ORAS OU Littlelucario's Nasty Pass Team

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Hey guys, littlelucario here and I'm bringing you guys a team that I've been working on lately. It revolves around Celebi getting a nasty plot (and/or a sub) up and passing it to Gardevoir or one of my other sweepers to destroy the opponent. This team was originally inspired around me using a Heatran and Lando core that I have been using lately and building around it. After I started to build, the celetran core that I made immediately after LandoTran caused me to use nastypass Celebi and build a team around it, but the team has gone through a ton of revisions and I'm really proud of it. Enjoy!

Teambuilding Process

I started off with these two because they compliment each other very well and are generally great teammates as well as 4x resisting the move that the other member of the core is 4x weak to.

Next, I decided to add Celebi as this core was weak to water types and Celebi forms a great core with Heatran and has great synnergy with both members of the core and it can pass nasty plots off to Heatran late game to clean up teams.

I decided to add Keldeo as a special attacker for Celebi to pass to and is such a good mon in general that I thought it had good merits on my team as well as eliminating some of the biggest checks to the two members of the core.

Next, I decided that I wanted a mon that could form a volturn core with Lando-T and could kill the physical attackers that Lando-T intimidated.

For the last mon, I noticed that I lacked a mega and a strong fairy or dragon type mon, so I added special Mega Altaria to revive boosts from Rotom-W and bulk hits for the team.

Since Altaria is banned in many OU tournaments, I decided to swap it out for Gardevoir. After further testing, Gardevoir happened to be better on this team than Altaria, so I made the change official and it has worked out great.

After a lot of testing, I noticed that this team didn't have nearly as much physical attacking presence as it needed, especially in this meta. I replaced Keldeo over Rotom-W because Rotom-W synergizes better with the core than Keldeo and forms a volturn core with Lando.

I added back Keldeo because Mur22 pointed out that it makes my team way less Bisharp weak and is a great nastypass recipient.

Then, I tried using specially defensive mamo and bisharp to handle a lot of mons that threaten my team a ton.

After that, my man scotti gave me a great rate and told me to change up a few of the sets and swap out Bisharp and Azumarill for Scizor and Keldeo respectively.

The Squad at a Glance:

The Squad In-Depth

Celebi @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Def / 108 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Baton Pass
- Earth Power/Recover
- Giga Drain
Celebi is a really nice Pokemon that can Pass of to powerful members that can sweep away teams and even do some decent damage itself. Nasty Plot is an excellent setup move that allows Celebi to boost its special attack to terrifying levels. Giga Drain is a nice STAB move that Celebi can use to take down opponents with a strong STAB and heals back HP that it loses throughout the match. Baton Pass allows Celebi to pass its boosts off to teammates to sweep and allows it to escape pursuit trap Bisharp. Earth power allows Celebi to kill Bisharp, Heatran, and Metagross with the current set. Bisharp is targeted specifically because it would otherwise steamroll the team. The speed EVs help Celebi outspeed max speed Bisharp, and the defense EVs make it answer Mega Metagross a lot better.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Pursuit / Knock Off / Bug Bite / Whatever
Scizor is a great member of the team and can blow through teams with its pure physical firepower and amazing technician-boosted STAB moves. Bullet Punch is an excellent priority move that Scizor can use to pick off weakened threats and dent sweepers on the other team that is boosted by technician. Superpower is a great move that allows Scizor to take down the steel types that resist bullter punch. U-turn is an excellent move that lets Scizor function as a slow pivot, which is important for getting my sweepers in safely. The last move slot is basically whichever coverage move that you think the team needs more or prefer and Scizor can kill some very different stuff based on what you choose, but note that this team prefers the ability to pursuit trap. The EVs help Scizor also do a ton of damage while still maintaining a decent amount of bulk.

