Mafia vs Village Flavourful Mafia - Game Over - Evil Wins!

hahahahahahahahahahaha

smogon mafia confirmed players > roles

village was stupidly strong (as expected lol...) and still managed to throw

i think the rogue should be rewarded for staying alive until endgame but whatever i don't feel at all bad losing considering the people running the village

Something funny to me is that it never occurred to village that maf might actually have a mole. Anyways, gg!
Lol Haunted Diamond, it occurred to us. And we did mention that Spiffy could be a mole. But we blindly trusted Von in the middle stages and then the remaining folks trusted Spiffy at the end stages.

It just worked out for you guys, but well played by Von and Spiffy!

Grates Scums! ;_;

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Walrein having the vanillas vote each other instead of Cowbell/Pokeguy was the exact same plan except it also checked Spiffy for being a mole (like literally it won in every case the plan implemented won in along with the case of Spiffy being a mole), I'm surprised you didn't notice this.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Just posting to say that I thought Spiffy was mole the whole game. You don't have to believe me, but it was so fucking obvious that there was a mole. The town had a miller for one thing, which heavily implies that there was a mole, since it makes sense to not have one or the other but rather both, and Spiffy played like so much scum thrughout the game. The only problem was the lack of people to talk to on the village. IDR everyone I told, but I know that I told zorbees that Spiffy was likely scum when he subbed in despite being "cleaned".

Also figured out von was scum, but apparently my case wasn't good enough or something, so no one believed me.

Honestly I wouldn't say that mole was overpowered in this setup, but that's just because it is so powerful that no other one role could have made a mafia win viable looking at how underpowered it was to begin with when compared to the town. Agree with what zorbees said on disliking the role in general; it's too RNG-swingy for my liking.

Walrein having the vanillas vote each other instead of Cowbell/Pokeguy was the exact same plan except it also checked Spiffy for being a mole (like literally it won in every case the plan implemented won in along with the case of Spiffy being a mole), I'm surprised you didn't notice this.
Yeah, I'm surprised you guys didn't try to get the vanillas checked throughout the game. Was it like too inconvenient or did you not want to out the power roles or something?

Definitely not my best game; I was inactive throughout and honestly didn't pay too much attention to the game, so sorry about that.

Also, shamelessly plugging here: I'm thinking about setting up an NOC game (for the first time in almost a year in Circus Maximus!), but I dunno if people would play. If people are interested I think I'll be able to host (though I will need someone to help me balance all the roles, this would be my second time hosting).

Wow Celever for knowing that von and I were the last scum the whole game you sure vigged a lot of villagers and allowed a lot of mislynches!!!

Maybe you couldn't get von lynched not because the village sucked but because he simply outplayed you?

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Wow Celever for knowing that von and I were the last scum the whole game you sure vigged a lot of villagers and allowed a lot of mislynches!!!

Maybe you couldn't get von lynched not because the village sucked but because he simply outplayed you?
I think you're letting this "win" get to your head too much LMAO.

Believe what you want to believe, Spiffy, doesn't affect me.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
I think you're letting this "win" get to your head too much LMAO.

Believe what you want to believe, Spiffy, doesn't affect me.
salty much LMAO

but like I said, I lost interest in this game when I found out I'd been thrown out of the loop...maybe if the village had kept me in it, I wouldn't have tracked Celever and done something better!!!

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Alright this has to stop lol

I meant it when I said Spiffy and von made a ton of mistakes but this was not meant to imply that they ONLY made mistakes or did not deserve to win. On the contrary they absolutely 100% outplayed the villagers in the latter stages of the game and definitely deserved to win. They also made quite a few good plays and played much better than the vast majority of players in this game.

Congratulations on your win and I hope that everyone (including von/Spiffy) can take something away from this game and learn from it.

Just posting to say that I thought Spiffy was mole the whole game. You don't have to believe me, but it was so fucking obvious that there was a mole. The town had a miller for one thing, which heavily implies that there was a mole, since it makes sense to not have one or the other but rather both, and Spiffy played like so much scum thrughout the game. The only problem was the lack of people to talk to on the village. IDR everyone I told, but I know that I told zorbees that Spiffy was likely scum when he subbed in despite being "cleaned".

Also figured out von was scum, but apparently my case wasn't good enough or something, so no one believed me.

Honestly I wouldn't say that mole was overpowered in this setup, but that's just because it is so powerful that no other one role could have made a mafia win viable looking at how underpowered it was to begin with when compared to the town. Agree with what zorbees said on disliking the role in general; it's too RNG-swingy for my liking.
if you knew he was scum the entire game why didn't you shoot him

i don't have the most informed opinion on who was the leading the village, but i am just perplexed as to how with so many info roles there were so many unclean villagers

in any case, the village played badly at the end, but the mafia i think did a really good job exploiting that considering how far behind they were.

I agree that...
1.) mole is very OP (but literally the ONLY way we could have possibly won with this unbalanced setup)
2.) I made several scummy plays/mistakes itg

For example, my plan to split the votes between Deinosaur and More Cowbell was going to backfire because all of the ACTUAL Soldiers of Gondors were voting for Deino which would have caused a tie which would have outed me as mole. This lead to my extremely awkward "jk let's just vote Deinosaur outright for no reason instead of doing the superior plan I just outlined before this" post which I was certain at least Walrein would call me out on lmao

However, I don't think von really made any mistakes. The one questionable move we made while he was alive imo was choosing to lynch Ullar despite knowing Pokeyguy was decoying. But keep in mind that the player base still alive at that point consisted of players that had basically followed our lead since we gained control. It ended up working out in our favor so I wouldn't necessarily call that a "bad" move.

Btw I despise the concept of Soldiers of Gondors because they were essentially mayors in the endgame. We couldn't have killed them all off earlier because all of the village power roles would have just fucked us over later on. Our chances at victory depended entirely on whether the mole was inspected which was really annoying and unfair to both factions.

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
i lost us this game by being idle the night before i died. spiffy was way too eager to get sheet the night he talked to me and i knew only 1 of the inspectors was legit but i was idle and didnt get to talk to von for his result. if he got clear on millky i knew he was guilty because there is no way in hell we have 2 alliance related roles in a game with no wolves. but i was idle and i feel super guilty for that sorry village but you fucked up by not lynching von and by lynching 5 terrible lynches. i can understand lynching someone like generalspoon or someone unconfirmed like maybe walrein after a von flip, but seriousbananas was obvious town from the watch result, ullar was obvious town (he fucking outed a mafia and confirmed his role multiple times and way playing super towny), pokeguy was town (he proved his role, no one lies about that role, and that role is never mafia aligned). ugh while i feel bad you guys should have won anyway even with the mole.

celever you fucking knew who to shoot and didnt do it im so mad. ok not really that mad i still <3 you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)