Lopunny, taking care of many Fighting type and Fairy type Pokémon such as Breloom, Altaria and physically defensive Clefable. For me, it fit perfectly here.

~
~

At last but not least, i needed something to take care of Pokémon that relies 100% on their held item, such as Chansey and that could also take care of fairies and bulky psychic types without problem. I also needed some priority move with consistent dmg here, and Bisharp seemed to be the best choice for me. Bisharp provides coverage and more consistent offensive power to my team without making it more fragile than it already is. He's also awesome against scarfed Lando-T due to his Defiant ability, which is great for me and for my team.

--------------------------------------------~~~----------------------------------------

~The Team

~
~

Katarina (Lopunny) (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Ice Punch
- Fake Out

~ The Pokémon ->

Since i first saw M-Lopunny, i simply fell in love. Nice stats, godly speed, and the power of hard hitting anything on her way, even ghosts, is really great (and she's also very cute :33). She's an awesome assassin, and can also easily handle some annoying things such as M-Sableye, Froslass, and many other stall / suicidelead Pokémon, specially the ghost type ones. She's the core of the team, so, everything in this team is basically around taking care of her checks, and covering up everything that she can't take care of.

~ The Moveset ->
  • High Jump Kick: That's Lopunny powerfullest move, and main way of hardhitting anything on her way. It's also her main STAB, and deal tons of DMG even when it's not very effective. It's very reckless and must be used carefully, because it's a double-edged sword. If you miss it or hits a protect (or any variant of protect), it will hurt you severely, taking 50% of your max HP. Then, you must know with what you are dealing, and if is there any risk of missing or hitting a protect variant while using this move. Predict is essential.
  • Return: That's the second main STAB that Lopunny haves, and it's your safest way of dealing consistent stabbed damage. If you don't know what you are dealing with, Return is the safest way of dealing tons of damage. It's also your main way of hitting any fighting-resistant Pokémon, ohkoing any glasscannon Pokémon with those types, which HJK usually would not do.
  • Ice Punch: That's your main way of hitting flying and ground types, specially Gliscor and Landorus, 2KOing them everytime, even after taking an intimidate. It also provides some nice damage against grass types, such as Breloom when caught on a switch.
  • Fake Out: Fake Out is a great move, since it does remove Multiscale, Focus Sash, Sturdy, keeps the momentum up, finish many fast Pokémon that survived with very little HP acting as an awesome revenge killing move and gives you a free turn to receive these huge boosts that Mega Evolution provides to Lopunny. Fake Out isn't reliable damage, but is an awesome and indispensable move here IMO.
~ The EV spread and the nature ->​

Maxing out speed and ATK is basic for any Pokémon that relies only on it offensive potential. And about the polemic Adamant nature: i've already tried many spreads, movesets and natures, and this one is what i feel that's right. Since Lopunny isn't a good Pokémon to setup, and her speed is high enough to outspeed everything that she needs to outspeed and can outspeed, i think Adamant nature provides all the offensive power that she needs. After all, any Pokémon that is a threat for Lopunny, such as scarfed Staraptor and Talonflame, will always outspeed her or "outprioritize" (does this word even exist?), undepending of Jolly nature, then, i saw no point in using it. Therefore, i found Adamant nature much better in this case.

~
~

Tideroid-V (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 214 Def / 44 Spe
IVs: 0 ATK
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

~ The Pokémon ->

Nice bulk, and despite of being a tank, it does have great offensive base power. It can be very, very annoying against other aggro teams that relies on using more physical sweepers than special sweepers. He's my main way to take care of any annoying bravebirding thing by totally checking them. Leftovers is obviously the best item choice here, since it keeps Rotom healthy for many turns and provides sustain for him. He also can take care of Slowbro for a few turns too, and deal some consistent damage to any water, fire, rock, ground and flying types, sometimes OHKOing them. He fits perfectly here IMO. Basically, his mission here is to cripple any physical attacker, specially the bravebirding ones.