Heatran @ Shuca Berry / Air Balloon / Power Herb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 12 SpD / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Stone Edge / Rock Slide
- Taunt
- Flash Cannon / Earth Power / Solarbeam
Heatran is one of the most important members of this team and it can flat out break certain mons if it is played right. Magma Storm is a nice STAB move with a really cool trapping side-effect, and it can let Heatran remove walls that the rest of the team cannot deal with as well. The next slot depends on what you prefer in a rock move, rock slide is more accurate, but stone edge has a more power. Taunt helps Heatran shut down stalling or wall mons and has a ton of utility in battle. The other slot depends on what coverage move you want to use and what you prefer. You can run shuca berry or air balloon to function as a one-time ground check. Shuca berry is more reliable because it lets you always take a ground hit and can't get popped. You can also opt for power herb+solarbeam if you want to lure in and kill water types. The speed EVs help Heatran outspeed a ton of threats and strike them before they can think with a ton of attacking power.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge / Crunch
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
Earthquake is an excellent STAB move that can do reliable damage and is a super spammable move if you can eliminate flying types on the opposing team. Stone Edge is a great move that hits most of the tier neutrally when it is paired with earthquake, and it helps make me a little less weak to Talonflame and Gyarados. You can opt for crunch over stone edge if you want to cover Lati@s and Gengar better, but stone edge is usually better for this set specifically. Slack Off is a brilliant move that allows Hippowdon to heal off a ton of HP and keeps him healthy throughout the match. Stealth Rock is the obligatory entry hazard and it can wear down a ton of powerful top-tier threats like Volcarona and Talonflame.

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf / Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power Electric / Icy Wind
This Keldeo set is an amazing sweeper that can destroy teams after receiving a Baton Pass from Celebi. Hydro Pump is a powerful sweeping STAB move that can be used to kill bulkier threats. The much more spammable STAB move considering the 100% accuracy and the 30% burn chance that it provides, which is huge in deciding a fair amount of games. Secret Sword is a great special Fighting Type STAB move that can be used to take down specially bulky threats and such. The last moveslot is based on whatever coverage move your team needs. HP Electric helps Keldeo becoome a great gyarados check and can stop potential sweeps from it. Icy wind is an alternative option to hit dragons better and slow down those pesky base 110+ mons.

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 232 SpA / 24 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
Gardevoir here is the main sweeper on the team, and is just a great mon in general. She can blow through teams that are weakened or even sturdy teams if it can get a nasty plot passed over from Celebi. Taunt can disable a ton of mons that can give this team some trouble like Chansey as well as having a ton of utility uses. Pixilate-boosted Hyper Voice hits like a truck and 2HKOs virtually every mon in the tier that does not resist it. Psyshock is a brilliant psychic STAB move that can take down the special walls that can take repeated hyper voices (not many at all) as well as being nice STAB. The last slot is Focus Blast, which is Gardevoir's only way of taking down steel types and provides significantly better coverage overall than basically all of Gardevoir's other options. The defense EVs stop Garde from getting 2HKO'd by Latios' psyshock and fire back a hyper voice.

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower
An alternative option for a nastypass-recipient as a mega is Mega Manectric. Mega Manectric is a great option over Gardevoir because of its blazing speed tier, ability to beat birdspam, and ability to beat offense. Volt Switch allows Manectric to function as an amazing offensive pivot, and it forms a monstrous volturn core with Scizor.

Current Importable:
Celebi @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 172 Spe
Bold Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Baton Pass
- Earth Power
- Giga Drain

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Hydro Pump

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Pursuit

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
EVs: 24 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 252 SpA / 12 SpD / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Stone Edge
- Taunt
- Flash Cannon

Threatlist:
Hazards: I have no means of hazard removal on the team and the damage can rack up super quickly. I have to apply offensive pressure early game to stop these from being set up on my team.
This guy can flat 6-0 my team mega and nonmega at +1 if Keldeo has its scarf knocked off, so I need to be really careful with keldeo and not let him set up. This is further compounded by the fact that intimidate and the fact that he can set up easily on either one of the physical attackers of my team with ease.
This monster can run through my team if my physical tanks are taken down and I just have to make sure that the Pokemon that can take its attacks are as healthy as possible while it is alive. I have a couple answers to Lopunny, but I have to scout out the set so that it doesn't flip my answer on its head.

