Gen 6 Simple Questions, Simple Answers (XY Ubers Edition - read before posting a thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would a dual screens set fare on Klefki?

Compared to Deoxys-S, it offers more defensive synergy and team support (like Prankster T-Wave is still really good in checking stuff like Xern), and has a larger chance to set up more than once due to a much better defensive typing. When compared to Deoxys-S, its main downside is the lack of Taunt and Stealth Rock. But Thunder Wave is a pretty good discouragement against a lot of common Defoggers, including Lati@s, Gira-O and even Arceus forms. And there are SR setters that can maintain offensive pressure (like Pdon, surprise!) to accompany it.

we need a BL0/BL-1
I've seen this proposed before, and I believe that the problem with that idea is that there just aren't enough mons to really justify this. Assuming that the tier consisted of any Uber that was banned from OU, you'd pretty much end up with an overcentralized version of OU. Now, the tier would either have to use the Ubers mindset of "Battle of the Best of the Best" or the OU mindset of trying to have a non-centralized metagame. If you use the OU mindset, then you're just going to end up with another OU.

If you use the Ubers mindset, then you're dealing with a tier whose boss mons are pretty limited compared to Ubers: MegaMence, MegaBlaze, MegaGar, MegaKhan, MegaLuke, MegaMaw, Genesect, Aegislash, Greninja, and Deos S, D and N. This seems like a lot, but in terms of power not all of the megas are really equal, so you would most likely only see Mega Mence, MegaGar, and MegaKhan for the most part, thus leaving you with a small pool of new toys that aren't already usable in OU. If you try and take out the quick-banned ones to diversify the number of Megas used, then you're dealing with a very small pool of boss monsters. You'd basically end up with a tier whose player base consists of players who don't like Ubers, don't care about overcentralization, and want to use the mons we banned in OU in conjunction with OU mons, which is not a large enough player base to really justify this.

Was soft resetting for a Jolly Rayquaza and wound up with the Syncronizer not working. However, received a beneficial nature in Adamant with the following IV's: 31/31/31/25/29/31

Looking through the dex and most competitive sets say Swords Dance > Dragon Dance with a jolly nature. Being rayquaza has an adamant nature, build a set with Dragon Dance instead?

Nearly all regular Rayquaza sets are Adamant natured. Without adamant, SD sets miss out on the ability to OHKO either latis with Extremespeed, and DD sets miss out on a crucial OHKO on max HP arceus formes after SR with Dragon Ascent. The power difference is very noticeable and giving ray the ability to power through some mons that would otherwise stop it (bulky latias can survive jolly ES then draco SD sets, while arceus can burn or revenge kill DD sets if jolly) is huge. that ray is perfectly fine, and can be used for either sd or dd. i think the stuff currently on the site is aimed at Mega Rayquaza (rip) or they are the old XY analyses (which were made back when scarf users were a thing hence jolly DD), but we have a regular ray analysis almost done for ORAS you can check out.

I know this is a bit of an odd questions but, why are some people Ubers? I mean, is there some kind of "If your attack and speed are excess of [insert numbers here] you go to Ubers" general rule? I can understand why people like Palkia and Kyogre are Ubers due to their raw damage output, but why people like Lugia or Giratina?

I know this is a bit of an odd questions but, why are some people Ubers? I mean, is there some kind of "If your attack and speed are excess of [insert numbers here] you go to Ubers" general rule? I can understand why people like Palkia and Kyogre are Ubers due to their raw damage output, but why people like Lugia or Giratina?
There is such a thing as having too much bulk. It's rarely seen in OU, but stuff like Lugia and Giratina are incredibly bulky by OU standards, and the number of mons that can break them is quite low. It would undoubtedly make the game incredibly overcentralizing by forcing anyone running an offensive team to carry multiple wall breakers just to try and break stuff like Giratina.

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but in both ubers and AG... Why is Wide Lens not a good item for Darkrai? The main reason it's used is Dark Void; if Doubles is any indication, it would be UU without it. Missing with DV is both semi frequent and crippling when it happens, since Darkrai doesn't have the bulk to make sure it gets off another one. Why wouldn't you want to halve the chances of that happening?

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but in both ubers and AG... Why is Wide Lens not a good item for Darkrai? The main reason it's used is Dark Void; if Doubles is any indication, it would be UU without it. Missing with DV is both semi frequent and crippling when it happens, since Darkrai doesn't have the bulk to make sure it gets off another one. Why wouldn't you want to halve the chances of that happening?
Honestly 80% is not that bad. It's high enough that no opponent's going to assume it'll miss and high enough that you should still hit a reasonable number of times. You'd be better off with a Life Orb so you can still do some damage after Dark Void goes off.

Also, Doubles viability =/= Singles viability. There are a lot of mons that destroy in singles that are bad in doubles simply because they can't take 2 hits nor do they have any good spread moves.

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
The main reason for this is that Darkrai is good because of what it can do on the 1 free turn it gets by putting something to sleep: Nasty Plot and Sub. Both of these prefer Leftovers, or Life Orb to capitalise on the free turn. At +2 with a Life Orb held, not much likes to switch-in on the right attack, and that's the scary aspect of Darkrai.

ps: seems ive been ninja'd but i haven't refreshed the page :/

Why isn't M-Khan seen more often in Ubers? Even before M-salamence, I didn't see that many.

Also, this question has probably been beaten to the ground, but M-khan answers?

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Why isn't M-Khan seen more often in Ubers? Even before M-salamence, I didn't see that many.

Also, this question has probably been beaten to the ground, but M-khan answers?
I haven't really gotten the impression that Kanga is seen too little, but that's just me so idk. Ghosts with Wisp are a good answer because Kanga doesn't have that much room to run Crunch.

Simple question
why aint primal groudon suspect tested?
Ubers may be a tier, but it still maintains the core philosophy of being the tier with as few restrictions as possible. Primal Groudon is versatile and on almost every team, but as far as I know it's not so powerful that it reduces games to "whoever sets up Primal Groudon first wins" unlike Mega Rayquaza. Basically, if the Ubers meta is still reasonably creative and competitive then Primal Groudon's not getting suspected no matter how borked it is.

So I have seen the aeroforry combination and I was curious about it.

Why are they good in Ubers (if they are) and what are the sets they run?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)