~ The Moveset ->
  • Hydro Pump: That's Rotom-W main STAB attack, and works extremely well with Volt Switch. It nails Ground types such as Excadrill and Landorus, that Rotom-W is often called upon to check. It's also great against the Talon-bravebirding thing-flame, OHKOing it very often.
  • Volt Switch: That's Rotom second main STAB, and makes an awesome duet with Hydro Pump, providing some coverage and even more pressure against Bravebirding things (omg, you guys don't know how much i hate those things). It also helps to keep momentum. Since i don't have other bulky Pokémon besides Latias to combo with this, i've been cogitating to put Discharge here, but for now i'll stay with V-Switch.
  • Will-o-Wisp: It's my main way to cripple any physical sweeper that can be a threat. The fact of halving any physical damage that the enemy can deal and do some true damage every single turn is great. It can basically neutralize the leftovers recovering eff, and crush almost any single Pokémon that relies on it's physical attack power. It's also my ace in the hole against the MegaGross huge threat.
  • Pain Split: Despite the cure that leftovers provide to Rotom being great, Pain Split in a more safe and instantly way of healing great amounts of HP if you're red and taking huge amounts of you opponent max HP, depending on what target you're using it. It's awesome, and provides more sustain for Rotom than it already haves.
~ The EV spread and the nature ->

I have maxed out HP and to take up to 3 Zen Headbutts from MegaGross before i hit W-o-W, and i put 44 EVs in spe to outspeed any Azumarill set and get to burn it. With this spread, i can take care of almost any physical sweeper in the entire standard. I think it's the best spread it can have. The bold Nature provides a nice multiplier for Rotom's defense, which is obviously the best choice here.

~
~

Lyla (Latias) @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 186 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Defog

~ The Pokémon ->

Latias have an awesome bulk due to her base stats, nice speed and awesome SpA. She's the best defogger in the entire standard for the moment IMO, but that's not the main reason why i put her here. Her great power, and the fact of she being capable of fully healing a partner while keeping the momentum is simply awesome. Since that's an aggro team, i don't have much turns to spent with Chansey and Clefable elaborating a way to pass a wish to Lopunny for ex. Latias can do it instantly, and despite of sacrificing herself to use Healing Wish, i don't take any damage on the switching-in. She also can deal with Keldeo and Conkeldurr, which is awesome.

~ The Moveset ->
  • Draco Meteor: Latias main STAB move. Awesome damage, hard hit anything that takes it, except by fairies. She can also combo the fact that het SPATK fells a lot after using that with sacrificing herself to heal an ally and keep the momentum up. The, i can bring Lopunny and easily finish it.
  • Psyshock: Latias secondary STAB move. Reliable damage, and her main way of hitting fairies and special walls.
  • Healing Wish: The main reason of why Latias is here. It brings a Pokémon that's almost dead back to the game, and keeps the momentum up. Simply awesome, and everything an aggro team needs to keep it sustained.
  • Defog: My main way of getting free from SR, Sticky Web or any other kind of hazzards. It's awesome, and it also lowers foe's evasion.

The EV spread is focused on maxing out Latias speed to outspeed many things as possible, and the little HP investment makes Latias able to take a few hits, while 186 SPATK investment to deal more damage as possible.

~
~

Brionac of The Ice Barrier (Kyurem-Black) @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 58 SpA / 200 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Iron Head
- Fusion Bolt

~ The Pokémon ->

Kyurem-B is my main way of putting pressure in the forces of nature trio. Life orb is the best choice here, since it multiplies Kyurem huge hybrid attacking potential by 1,3x with the low cost of 1/10 of his max HP every turn. His SpA base stat is strong enough to make his Ice Beam very solid and consistent, even with only 58 EVs investment. Therefore, Lando-T intimidate will not be enough to stop him, forcing Lando-T to switch or suicide. He can also take care of many flying Pokémon, specially the bravebirding ones (I KNOW, MY MISSION IN TO KILL ALL THE BRAVE-TALONFLAME-BIRDS IN THE WORLD). He can also severely hurt Heatran and Rotom, 2KOing both of them with E Power. His awesome Mold Breaker variant, the Teravolt, make all the levitating Pokémon susceptible to take ground-type move hits. Also, his base stat bulkyness is awesome. Without any investment, i can take up to 2 super eff moves in a row, and then, instakill the foe with those huge 170 base attack power.