Taking suggestions for a new threatlist!

Last edited:

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
What do the Eva do for the pokes and teams like colour berry Celebi and the Speed evs on rotom

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
-Taunt

Th Evs allows it to take 2 Psyshocks from Latios and still be able to KO things epically with modest even with a few Evs from attack gone

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
-Taunt

The Dec Eva allows hardcover to take 2 Psyshocks from Latios and still be able to KO things epically with modest even with a few Eva from attack gone
thx dude ill add it

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
Also I'm guessing Earthpower is for heatran I'll replace it with recover for longevity since you already hve 4 other pokes who can beat it

Mur

If you're not first you're last
Hey littlelucario nice team i actually like the build a lot! Small nitpicks though. First you have no defogger or spinner so that can be a problem if the opponent stacks hazards on you. Change the evs on Mgarde to 24def/232spatk/252speed as it allows you to avoid the 2hko from latios's psyshock(i got ninja'd on this one). You can also try modest>timid on garde but that is up to personal preference. Despite the celebi set you also appear to be a little bisharp weak especially to sd so I'd recommend switching rotom for keldeo since you are not really weak to birds and keldeo can easily be another nasty pass receiver. If you decide on this change you could run specs or scarf since both fit on this team. I'd also change heatran's ev's to 248hp/16spdef/244+speed because it allows you to check a larger number of mons with that speed(most notably it can help handle bish better) and you dont really lose much bulk in the process but again this is up to your preferences. You should also change celebi's spread to 248hp/152def/108speed because this allows you to handle Mgross alot easier since nothing on your team can comfortably switch in on it plus you still out speed and take out bish after a nasty plot. Lastly I'd just like to point out some threats to the team for you to add onto the threat list.

Hazards: You have no means of hazard removal on the team and honestly all of them just add to your bisharp weakness unless you add scarf exca>lando but I'd just leave it as is and try to pressure the opponent to not set up hazards too early.
specifically dd+2atk Malt as it rips up your team after just one dd. Although you have decent enough checks to let it not set up in Mgarde and band azu(takes a big hit though) you are still gonna have a tough time and need to make some plays to not let it set up.
Even if you add keldeo I can see bish still being a huge threat to your team as keldeo is easily worn down and at +2 everything just dies and your primary answer for physical mons just boosts its attack further.
Every team is weak to this LOL in all seriousness you can actually take this thing on somewhat with the new celebi spread and scarf lando but Mgross can still tear through you since nothing on team really likes taking a hit from it and you have no hazard removal so this threat should be handled carefully as it can easily pressure you to the point where it or a teammate can overtake you.

There is a few other mons such as Mlopunny and Mzam that can be threatening but I feel that if you play it right they will not threaten you as much as these mons above can.
Overall cool team I like the concept hope I helped n_n

Set changes below
Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 16 SpD / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic/Earth Power
- Taunt
- Lava Plume

Keldeo @ Choice Specs/Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind/Hidden power Electric/Hidden Power Bug

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Celebi @ Colbur Berry
Bold Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Baton Pass
- Earth Power/Recover
- Giga Drain

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
Hey littlelucario nice team i actually like the build a lot! Small nitpicks though. First you have no defogger or spinner so that can be a problem if the opponent stacks hazards on you. Change the evs on Mgarde to 24def/232spatk/252speed as it allows you to avoid the 2hko from latios's psyshock(i got ninja'd on this one). You can also try modest>timid on garde but that is up to personal preference. Despite the celebi set you also appear to be a little bisharp weak especially to sd so I'd recommend switching rotom for keldeo since you are not really weak to birds and keldeo can easily be another nasty pass receiver. If you decide on this change you could run specs or scarf since both fit on this team. I'd also change heatran's ev's to 248hp/16spdef/244+speed because it allows you to check a larger number of mons with that speed(most notably it can help handle bish better) and you dont really lose much bulk in the process but again this is up to your preferences. You should also change celebi's spread to 248hp/152def/108speed because this allows you to handle Mgross alot easier since nothing on your team can comfortably switch in on it plus you still out speed and take out bish after a nasty plot. Lastly I'd just like to point out some threats to the team for you to add onto the threat list.

