ORAS OU Mega Burrito's Cholo Squad! [Peak 2700+ COIL]

Amazing team, dude! Had a lot of fun trying it out. Definitely recommend Healing Wish on Latias over roost/recover; it's often seen as a sort of HO choice but it happens to work quite well here, with Slowbro, Hippo and Volc all benefiting greatly from the free switch/second chance. MegaBurrito in particular is a patient setup sweeper who likes to check things early game and is totally boned by status--prime Healing Wish recipient. I also second the above suggestions to try AV Bisharp; while not the most optimal set in the world (anyone would want to run LO/Black Glasses and speed), this particular team reeeeally struggles with the latis and your current (rather inefficient imo) spread puts you in a million 50/50s where you'd rather just get off the guaranteed pursuit. AVest and enough bulk to survive double draco from LO Latios should suffice.

Finally, I'd honestly consider Scarf Kyu-B. Your matchup vs stall is fairly sound between crobro and Volc (who pretty much insta-wins on its own) and although it damages your balance matchup a bit, Scarf Kyu-B offers a nice buffer against offensive teams while still maintaining some wallbreaking efficacy. It may prove itself deadweight in many games, but at a certain point you're honestly just stacked against defensive teams. All that aside, it also has a decent surprise factor and (when running Iron Head, since your Bisharp doesn't) gives you a decent Fairy killer in clutch situations.
Healing wish is a good option on latias, but I personally prefer roost for the extra survivability. I'm not sure about scarf kyu-b tho, it requires a ton of prediction, and isn't as strong as the lo set. (Unless you are comparing physical scarf vs special lo) Thanks for the rate brah!

Patolegend!

Fan of 1000 Arrow 'Slash
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey dude, been trying out the team on the ladder and it appears to have a pretty good match-up against most types of playstyles. One change I did make though, and would suggest, is Iron Head over Pursuit, because otherwise Unaware Clef with a free turn sweeps the whole team - only Kyube can hit it really hard, and it gets KO'd by Moonblast. It sets up for free on Volc, Hippo, and Bish (without Iron Head). I'm seeing a lot more of it now to handle CroBro and other set-up sweepers. If you don't get the burn, it's a nightmare to play against.

As a side note, Pursuit isn't that necessary for the team, as the Lati's can be dealt with by Slowbro, Hippo, and Volc to varying degrees.

Hey dude, been trying out the team on the ladder and it appears to have a pretty good match-up against most types of playstyles. One change I did make though, and would suggest, is Iron Head over Pursuit, because otherwise Unaware Clef with a free turn sweeps the whole team - only Kyube can hit it really hard, and it gets KO'd by Moonblast. It sets up for free on Volc, Hippo, and Bish (without Iron Head). I'm seeing a lot more of it now to handle CroBro and other set-up sweepers. If you don't get the burn, it's a nightmare to play against.

As a side note, Pursuit isn't that necessary for the team, as the Lati's can be dealt with by Slowbro, Hippo, and Volc to varying degrees.
Yeah, I realized that also. I will update the rmt, thanks for the rate! n_n

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Healing Wish>Recover on Latias because it allows you to give Volcarona a second chance to sweep and can rejuvenate your win condition(s) if need be. I'll look more in depth later, but this is the main thing that I noticed. I understand that you like the surviveability, but Volcarona and Kyurem-B are both rocks weak and you can give them a ton of health taken by rocks back after you defog with HW and it generally is a lot better for your team.

Last edited:
Healing Wish>Recover on Latias because it allows you to give Volcarona a second chance to sweep and can rejuvenate your win condition(s) if need be. I'll look more in depth later, but this is the main thing that I noticed. I understand that you like the surviveability, but Volcarona and Kyurem-B are both rocks weak and you can give them a ton of health taken by rocks back after you defog with HW and it generally is a lot better for your team.
Yeah, healing wish is definitely a good option for keeping setup sweepers in the game. However, it doesn't give latias much survivability herself, and she really needs to stay around to support and check shit. I will slash roost with healing wish though, thanks for the rate g!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)