~ The Moveset ->
  • Earth Power: Mainly way of hitting steel and electric types.
  • Ice Beam: Kyurem-B main special STAB. OHKOes many threats, such as Gliscor, Landorus, and deal some solid damage even when the damage is neutral.
  • Iron Head: Kyurem's main way of hitting fairies rock types, OHKOing many of them, and sometimes 2KOing all of them.
  • Fusion Bolt: Kyurem ace in the hole against flying, water and bravebirding types. Deal some consistent DMG to any bulky Pokémon that takes a super eff hit, even to M-Slowbro.

This EV spread focuses on amplying max as possible Kyurem hybrid offensive power, while keeping him fast enough to outspeed any Pokémon that have inferior speed tier. Also, Naughty nature makes Kyurem capable of being an fantastic hybrid attacker without hurting his damage dealing potential.

~
~

Etheric Amon (Gengar) (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

~ The Pokémon ->

Gengar is an awesome Stallbreaker and can be very hard to deal with. Life Orb is obviously the best choice here, maxmizing Gengar's damage cap while maintaning the ability of switching moves. He can easily handle of fairies like Clefable, Togekiss and Altaria that normally would be huge problem for me. He can also break totally suicide leads and take care of some walls such as Ferrothorn.

~ The Moveset ->

• Shadow Ball: That's Gengar main STAB move, and deal some solid damage even when it's not very eff.
  • Sludge Wave: Gengar's second STAB, and main way of killing many fairies without failing, such as M-Altaria.
  • Focus Blast: Geng's main way of hitting steel and dark types. Deal some awesome damage to Ferrothorn.
  • Taunt: My main way to stop stallers and suicide leads.

This EV spread focus on maxing out Gengar speed and damage output. The timid nature is basically to make him fast enough to outspeed anything that's possible.

~
~

Dual Blade (Bisharp) (M) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

~ The Pokémon -> He's my main way to cripple any Pokémon that depends 100% on their held item, such as Eviolite users like Chansey and Porygon2. He's also my second way to kill fairies and my main way to kill bulky ice types without failing, and he have an awesome advantage against scarfed Lando-T, which is a huge threat for this team. He can also take care of bulky psychic types, which is awesome. If he get an opportunity window, he can solo an entire team 100% alone. Black Glasses are awesome, since they multiplies the max power of dark type moves without damaging the user, and it's the best choice here.

~ The Moveset ->
  • Sucker Punch: Bisharp main STAB move, and my only priority move in the entire team. since Bisharp does not have a great speed, it's mandatory for him. It also haves a great and solid base damage.
  • Knock Off: My main way of taking care of eviolite users, and other Pokémon that strongly depends on their held item. Deals some nice damage, even when it's not very eff, and the fact of knocking off foe's held item is always awesome.
  • Iron Head: Bisharp second main STAB move. It does OHKO many fairies in the meta, and it's my main way to kill them.
  • Swords Dance: It doubles Bisharp ATK, and when used with Defiant ability, can be pretty much of a check mate.

This EV spread focus on maxing out Bisharp attack potential and make possible for him to outspeed any Pokémon on the same speed tier than him. The adamant nature max out Bisharp's damage output.

~Notable Matchup List

Hard Matchups:

Mega Lopunny (mirrormatch): My team have a notable weakness to my own Mega, being Latias and Rotom the only ones who can stop a foe Lopunny.