Hazards: You have no means of hazard removal on the team and honestly all of them just add to your bisharp weakness unless you add scarf exca>lando but I'd just leave it as is and try to pressure the opponent to not set up hazards too early.
specifically dd+2atk Malt as it rips up your team after just one dd. Although you have decent enough checks to let it not set up in Mgarde and band azu(takes a big hit though) you are still gonna have a tough time and need to make some plays to not let it set up.
Even if you add keldeo I can see bish still being a huge threat to your team as keldeo is easily worn down and at +2 everything just dies and your primary answer for physical mons just boosts its attack further.
Every team is weak to this LOL in all seriousness you can actually take this thing on somewhat with the new celebi spread and scarf lando but Mgross can still tear through you since nothing on team really likes taking a hit from it and you have no hazard removal so this threat should be handled carefully as it can easily pressure you to the point where it or a teammate can overtake you.

There is a few other mons such as Mlopunny and Mzam that can be threatening but I feel that if you play it right they will not threaten you as much as these mons above can.
Overall cool team I like the concept hope I helped n_n

Set changes below
Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 16 SpD / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic/Earth Power
- Taunt
- Lava Plume

Keldeo @ Choice Specs/Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind/Hidden power Electric/Hidden Power Bug

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Celebi @ Colbur Berry
Bold Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Baton Pass
- Earth Power/Recover
- Giga Drain
Thanks for all the suggetions! all added to the OP (they are very reasonable and make almost perfect sense all things considered).

I'm thinking about testing out Agility Ampharos, what do you guys think about it?

Last edited:

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey,

Bisharp is indeed a huge problem for your team, as Keldeo will hate having its specs knocked off, and will hate having a Scarf Knocked Off even more. Other threats to your team include Gengar and Thundurus, which can destroy everything on your team with only a little prior damage. An easy fix for that would be to change Landorus-T to a SDef Hippowdon. If you have Scarf Keldeo, Gyarados isn't an issue, which is the only relevant setup sweeper that Hippo can't check that Landorus can. Obviously they function a lot different, since one is a Scarf Pokemon and the other isn't, but they cover virtually the same threats. The only difference is that Hippowdon better handles Bisharp, Gengar, Thundurus, Raikou, and Mega Manectric. It also checks versions of Metagross without Grass Knot. The next thing I would change is to change Heatran to a Magma Storm set. This will help you eliminate bulkier specially defensive Pokemon that might inhibit your team, Chansey being one of the more prominent ones. With this change, I would also suggest running either Air Balloon or Shuca Berry on the set to help deal with Altaria better. Shuca Berry makes you a much more reliable check, since you only get one shot to check it with Air Balloon, but with Shuca you can't check it if you have taken any prior damage at all. It's really personal preference. PS use HP Electric on Keldeo>Icy Wind.

Anyway I hope I was able to help, good luck with the team!

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Flash Cannon

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hey, I would suggest Air Balloon offensive Heatran over your current Lefties Heatran set since Mega Altaria, and to some extent, mega Charizard x is a problem to your team. Hippowdon would be great too.

I like Halcyon's suggestion of SDef Hippo, that's a really good fit. On Keldeo, I'd go CM over Scarf or Specs. If you do manage to get a NastyPass off you want to be able to abuse your STAB coverage as much as possible. There are more things that can come in on a +2 Scald or +2 Secret Swords than can come in on both. You can also boost up further if you force a switch.

