Tournament SPLC Semifinals

Shrug

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
LCPL Champion
as team shittiest member i'll say despite us not winning it, we did quite well considering we were supposed to win 0 games, and it was cool to play with everyone on the team. Ray Jay thanks for managing, hope you stay around but that prolly wont happen. gg tmnt good luck in the finals, nobody on any team use webs please take me as a cautionary tale

GG TMNT and good luck in the finals. I'd like to thank my teammates for a great year and an awesome run. It's a shame we couldn't go all the way, but credit to TMNT. I'd like to especially thank Ray Jay for giving me the chance to play, even when I was a complete nobody. It was a pleasure playing in my first LC tournament here and I'll be sure to stick around and get better at ORAS LC! :]

Nineage

Pugnacious.
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Ok let's do this.
Good season this year dynamos I loved you all. Too bad we didn't win but I think we did as well as anyone expected. Kumiho, you are a fucking dpp lord whatever your record ended up saying. The Quasar, I loved your bw playing and teambuilding. Shrug, sticky webs are bad. Also thanks for teambuilding help. majaspic22, we didn't talk much but you were super enthusiastic even when not playing. DatCoconut, you suck. tazz, great oras playing fren. Cheek Pouch, thanks for building like every team I used. Ray Jay great manager, great season.

Lord Minds I'm putting your shout out apart from the other ones because your new name is so bad :)

Marry me Aerow

Edit: oh yeah gl tmnt FLCL is good at tangma

Last edited:

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
grats tynamos for getting to the semis. think it says a lot about the massive solid playerbase we have developed in the lc community that even undrafted players can do really well in the tournament. you're all solid players, it was a shame to see a lot of you go undrafted, but unfortunately there just wasn't room. either that, or it says a lot about Goddess Briyella's drafting ability...

also vmd opponent, but no reply yet

Well I still mad as fuck for Losing and still want to destroy someone, chimpact havent replied yet, so please a sub

PS: Sorry guys I hate to lose

edit:contacting Lasagne

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi all, quick concession post now that the Tynamos suffered their fateful loss on this day:

I was super done with Pokemon when I started managing this team... I blatantly had no intention of coming back, and even was unsure if I wouldn't get manager due to my huge inactivity. I was fortunate enough to be chosen by prem and the other managers due to their belief in my intentions to make LC a better tier through raising up a solid playerbase. I hope what we've done as the Dynamos slightly contributes to that!

This team was absolutely awesome, and from the first time we met as a team, I knew they were something special. Players like Nineage, tazz, and Lord Minds are some of the most inventive, observant, and dedicated players I have ever seen cross LC, and their work throughout really made me proud. I was astonished at simply how happy they were to even be chosen, and I think as an LC community, it shows we need to do more to make sure all of our playerbase feels included. Even weeks these guys didn't play, they were super supportive team players, willing to help the team develop and grow even when I wasn't around towards a few of the middle weeks as much as I would've liked.

I took a couple of risks going into this tournament, including majaspic22 and #thelord Kumiho - and I could not be happier about these two choices. These guys really illustrate to me the solid talent that lies untapped in LC, and although majas didn't play a whole ton for our team, his constant availability and positive attitude coupled with a good sense of humor made him a real joy to be around. Kumiho was I think the big surprise of the tournament, proving himself to be the big DPP LC name I thought he might be, and despite a few tough losses, I think he really has cemented himself right up there with the DPP LC greats.

Starmaster's departure was unfortunate, and I wish him all the best. If you're out there buddy let me know :(

Cheek Pouch, DatCoconut, and The Quasar were an incredible advising team for me and I'm really glad to have picked them up as the three veterans I did, one with managing experience, and the other two with a lot of forum and metagame experience along with knowing me personally. I was thrilled to watch their investment of the team grow, and having a few senior members like this is something I would recommend for any future "scrub" manager. Invaluable in identifying key matchups and bringing home wins with a promising degree of reliability, these players are the type I called on when I needed someone to not crack under pressure. I think our pretty awesome performance illustrates we did that pretty well :)

And Shrug, well, you ARE the master of PR. Your trash talk made it all worth it, I might even say. I'm sorry we couldn't fit you into more games, but I loved having you on the team the whole way. Thanks for all the help you put in testing, don't worry, it didn't go unnoticed :)

And finally, on a more sentimental note, I'd like to advocate against calling any of these guys "scrubs" or even future teams the "scrub team," because they've clearly illustrated that's not what they are. Dark Horses, Uncertainties, or DRAFT SURVIVORS, maybe, but scrubs... certainly not.

Thanks team. You've made a true memory for me in my Smogon heart, and I hope I've done the same for you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)