~

MegaGross: The worst match up for this team. It's really hard to stop this thing, and normally i lose 2 or 3 Pokémon only to kill him. Usually i need to scout the set and see how much he can do against me, and if Rotom can get over him.
~

Mega Charizard Y: It's a very hard matchup, since he basically resists to almost all of my sweepers and can OHKO all of them back.

~

Excadrill: That's one of the hardest. Since my team relies on the Levitate ability to cover up the ground weakness, Mold Breaker can pretty much rekt the entire team. Sand Rush set is also a problem.

~

Mega Manectric: This matchup can be very annoying, but if i get to put Bisharp in front of Manec without taking a Overheat in the face, it can be fairly easy.

~

Mega Swampert: In the rain is simply impossible to outspeed him. My only way to stop him is actually Rotom, and if he dies before taking Swampert out of the match, it's pretty much a surrender case.

~

Mega Sceptile: It is one of the hardest matchups here since it can handle alone the entire team without many problems. The only way that you can get to stop him is by checking him with Gengar without getting hit on the switch in.

~

Conkeldurr: He's really hard to get over, being Latias my only way to finish him effectively.

Normal Matchups (equal to equal):

Mega Beedrill: The queen B can be very annoying, since you can't outspeed her with any Pokémon in this team, and the only way to finish her normally is by suckerpunching her in the face. If Bisharp dies before taking her out, she can be a big problem.

~

Breloom: He can be EXTREMELY annoying on both SubsPunch and Technician movesets, but you can stop him without losing much with both Gengar and Latias.

~

Clefable: Can be a great problem if both Bisharp and Gengar dies before killing her, but as long as i have Bisharp up and healthy, she will need to think twice before getting on the field.

~

Keldeo: He can be really annoying with his subs + cm set, but both Latias and Rotom-W can take care of him without taking much damage.

~

Mega Gardevoir: Gardevoir can't resist Lopunny's fake out + return combo, but can be a troublemaker if i can't check her.

~

Mega Gallade: As long M-Gallade have a pretty decent bulk, i can't ohko him very easily, getting up to a few turns to lure, trap and kill him.

~

Garchomp / Mega Garchomp: With Yache Berry or defensive rocky helmet, this thing can be a pain in the ass. I can't OHKO him with Lopunny's ice punch, and he can easily kill me with a EQ after SR and rocky helmet + rough skin dmg. I need to be careful with this match up. And while in the sandstorm on his mega form, it can be very complicated to get over too, but not impossible with Rotom help.

~

Mega Scizor: It's more a "who punchs first" match up, but isn't really hard since Rotom can cripple him. His mega defensive set can take a few HJK without being severely hurt.

~

Mega Slowbro: That's more a predict match up. I can check him easily with Gengar and Rotom a few times, but if he setup 2x calm mind without being hurt, it can be REALLY hard to get over, almost impossible.

~

Pinsir: Lopunny can't get over him, but all of her teammates can, specially Rotom. Not a big problem, but you may be careful with letting him setup SD freely.

~

Mega Venusaur: Complicated to get over, it's up to how much Gengar can do 1vs1 him.

~

Mega Diancie: Normally she's pretty easy, but when running a subs set you'll need to sacrifice 1 or 2 Pokémon to get over her. Usually when running this set she also runs a suicide lead that can get her 1 free turn to mega evolve and use the subs safely.

~

Charizard X: He can't outspeed Lopunny, and take some hard hits from both HJK and Return. Also, he have a hard time against Rotom and Latias. He isn't really any kind of great threat, only if you let him setup 2 or 3 times.

~

Landorus-Therian: Ohhh, the annoying lead Landorus Therian... He can stop Lopunny for a few turns, but even if Lopunny is intimidated, he can be OHKOed or 2KOed by her ice punch. Anyway, you also have Rotom to help on stopping him.

~

Heatran: You must scout his set to discover if he's running a Scarf, a physically defensive or a specially defensive variant before HJKicking him. It can be very bad to get stalled or lose 50% of your HP due to attacking recklessly, cuz Heatran carry protect 40% of time. But, anyway, he can't do really much against the rest of your team, except to Bisharp and to Kyu-B when running an offensive scarfed set.