I would also look into Modest on Gard. The power increase might be worth it, especially because a lot of base 100s are running Modest or Adamant natures these days. It is important to note that Modest secures the 3HKO on Chansey whereas Timid doesn't.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
Hey,

Bisharp is indeed a huge problem for your team, as Keldeo will hate having its specs knocked off, and will hate having a Scarf Knocked Off even more. Other threats to your team include Gengar and Thundurus, which can destroy everything on your team with only a little prior damage. An easy fix for that would be to change Landorus-T to a SDef Hippowdon. If you have Scarf Keldeo, Gyarados isn't an issue, which is the only relevant setup sweeper that Hippo can't check that Landorus can. Obviously they function a lot different, since one is a Scarf Pokemon and the other isn't, but they cover virtually the same threats. The only difference is that Hippowdon better handles Bisharp, Gengar, Thundurus, Raikou, and Mega Manectric. It also checks versions of Metagross without Grass Knot. The next thing I would change is to change Heatran to a Magma Storm set. This will help you eliminate bulkier specially defensive Pokemon that might inhibit your team, Chansey being one of the more prominent ones. With this change, I would also suggest running either Air Balloon or Shuca Berry on the set to help deal with Altaria better. Shuca Berry makes you a much more reliable check, since you only get one shot to check it with Air Balloon, but with Shuca you can't check it if you have taken any prior damage at all. It's really personal preference. PS use HP Electric on Keldeo>Icy Wind.

Anyway I hope I was able to help, good luck with the team!

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 212 HP / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Flash Cannon

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
Hey, I would suggest Air Balloon offensive Heatran over your current Lefties Heatran set since Mega Altaria, and to some extent, mega Charizard x is a problem to your team. Hippowdon would be great too.
I like Halcyon's suggestion of SDef Hippo, that's a really good fit. On Keldeo, I'd go CM over Scarf or Specs. If you do manage to get a NastyPass off you want to be able to abuse your STAB coverage as much as possible. There are more things that can come in on a +2 Scald or +2 Secret Swords than can come in on both. You can also boost up further if you force a switch.

I would also look into Modest on Gard. The power increase might be worth it, especially because a lot of base 100s are running Modest or Adamant natures these days. It is important to note that Modest secures the 3HKO on Chansey whereas Timid doesn't.
Thanks for the help with the team guys. Also, I was trying out subcm Keldeo already when you said to use it Celticpride xD, but I definetely think that modest garde and spdef hippo are way better for the team.

Yo littlelucario, sweet team you have here! Your team is really weak to gengar, as nothing can switch in more than once, and only 2 mons can really outspeed and ko it. Because of this, I suggest that you make knock off the mandatory last move on scarf lando. Nice team! :]

Scotti

we back.
Sup littlelucario. Earlier on showdown I said I was going to rate your team and so I came here to do it. First off you gave me the updated version of the team http://hastebin.com/raw/gufuvomari.md so I will make changes based upon this version.

