Tournament The Neverused Premier League III - Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
~The Neverused Premier League III~
(art coming eventually)
It's back! Allegedly.

In this thread, sign up if you want to be a manager. There will be 6 teams, and returning managers will get some sort of priority over non-returning managers. I'll be selecting the managers based on prior NU experience / prior NUPL experience / prior SPL and tournament experience in that order. Just post a short thing on why you think you should be a manager, keeping in mind those three things.

Here's what you'll be signing up for:

-A chance to lead a team to victory in the most prestigious NU tournament that isn't the NU Open!
-Sending me your roster every week on the Sunday before deadline. I'm going with a weekly deadline of Sunday @ 11:59 pm EST. If the roster isn't in, I'm filling it out for you.
-Making sure your team stays active / subbing out inactive players. SPL inactivity rules apply.
-Playing one match a week in a tier of your choice.

Hi I'm Zebraiken and I kinda smell but I used to play NU and sometimes I still do. I also lead / still lead the tier so I know the metagame a bit. I'm a massive nerd tournament director who hosted SPL.

Here are the metagames that will be played:

ORAS NU
ORAS NU
ORAS NU
XY NU
BW2 NU
BW2 NU
BW NU
DPP NU
ADV NU
ORAS NU / BW2 NU / DPP NU Bo3

That's 10 slots, up from 8 last year. As a manager, you _must_ play every week but you do not actually need to stick to one slot; you can play 5 different ones in 5 different weeks if you want.

If you have any questions please ask me on irc or via forum pm. If you have any complaints please direct them at Raseri, it is probably his fault.

Deadline for applications: Thursday, March 19th at 11:59 PM EST (gmt -5).

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
ooh pick me.

NU: I've been playing since late BW, really got competitive in OR/AS, member of qc team, help new users on ps and in teambuilding lab thread.
NUPL: raseri didn't realize that i was the best alive and only played me twice. went 1-1.
SPL: undrafted, still better than raseri

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Hi I'm Finchinator and I'm not a massive nerd like Zeb.

With that being said, I took up NU around the start of the year and have been playing it frequently since then while I also played it last gen at times, too. I'm quite knowledgeable about the playerbase and partook in the past two NUPLs, going a combined 8-2 iirc. I've managed plenty of tours on PO and could probably handle doing this because I'm active and can deal with most people to some extent. I don't really expect to get picked because there are a lot of people who have been a part of this community for longer than I, but if I get the opportunity to manage, I'd like to.

also apparently i'm the only one writing more than like five words for their sign up, oops ok not anymore lol

Last edited:

The Goomy

Whitest Mexican Alive
My name is The Goomy~

I've played NU practically exclusively since the beginning of 2014, but I got into it in BW. Help with teambuilding lab, as well as acting as a driver in the NU room.

NUPL: I think I went 1-1 last year?
SPL: 2-3 this year against the gauntlet (Also I need to train my Sawk in the mountains, learn how to hit, ffs) O.o

As a side note, if I do get to manage, my team should be named the Happy Dinos.

blunder

the bobby fischer of pokemon
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 25 Championis a defending SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
dunno if this is the place to post it, but if possible can we have this tourney some time later? there are 3 other premier leagues going during this time and last nupl was in july.

Deej Dy

Verified Ladder Scurb 乁( ◔ ౪◔)ㄏ
Hey I'm Deejles Mcdy, You may know me as "dat laddur scrub" the " '-' face " spammer, or an avid Ninetales, Poliwrath, and Malamar user. I'd like to apply because I love working in teams and am highly competitive and I wish to help and learn from an awesome team if I'm elected Manager.

NU: I've been playing since BW2 in the Alomomola and Musharna Haydays, and I'm pretty active in the NU chat and enjoy laddering a lot despite its criticism because I still like having a numerical measurement to see team improvement when teambuilding.

NUPL: I was with QQ's squad last year and had a lot of fun with the Army of Armaldos, went 2-2 I believe and I played a variety of NU metagames

SPL: Wasn't in SPL, but tested with Teddeh quite a bit and we had some great test games

I'd like to mainly coach because I think I have a good feel of the NU community much more so than last SPL and I'm strongly fueled competitively, even though I can let it get the best of me sometimes.

Also I've brainstorming some pretty awesome team names

Last edited:

Shuckleking87

"Assault vest makes everything better" AV Seaking, BT
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
NU: Started towards late 4th gen, I would always top the PS NU ladder back when like a hundred people used pokemon showdown with my specially defensive curse carracosta. But I was more of a consistent presence during BW1 NU
NUPL (dewdongs 4 lyfe): 1st one went 3-1, but I did beat crappy competition like Eo Ut Mortus and McMeghan so meh.
last NUPL went 2-1, (not counting my loss after we were already eliminated, even though yanma is a god), mainly playing BW2 NU
SPL: Snubbed
Little bit of an older player, but i think this will help with the current format. And I know enough knowledge and players this gen
If manager, I call dibs on Tachy

Cased

Banned deucer.
alright guys make way for the chosen one

NU: been kickin' ass since 2012 started on Pokemon Onlyne and beat Zebraiken easily in my first ever tournament game after learning how to play 'mons again after my year hiatus after meeting Finc2612 who lied to everyone and said he was 22 years old and made 6 figures as an accountant and he was a baseball player at Rutgers university (he was 12 yrs old) then i did really well in that tour then i got NU tier leader on PO then I decided to take my talents down to south beach aka smogon then i took a shit on every single nu player (shout-out SG FLCL Zeb Annoyer mainly) and i proceeded to get haxed this SPL and finished with a clean 4-5 record

NUPL: went 5-1, should've been 6-0 but Zebraiken is a lucky piece of shit

SPL: all-time 11-9 record, 7-4 SPL 5 (started off 7-1 but reiku is a lucky shit and RIP SG 50/50 and I played my SPL finals game in a hospital bed) and then 4-5 SPL 7 but the latter record is kind of upsetting since a lot of shit didn't go near my way

I was told to take over the Ainsleys

Posting because why not, there are better candidates but I am cool

NU: playing since late bw2, while I am not as active in the community these days I still play a lot and tutor the tier for b101/ladder somewhat
NUPL: I went like 3-1 but not a single game did count because I played very late/we were eliminated. AIR HUY AVALUGGES
SPL: best undrafted player imo. built with Tricking first week before he decided to change team and get punished by gods with a loss and permanent bench spot.

Also I support blunders post t.t

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
how does like mid-april sound to everyone? i can stretch shit out till then ez (post player signups like next week, auction sometime april, start mid-late april?) i posted this now bcos raseri said it was cool but ya that's a good idea.

how does like mid-april sound to everyone? i can stretch shit out till then ez (post player signups like next week, auction sometime april, start mid-late april?) i posted this now bcos raseri said it was cool but ya that's a good idea.
i think if first week of action starts (week beginning) 13th April, that would appease everyone. 1 month isnt that far, + there will be managers to pick, auctions, trials + signups to do before then. It appeases to both sides of the arguement, rather than rushing unneccesarily into this.

besides, we dont want to be the same as other tiers. That wouldnt be NU :]

edit: 222 post :s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)