Easy Matchups:

Mega Sableye: Very easy matchup. You can fake out him to prevent him of will-o-wisping Lopunny, and then OHKO him with HJK. He can't do very much against Lopunny. It's pretty much up to how much his teammates can handle her.

~

Mega Altaria: She can't do very much against you since your team is hardly prepared to combat fairies.

~

Mega Pidgeot: You can outspeed him and kill him very easily. It's not a problem.

~

Mega Sharpedo: He can't OHKO you, but you can OHKO him with Lopunny, and he can't get over Rotom. Actually very easy.

~

Mega Gyarados: Unless you let him setup up to 2 times, it's not a problem. Normal Gyarados is very, very easy to get over too.

~

Mega Absol: He can't 1vs1 any of your Pokémon, and it's very glasscannon. Therefore, he can't do very much against you.

~

Mega Ampharos: It isn't any kind of threat, only if you let Masquerain or a variant of special batonpasser setup and pass the boosts safely to her. Even if that happens, you still being able to stop her without losing more than 1 Pokémon.

~

Annoying bravebirding thing: This team is hardly prepared to deal with this thing movesets and variants. It's no big problem, not even if you let it setup.

~

Mega Abomasnow: Easy matchup, he can't do very much against any of these Pokémon.

Importable:
Katarina (Lopunny) (F) @ Lopunnite
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Ice Punch
- Fake Out

Tideroid V (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
IVs: 0 Atk
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpA
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Brionac (Kyurem-Black) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 58 SpA / 200 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Iron Head
- Fusion Bolt

Dual Blade (Bisharp) (M) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Etheric Amon (Gengar) (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Lyla (Latias) @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 186 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Defog

I have already tried...

I have already tried Roserade instead of Gengar for the Grass, Poison and Fire coverage and to hard check both Breloom and Amoonguss, but Gengar fits really better since he can use taunt effectively.

I have already tried Magnezone to get over Scizor and Skarmory easily, but it only worsened my ground weakness.

I also tried bulky bravebird thing as a stallbreaker, but it didn't worked very well in this comp, since it's extremely aggro.

Also tried scarf and bulky leftovers Lando-T, but it didn't fit well.

Also tried Heatran, but it was only making my team ground-type weakness worse.

I've already tried Earth Plate Landorus. It really didn't work on this team. Bisharp provides pressure in fairies, and a nice solid priority move. I'll keep Bisharp for now.

I have already tried Rotom with 44 Spe. I didn't seen any difference at all, but i'll keep it. It's situational, but can be very helpful x maxed speed Azumarill.

I have already tried fully offensive Latias, but 72 HP Latias really outclass fully offensive Latias. I'll keep the 72 HP / 186 SpA / 252 Spe Latias spread for now.

I have already tried Freeze-dry Mamoswine in place of Kyu-B, but Kyu showed better results and better coverage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Replays

I just started laddering after the suspect test today, therefore my elo is really low for now (1400) and i don't have many replays, but in a few days i think i'll be in 16XX elo if i keep playing regularly. I hope i get some more interesting match up replays in the next few days.

Anyway, here's the first one:

Mega Lopunny OU Aggro Team x M-Metagross Standard Team

Link: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-214504703

(That replay was recorded after changing Rotom-W and Latias EV spreads. [Thanks to Celticpride, Sparkl3y and DracoNinja suggestions!] Other changes may be coming soon.)

Notes: When Sableye burned Lopu, i already predicted he was going to do that and i preferred to sacrifice Latias lately to heal Lopu than missing a chance to kill Sableye. I also predicted he was going to switch out Conkell for MegaGross to tank the psyshock hit, then i preferred to defog and then sacrifice Latias to keep the momentum and heal Lopunny. I predicted almost everything. The only 2 things i couldn't predict were the switch from Latias to Sableye when he could Draco Meteor Rotom in the face, and the 252 Spe timid Heatran. That Heatran really got me.