Ok I recommend changing your celebi spread to a spread of 248 hp | 88 def | 172 spe | instead of your current spread. When I was laddering with your team, I got out paced by a heatran and I was very confused. Then I took a look at the ev spread, and I understood why. The spread I recommend allows you to outspeed max speed heatran, which usually means you outspeed scizor as well, so you can bp on it without getting smacked by u-turn. This is very important, because it also allows you to pass np more reliably. The next change I recommend you making is running scarf keldeo over azumarill. Azumarill acts as a nice keldeo check, however your team handles keldeo fine with celebi. Keldeo is great for this team, because it lets you handles threats like mega lop, mega diancie, reg gyarados(which 6-0s you (run hp electric > Icy wind)), and offers a nice check to bisharp. When I added scarf keldeo to this team, it helped a lot and made this team a lot easier to use. Scarf Keldeo also does great against rain teams which could be a great annoyance. However the best thing is that you can past nasty plot boost to scarf keldeo, making it an amazing cleaner. Nasty Plot celebi and keldeo make such great partners, and they can come in on each others check and counters. It also allows you a better match up against stall teams which is nice. The next change I recommend, is running banded scizor over bisharp. Looking at your threat list, you are weak to mega metagross, ddance alt, and bisharp. Well banded scizor helps with all 3 of those. Banded scizor makes a decent pseudo check to bisharp, because it can come in on iron head and force it out pretty well. And with the addition of keldeo handling bisharp should be easier. Banded scizor also makes a great counter to mega metagross. It can come in on any move, but hammer arm, and proceed to pursuit trap mega metagross. If mega metagross decides to hammer arm, you can at least out pace it and hit it with banded pursuit the next turn which does a nice amount of damage even if the opponent does not switch out. However in most situations you win no matter what against. Lastly, banded scizor makes a great mega altaria check. 252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 64 HP / 0 Def Mega Altaria: 300-354 (97.7 - 115.3%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO | 192+ Atk Pixilate Mega Altaria Return vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 102-120 (29.7 - 34.9%) -- 12.6% chance to 3HKO | 192+ Atk Mega Altaria Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 102-120 (29.7 - 34.9%) -- 14% chance to 3HKO | not only can you ohko mega alt(most of the time), but you also take almost nothing from its attacks. It can also be a nice check to the special alt set, which can kinda give the team trouble also. Scizor is also a great pursuit mon, so it can pursuit trap threats to keldeo such as latios, latias, celebi, slowbro, and slowking. The last change that I recommend is running Rock Slide/Stone Edge over flash cannon or epower on heatran. With the addition of mega scizor, your team handles most fairies rather easily. However if scizor dies, before taking out the fairy then keeping flash cannon on heatran can be very helpful. However if you feel the team handles fairies well enough, then I recommend replace epower. Epower helps with opposing trans and fire types, but you have celebi to lure them in, and keldeo gets a free switch in on most of them. However if you feel like you still need it then replace flash cannon. Now the reason I wanted you to run Rock Slide/Stone Edge, is because your team gets 6-0d by tflame. Because you ran crunch over stone edge on hippo for gengar, talonflame becomes a huge ass threat, so by running Rock Slide/ Stone Edge you can take it down and not become set up fodder. Rock Slide/Stone Edge is also nice against mega charizard y who is also a huge threat to your team and it also allows you to handles volcorona. The reason you might run to run rock slide over stone edge is because you don't want to miss, however rock slide can ohko zard y and it does shit to dragons like dragonite and to to tornadus-t, zapdos, and other flying types. Its your choice really.

sets

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump

Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Pursuit

I hope I helped :]

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
Sup littlelucario. Earlier on showdown I said I was going to rate your team and so I came here to do it. First off you gave me the updated version of the team http://hastebin.com/raw/gufuvomari.md so I will make changes based upon this version.