Mega Lopunny OU Aggro Team x M-Venusaur Standard Team

A classic example of how's the matchup x M-Venu. I needed to scout him to know his EV Spread, and stall him for a few turns before killing him. It's a little bit harder if M-Venu is on a team better prepared to face both Lopunny and Gengar. In this case, it wasn't so hard.

Notes: I first tried to outspeed his Landorus-T (turn 2) to know if he was running a Earth Plate set, a scarfed set or the bulky leftovers one. Fortunately, he was running the easier to deal with. During the beginning of turn 4 i overpredicted his switch, which was an awesome move and pretty much a checkmate. Without Heatran, he couldn't handle both Bisharp and Latias anymore. During turn 10 i thought that keep Rotom healthy for a few more turns was better for me to handle Landorus, and i wasn't wrong. If i dracometeored his Rotom, i would only make things easier for him, killing my Latias without many benefits. Therefore, i chose to heal Rotom, and that was the best thing to do, since both Kyurem and Gengar could handle his Rotom easily later. During the last 3 turns, i wasn't caring about keeping Lopunny alive anymore, because the game was already won. I was only trying to do more damage as possible and finish Venusaur.

Link: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-214831552

Mega Lopunny OU Aggro Team x M-Beedrill Balanced Team

Despite of being a short battle, it had more than necessary to show how is the matchup x Queen Bee. Beedrill can be very annoying, and the fact that i can't outspeed her with any of my Pokémon is very bad. But anyway, i could overpredict every single of his moves, which is awesome. Therefore, he couldn't do much against me, resulting in a ragequited forfeit.

Link: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-214930544

~~-----------------------x-----------------------~~

Well, that's it! I hope you guys help me correcting the gramatical mistakes i did, and fixing my team weaknesses. I'm open to any kind of tip or critic that could improve the team. Thanks for the attention <3

Last edited:
You mentioned that you tried Landorus-Therian, which set have you tried? I think an Earth Plate Adamant set would be a great Rock setter for your team, as it checks Mega Lopunny (barring Ice Punch) and Mega Metagross fairly well (again, barring Ice Punch). That set is notable for its ability to get Rocks down on Mega Sableye, aka Earthquake 2HKOs Mega Sableye with good rolls. It also has the benefit of a really strong STAB Earthquake, that's never a bad thing. I'd go from Bisharp to Landorus-T. You could also throw Knock Off on that set to retain utility, and U-Turn forms a VoltTurn core with Rotom-W.

Minor EV stuff, Rotom-W should run 44 Speed EVs to burn Belly Drum Azumarill. Tank AquaJet, burn Azu, and then it's a lot easier to handle. Latias should creep more into bulk. 72 HP EVs is considered the standard. That's because it allows her to beat Thundurus, Landorus, and Charizard-Y reliably.

Outside of that, some of your threats aren't really threats imo. Mega Manectric and Charizard-Y are checked hard by Latias, and Swampert is hard checked by Rotom-W. You could say you are weak to those threats if your checks go down, but you also happen to be carrying some of strongest checks to them out there, so I wouldn't consider it a bad match-up or anything.

Landorus-Therian @ Earth Plate
EVs: 244 Atk / 16 Def / 248 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge / Knock Off
- U-Turn
- Stealth Rock

-----

Lyla (Latias) @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Defog

Tideroid-V (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 44 SpA
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Pent

dumb broad
"Worsened your Ground Weakness"
You said when Mentioning Magnezone. Dude, you have 3 Levitators! Same with Heatran, I don't see where this "Ground Weakness" is.

I agree with Celtic Prides suggestions as I was about to suggest them myself, but then he ninja'd me.
Wasn't Spooder Man banned? I'll look at that later.

Now, this may sound kinda odd, but Try Power-Up-Punch Mega Lopunny with Drain Punch > Ice Punch. This makes your Lopunny even more powerful with Recovery as back up. PuP Mega Lopunny has been amazing from my experience, and I think you should try it out.

Black Glasses Sharp really shouldn't have SD. Try Low Kick or Pursuit.
Also, don't forget to run Jolly.

Last, but not least, run an EV Spread of 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe on Latias.

Hope it helps!

Thank you guys for the feedback c:

When i say about the ground weakness, i'm referring specially to Excadrill, who's the biggest threat for this team besides MegaGross, and it's extremely common. And MegaGross still up.

I'll try the 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe Latias, thanks for the suggestion guys! c:

I'll also try the Earth Plate Lando-T, i hope this one works. I've already tried the Leftovers bulky Lando-T and the scarfed ones, but none of these worked.

PuP Lopunny seems funny, i'll try it too, but i still think that ice punch coverage ir mandatory. But i'll never know if it's good or not if i don't try it, right?

And the BG Bish with SD have won many games for me, i don't know if it's really that bad. But i'll try one with Low Kick.

About the threats i listed, i said that they're big threats because if Latias get OHKOed before i get over Zard Y for ex, or Rotom get finished before i get over Swampert, it's almost impossible to stop them.

I can't try them at this very moment, but i'll do it later.

And thank you again <3 I'm still looking for more tips and critics, don't be afraid of posting your opinion!

Last edited:
hello this is a very nice team you have here, although i believe i can make it better :)

firstly, as highlighted by yourself, you do have quite a glaring weakness to mmetagross and msceptile. mdiancie also seems to be a fairly problematic pokemon too, especially if it runs protect since your mlopunny will take 50% recoil if it goes for hjk on the protect. to remedy this weakness, i would suggest running a specially defensive jirachi over bisharp. your team lacks a stealth rock user, which is honestly essential for every team. jirachi can provide stealth rock support while also providing paralysis support, something which mlopunny and LO gengar absolutely love.

i find that this team would honestly appreciate roost latias a lot more because it needs latias' durability to help beat threats such as zard y/keldeo. being the glue of the team, you definitely need it roost for it to stick around for a long time. however, if zard y/keldeo is paired up with a pursuit trapper such as ttar/bisharp, you are in a lot of trouble because you lose the only check to those threats. hence i would suggest running reflect type latias over your current set. reflect type latias still has the typing to beat zard y and keldeo, and yet reflect type gives latias an opportunity to escape from being pursuit-trapped and give a free switch-in into mlopunny and start dismantling opposing offense teams.

rotom-w should also run 44 speed evs to prevent azumarill from outrunning it.

sets:

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 228 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Iron Head
- U-turn

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 180 HP / 136 SpA / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Reflect Type
- Roost
- Psyshock

good luck with your laddering endeavours!

hello this is a very nice team you have here, although i believe i can make it better :)

firstly, as highlighted by yourself, you do have quite a glaring weakness to mmetagross and msceptile. mdiancie also seems to be a fairly problematic pokemon too, especially if it runs protect since your mlopunny will take 50% recoil if it goes for hjk on the protect. to remedy this weakness, i would suggest running a specially defensive jirachi over bisharp. your team lacks a stealth rock user, which is honestly essential for every team. jirachi can provide stealth rock support while also providing paralysis support, something which mlopunny and LO gengar absolutely love.

i find that this team would honestly appreciate roost latias a lot more because it needs latias' durability to help beat threats such as zard y/keldeo. being the glue of the team, you definitely need it roost for it to stick around for a long time. however, if zard y/keldeo is paired up with a pursuit trapper such as ttar/bisharp, you are in a lot of trouble because you lose the only check to those threats. hence i would suggest running reflect type latias over your current set. reflect type latias still has the typing to beat zard y and keldeo, and yet reflect type gives latias an opportunity to escape from being pursuit-trapped and give a free switch-in into mlopunny and start dismantling opposing offense teams.

rotom-w should also run 44 speed evs to prevent azumarill from outrunning it.

sets:

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 228 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Iron Head
- U-turn

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 180 HP / 136 SpA / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Reflect Type
- Roost
- Psyshock

good luck with your laddering endeavours!
Hello!