Ok I recommend changing your celebi spread to a spread of 248 hp | 88 def | 172 spe | instead of your current spread. When I was laddering with your team, I got out paced by a heatran and I was very confused. Then I took a look at the ev spread, and I understood why. The spread I recommend allows you to outspeed max speed heatran, which usually means you outspeed scizor as well, so you can bp on it without getting smacked by u-turn. This is very important, because it also allows you to pass np more reliably. The next change I recommend you making is running scarf keldeo over azumarill. Azumarill acts as a nice keldeo check, however your team handles keldeo fine with celebi. Keldeo is great for this team, because it lets you handles threats like mega lop, mega diancie, reg gyarados(which 6-0s you (run hp electric > Icy wind)), and offers a nice check to bisharp. When I added scarf keldeo to this team, it helped a lot and made this team a lot easier to use. Scarf Keldeo also does great against rain teams which could be a great annoyance. However the best thing is that you can past nasty plot boost to scarf keldeo, making it an amazing cleaner. Nasty Plot celebi and keldeo make such great partners, and they can come in on each others check and counters. It also allows you a better match up against stall teams which is nice. The next change I recommend, is running banded scizor over bisharp. Looking at your threat list, you are weak to mega metagross, ddance alt, and bisharp. Well banded scizor helps with all 3 of those. Banded scizor makes a decent pseudo check to bisharp, because it can come in on iron head and force it out pretty well. And with the addition of keldeo handling bisharp should be easier. Banded scizor also makes a great counter to mega metagross. It can come in on any move, but hammer arm, and proceed to pursuit trap mega metagross. If mega metagross decides to hammer arm, you can at least out pace it and hit it with banded pursuit the next turn which does a nice amount of damage even if the opponent does not switch out. However in most situations you win no matter what against. Lastly, banded scizor makes a great mega altaria check. 252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 64 HP / 0 Def Mega Altaria: 300-354 (97.7 - 115.3%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO | 192+ Atk Pixilate Mega Altaria Return vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 102-120 (29.7 - 34.9%) -- 12.6% chance to 3HKO | 192+ Atk Mega Altaria Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 102-120 (29.7 - 34.9%) -- 14% chance to 3HKO | not only can you ohko mega alt(most of the time), but you also take almost nothing from its attacks. It can also be a nice check to the special alt set, which can kinda give the team trouble also. Scizor is also a great pursuit mon, so it can pursuit trap threats to keldeo such as latios, latias, celebi, slowbro, and slowking. The last change that I recommend is running Rock Slide/Stone Edge over flash cannon or epower on heatran. With the addition of mega scizor, your team handles most fairies rather easily. However if scizor dies, before taking out the fairy then keeping flash cannon on heatran can be very helpful. However if you feel the team handles fairies well enough, then I recommend replace epower. Epower helps with opposing trans and fire types, but you have celebi to lure them in, and keldeo gets a free switch in on most of them. However if you feel like you still need it then replace flash cannon. Now the reason I wanted you to run Rock Slide/Stone Edge, is because your team gets 6-0d by tflame. Because you ran crunch over stone edge on hippo for gengar, talonflame becomes a huge ass threat, so by running Rock Slide/ Stone Edge you can take it down and not become set up fodder. Rock Slide/Stone Edge is also nice against mega charizard y who is also a huge threat to your team and it also allows you to handles volcorona. The reason you might run to run rock slide over stone edge is because you don't want to miss, however rock slide can ohko zard y and it does shit to dragons like dragonite and to to tornadus-t, zapdos, and other flying types. Its your choice really.

sets

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump

Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Pursuit

I hope I helped :]
Thanks dude! I'll make sure to update the team.

Edit: Updated!

Last edited:
Hey, not to be a grammar nazi, but could you take a look at this bit:
Stone Edge is a great move that hits most of the tear neutrally when it is paired with stone edge, and it helps make me less Talonflame weak
(tier) (earth quake) (perhaps rephrase)
this might make it a litle better. btw, what checks do you have for m-sableye and m-bunny?

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
Hey, not to be a grammar nazi, but could you take a look at this bit:
Stone Edge is a great move that hits most of the tear neutrally when it is paired with stone edge, and it helps make me less Talonflame weak
(tier) (earth quake) (perhaps rephrase)
this might make it a litle better. btw, what checks do you have for m-sableye and m-bunny?
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll make sure to update the RMT.

Edit: OP updated

Right-O, been meaning to do this for quite some time, I've just been really distracted with work among other things. But, I've finally got some time.
It's been said a few times now, Bisharp is a pretty decent sized problem for you. With a combination of Knock off, Stealth Rocks and a well timed Sucker Punch, Bisharp can pretty much take down your team bar Keldeo and Hippo, which neither enjoy taking a knock off anyways.

Now, the problem comes in what can reliably take on Bisharps. The first thing that pops to mind is Chesnaught, however, despite the fact your team seems to be balance, it leans more towards offense (with Hippo) than it does anything and Chesnaught would just kill Momentum. And unfortunately, a lot of the things that can prove to be a pain to Bisharp, makes your team weaker to something else. Lol, unfortunately a lack of sleep doesn't allow me to delve into what may work best in this instance.

Honestly though, other than that, this team looks damn good.

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey man nice team do u have here, i just see a lil bit weak to physical type attacker so i suggest a better spread on that Hippo also seem u dont have much for Tornadus-T which is pretty common this days, this hippo spread may help u
Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
hope i hel u man gl

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
Hey man nice team do u have here, i just see a lil bit weak to physical type attacker so i suggest a better spread on that Hippo also seem u dont have much for Tornadus-T which is pretty common this days, this hippo spread may help u
Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
hope i hel u man gl
Thanks for the rate man, I'll make sure to work on it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)