Thank you for the suggestions c:

I'll try the Jirachi set u suggest, it's interesting.

I think that Latias moveset would be nice for a balanced team, but this team is extremely aggro. Picking a defensive Reflect Type Latias would change dramaticaly the playing style, and i don't want that :c but i'll try in other teams, reflect type Latias sounds very interesting!

I've never seen an Azumarill that invests in speed, but if everyone says that's better, i'll try it too c:

And thank you! Gl laddering u 2!

Last edited:
scarf is needed on cailou to beat mega scep and revenge kill mega gyarados since your team does lose to it once lopp is weakened and also I would take off iron head seeing as you have bisharp and gengar for fairies and also instead of head you can run dragon claw or outrage to wallbreak for bisharp. Also instead of adamant lopunny you might wanna change it to jolly since it outspeeds adamant mega gyara at +1 and encore over ice punch could beat set up sweepers like scizor and volcarona that set up on loppuny seeing as they ussualy run bulky variants.
Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 32 SpA / 224 Spe
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Frustration
- Encore

scarf is needed on cailou to beat mega scep and revenge kill mega gyarados since your team does lose to it once lopp is weakened and also I would take off iron head seeing as you have bisharp and gengar for fairies and also instead of head you can run dragon claw or outrage to wallbreak for bisharp. Also instead of adamant lopunny you might wanna change it to jolly since it outspeeds adamant mega gyara at +1 and encore over ice punch could beat set up sweepers like scizor and volcarona that set up on loppuny seeing as they ussualy run bulky variants.
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Frustration
- Encore
Thank you for the suggestions! I'll try the scarfed Kyu-B. I've already explained about the adamant nature on Lopunny thing, then, i'm not going to change it since i can handle Gya with Rotom and Kyu. The fact of having the chance to switch between moves is really great with Kyu-B, but i think you made a valid point with the argument about scarfed Kyu-B being able to beat M-Scep, which is a huge threat for me by now. And about the encore over Ice Punch: Ice Punch is a coverage that i MUST have on Lopunny, even if Kyu already have a powerful stabbed ice beam. Also, Gengar can handle Volcarona and Rotom can handle Scizor very easily. Ice Punch keeps pressure among Gliscor and the Forces of Nature trio. But i'll certainly try the scarfed Kyu. Thank you again!

Last edited:
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Frustration
- Encore
Adamant on Lopunny is fine. Most Mega Gyara run Jolly nowadays so that's more or less irrelevant.

Scarf Kyurem-B is not a good Mega Sceptile check. It is a check in the sense that it can switch-in on one move and force it out, but on standard Sub 3 Attacks Sceptile it really can't switch in on Dragon Pulse, Focus Blast or Sub or it stands a chance to get OHKOed. That's also assuming that Kyurem-B is at full health, but where Scarf Kyu-B can't use Roost that's not realistic. Slapping a Scarf on something that can only come in on 1 move at all and calling it a check really isn't constructive teambuilding.

Also, LO Kyurem-B, either physical or special, is one of the best Lopunny partners out there. I don't know why you would want to take away a hilariously good balance breaker that has great synergy with Lopunny to turn it into a shaky check for something.

I think that your rotom shoulnt have defensive spreead, rather an offensive spread or maybe with a scarf is better. Also try to put a rock setter I think it can help you grab kos or 2hkos.Taht would also really help you alot vs talonflame

Last edited:
I think that your rotom shoulnt have defensive spreead, rather an offensive spread or maybe with a scarf is better. Also try to put a rock setter I think it can help you grab kos or 2hkos.Taht would also really help you alot vs talonflame
The bulkytom already put sume pressure on Talonflame, i don't need SR. And Rotom is my ONLY bulky Pokémon in the entire team, i need him the way he already is for consistency. But thank you for the suggestions anyway!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)